the tourists want to( )the2:03 train the trainer

欢迎来到快乐学习
您是否希望前往
厦门一中10-11学年上高二英语期中试卷
字体大小 T |T
摘要:福建省厦门第一中学学年度第一学期期中考试 高二年英语试卷第Ⅰ卷(共105 分)第一部分:听力(共两节,满分20分)第一节 (共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)
  福建省厦门第一中学学年度第一学期期试 年英语试卷
  第Ⅰ卷(共105 分)
  第一部分:听力(共两节,满分20分)
  第一节 (共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)
  听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
  1. What does the woman mean?
  A. She doesn&t know when the deadline for tuition payment is.
  B. The man should have paid his tuition a week ago.
  C. The man has all week to pay his tuition.
  2. When will Uncle John come to visit the speakers?
  A. Tomorrow.B. Next month.C. Next week.
  3. How much will the man have to pay?
  A. $100.B. $320.C. $400.
  4. How will the speakers probably go to school?
  A. On foot.B. By bike.C. By bus.
  5. What does the woman mean?
  A. She lost her notes.B. The notes are not hers.
  C. Someone has borrowed her notes.
  第二节 (共15小题;每题1分,满分15分)
  听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,每小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
  听第6段材料,回答第6至7题。
  6. What are the speakers?
  A. Two teachers.B. A teacher and a student.C. Two students.
  7. What are they talking about?
  A. An exam.B. Miss Lee.C. A subject.
  听第7段材料,回答第8至10题。
  8. Who is Charles?
  A. Cindy&s husband.B. Cindy&s son.C. Cindy&s grandson.
  9. How many grandsons does Cindy have?
  A. One.B. Two.C. Three.
  10. How does Cindy&s daughter get along with her in-laws?
  A. Well.B. Bad.C. So-so.
  听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。
  11. What&s the matter with the boy?
  A. He got a headache.B. He hurt badly.C. He got a fever.
  12. Where will the speaker go after breakfast?
  A. Go to hospital.B. Go to school.C. Go to drugstore.
  13. Why does the boy insist on going to school?
  A. There is his favorite class today.B. There is his favorite match today.
  C. He doesn&t want to be behind others.
  听第9段材料,回答第14至16题。
  14. Where did the woman go last year?
  A. Cyprus.B. Switzerland.C. ALPS.
  15. How does the man prefer to travel?
  A. By car.B. By train.C. By air.
  16. What&s the weather like in Cyprus?
  A. It&s hot in the hills in summer.B. It&s cool up in the hills in summer.
  C. It&s cool down in the hills in summer.
  听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
  17. How much does the pass cost if you are a student?
  A. $760.B. $800.C. $840.
  18. What can we learn from the conversation?
  A. The pass can be used for 12 months.B. The route is from Sydney to Sydney.
  C. People can only visit important cities.
  19. In which city of Australia can you start using the pass?
  A. Sydney.B. Any city.C. Melbourne.
  20. Where can you go diving?
  A. In Alice Springs.B. In Ayers Rock.C. In Cairns.
  第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
  第一节单项填空 (共15 小题,每小题1 分,满分15 分)
  21. ---- How about ____ Halloween party last week?
  ---- I should say it was ____ success.
  A. aB. aC. /D. /
  22. ---- Please give me today&s newspaper to read ____ I will have to wait for some time.
  ---- Just a minute, sir.
  A. in no caseB. in caseC. in case ofD. in that case
  23. ____ we have tried it, we can&t imagine how hard it is.
  A. UnlessB. BecauseC. AlthoughD. When
  24. No hurry at all. The train will come in an hour, ____, we can have lunch.
  A. thoughB. meanwhileC. howeverD. while
  25. As a candidate, you must make a good ____ on everyone if you want to win the election.
  A. decisionB. situationC. impressionD. position
  26. ---- When shall we restart our business?
  ---- Not until we ____ our plan.
  A. will finishB. are finishingC. are to finishD. have finished
  27. He has recently ____ tennis to relax himself in his spare time.
  A. taken downB. taken upC. taken inD. taken on
  28. ---- Shall we run around the park or go for a bike ride?
  ----____. They are both good activities.
  A. That&s all rightB. I&d prefer a bike ride
  C. Yes, I like them very muchD. It makes no difference to me
  29. ____ your leg seriously injured, you have no choice but to lie in bed.
  A. AsB. BecauseC. WithD. Since
  30. ____ the money you gave me yesterday, I have another 10 dollars in my wallet.
  A. Apart fromB. ExceptC. In additionD. Except for
  31. ---- What&s the matter with Mary?
