阅读理解afterthe ritz carltonn gilbert was a man

a man once said how useless it was to put advertise 阅读理解A man once said how useless it was to put advertisements in the newspapers."Last week,"he said,"my umbrella was stolen from a London church.As it was a present,I spent twice its worth in advertising,but didn't get it_百度作业帮
a man once said how useless it was to put advertise 阅读理解A man once said how useless it was to put advertisements in the newspapers."Last week,"he said,"my umbrella was stolen from a London church.As it was a present,I spent twice its worth in advertising,but didn't get it back." "How did you write your advertisement?" asked one of the listeners,a businessman."Here it is,"said the man,taking out of his pocket a slip cut(剪下的纸条) from a newspaper.The other man took it and read,"Lost from the City Church last Sunday evening,a black silk umbrella.Anyone who finds it will receive ten shillings(先令) on leaving it at No.10 Broad Street." "Now," the businessman said,"I often advertise,and find that it pays me well.But the way in which an advertisement is expressed(表述) is of great importance.Let us try for your umbrella again,and if it fails,I'll buy you a new one." The businessman then took a piece of paper out of his pocket and wrote:"If the man who was seen to take an umbrella from the City Church last Sunday evening doesn't wish to get into trouble,he will return the umbrella to No.10 Broad Street.He is well known." This appeared in the paper,and on the following morning,the man was surprised when he opened the front door.In the doorway lay at least twelve umbrellas of all sizes and colours that had been thrown in,and his own was among the number.Many of the umbrellas had notes(便条) which were fastened(系牢) to them saying that they had been taken by mistake,and begging the loser not to say anything about the matter.What was the result of the first advertisement?a.the man bought a new umbrellab.the loser wasted his money advertising c.no one found the umbrella d.many people wanted to get the umbrellathe merchant suggest that the man should ------a.write another and better advertisementb.report to the police c.no longer write advertisementd.learn how to write advertisementwhich of the following is right a.the merchant had a friend in the newspaper where he advertisementb.twelve umbrellas were thrown at No.5 broad streetc.some people took the umbrella by mistakesd.the man got his missing umbrella back at last
正确答案是:B& &the&loser&wasted&his&money&advertising& 失败者浪费他的钱做广告A& &write&another&and&better&advertisement& 编写另一个更好的广告D& &the&man&got&his&missing&umbrella&back&at&last&这个男人最后得到了他丢失的那一伞& & & & 从最后一段可以看出
CAD(1楼说的b是错的,因为是No.10 broad street)
CAD( In the doorway lay at least twelve umbrellas of all sizes and his own was among the number 。在门外至少有12把雨伞,而他自己的也在其中)当前位置:
>>>阅读理解。 Solomon Shereshevski was a man with an amazing me..
阅读理解。
&&& Solomon Shereshevski was a man with an amazing memory. He was one of the world's most famous me-monists (记忆能手). Born in Russia in about 1900, he spent much of his life performing memory skills that people found difficult to believe. He could memorize long lists of numbers after reading them through once, and he could then recite them forwards or back-wards. He could also remember the same numbers months later. He could easily remember lists of names, dozens of playing cards or hundreds of cities.&&&& Although he had a wonderful memory, he found some normal skills very difficult. For example, he found it difficult to learn to read. He also found it difficult to recognize patterns in words or numbers. When presented with a long list of numbers like this: 78 76 he could not see that there was a pattern. If he could see or hear a collection of numbers, he could remember it. However, this did not mean that he could understand what he was looking at. He could remember long complex mathematical formulas, but could not understand what the numbers meant.&&&& Solomon suffered from a condition known as Synaesthesia. This meant that all of his senses were connected in a special way. In other words, when he heard a particular word he also experienced a unique taste, or saw a unique color. Each word that he heard brought a particular description into his mind. Each word for him was unique, because he remembered it as a taste, a smell, a color or a sound, or all of them together.&&&& He was not a clever man except this ability and people found him rather stupid. He found it difficult to become friends with other people because his mind was so different. In a way, his memory was a curse (祸根). He remembered everything, and that made it difficult for him to understand anything.
