big gay ice icecream是什么意思思

Big Gay Ice Cream Shop
Big Gay Ice Cream Shop
Share this listing
Official Website
HoursMon-Sun, 12pm-12am
Nearby Subway Stops1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
Prices$3-$7
Payment MethodsAmerican Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Special Features
Great Desserts Take-Out Reservations Not Required Catering
No Alcohol
[an error occurred while processing this directive]Now Open: The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck
The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Photo: Raphael Brion / Eat Me Daily
Today marked the opening of The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck, the latest entry in New York City's food truck scene. With prime location near the bandstand at
in Prospect Park in Brooklyn, 's owners Doug Quint and Bryan Petroff were serving up Mr. Softee-style soft-serve, in chocolate and vanilla flavors with standard toppings like sprinkles. What sets them apart, however, is the great branding and the inventive premium toppings, like Trix cereal.
Vanilla on a cone with Trix topping.
Photo: Raphael Brion / Eat Me Daily
Cones and cups are $4, with an additional $1 for premium toppings that included:
Trix cereal: "They're not just for kids!"
Fresh blueberries: with or without Saba, a thickened sweet Balsamic
Organic Vermont maple syrup: from the Coombs Family Farms and Brad's Organic, both in Grade B
Dulce de Leche
and Cayenne pepper: "to spice up your chocolate"
In the near future, they plan on rolling out other toppings, including the ever-trendy bacon, Nutella, olive oil and sea salt, and ground wasabi peas.
Doug Quint and the Trix-topped soft-serve.
Doug Quint
Serious Eats "Let's face it, ice cream trucks are kind of queer, and a middle-aged white man driving one is pretty suspect... That's not to say that I'm a rolling hotbed of perversion. Hardly the case. It's all in the name of silly."
Quint, a bassoonist, was helped out by Andrea Fisher, a hip-hop flutist, herself a food truck vendor who was
in The New York Times back in 2007. Logo design is by .
emblazoned with the logo (including "husband-beaters") and tracking sightings of the shirts across the country on their . From pre-opening buzz alone, they've already been asked to appear at events and weddings.
Look for the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck in the West Village and Chelsea, especially late nights around bars and nightclubs.
And like any good food truck, they're on Twitter () so you can track their location and daily toppings.
The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck's Big Banner.
[Ed note: We'd be remiss not to mention the naming is likely inspired by the South Park episode .]
—Raphael Brion
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
Choice, guilt, and professional cooking.
Thank God, the Tiki Bar Is open.
With extra salt, light on the butter, or au naturel.
Hand-drawn illustrations and super-saturated photographs.
Loved by soccer moms and stoners alike.
Video clips from the film.
Fish, meet barrel.
EMD picks the books that made the decade.
Nothing says "I'm serious about what I put in my mouth" more...
Two grandmas, one waffle cone.

我要回帖

更多关于 full cream是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