Starting from USD101.00 per person twin peakssharing

Windows 8 Plans Leaked: Numerous Details Revealed | MSFTKitchen
A big thanks to
for the heads-up! Over the weekend, the Italian Windows site “Windowsette”
some super secret squirrel Microsoft presentations apparently laying around on the internet somewhere. I took a look through every single one of these, slide-by-slide, so I’m quite confident these are the real deal. I just feel bad for the poor sap who either leaked these or inadvertently shared these with the world. Long story short, these slide decks are chock full of internal thinking on Windows 8 — everything from customer target audiences to the Windows 8 developer market to the Windows 8 product cycle and much, much more. As a preface, I’ve taken many screen shots of relevant slides for inclusion with this article, so click on them to see their full-sized versions. I’ll elaborate on some and allow the others to explain themselves. Lastly, I’ll be updating this post as I find more contained within the slide decks. Now, without further adieu, let’s get started!
Microsoft Looks to Apple
Included in these presentations is a rather telling (but obvious) slide which shows that Microsoft is clearly paying attention to Apple while planning Windows 8. Titled, “How Apple does it: A virtuous cycle,” Microsoft has broken down Apple’s UX/Brand Loyalty cycle and cited its value. Though it’s fairly obvious, the takeaway here is that Microsoft is aiming to give Windows the very same “it just works” status that Apple’s products are known for:
Windows 8 Prototype Machine
Speaking of Apple, I think the following prototype looks like some rejected Mac prototype (i.e. I don’t like it very much — at least from this angle). The wallpaper is the old Windows 7 beta wallpaper (as you can see by the beta fish in the center of it) and there is clearly some build information on the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop. This may well be something left over from Windows 7 planning, but being included in Windows 8 planning documentation, I figured it was worth tossing in. Here’s the machine and below it, its specifications:
Windows 8 Product Cycle
The following slide isn’t too telling in and of itself, but it serves to show how Microsoft has chosen to divide its Windows 8 product cycle into 3 main phases:
Planning (from Framing to Vision): Big picture thinking, themes then scenarios, and feature identification list.
Development (from Vision to Beta): Design and build features, refine SKUs (shelf-keeping units) and value propositions, and begin sharing code.
Readiness (from Beta to GA+90): Feature complete and bug-fixing, establish and track readiness metrics, and focus on creating great Dell + Windows experiences.
Of note, these slides were apparently leaked or inadvertently released after being given to one Derek Goode at HP. Likewise, many of the discussions throughout the slides address HP, so the 3rd phase above making reference to Dell interests me. Anyway, here is the slide of note:
Windows 8: Identity Evolved
There appears to be considerable planning taking place as to how a user will access Windows. Right off the bat, one of my favorites is the following prototype which shows a user logging in via facial recognition! Basically, you enroll your face, then all you should have to do from that point forward is sit down, have your webcam get a look at you and then log you in based on facial recognition:
The following slide details other considerations for Windows 8 where identity is concerned. Namely, user accounts will still be the primary method of accessing Windows for individuals, fast user switching is a continued focus, and most notably, Windows accounts could be connected to the cloud which would allow for roaming settings/preferences between PCs and devices and PCs to log on to websites on the user’s behalf — all marking an evolution of Windows identity from being machine-centric to user-centric.
