my friend and i are the ____.we are friend____ quiet

当前位置: >>>2012年人教版八年级英语上册第6单元同步验收练习题
2012年人教版八年级英语上册第6单元同步验收练习题揪错
找名校名卷--->>上
上,找“八年级英语人教新目标同步上册”更多相关试卷猜你喜欢——
最新更新试卷——Thirty thousand dollars. I heard that figure and my jaw dropped. That’s the amount that a couple of my friends are spending on their upcoming wedding.
Every time I hear about some new detail of the plans for the wedding, there’s a little voice in my head that starts commenting on the bottom line. But here’s the thing — it’s not my wedding. I’m not going to say a word because my friends are adults and seem to be pretty pleased with what they’re getting for their money.
The High Cost of Weddings
The Wedding Report, an industry publication, reports that the average wedding costs $29,000 in the U.S, so my friends aren’t so far off the norm. The number may be hard to wrap your head around if you’re used to thinking about things in terms of budgeting, saving money and all the other little things that go along with thinking hard about your personal finances, but it’s also not so uncommon when you think about the number of cultures in which families bring themselves to the edge of bankruptcy for weddings, dowries and other related expenses.
Personally, I don’t like those numbers but the simple fact of the matter is that I know I’m in the minority. My wedding cost just under $200 and I got exactly what I wanted (down to the perfect cake). While I have a hard time understanding the big numbers some people spend on weddings, many people have just as hard a time understanding how I could spend so little.
Nothing I can say or do will make my friends see things my way — and the reverse is just as true. And since they’re happy, the only result I can see from saying anything at all is putting my friendships in danger. So, I’m keeping my mouth shut.
High-Priced Weddings Aren’t Going Away
But I’m still thinking about the matter.
I’m thinking about why people so clearly prefer big weddings, even with the price tag. For a lot of people, I think it’s a matter of priorities: they’ve thought things through and the idea of a big wedding and all that goes with it (fun times with family, a great party and so on) is worth it. The experience of the perfect wedding is worth more than the alternatives of where they can spend that money.
At the end of the day, it’s a matter of personal choices, as it should be. If your financial priority is your wedding, that’s fine. You should be able to throw the rockingest party you can. The problems creep in when we think about the fact that not everyone manages their finances perfectly. Not everyone saves up money to pay for their wedding ahead of time or budget for what they can afford to spend. Some people choose to go pretty deep into debt in order to have the wedding of their dreams and wind up paying even more in interest, not to mention causing damage to their credit.
The idea of massive debt for one day of fun — charging an amount equivalent to at least a down payment on a house, if not most of the total cost — is what bothers me. I’m lucky enough that my friends aren’t in that boat, but even if they were, it seems like it’s not considered polite to even bring up wedding costs and talk about debts. It’s not a friend’s place to say anything. I can’t help but wonder if costs would be a little lower if friends talked about how they were able to save money on their celebrations or talk candidly about staying out of debt.
The current state of the economy seems to be bringing a few more of those discussions out into the open. But we’ve still got a ways to go. I’m certainly not interested in risking my friendships just to talk about money. I don’t think I’m the only one, either.
So, I wish my friends all the happiness in the world — a beautiful wedding and a wonderful marriage. I will be there for the happy day and I will gladly celebrate with them.
Money Saving Tip:
An incredibly effective way to save more is to reduce your monthly Internet and TV costs.
Related Posts
Subscribe (and Get a Mini-Course Too!)
. A 7-part mini course to help you spend less and be happy will be sent to you when you subscribe, and you will also get an ever-expanding How to Save Money on Everything ebook. Alternatively, stay engaged in our discussions via our
(Don't worry about spam, because we hate it as much as you do!)
Leave a Comment
Free Signup to Get a free ebook on How to Save Money on Everything! Constantly expanding, it will be the biggest money saving ebook available, and it's FREE! &
(I hate spam and promise that your information will never be shared.)
: Very good points here. Far too many of mine friends have ended up in a battle royale because of finances, and...
: I am in fact thankful to th? holder of t??? site w?o ha? shared thi? great article aat at this time.
Other Topics
Disclaimer
Information presented on Personal Finance Blog by MoneyNing is intended for informational purposes only and should not be mistaken for financial advice.
While all attempts are made to present accurate information, it may not be appropriate for your specific circumstances.
Any offers and rates shown on this site can change without notice and may contain information that is no longer valid.
For further validation, always visit the official site for the most up-to-date information.
This site may receive compensation from companies to offer an opinion about a product or service.
We strive to provide honest opinions and findings, but the information is based on individual circumstances and your specific experiences may vary.
We also treat your privacy seriously.
Please take some time to understand our full policies and disclaimers .山东省2013年17地市英语中考题及答案汇总_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
山东省2013年17地市英语中考题及答案汇总
山​东​省03​年7​地​市​英​语​中​考​题​及​答​案​汇​总
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 6 I’m more outgoing than my sisiter》word同步测试【.
下载积分:1000
内容提示:人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 6 I’m more outgoing than my sisiter》word同步测试【试题试卷】
文档格式:DOC|
浏览次数:0|
上传日期: 01:18:37|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 6 I’m more outgoing th
官方公共微信 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。