  ---- She wasn&t invited to the ball, but she still ____.
  A. hopes soB. hopes thatC. hopes toD. hopes it
  32. We must note that many people ____ the knowledge of first aid.
  A. lackB. lack ofC. lackingD. are lacking
  33. The company is starting a new advertising campaign to ____ new customers to its stores.
  A. joinB. attractC. stickD. call
  34. ----____?
  ---- Maybe to the sports centre.
  A. Where do you think he has gone?B. Where do you think has he gone?
  C. Do you think where he has gone?D. Do you think where has he gone?
  35. ----Did Linda see the traffic accident?
  ----No, no sooner ____ than it happened.
  A. she had leftB. she leftC. did she leaveD. had she left
  第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
  阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36&55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
  One summer in college, I was invited to be an instructor at a high school leadership camp.
  I first36a boy under the tree on the first day of camp. His obvious37and shyness made him appear weak and lonely. Nearby, 20038campers were playing and joking, but the boy seemed to want to be anywhere39where he was.
  I was instructed to care more about campers who might feel40. So I41him and said, &Hi, I&m Kevin. It&s nice to meet you. How are you?&
  42a shaky voice he43answered, &Okay, I guess.&
  I calmly asked him to join in the activities and44some new people. He quietly replied, &No, this is not really my thing.&
  I could45that this whole experience was46to him. But I somehow knew it wouldn&t be right to47him, either. It was going to take more time and48.
  The next day, I was leading camp songs for the campers. They eagerly participated. But the boy was just sitting alone,49out the window.
  That evening at our nightly staff meeting, I made my50about him known. I asked them to pay special attention and spend time with him51they could.
  The days flew by fast. When the &last dance& came, surprisingly, the boy from under the tree was now a shirtless dancing52. He owned the dance floor53meaningful time with others. I couldn&t& believe it was him.
  In that instant, I realized how easy it is to give a bit of54every day. You may never know how much each gesture may mean to someone else. I tell this story as55as I can, and I advise others to look out for their own &boy under the tree.&
  36.A.noticedB.recognizedC.learnedD.heard
  37.A.angerB.discomfortC.excitementD.satisfaction
  38.A.ambitiousB.curiousC.anxiousD.eager
  39.A.or ratherB.just asC.other thanD.as well as
  40.A.left outB.put outC.made outD.let out
  41.A.passedB.leftC.approachedD.visited
  42.A.AtB.ByC.OnD.In
  43. A.unfortunatelyB.unwillinglyC.unconsciouslyD.uninterestingly
  44.A.meetB.interviewC.findD.help
  45.A.considerB.suggestC.senseD.prove
  46.A.familiarB.strangeC.similarD.typical
  47.A.pushB.pullC.pardonD.punish
  48.A.effectsB.exercisesC.expensesD.efforts
  49.A.observingB.staringC.admiringD.examining
  50.A.concernB.troubleC.devotionD.understanding
  51.A.unlessB.beforeC.whenD.since
  52.A.wonderB.dangerC.sceneD.instructor
  53.A.sparingB.savingC.spreadingD.sharing
  54.A.himselfB.yourselfC.themselvesD.itself
  55.A.oftenB.farC.soonD.long
  第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
  第一节 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的 A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
  F. Scott Fitzgerald, born on September 24, 1896, an American novelist, was once a student of St. Paul Academy, the Newman School and attended Princeton University for a short while. In 1917 he joined the army and was posted in Alabama, where he met his future wife Zelda Sayre. Then he had to make some money to impress her.
  His life with her was full of great happiness, as he wrote in his diary: &My own happiness in the past often approached such joy that I could not share it even with the person dearest to me but had to walk it away in quiet streets and take down parts of it in my diary.&F. Scott Fitzgerald
  This side of paradise, his first novel, was published in 1920. Encouraged by its success, Fitzgerald began to devote more time to his writing. Then he continued with the novel The Beautiful and Damned (1922), a collection of short stories Tales of the Jazz Age (1922), and a play The Vegetable (1923). But his greatest success was The Great Gatsby, published in 1925, which quick brought him praise from the literary world. Yet it failed to give him the needed financial security. Then, in 1926, he published another collection of short stories All the Sad Young Men.
  However, Fitzgerald&s problems with his wife Zelda affected his writing. During the 1920s he tried to reorder his life, but failed. By 1930, his wife had her first breakdown and went to a Swiss clinic. During this period he completed novels Tender Is the Night in 1934 and The Love of the Last Tycoon in 1940. While his wife was in hospital in the United States, he got totally addicted to alcohol. Sheila Graham, his dear friend, helped him fight his alcoholism.