1. We know from the first paragraph that ____.
A. all of his life, Solomon was kept busy doing memory tricksB. if Solomon read a list of numbers he could immediately remember themC. Solomon could memorize long list of numbers and found their patternsD. people thought Solomon could remember the most things in the world
2. Solomon had very powerful memory, but he _____.
A. could not read or writeB. never knew what people meant when they said to himC. could not work out some simple math problemsD. found everything he did was meaningless
3. When a person suffers from Synaesthesia, he (or she) _____.
A. senses things usually in a wrong wayB. confuses feelings with c61ors or tastesC. often connects words he (or she) hears with things he (or she) experiencedD. each word he (or she) hears changes its meaning completely
4. The author wants to express an idea that _____.
A. one cannot be good at both memorizing and understanding thingsB. some people are actually quite stupid though they seem cleverC. having a good memory does not mean having good intelligenceD. the more you can memorize, the more stupid you will certainly be
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:模拟题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解。 Solomon Shereshevski was a man with an amazing me..”主要考查你对&&日常生活类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
日常生活类阅读
日常生活类阅读的概念:
日常生活这一话题主要涉及人们衣食住行等方面的活动。这一话题的选材主要针对人们日常的工作,生活以及学习情况。做这一类题时,最主要的是要把握好人物的活动内容,时间和地点。 日常生活类阅读题答题技巧:
【题型说明】该类文章内容涉及到人们的言谈举止、生活习惯、饮食起居、服饰仪表、恋爱婚姻、消遣娱乐、节日起源、家庭生活等。文章篇幅短小,追根溯源,探索各项风俗的历史渊源,内容有趣。命题也以送分题为主,如事实细节题、语义转换题、词义猜测题和简单推理判断题等。虽然这类文章读起来感觉轻松,试题做起来比较顺手,但绝不能掉以轻心。因为稍不留神,就会丢分。   【备考提醒】为了保证较高准确率,建议同学们做好以下几点:   1、保持正常的考试心态。笔者在教学中发现,越是容易的试题,同学们越是容易失分。为什么呢?因为在这种情况下,同学们极易产生麻痹思想,认为题目好做,就不引起高度重视,于是思维不发散、不周密。而命题人就是利用同学们的这一弱点,设计陷阱题。所以,无论试题难易与否,我们都要保持正常的考试心态。试题容易,不欣喜;试题难,不悲观。   2、根据前面讲到的方法,认认真真、细细心心做好事实细节题。   3、做好语义转换题。这类题是根据英语中一词多义和某些词语在文中能表达一定的修辞意义的原则而设计的。要求同学们解释某生词的含义,确定多义词或短语在文中的意思,确认文中的某个代词所指代的对象,或者对英语中特有的表达、格言、谚语进行解释。这种题要求同学们一定要根据上下文猜测词义或理解句子,切不可望文生义。   4、做好简单推理判断题。简单推理判断题要以表面文字为前提,以具体事实为依据进行推理,做出判断。这种推理方式比较直接,只要弄清事实,即可结合常识推断出合理的结论。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解。 Solomon Shereshevski was a man with an amazing me..”考查相似的试题有:
169271362806212138386907421982358596&&&& A man was sitting in the doctor's office.He was telling the doctor about his problem."I like football,Doctor," he said."Please help me.My life has never been a good one since I became in and it is getting worse and w_百度作业帮
&&&& A man was sitting in the doctor's office.He was telling the doctor about his problem."I like football,Doctor," he said."Please help me.My life has never been a good one since I became in and it is getting worse and worse.I can't even get away from it in my sleep.As soon as I close my eyes,I'm out there on the football field and running after a flying ball.When I wake up,I'm more tired than I was when I went to bed.What am I going todo?" &&&&The doctor sat back and said,"First of all,you have to do your best not to dream about football.When you close your eyes,try to think about something else.Try to think that you are at a party andsomeone is going to give you several million dollars," &&&& "Are you crazy(疯狂的,古怪的),Doctor?"&&the&&manshouted at the doctor."I will miss my ball."
1.The man went to see the doctor because ______.&
A.there was something wrong with his heart B.the doctor was interested in football C.he wanted to get some advice about his trouble with football D.his wife was ill
2.Football makes the man's life ______.&&
A.happy&&&&&&&&&& B.interesting C.good&&&&&&&&&& D.difficult
3.The man felt more tired after he got up because ______.
A.he thought of getting several million dollars even in his sleep B.he thought of football even in his sleep C.he watched a football match on TV too late at night D.he ran after the flying balls before he went to bed
4.The doctor told the man ______.&
A.not to think of football when he went to sleep B.not to close his eyes when he was lying in bed C.to be a rich man with several million dollars D.not to dream in his sleep
5.The best title for this story is ______.&
A.Crazy Doctor B.Flying Football C.Exciting Football D.A Man Crazy About Football
1-5&& CDBAD

我要回帖

更多关于 gilbert综合征 的文章

随机推荐