I less in the hotel forgala dinnerr 这句话语法对吗?

请选择年级七年级八年级九年级请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:初中英语
来源:学年江苏省吴江市青云中学初一下学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
Henry was a carpenter(木匠)of our village. Once I asked him to make a dining table for my wife. He made it just the right size to fill the space between the two windows. When I arrived home that evening, Henry was drinking a cup of tea and writing out his bill for his work.. My wife said to me, quietly,“That’s his ninth cup of tea today.” But she said loudly, "It's a beautiful table,dear,isn't it?" "I won't decide about that until I see that bill.” I said.
Henry laughed and gave me his bill for the work. It said:
One dining table June 10,1995
Cost of wood 17.00
Paint(油漆) 1.50
Work,8 hours(1 an hour) 8.00
Total(总计) 36.50
When I was looking at the bill,Henry said,"It’s been a fine day,hasn’t it?” “ Quite sunny.” "Yes,”I said. "I’m glad it is only the 10th of June.” "Me too,” said Henry, "You wait--it'll be a bit hotter by the end of the month.” "Yes. Hotter--and more expensive. Dining tables will be 20 more expensive on June 30th,won't they,Henry?”
Henry looked hard at me for half a minute. There was a little smile in his two blue eyes. I gave his bill back to him. "If it isn't too much trouble,Henry,”I said,"Please add it up again. You can forget the date.”I paid him 26. 50 and he was happy to get it. 【小题1】Why did Henry talk about weather when the writer was looking at the bill? A.Because it was a fine day indeed, B.Because he wanted the writer to look at the bill carefully. C.Because he wanted to tell the writer what the weather was like. D.Because he didn't want the writer to go through the bill carefully.【小题2】Why did the writer say that dining tables would be 20 more expensive by the end of June?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.Because he thought Henry would almost certainly add the date to the cost of the dining table. B.Because it was difficult to make dining tables in hot weather. C.Because paint would be more expensive. D.Because the cost of wood would be more expensive.【小题3】The writer thought Henry would ask for______if he made a dining table on the last day of June.A.26.50 B.56. 50 C.46.50 D.20.00
来源:2014届江苏省泰州市八年级下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
Henry was an office worker in a big city. He worked very
hard and enjoyed traveling in his &holidays. He usually went to the
seaside, but one year he saw an advertisement in a newspaper.
“Enjoy country life. Spend a few weeks at west hill
farm. good food., fresh air, horse riding,Walking,fishing, cheap and interesting.”
“This sounds a good idea,” He thought. “I’ll spend a
month at west hill farm. I think I can enjoy horse riding, walking and fishing.
They’ll make a change from sitting by the seaside and swimming.” He wrote to
the farmer. In the letter he said that he would like to spend all of July
there. Then on the first of July, he left for west hill farm.But four days
later, he returned home.
“What was wrong with west hill farm?” His best friend,
Ed, asked him. “Didn’t you enjoy country life?”
“Country life was very good,” Henry said. “But there
was another problem.”
“Oh. what?”
“Well,” he said, “The first day I was there a sheep
died, and we had roast mutton for dinner.”
“What's wrong with that?” Ed asked. “Fresh meat is the
best.”
“I know, but on the second day a cow died, and we had
roast beef for dinner.”
“Lucky you!”
“You don't understand,” Henry said. “On the third day
a pig died and we had roast pork for dinner.”
“A different meat every day,” Ed said loudly, “ And
you are complaining!”
“Let me finish,” Henry said. “On the fourth day the
farmer died, and i didn't dare (敢)&&stay
for dinner!”
1.How did henry find out about the farm?
A.He saw it in
a newspaper advertisement.
B.His best
friend told him.
C.He wrote to
the farmer.
D.Maybe he
learned it from the radio.
2.Henry came back home several days later because
________.
A.He didn't
like the country life at all
B.The farmer
wasn’t friendly to him
C.His holiday
was over
D.He thought he
might have to eat the farmer
3.“…and you are complaining!”, the word “complain”
means ______.
A.夸奖&&&&&&&&&&&& B.解释&&&&&&&&&&&& C.抱怨&&&&&&&&&&&& D.故弄玄虚
4.Which of the following sentences is true?
A.Ed could eat
a different kind of meat every day.
B.Henry thought
he could enjoy a change.
C.Henry
couldn't think of anything else to do, so he went to the farm.
D.The farmer
died because of the bad meat he ate.
5.Which is the best title for the passage?
A.What a
beautiful farm!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Have a good
time.
C.A short
holiday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Henry and the
farmer.
来源:2012年外研版初中英语九年级下Module 6 练习卷(解析版)
Henry was a carpenter(木匠)of our village. Once I asked
him to make a dining table for my wife. He made it just the right size to fill
the space between the two windows. When I arrived home that evening, Henry was
drinking a cup of tea and writing out his bill for his work.。
My wife said to me,quietly , “ That’s his ninth
cup of tea today . ” But she said loudly, “It’s a beautiful table,dear,isn’t it?”
“I won’t decide about that until I see that
bill.” I said.