  56. How many novels written by Fitzgerald are mentioned in the passage?
  A. 5.B. 6.C. 7.D. 8.
  57. Which of the following is the correct order to describe Fitzgerald&s life according to the passage?
  a. He became addicted to drinking.
  b. He studied at St. Paul Academy.
  c. He published his first novel This Side of Paradise.
  d. The Great Gatsby won high praise.
  e. He failed to reorder his life.
  f. He joined the army and met Zelda.
  A. f-c-e-a-b-dB. b-e-a-f-c-dC. b-f-c-d-e-aD. f-d-e-c-b-a
  58. We can infer from the passage that Fitzgerald _____.
  A. had made some money when he met Zelda in Alabama.
  B. was well educated and well off before he served in the army
  C. helped his friend get rid of drinking while his wife was in hospital
  D. would have completed more works if his wife hadn&t broken down
  59. The passage is probably followed by a concluding paragraph about _____.
  A. Zelda&s personal life
  B. Zelda&s illness and treatment
  C. Fitzgerald&s friendship with Graham
  D. Fitzgerald&s contributions to the literary world
  Food sometimes gets poisoned with harmful things. A person who eats such food can get an illness called food poisoning. Food poisoning is usually not serious, but some types are deadly. The symptoms of food poisoning usually begin within hours of eating the poisoned food. Fever is one of the most common symptoms.
  Certain microorganisms(微生物)cause most types of food poisoning. Bacteria and other microorganisms can poison eggs, meat, vegetables, and many other foods. After entering the body, these tiny living things release poisons that make people sick.
  Some chemicals can also cause food poisoning. They are often added to food while it is being grown, processed, or prepared. For example, many farmers spray chemicals on crops to kill weeds and insects. Some people may have a bad reaction to those chemicals when they eat the crops.
  Some plants and animals contain natural poisons that are harmful to people. These include certain kinds of seafood, grains, nuts, seeds, beans, and mushrooms.
  When people handle food properly, the risk of food poisoning is very small. Microorganisms multiply rapidly in dirty places and in warm temperatures. This means that people should never touch food with dirty hands or put food on unwashed surfaces. Food should be kept in a refrigerator to stop microorganisms from growing. Meat needs to be cooked thoroughly to kill any dangerous microorganisms. People should also wash food covered with chemicals before eating it. Finally, people should not eat wild mushrooms or other foods that grow in the wild. Some of these foods may contain natural materials that are poisonous to humans. In addition, some types of fish can be poisonous.
  Most people recover from food poisoning after a few days of resting and drinking extra water. If people eat natural poisons, they must go to the hospital right away to have their stomachs emptied.
  60. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
  A. Food poisoning means death.
  B. Food poisoning can be serious.
  C. Food poisoning comes in varieties.
  D. Food when poisoned can make people sick.
  61. We know from the passage that the symptoms of food poisoning.
  A. can be noticed within hoursB. can be ignored
  C. are too common to be notedD. are always accompanied by a fever
  62. Food poisoning can be caused by all the following
  A. some chemicalsB. low temperatures
  C. some tiny living thingsD. certain natural materials
  63. From Paragraph 5,we can learn that.
  A. mushrooms should not be eaten
  B. vegetables are safer than meat and seafood
  C. natural poisons are more dangerous than chemicals
  D. different types of food should be handled differently
  64. It can be inferred from the passage that.  
  A. natural materials are safe in food processing
  B. food poisoning can be kept under control
  C. chemicals are needed in food processing
  D. food poisoning is out of control
  Ask Dr ? Jeffers
  This month Dr. Jeffers is answering questions about the human brain and how it works.
  Dear Dr. Jeffers,
  One of my colleagues, Felix Moeller, told me that scientists are learning to use computer to &read minds&. Is there any truth to this story?
  &Jane Leon, New York, USA
  Dear Ms. Leon,
  Well, a lot of research is being conducted in this area, but so far, the brain scanning equipment and corresponding computer programs haven&t been able to actually read thoughts. In one experiment, test subjects(受试者)were connected to scanning equipment and shown two numbers on a screen. They were then asked to choose between adding or subtracting(减)the two numbers. Using this method, researchers were able to follow brain processes and make the correct assumptions(假设)70 percent of the time. It&s not quite mind reading, but it&s certainly a first step.
  &Dr. J.
  Dear Dr. Jeffers,
  My three-year-old son loves it when I dig my fingers into his sides and tickle(胳肢)him until he laughs uncontrollably. The other day I noticed him trying to tickle himself but he couldn&t do it. Why not?