Trends Shaping the Planning of Windows 8
Shaping the planning of Windows 8 are explosion of form factors (laptops, netbooks, slates, etc.), assumed connectivity (focus on software + services for end-user scenarios), collision of enterprise and personal worlds (aiming to help customers have a seamless experience across their personal and professional lies), personal content experience, and more. The following slide elaborates:
Windows 8 Consumer Target Audiences
As we see detailed in the slide below, enthusiasts and mainstream consumers are the two main consumer target audiences for Windows 8:
Windows 8 Default Business Assumptions
Windows 8 Developer Market
No surprise here that Microsoft’s addressable developer market for Windows 8 spans from hobbyist/non-professional developers to professional developers to science, technology, engineering, and math developers:
Windows 8 Differentiation Goals
As for form factors, Microsoft’s 3 main focuses for Windows 8 appear to be Slate, Laptop, and All-in-One (all detailed in slides below). Additionally, customization areas include Applications, Devices, Multimedia, Help and Support, and UI and Theming (all also detailed in slides below). One of the key takeaways here is Microsoft detailing “Slate” as a major form factor focus. This means the Windows-based Slate devices are still likely to make an appearance at some point:
Windows 8: Energy Efficiency Areas of Focus
All of the following slides are highly-detailed and quite self-explanatory, but my favorite takeaway is a newly-planned feature that combines Logoff + Hibernate to result in a new off state. It will apparently give the look and feel of boot/shutdown but will be much faster. This feature is detailed in the next set of slides, titled “Windows 8: Fast Startup:”
Windows 8: Fast Startup
These slides give great detail on the Logoff + Hibernate feature mentioned above. There isn’t a name for the feature yet as it will be exposed to the user:
Windows 8 Help and Support
Help and Support was going to be a major focus in Windows 7, but it was dropped. Now, it looks like that focus is back for Windows 8 and the aim is to help users “know with confidence how to respond and what actions to take” when an issue arises.
Windows 8 Push Button Reset
This is an interesting one. Microsoft appears to be planning functionality for a reset button that will essentially reinstall Windows while maintaining all of your personal files, applications, settings, etc. without the need for the user to back all of that stuff up. A scenario is presented in one of these slides to demonstrate how it would work.
1 – Jon notices that his Windows 8 PC is starting to perform poorly and he can’t figure out what to do. He presses the reset button and chooses to reset his Windows 8 PC.
2 – Wanting a fresh start, he chooses to reset his PC knowing that all his stuff is safe.
3 – Windows 8 automatically retains files and personalization settings, and migrates the user accounts.
4 – Windows is restored to the factor image and restarts.
5 – After restarting, Jon can launch the App Store to reinstall applications he purchased there and see a list of other applications that he had installed outside of the App Store.
Internet Explorer 9
There’s an entire slide deck dedicated to Internet Explorer 9 discussion. There isn’t much contained within that we don’t already know, but there is an announcement for the beta to take place in August 2010:
Windows 8 Introduces “Windows Store,” Microsoft’s App Store for Windows
Though Microsoft has already attempted some semblance of this with Windows Marketplace, Windows 8 will introduce “Windows Store.” Yes, it will be an application store which will allow you to purchase applications for Windows (and perhaps Microsoft mobile devices as well, such as Windows Phone, Zune HD, etc.). Microsoft has a solid foundation on this and as the slides below note, they’re anxious to bring this to fruition A.S.A.P. Detailed below are the customer experience, developer experience, and channel experience (for partners). For customers, it looks like Microsoft is interested in integrating Windows Store results into Bing’s Web and Local SERPs as well as Windows Search. For developers, there appears to be a great panel for tracking just about every metric you could want to track as a developer.
In conclusion, Microsoft defines Windows Store’s success for consumers as, “getting applications they want, that they can feel confident in, that they can use on any Windows 8 device.” Have a look as there is much more information in these slides that I did not elaborate on. Oh, and be sure to keep your eyes on
as it is mentioned in one of the slides below and is indeed currently registered (as are the .net and .org URLs).
I will continue updating this post with elaborations, clarifications, and screen shots as I continue digging through all the information, so stay tuned!
-Stephen Chapman
For those of you who aren't familiar, Ron George is one of the UX talents&
First of all, a GINORMOUS "THANK YOU!" to Mary Jo Foley for bringing to my&
NOTE: Although I've been putting this post together for the past couple of weeks, I&
Yes, another roadmap for you. This one comes from a recent Italian Windows Server presentation.&
Caveat: I've been sitting on the information contained in this post for quite a while&
One of my personal hobbies that I have the most fun with is keeping up&
First in Italian, then in English and now in Korean! Adding to my shiny collection&
It's been a minute or two since any Windows 8 news hit the wire, but&
Sabine McLain, UX and UI extraordinaire, is no stranger to working with Microsoft. She's worked&Nashik Vineyard Weekend Tour (Nashik Wine Tour)
(min 2 persons)
The Classic Nashik Wine Tour&
Vineyard Express!
