thanksgiving in the united states patent课文中有几个短语

英语翻译In the United States.the Christmas season lasts from Thanksgiving through the beginning of January.Christmas Day itself,celebrating the day that Jesus Christ was born,is on December 25.Christmas decorationsIn the weeks before Christmas,pe_百度作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
英语翻译In the United States.the Christmas season lasts from Thanksgiving through the beginning of January.Christmas Day itself,celebrating the day that Jesus Christ was born,is on December 25.Christmas decorationsIn the weeks before Christmas,pe
英语翻译In the United States.the Christmas season lasts from Thanksgiving through the beginning of January.Christmas Day itself,celebrating the day that Jesus Christ was born,is on December 25.Christmas decorationsIn the weeks before Christmas,people decorate their homes.Green,red silver,and gold are traditional colors.Another common tradition is to have a Christmas tree in the home.These trees are decorated with small colored lights and other decorations .Many people put a star or the figure of an angel at the top of the tree.Christmas cardsAt this time of year,people send Christmas cards to friends and family.These cards show typical Christmas pictures and inside the card there is usually a message such as "Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" or "Season's Greetings".Christmas giftsAnother important Christmas tradition is giving gifts to family members and friends.Young children wake up on Christmas morning hoping to find the toys that Santa Claus left for them early during the night.Christmas musicMusic is an important part of Christmas.People sing traditional Christmas songs such as"Silent Night" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and also popular songs like "White Christmas".
在美国,圣诞季节从感恩节持续到1月初.圣诞节是庆祝耶稣基督诞生的日子——12月25日.圣诞装饰品在圣诞节前几周,人们用传统的颜色绿色、银红色,和金黄色装饰他们的房子.另一个常见的传统是家里的圣诞树.这些树装饰着小彩灯和其他装饰品.许多人把明星或天使的图放在树的顶部.圣诞贺卡在每年的这个时候,人们寄圣诞卡给朋友和家人.这些卡片用典型的圣诞图片做成和卡片通常有祝贺内容,如“祝你圣诞快乐和新年快乐”或“节日的问候”.圣诞礼物另一个重要的圣诞节传统是给家人和朋友礼物.年幼的孩子在圣诞节早上醒来时希望能找到圣诞老人前一天夜里留给他们的玩具.圣诞音乐音乐是圣诞节的重要组成部分.人们唱传统的圣诞歌曲如“平安夜”和“小城伯利恒”,也唱流行歌曲如“白色圣诞节”.
在美国,圣诞季节是从感恩节到一月初。圣诞节那天,庆祝耶稣基督出世的那天,是十二月二十五日<span left-pos="184|1" right-pos="184|1" space="1|" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: line-heigh...
在美国,圣诞季节是从感恩节到一月初。圣诞节那天,庆祝耶稣基督出世的那一天,是十二月二十五日。圣诞decorationsin圣诞节的前一周,人们装饰他们的家。银绿色,红色,和黄金是传统色彩。另一个共同的传统是在家圣诞树。这种树用小彩灯和装饰品等。许多人把一颗或天使的身影在树的顶端。圣诞cardsat每年的这个时候,人们送圣诞贺卡给朋友和家人。这些卡片显示典型的圣诞照片和卡片通常有一个消息如&quot...
在美国,圣诞季节是从感恩节到一月初。圣诞节那天,庆祝耶稣基督出世的那天,是十二月二十五日。圣诞装饰品在圣诞节的前一周,人们装饰他们的家。银绿色,红色,和黄金是传统色彩。另一个共同的传统是家里有一棵圣诞树。这种树是用小彩灯和装饰品等。许多人把一颗或天使的身影在树的顶端。圣诞卡在每年的这个时候,人们送圣诞贺卡给朋友和家人。这些卡片显示典型的圣诞照片和卡片通常有一...答案:B;B;C;B;D
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
阅读下面短文, 掌握其大意, 然后1 ̄25各题所给的四个选项中, 选出一个最佳
  &&& In 1962, A Russian woman told her doctor that she could see with  
her fingers. 1 the doctor did not believe it 2 he saw with his own  
eyes. The doctor 3 her eyes with a large handkerchief and then put  
colored papers 4 newspapers under her hands. She was able to 5 one  
color from 6 and read the newspaper by 7 and feeling them. The doctor  
examined her many
times and was 8 with the examination, so he sent 9  
to Moscow, in which she was further examined by 10. Her unusual powers,  
in the end, were 11.