  &Glenn Lewis, Vancouver, Canada
  Dear Mr. Lewis,
  It&s because of how the brain works. The brain is trained to know what to pay attention to and what to ignore. It causes us to ignore physical feelings we expect to happen, but it causes a mild panic reaction when there is an unexpected feeling. For example, you don&t notice how your shoulder feels while you&re walking down the street. But if someone comes up behind you and touches you lightly on the shoulder, you may jump in fear. It&s that unexpected part that causes the tickle reaction.
  &Dr. J.
  65. What can we learn from the answer to the first question?
  A. Some equipment is able to read human minds.
  B. Test subjects have been used to make decisions.
  C. Some progress has been made in mind reading.
  D. Computer programs can copy brain processes.
  66. People laugh when tickled by others because the feeling is _____.
  A. expectedB. unexpectedC. comfortableD. uncomfortable
  67. According to the text, Jeffers is probably _____.
  A. a computer programmerB. a medical doctor
  C. a test subjectD. a human brain expert
  The American newspaper has been around for about three hundred years. In 1721, the printer James Franklin. Benjamin's older brother, started the New England Courant, and that was what we might recognize today as a real newspaper. He filled his paper with stories of adventure, articles on art, on famous people, and on all sorts of political subjects.
  Three centuries after the appearance of Franklin's Courant, few believe that newspapers in their present printed form will remain alive for long. Newspaper companies are losing readers, advertisers, market value, and, in some cases, their sense of purpose at a speed that would not have been imaginable just several years ago. The chief editor of the Times said recently, &At places where they gather, editors ask one another, 'How are you?', as if they have just come out of the hospital or a lost law case. & An article about the newspaper appeared on the website of the Guardian, under the headline &NOT DEAD YET.&
  Perhaps not, but the rise of the Internet, which has made the daily newspaper look slow and out of step with the world, has brought about a real sense of death. Some American newspapers have lost 42% of their market value in the past thee years. The New York Times Company has seen its stock(股票)drop by 54% since the end of 2004, with much of the loss coming in the past year. A manager at Deutsche Bank suggested that stock-holders sell off their Times stock The Washington Post Company has prevented the trouble only by changing part of its b its testing and test-preparation service now brings in at least half the company's income.
  68. What can we learn about the New England Courant?
  A. It is mainly about the stock market.
  B.It carries articles by political leaders.
  C. It remains a successful newspaper in America.
  D. It marks the beginning of the American newspaper.
  69. What can we infer about the newspaper editors?
  A. They often accept readers& suggestions.
  B. They care a lot about each other's health.
  C. They stop doing business with advertisers.
  D. They face great difficulties in their business.
  70. Which of the following found a new way for its development?
  A.The Guardian.B. The Washington Post.
  C. The New York Times.D. New England Courant.
  71. How does the author seem to feel about the future of newspapers?
  A. Worried.B. Hopeful.C. Satisfied.D. Surprised.
  Years ago, when I started looking for my first job, wise advisers said, &Barbara, be enthusiastic! Enthusiasm will take you further than any amount of experience.& How right they were!
  &Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm,& wrote Ralph Waldo Emerson. It is the paste that helps you hang on there when the going gets tough. It is the inner voice that whispers, &I can do it!& when others shout, &No, you can&t!& It took years and years for the early work of Barbara Mc Clintock, a geneticist (遗传学家) who won the 1983 Nobel Prize in medicine, to be generally accepted. Yet she didn&t let up on (放松) her experiments. Work was such a deep pleasure for her that she never thought of stopping.
  We are all born with wide-eyed, enthusiastic wonder and it is this childlike wonder that gives enthusiastic people such youthful air, whatever their age. At 90, cellist (大提琴家) Pablo Casals would start his day by playing Bach. As the music flowed through his fingers, his bent shoulders would straighten and joy would reappear in his eyes. As author and poet Samuel once wrote, &Years make the skin old, but to give up enthusiasm makes the soul old.&
  Enthusiastic people also love what they do, regardless of money, title or power. Patricia Mcllrath, retired director of the Missouri Repertory Theater in Kansas City, was once asked where she got her enthusiasm. She replied, &My father, a lawyer, long ago told me, I never made a penny until I stopped working for money.&
  If we cannot do what we love as a fulltime career, we can do it as a hobby. Elizabeth Layton of Wellsville, Kan, was 68 before she began to draw. This activity ended her sadness that had troubled her for at least 30 years, and the quality of her work led one critic to say, &I am persuaded to call Layton a genius.&
  We can&t afford to waste tears on &might-have-beens&. We need to turn the tears into sweat as we go after &what-can-be&. We need to live each moment whole-heartedly, with all our senses ---- finding pleasure in the sweet smell of a backyard garden, the simple picture of a six-year-old, and the beauty of a rainbow.
