&&&&就行在庄严的人生大海,
&&&&船只沉没了,绝望的时候,
&&&&会看到这脚印而振作起来。
&&&&那么,让我们起来干吧,
&&&&对任何命运抱英雄气概;
&&&&不断地进取,不断地追求,
&&&&要学会劳动,学会等待。
已投稿到:
以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口当前位置: &
wadsworth是什么意思
中文翻译华兹伍斯沃兹沃思
例句与用法1.How much do you know about the work of henry wadsworth longfellow你对亨利?瓦兹沃斯?朗费罗的工作知道多少? 2.How much do you know about the works of henry wadsworth longfellow有关亨利?沃兹沃思?朗费罗的作品你知道多少? 3.Art is long , and time is fleeting . ( henry wadsworth longfellow )“艺术无尽,而人生有涯” (亨利?沃兹华斯?朗费罗) 。 4.“ again the young friends gave way to their mirth ” ( henry wadsworth longfellow )“年轻的朋友们又一次欢笑起来” (亨利?华兹渥斯?朗费罗) 。 5.The nations oldest public art museum , the wadsworth athenaeum , was founded in 1844建于1844年的wadsworth athenaeum是美国最古老的艺术博物馆。 6.With a sudden revulsion his heart recoiled from its purpose ( henry wadsworth longfellow因为突然的变化,他放弃了它的目的(亨利?华兹伍兹?朗费罗) 。 7.Henry wadsworth longfellow once wrote , all of us are architects of fate , living in these walls of time亨利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗曾经写道,我们都是命运的建筑师,构筑着时代之墙。 8.“ when kavanagh was present , alice was happy , cecelia , joyous and natural ” ( henry wadsworth longfellow )“当卡瓦纳出现时,爱丽斯很高兴但有点窘迫;切切里,快乐而自然” (亨利?沃兹沃斯?朗费罗) 。 9.We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing , while others judge us by what we have already done . - - - henry wadsworth longfellow判断标准不一样,我们要学会换位思考,才有可能真正做到希腊古人说的“认识你自己” 。 10.Henry wadsworth longfellow wrote , all are architects of fate . so look not mournfully into the past . it comes not back again亨利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗曾经写道,我们都是命运的建筑师。所以不要总是抱憾过去。过去的将一去不复返。 &&更多例句:&&1&&
相邻词汇热门词汇Literary Giant: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
& 今天是:&&& 欢迎您光临[3edu教育网]!本站资源完全免费,无须注册,您最希望得到的,正是我们最乐于献上的。
◆您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&论文正文
Literary Giant: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Literary Giant: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Literary Giant: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow In 1854, he resigned from Harvard and with a great sense of freedom gave himself entirely to the joyous task of his own poetic writing. In June of that year, he began 'The Song of Hiawatha'.
Henry Schoolcraft's book on Indians and several meetings with an Ojibway chief provided the background for 'Hiawatha'. The long poem begins with Gitche Matino, the Great Spirit, commanding his people to live in peace and tells how Hiawatha is born. It ends with the coming of the white man and Hiawatha's death.
The publication of 'Hiawatha' caused the greatest excitement. For the first time in American literature, Indian themes gained recognition as sources of imagination, power, and originality. The appeal of 'Hiawatha' for generations of children and young people gives it an enduring place in world literature.
The gracious tale of John Alden and Priscilla came next to the poet's mind, and 'The Courtship of Miles Standish' was published in 1858. It is a work which reflects the ease with which he wrote and the pleasure and enjoyment he derived from his skill. Twenty-five thousand copies were sold during the first week of its publication, and 10,000 were ordered in London on the first day of publication.
In 1861, the happy life of the family came to an end. Longfellow's wife died of burns she received when packages of her children's curls, which she was sealing with matches and wax, burst into flame. Longfellow faced the bitterest tragedy of his life. He found some solace in the task of translating Dante into English and went to Europe for a change of scene.
The years following were filled with honors. He was given honorary degrees at the great universities of Oxford and Cambridge, invited to Windsor by Queen Victoria, and called by request upon the Prince of Wales. He was chosen a member of the Russian Academy of Sciences and of the Spanish Academy.
When it became necessary to remove "the spreading chestnut tree" of Brattle Street, which Longfellow had written about in his 'Village Blacksmith', the children of Cambridge gave their pennies to build a chair out of the tree and gave it to Longfellow. He died on March 24, 1882. "Of all the suns of the New England morning," says Van Wyck Brooks, "he was the largest in his golden sweetness."