Henry laughed and gave me his bill for the
work. It said:
BILL One dining table June 10 , 1995Cost of
wood 17.00Paint(油漆)1.50Work,8 hours(1 an hour) 8.00Total(总计)36.50
When I was looking at the bill , Henry said
, “it’s been a fine day,hasn’t it? Quite sunny.”
“Yes , ” I said. “I’m glad it is only the
10th of June.”
“Me too,” , said Henry. “You wait一it’ll be a bit hotter by the
end of the month.”
“Yes. Hotter一and more expensive. Dining tables will be 20 more
expensive on June 30th , won’t they , Henry?”
Henry looked hard at me for half a minute.
There was a little smile in his two blue eyes. I gave his bill back to him.
“If it isn’t too much trouble , Henry , ” I
said , “ Please add it up again. You can forget the date.”
I paid him 26. 50 and he was happy to get
it.
1.Why did Henry talk about weather when the
writer was looking at the bill?
A.Because it was a fine day indeed,
B.Because he wanted the writer to look at the bill carefully.
C.Because he wanted to tell the writer what the weather was like.
D.Because he didn’t want the writer to go through the bill carefully.
2. Why did the writer say that dining
tables would be 20 more expensive by the end of June?
A.Because he thought Henry would almost certainly add the date to
the cost of the dining table.
B.Because it was difficult to make dining tables in hot weather.
C.Because paint would be more expensive.
D.Because the cost of wood would be more expensive.
3. The writer thought Henry would ask for
______ if he made a dining table on the last day of June.
4. When the writer gave him the money,Henry was happy because_______
A.he got the money easily
B.be didn’t have to add up the cost again
C.he got what he should get for his work
D.he got much money for his work
5. From the story we know that_______ .
A.Henry had written out the bill before the writer got home
B.Henry still wanted to get 36. 50 for his work in the end
C.Henry made a mistake in the bill
D.Henry tried to get more money for his work
来源:2012年人教版初中英语八年级下册第二单元练习卷
The car was invented (发明) just a century ago. You may
know all kinds of cars’ names, but many people don’t know who was the inventor
of the first car. The first car was invented not by a German, but by an
American. His name was Henry Ford. Henry was born in a poor family. He was the
eldest of six children. When he was a boy, he became interested in mending
watches and machines. When he was twelve years old, his mother died. Soon he
had to work in a machine shop for two dollars and fifty cents a week. In the
evenings he repaired watches for another dollar a week. The hard life made him
strong and able.
At that time there was another interest in
the life of the young ford. He dreamed(梦想) to make a machine. It could run without a horse, so named
“horseless carriage.” He over-came(克服) a lot of difficulties and in April 1893, the “horseless carriage”
was finally finished. It was the first car.
Later Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor
Company(福特汽车公司). He
was really the first inventor of the car in the world.
1.Who really invented the car first? _____.
A.A German
B.An American
C.Frenchman
D.Japanese
2.From this story we can know the car was
invented_____.
A.more than 100 years ago
B.less than 100 years ago
C.just 100 years ago
D.50 years ago
3.Henry Ford must have_____.
A.five brothers and sisters
B.six brothers and sisters
C.five younger brothers
D.three brothers
4.How many dollars did young Ford earn(挣) every week? _____.
A.2.5 dollars
B.3.5 dollars
C.3 dollars
D.4 dollars
5.Which is not true? _____.
A.He repaired watches in the evenings for fun
B.He enjoyed repairing watches and machines when he was very young.
C.He met with a lot of difficulties in the invention.
D.The first car was invented in 1893.