From Rs. 2900/- per person (min 2 persons/twin sharing - total Rs. 5800/- for 2 persons)
One night stay (Saturday night) at
Breakfast on day of check-out
Visit of 3 vineyards –York, Sula & Zampa
tasting & winery visit
Car pick-up from hotel to vineyards & back to hotel.
Full Itinerary -
Questions?
For questions, please email us& after reading the following information: Transportation/transfers from Mumbai/Pune not included. Wine tours possible on weekdays with
arrangements.
Lunch/dinner not included in package.Extra
nights can be added at cost.
Hotels offered subject to availability, alternatives offered if
Third person travelling with atleast 2 other perons (total 3 persons, 1 double & 1 single room) - Rs. 3600/- per person Single person travelling/visiting alone (stay in single room/private car for vineyards visit) - Rs. 4700/- per person
booking online only, cannot be done over phone.&
Hotel Partner
is a refreshing weekend break alternative from the pioneers of the vineyard tours in
India since Dec 2009. The real deal - the original Nashik Wine Tour! Enjoy
the quiet, quaint and cool evening in nashik walking the rows of vines.
See how the most unadulterated and oldest beverage is made. Taste the
various wines made from these vineyards. One does not need to be into
wine to enjoy this different experience as it involves enjoying the
surroundings and the vineyards as much as tasting the wine. Besides this
Nashik wine tour, one can also extend the stay and visit other
attractions around Nashik
Tours are conducted on weekends starting Saturday. The same tours are also available on weekdays (subject to prior confirmations).Please note that the itinerary below is subject to modification by our staff & winery staff in Nashik considering local traffic conditions, opening times for tasting rooms and any events/dry days at wineries & any maintainance work undertaken at wineries.
Arrive at Nashik and check-in. Lunch (not included in package) - available at hotel
2.00pm to 7.30/8pm
Car/van pick-up at Hotel and depart for Zampa vineyards for visit and tasting.
Later proceed to Sula for winery visit and wine tasting.
After Sula winery, proceed to York winery for wine tasting.
at hotel (included) & check-out by hotel's check-out time
To keep receiving information about our weekend break and other destinations, please subscribe to our newsletter
Email :: Email address to receive offers/information on
Questions? &
AND CONDITIONS / INFORMATION
Offer is valid till 31st March 2014& (except long weekends, festive/holiday seasons, Christmas & New Year). Any other specific offers/deals will have their validity date mentioned.
offer includes one night hotel stay + breakfast, visit to
vineyards and wine tasting.
is for 2 persons sharing one double or twin room. Children requiring extra bed will be charged extra by hotel this has to be paid in cash at Hotel directly if hotel permits triple stay.
Single person pacakge price: If the single person books with min two other persons (total 3 persons travelling) - the cost is lower as the car cost is shared by group of 3. For single person travelling/visiting alone the cost shall be higher as separate car shall have to be booked for one person.
No transport to/from Mumbai or Pune is included in package. It is
expected that customers will be using their own car to reach
Nashik till Hotel.
Our car service is included only to/from hotel in Nashik to vineyards and back. The driver/car shall not wait beyond the stipulated itinerary times. Any extra waiting charges shall have to be bourne by the customer and paid in cash to the driver. Extending of the car/driver hours is only possible if all passengers in the car/van agree for the wait as cars/vans are shared service.
Itinerary: This is subject to change if the winery notifies us of changed timings or dry days. In case there is a dry day for one of the days of the weekend, we will schedue the winery visits to the other day.