While Poe was exploring the unhappy poetry of HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW () directly to the hearts of ordinary Americans. Part of his pop came from saying ― and saying beautifully ― Americans wanted to hear. As if to answer Poe, he recommits active, healthy life:
Life is real! Life is earnest
& And the grave is not its goal. .
In poems like A Psalm of Life (1838), he expresses the hard optimistic philosophy of his countrymen:
Not enjoyment, and not sorrow,
Is our destined-^
But to act, that each tomorrow
Find us farther than today.
He encourages idealism. The metaphor is that of a young man climbing a mountain in the Alps. A terrible storm is coming but this does not stop him. When a beautiful maiden invites him to rest with her, he does not stop, but climbs higher:
A tear stood in his bright blue eye, but still he answered, with a sigh, Excelsior Climb higher
Few people today can enjoy this sort of sentimentalism. It is more funny, now, than inspiring4. But when he turns to American history, he makes it sound so exciting that it is hard to resist him: "Listen, my children, and you shall hear / of the midnight ride of Paul Revere." {Paul Reverie’s Ride, 1861} His great ballads5 were Evangeline (1847), The Song of Hiawatha (1855) and The Courtship of Miles Standish (1858). In these, he borrowed (or invented) legends of Colonial times and made them into popular stories known to all Americans. His language is always simple and easy to understand. He could change his rhythms with ease_to fit his subject exactly. When picturing a riding horseman like Paul Revere, the meters gallop like a running horse. In the beginning of Evangeline, he describes the setting in a slow-paced, six-beat measure. This prepares us for the tragic love story he is about to tell:
This is the forest primeval^ the murmuring"
Pines and the hemlocks, Bearded with moss, and in garments green,
Indistinct in the twilight"
Longfellow turned to more religious themes later The Tide Rises, The Tide Falls (1879), he describes life. It is like a traveler who walks along seashore the distance. The water covers his footsteps and \Juice Washington Irving, Longfellow took mo other writers. Still, the modern complaint that original about his work is not completely fail mastered several European languages and creative found in German, Dutch, Finnish and other an more serious problem is pointed out in Emerson this poet: "I have always one foremost satisfactory books - that I am safe." Longfellow never surprise new truths. With his calm and clear voice, he pr simple dreams of average humanity". They were dreams and ideals of nineteenth-century America.
Longfellow was the most famous member of Boston writers called the "Brahmins". Most B rich, old Boston families. Although they look "excellence" and often copied English literary sty Boston "the thinking center of the [American] con the planet". Their "Saturday Club" met one S dinner. Gathered together were "most of the educated foreigners wished to see". (An Outline of American Literature pp.59-61)
&&&[2]& 《Literary Giant: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow》一文由3edu教育网www.3edu.net摘录,版权归作者所有,转载请注明出处!
【温馨提示】3edu教育网所有资源完全免费,仅供学习和研究使用,版权和著作权归原作者所有,如损害了您的权益,请与站长联系修正。
上一篇论文: 下一篇论文:英语翻译by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow When I compare,What I have lost with what I have gained,What I have missed with what attained,Little room do I find for pride.I am aware ,How many days
How like an arrow the good intent,Has fallen short or been turne_百度作业帮
英语翻译by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow When I compare,What I have lost with what I have gained,What I have missed with what attained,Little room do I find for pride.I am aware ,How many days
How like an arrow the good intent,Has fallen short or been turned aside.But who shall dare,To measure loss and gain in this wise?Defeat may be The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide.
当我比较后,我已经失去我的经验,我丢掉了曾经获得的拥有,在小房间里我寻找着骄傲.我知道,有多少天就这样被荒废掉了,像箭良好的意图如何,一直未曾折断或搁置.但是,谁又敢于,去衡量损失,并在这明智的增益?失败可能是变相的胜利,最低潮的局势是急转直下的激流.
经过亨利Wadsworth Longfellow当我把我已经失去的和什么比较的时候,我已经获得我已经用我为骄傲找到什么样的达到,小房间社交聚会错过的.我是了解多少几天已经被漫无目的地度过;怎样像一支箭好意图已经缺乏或者被到旁边变成.但是谁将去敢于测量丢失和获得在朝派这个聪明吗?失败可以是胜利在朝派伪装;最低退潮是涨潮....
以亨利沃兹沃思我比较什么时候的朗费罗,我有我获得丢失,我错过取得什么,我适合骄傲发现小空间。我知道,天已经被空闲花费多少;怎样喜欢箭这好目的,缺乏或者被转到一边。但是谁将敢,测量损失并且这样获得?失败可能化装是胜利;低潮是潮的变化。...
您可能关注的推广回答者:

我要回帖

更多关于 times have changed 的文章

随机推荐