   &&& The early 12 into these unusual powers has shown that 13 man  
trusts only his eyes he will 14 be able to see outside the limits of  
time and into the 15.
  A.&Easily  
  B.&Certainly  
  C.&So  
  D.&Sometimes  &&
  [  ]
  A.&after  &
  B.&when    &
  C.&until  
  D.&since  &&&
  [  ]
  A.&opened  
  B.&hid    &&
  C.&closed&&&
  D.&covered  &
  [  ]
  A.&but  &&&
  B.&and    &&
  C.&or  &&&
  D.&also    
  [  ]
  A.&see  &&&
  B.&guess    
  C.&tell  &
  D.&think  &&&
  [  ]
  A.&those  &
  B.&that    &
  C.&other  
  D.&another  &
  [  ]
  A.&seeing  
  B.&singing  &&
  C.&touching&
  D.&checking  
  [  ]
  A.&satisfied&
  B.&strict  &&&
  C.&busy  &
  D.&very&careful&&&
  [  ]
  A.&him  &&&
  B.&them    &
  C.&her  &&
  D.&it    &&
  [  ]
  A.&nurses
  B.&scientists
  C.&blind&people
  D.&good&teachers
  [  ]
  A.&examined  
  B.&believed  
  C.&known  &&&
  D.&true&&&
  [  ]
  A.&lesson  &&
  B.&examination&&
  C.&newspapers&&
  D.&research&
  [  ]
  A.&if&&&
  B.&whether  
  C.&because  &&&
  D.&after    
  [  ]
  A.&hardly&&&
  B.&not  
  C.&certainly  &
  D.&easily  &&&
  [  ]
  A.&space  
  B.&world  &
  C.&future  &
  D.&earth    
  [  ]
(W=P=policeman)
W: Excuse me.
I want to buy an English dictionary for my daughter.  
could you tell me 16 to get it?
P: I think you can get it from
the book shop in the center  
of the 17. There are all kinds of dictionaries there.
W: Thanks. But I don't know the way to the book shop. This is my 18  
time to come here.
P: Oh, welcome to our city, madam. The book shop is a bit far from  
here. I think it's 19 to go there by bus. The No. 4 bus will take you  
there. The bus stop is just on the other side of the street.
W: But I want to 20 the city while I'm walking.
P: OK! Go up the road and turn right at the second 21, walk on until  
you reach a big bridge. Go across it and take the first turning on  
the left. Walk 22 the
road with some flowers and trees on 23 sides. At
the end of the road you'll find the book shop on your right, 24 the  
museum and the Bank of China. You can't miss it.
W: Oh, it's really a long 25, But it doesn't matter. I like walking.  
It's very kind of you, young man. Thanks a lot.
P: You're welcome.
  A.&what  
  B.&where  
  C.&when  
  D.&which      &
  [  ]
  A.&shop  
  B.&village&&
  C.&city  
  D.&village    &&&
  [  ]
  A.&first&&&
  B.&second&&&
  C.&third&&&
  D.&fourth      
  [  ]
  A.&best  
  B.&better&&&
  C.&well  
  D.&good      &&
  [  ]
  A.&look  
  B.&visit  
  C.&watch&&&
  D.&travel      
  [  ]
  A.&turning&&
  B.&crossing&&&
  C.&lights  
  D.&cross    
  [  ]
  A.&on  &&
  B.&slowly  
  C.&along  &
  D.&alone    &&
  [  ]
  A.&all  &
  B.&both  &&
  C.&each  &&
  D.&every    &&
  [  ]
  A.&between&
  B.&among  &
  C.&inside  
  D.&beside    &
  [  ]
  A.&road  
  B.&street  
  C.&way  
  D.&path      &&
  [  ]
阅读下列短文,掌握其大意,然后从1-25各题所给的四个选项中,选出一个最佳答案
   Nancy Johnson was a good friend with all the boys and girls in her class. She had a nice face and __1__ eyes. She spoke __2__ than the other girls, but she __3__ basket-ball better than most of them. Nancy __4__ everything at school, and she never thought she was __5__ from the other pupils __6__ she was a Negro girl.
 Miss Dietrich, Nancy's __7__ teacher, taught her drawing. She taught Nancy __8__ take an idea and make a __9__ out of it.
“Your picture must be your idea, a part of __10__
,” Miss Dietrich said. She __11__ Nancy that it is __12__ to draw a good picture.