Any winery visit that cannot be done due the group not keeping to time at earlier wineries won't be refunded. We urge customers to keep to the itinerary so that all the winery visits can be completed in given time. Most wineries have a cut off time for winery visit of approx 5.30pm. The wine tasting at winery is available even if the winery visits can't be done due to delay.
stay is at a business hotel in Nashik and not at vineyards.
purchase customers must must call us on
(10am-6.30pm
Mon-Fri) atleast 5 days prior to confirm their vineyard tour
dates. Black Grape Holidays will then book out their hotel stay,
wine tasting and car transfers to vineyards for the subsequent weekend and
send out the booking details on email. If you are looking to book for a specific date, please call us before you pay to check availability.
confirmation of a particular date for the tour is subject to
availability of rooms at the hotel for that date. We may offer you another hotel if our usual mentioned hotel is not available. Hotel rules and check-in/out timings will apply as per their norms. They may charge extra for early checkin or late check out which needs to be paid by the customer in cash to hotel directly.
Cancellation
- The offer is non-refundable and non-cancellable.
Postponement
after confirming the date - You can opt to postpone your vineyard
tour after you have confirmed the dates if Black Grape Holidays
is intimated by phone and email atleast 96 hours (4 days before)
the departure date. Please call back again to confirm a later
date. If you are booking within the 96 hours (4 days) window, no changes would be possible. All date changes are subject to availability of rooms at hotel. Postponement is not possible for peak season and festive periods like Diwali, Chistmas, New Year etc.
note that the tours involve wine tasting and there is no refund
if customers opt not to taste wine or are non-drinkers and just
accompanying their friends/partner.
carry proof of age with you while on the vineyard tour. Vineyards
may refuse to serve you incase you are unable to show the age
proof if questioned. Wine tasting will be only offered to persons of legal drinking age as notified by authorities. No refund will be applicable if you are refused wine tasting if underage or are unable to produce the proof of age if questioned by wineries.
visited: York, Zampa and Sula
of select products in included in the package. Tasting of
Optional or Premium or Reserve products not included.
disputes subject to jurisdiction of city of Pune only.
note that these are Nashik Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tours but
wine tasting is optional.Please do not drink and drive.
From time to time we sell event+stay packages on our webiste. Our website is merely a selling agent for such events and we do not take any responsibility for the quality or service at such events including but not limited to music, food and drinks served at the event and event content/format.
: Online via our payment gateway or if you prefer to our bank
account by cheque or netbanking.
No payment on arrival is possible at Nashik or any other weekend breaks that are sold online. We are a Pune based business.
All communication about availability of rooms is subject to rooms being available at the time of booking.
All prices in INR
ALL PHOTOS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE COPYRIGHT OF BLACK GRAPE HOLIDAYS. NO UNAUTHORISED USE IS ALLOWED.
NEW YEAR BASH @ NASHIK VINEYARD
RS. 5,555/- for couple incl. party + 1n stay
RS. 6,888/- for couple incl. party + 1n stay +& SULA and YORK winery visits+wine tasting -
Discounts for 2 bookings and more.
New year celebrations at&YORK vineyard (Nashik) for a couple. Party starts at 8.00pm ( DJ/music, unlimited food & drinks)
One night stay at Hotel Surya (Nashik). Hotel to YORK vineyard is 20 mins drive.
Breakfast - 2 adults
31 Dec 2010: Check-in/out time is 12.00/12.00. Check in at your leisure. You can
join the party anytime 8.00pm onwards. No guided service or vineyard
visits included. Only party and stay offer.
1 Jan 2011:
Breakfast and check out by 12.00.
prices only applicable for couples. Contact us for stag prices. No
transport/transfers are provided from hotel to veneue & return. We
advise customers to not repy on public transport for travelling to this
event. This package is suitable
Please call use to check for any room cancellations. Party passes are available at venue.
Alternatively you can still book our break for 1st Jan 2011 or other weekends -
Price/couple
Rs.5,555.00
Rs.5,417.00
Rs.5,278.00
South East Asia
Middle East
Weekend Breaks
Newsletter
Email :: Email address to receive offers/information on
Shopping Cart
Your Cart is currently empty.