  72. The passage mainly shows us ____.
  A. enthusiasm leads to everything
  B. we can do nothing without enthusiasm
  C. enthusiasm makes us experience more life
  D. enthusiasm helps us to succeed to a greater degree
  73. From the example of the Nobel Prize winner Barbara Mc Clitock, we may find ____.
  A. enthusiasm can encourage us in difficult times
  B. enthusiastic people always get a deep pleasure from work
  C. you can&t make any achievement if you have no enthusiasm
  D. enthusiastic people are sure to gain great fame in the end
  74. The underlined sentence in Paragraph 3 suggests _____.
  A. time and tide wait for no manB. we grow old as time goes on
  C. people feel young with enthusiasmD. our soul becomes old with enthusiasm
  75. The main idea of the last paragraph is ____.
  A. enthusiasm can give us pleasure, though we have to sweat
  B. we should try heart and soul to win what we want
  C. we have not enough money to buy what we need
  D. enthusiasm with sweat is what we need
  第二卷
  第一节用方框中所给短语的适当形式填空,并将答案写在答题卷上。(注意:每个短语仅用一次)  
  expose &to, refer to, take the place of, in sight, be supposed to,
  take place, make sense, accuse &of, belong to, fall ill, ahead of,
  consist of, divide&into, break down, contribute to
  1. Who would like to __________ Mr White when he is away on business?
  2. The medical team to be sent to the disaster area ____________ 20 members.
  3. For miles around me there was nothing but a desert, without a single plant or tree _________.
  4. The poor man ____________ two weeks ago, but he refused to go to see a doctor.
  5. &You ______________ gather at the school gate at 8 o&clock tomorrow.& said the teacher.
  6. There was no doubt that the man he ____________ at the meeting yesterday was you.
  7. A great many people hold the view that the sentence doesn&t ________________ at all.
  8. If ______________ the virus, you will easily get infected.
  9. The other girl rushed ____________ me. I felt ashamed as I lagged farther and farther behind.
  10. ---- You may _______________ playing the piano at midnight by your neighbors.
  ---- I know. They never say anything favorable to me.
  第二节短文填词(满分10分,每空1分)
  Some years ago, SARS broke out in the mainland of China.
  The situation was so s_______ that there was no time to debate1. _______
  who is to b______. The most important thing was to find out the2. _______
  cause of this _______ (致命的) disease. The government invited3. _______
  all the most famous ______(专家) in this field to discuss and quite4. _______
  a few suggestions were ______ forward. Some of them picked out5. _______
  those suggestions and tested them to see _____ they were helpful.6. _______
  Doctor Zhong Nanshan _______(选择) one patient who was badly7. _______
  ill and had the new medicine tested on him. _____ his great joy,8. _______
  the patient recovered! He rushed to his office ______ telephoned to9. _______
  the top official, t_____ him this exciting news.10. _______
  第三节书面表达(满分25分)
  最近,你校为学生开设了有关急救知识的课程,学生们对此展开了激烈的讨论,但观点不一。请你以Is it necessary for students to take first aid courses?为题,根据所提供的信息用英语写一篇短文,内容可适当发挥。
&&&& &&&&&&&Is it necessary for students to take first aid courses?
标签:【】【】【】【】【】
上一篇:下一篇:这是最后一篇
更多关于&厦门一中10-11学年上高二英语期中试卷&的新闻
闭合电路的一部分导体在磁感线中做切割磁感线运动,所产生的电流叫做感应电流。...[]
NaNO2有多种用途,可用作热处理剂,发泡剂,金属表面处理剂、漂白染色剂等。在建...[]
备注:《厦门一中10-11学年上高二英语期中试卷》一文由免费提供。本文著作权归原作者所有,请在转载引用时保留。否则因《》一文引起的法律纠纷请自负。
1、语法:帮助学生系统梳理高一和高二核心语法&从句和非谓语,总结题目类型及解题思路和技巧。
2、词汇:全面讲解高二《牛津》和《新世纪》两本教材的核心词汇,并将...
高二年级是高中的重要阶段,又是高中三年的承上启下阶段。此阶段学生需要巩固、扩大基础知识;形成较完整的语法知识体系,进一步提升口头和书面运用英语进行交际的能力,侧重培养阅读能...

我要回帖

更多关于 the train line 的文章

随机推荐