“Your picture must not __13__ look
nice,” Miss Dietrich said. “You must work at it __14__ the picture begins to live, until it is not __15__ any other picture in the
   Nancy __16__ Miss Dietrich, and she was always happy when she began to __17__ a new idea, Nancy had a secret that only Miss Dietrich __18__. She wanted to go to the City Art School when she finished __19__. She knew, of course, that __20__ didn't have enough money to __21__ her there. But every year there was a schoolchildren's __22__ competition at the Art School. The __23__ could go to the school and did not __24__ to pay for the first year. Miss Dietrich and Nancy wanted to sent Nancy's __25__ pictures to the Art School competition.
B. beautiful
C. likely
D. straight
C. louder
D. slower
played the&
C. enjoyed
D. played
D. attended
B. clever
C. welcome
D. different
condition that
D. because
D. favourite
B. lesson
C. picture
B. picture
C. warned
D. taught
B. necessary
C. difficult
D. necessarily
C. unless
B. understood
C. depended
D. learnt
C. consider
D. wonder
B. school
C. drawing
D. graduation
B. afford
B. famous
C. favourite
D. largest
  Music is now heard everywhere,in shops and buses and
at home.The word “music”comes from the Greek  1 “muse”.The muses were
goddesses(女神)of arts.Music is only one of the
arts.It is  2 the spoken language,but uses  3 differently.One can usually find
out  4 music says what people feel.American popular music,  5 ,is about not
only in the USA,but in all other  8 .
  American  9 music has many origins(由来)in the USA.Country music,  10 the
countryside in the southern United States,is one of them.It is about day to day situations
and the  11 of country people.Many people love this music  12 the strong
feelings expressed by country music songs.
&  A  13 origin of American popular music is the
blues.It described mostly  14 feelings about the difficult  15 of American
blacks.It is  16 played and sung by musicians,but it is  17 with all
Americans.
  Rock music is a  18 form of music.This music was
influenced(受影响)by the  19 and
country music.  20 performers of popular rock music are young musicians.
  American popular music has become big  21 .It
is one of America’s most  22 exports(出口)today.It
is played everywhere in the world and enjoyed by people of all  23 in all
countries.New popular songs are heard on TV or over the radio every day and some songs
become popular all over the world.People hear these songs  24 in English or
sometimes translated into other languages.The words may be  25 but the enjoyment of
the music is universal(一致的).
  [  ]
  A.dictionary
  B.history
  C.songs
  D.work
  [  ]
  A.for
  B.like
  C.the same as
  D.different form
  [  ]
  A.equipment
  B.subjects
  C.sounds
  D.words
  [  ]
  A.how
  B.when
  C.why
  D.whether
  [  ]
  A.however
  B.for example
  C.also
  D.instead
  [  ]
  A.common
  B.ordinary
  C.easy
  D.liked
  [  ]
  A.children
  B.young man
  C.peple
  D.musicians
  [  ]
  A.records
  B.programmes
  C.the open air
  D.countries
  [  ]
  A.old
  B.country
  C.popular
  D.serious
  [  ]
  A.written for
  B.only sung in
  C.coming from
  D.returning to
  [  ]
  A.love
  B.feelings
  C.anger
  D.beauty
  [  ]
  A.instead of
  B.because of
  C.thanks to
  D.with
  [  ]
  A.first
  B.second
  C.gentle
  D.famous
  [  ]
  A.sad
  B.happy
  C.strange
  D.friendly
  [  ]
  A.conditions
  B.work
  C.lives
  D.days
  [  ]
  A.always
  B.usually
  C.seldom
  D.never
  [  ]
  A.pleased
  B.busy
  C.mixed
  D.poular
  [  ]
  A.usual
  B.old
  C.newer
  D.shorter
  [  ]
  A.old
  B.blues
  C.blacks
  D.popular
  [  ]
  A.Many
  B.All
  C.Few
  [  ]
  A.society
  B.broadcast
  C.companies
  D.business
  [  ]
  A.beautiful
  B.important
  C.necessary
  D.expensive
  [  ]
  A.ages
  B.buildings
  C.cities
  D.departments
  [  ]
  A.given
  B.rend
  C.spoken
  D.sung
  [  ]
  A.unusual
  B.difficult
  C.different
  D.successful
four famous rock stars were due to arrive at any moment and a large crowd of
young people had gathered at the airport to welcome them. The police found it
difficult to keep the crowd under&
1& after the plane
landed and the performers appeared. They smiled and waved& 2&
at everybody. Dressed in pink shirts and light blue trousers, and
with their long hair and their musical instruments& 3& their
shoulders, the four young men looked very much& 4& .
spite of the large number of policemen&
5& ,it was clear that
the group would not be able to get to their waiting car& 6&
. Word had got out that they had written a new song which would be& 7&
when they performed at the grand hall that evening. They were now &&8& with cries of Play
something! Play your new song!
the police looked& 9& when the young men unfolded their
instruments and prepared to do one of their numbers as the &&10& for getting out of the airport. The crowd settled down
and listened to the first&
11& of the new song. As
soon as it was over, there was a great burst of applause and then everyone
started& 12& and shouting like crazy. Several
young women fainted and had to be carried away by the& 13& unit which was standing by. Greedy for more, the crowd& 14& a repeat performance. Once again the performers gave in,
but when the crowd requested still another song, the group cheerfully but
firmly& 15& . Now, closely surrounded by the
police, they put away their&
16& and started towards
their car which was some distance away. The crowd pushed forward, but the
policemen,& 17& arm in arm, prevented anyone from
getting through. It took the singers a long time to reach their& 18& . Finally, however, they got in and were just about to
drive away when a young woman, who had somehow& 19& to get
past the police, jumped onto the roof of the car. She shouted loudly as two
policemen& 20& her away and the car began moving
slowly through the cheering crowd.
1. A. control                  & B.
C. rule                       D.
2. A. straight                  & B.
cheerfully
C. seriously                  & D.
3. A. behind                  && B.
C. across                     D.
4. A. ashamed                &&& B.
C. alike                    &&& D.
5. A. present                  & B.
C. pleasant                  && D.
6. A. happily              && &&& B. cheaply
C. properly                  & D.
7. A. received                   B.
C. known                  &&& D.
8. A. screamed                && B.
C. addressed                &&& D.
9. A. surprised                && B.
C. worried                  && D.
10. A. excuse                   B.
C. price                       D.
11. A. scene                  && B.
performance
C. sound                    & D.
12. A. jumping                && B.
C. singing                  &&& D.
13. A. fire                    & B.
C. club                    & B.
14. A. made  &&& B.
C. demanded                & D.
15. A. accepted                & B.
C. refused                  & D.
16. A. shirts                  && B.
instruments
C. luggage                  & D.
17. A. stood                  && B.
C. looked                  && D.
18. A. hotel                  &&& B.
C. top                    &&& D.
19. A. managed                & B.
C. planned                  & D.
20. A. dragged                && B.
C. shot                    & D.
  It must have been after two o'clock in the morning when the last guests took their ___1___, and although we had enjoyed their arrival, my wife and I were quite___2___to shut the door behind them. We left all the dirty dishes and glasses___3___they were, and, after opening a few windows to let some fresh air in and the___4___of stale(陈旧的)tobacco out, we climbed into bed and fell___5___.
  I couldn't have been asleep for more than half an hour___6___I woke up with a___7___smell of smoke in my nose. Still half asleep, I walked into the hall, and there, ___8___dense clouds of smoke, I saw that one of the curtains was ___9___ I should have closed the windows then ___10___ delay, but ___11___ I tried to beat out the flames(火焰)with a newspaper. When this failed I___12___into the kitchen to grab a bucket and filled it ___13___ water. At the ___14___ time I shouted to Barbara, who hurriedly dialed 119 to ask the fire brigade(消防员)___15___ coming to my help. We had to work at ___16___ speed carrying buckets of water from the kitchen to prevent the flames fanned by the wind from the windows ___17___ spreading. We were unable to ___18___ the fire but we ___19___ to keep it partly in check until the arrival of the firemen. Fortunately, they arrived quickly and they had little difficulty ___20___ putting out the flames. For most of the rest of the day we worked hard.  
(2)Athanks
Bsleepless
(8)Athrough
(16)Aheight
(19)Afailed
DsucceededThanksgiving by No.3_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者
评价文档:
暂无相关推荐文档
Thanksgiving by No.3
T&#8203;h&#8203;a&#8203;n&#8203;k&#8203;s&#8203;g&#8203;i&#8203;v&#8203;i&#8203;n&#8203;g&#8203; &#8203;b&#8203;y&#8203; &#8203;N&#8203;o&#8203;.&#8203;3
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:4.59MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢Black Friday in United States
City / Country