Henry was from the United States and he had come to London for a holiday.One day he was not feeling well.& So he was to the clerk at the desk of his hotel and said, “I want to see a doctor. Can you give me the name of a good one?”The clerk looked in a book, and said, “Dr. Grey.”“Is he expensive?”“Well,” the clerk answered, “he always asks for his patients two pounds for their first visit to him, and 1.5 pounds for later visit.”Henry decided (决定)& to save 50 pence. When he went to see the doctor he said, “I’ve come again, doctor.”For a few seconds the doctor looked at his face carefully without saying anything. Then he nodded and said, “Oh, yes.” He examined (检查) him and then said, “Everything’s going as it should do. Just continue (继续)with the medicine (药) I gave you last time.”1.Henry came to London___________.A.to do some shoppingB.to visit friendC.to spend his holidayD.to find a job2.He wanted to see a good doctor because__________.A.he was feeling badB.he could save 50 penceC.he wanted to take some medicine homeD.a good doctor was very expensive3.The first visit to the doctor cost_____________ later visit.A.as much asB.less thanC.more thanD.no more than4.Henry tried to make the doctor believe that___________.A.he wasn’t illB.It is the second time for him to go to his clinic(门诊部).C.he saw a friend of hisD.he wasn’t feeling well小题1:D小题2:B小题3:A小题4:D试题分析:文章讲述作者受到老夫妇的感动,帮老夫妇付钱后,老夫妇又帮年轻夫妇付账,第二天服务员又帮作者付钱,说明爱的表示会有很大影响。小题1:写作意图题:纵观全文和最后一段的句子:When I told her that they didn't have to do that, she said with a smile "Love begets Love."可知作者写这篇文章是想表示“爱的表示会有很大影响”,选D。小题2:细节题:从第五段的句子:The couple were amazed. They looked around, asked for the bill of two young couples who were seated together, paid their bill and departed, saying "Love begets(产生) Love" to the amazement of the hostess and waiter可知这对老年夫妇在获得作者的资助后又帮年轻的夫妇结账,说明他们想把得到的爱传递给别人。选B。小题3:细节题:从第二段的句子:He asked if I knew them and I told him "No, I just wanted to repay them for the love that they were showing to each other," and then I departed.可知这对老夫妇的爱让现在是单身的作者很感动,选A。小题4:寓意题:从文章可知作者帮老夫妇付钱后,老夫妇又帮年轻夫妇付账,第二天服务员又帮作者付钱,说明:种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆。A. A good beginning makes a good ending.善始善终,B. Where there is love, there is life.有爱的地方就有生活,&& C. Love me, love my dog.爱屋及乌。选D
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
Since I was a child, I called my father my Kong, after King Kong. I believed that he was just as strong as the giant ape(猿猴). As he faced death, I did my best to help release him to the next life.Two months after he passed away, my sister called to ask if I would like to go see Lisa Williams, a well-known witch(巫婆). I was familiar with Lisa from her show on Lifetime, and since I was eager to get a sign from my father, I agreed to go.I took my father’s gold watch and listened as Lisa helped audience members communicate with their loved ones. “I have a grandfather-like figure with me and he is speaking about his granddaughter Jilly,” she announced. Th no one raised a hand. I nudged(用肘轻推) my sister and whispered to her that this was Dad ,for my third child and my father had a deep bond(关系,纽带) and he called her Jilly.Although I sensed his presence, I wasn’t confident enough to raise my hand. I needed something a bit more concrete, something undoubted.“This man is letting me know he had cancer,” she continued. I nudged my sister harder and assured her this was our father. Lisa went on to say that this person died in June (my father had died June 8th). There was swelling of the legs.“Important information,” she called out. My heart beat fast . I jumped up when she asked, “Who is holding his watch?” I waved the watch in the air.“He wishes you congratulations.” My fourth child was born three weeks after my father died. I was in shock and could not believe I was getting a chance to hear from him, yet I knew our bond was strong enough that he could come to the world. She banged on her chest like an ape and apologized, saying, “I don’t know why but he wants me to do this like Tarzan.” It didn’t resonate(共鸣) with me until my sister called out “King Kong!” I was convinced. No way could this woman have ever known a detail unless Dad was communicating through her.Each bit of information she gave us was just as meaningful. She ended our session by informing us that he would send us coins. The very next day I found six coi they seemed to have come out of nowhere. Even in death he is my Kong, and he remains important in my life.小题1:What’s the best title of the passage?A.Information from Lisa WilliamsB.Miraculous Messages from HeavenC.Strange Things in the Party.D.Unforgettable memories小题2:What’s the meaning of underlined sentence?A.I tried my best to make my father feel relieved in another world .B.I wanted to help my father live a better life in future.C.I tried to set my father free next time.D.I wanted to help my father in everything.小题3:What do we know about Lisa Williams?&A.She may be a learned teacher.B.She may be a woman knowing witchcraftC.She may be is a scientist researching Lifetime.D.She may be a fairy.小题4:From the passage we know that father _________________.A.cared little about our lifeB.withdrew from the society and lived alone C.liked to live with giant ape D.was still concerned about my family after his death .小题5:What kind of writing style did the author use in the passage?A.NarrationB.IllustrationC.Discussion D.Description
 Once a great boxer (拳击家), Tom Brown, went to a restaurant(饭馆)for dinner. He put his bag near the door, but he was afraid that someone would take it. So he got out a pen and a piece of paper and wrote on it: “The great boxer, Tom Brown, left his bag here. He’ll come back in a few minutes. ” He put the paper on his bag and went to have his dinner. When he came back, his bag wasn’t there. But he found a piece of paper on the ground. It said: “A great runner took away your bag, and he will not come back. ”小题1:Tom Brown went to the restaurant ________.A.for his bagB.to see the runnerC.to have his mealD.for his pen小题2:Mr Brown was afraid ________.A.to put down his bag near the doorB.he couldn’t find his penC.thieves would take his bag awayD.he couldn’t get enough food himself from the restaurant小题3:Mr Brown wrote the words on the paper because he ________.A.thought the thief would not steal (偷) his bag when he read the wordsB.was a boxerC.wanted to catch the thiefD.wanted to get to know the runner小题4:When Mr Brown came back he ________.A.found another piece of paper on the ground B.found his bag wasn’t thereC.both A and BD.saw the runner running after him小题5:Which is not right?A.Mr Brown was foolish.B.The runner was a thief.C.The runner made a joke on Mr Brown.D.The boxer didn’t know the runner at all.
Chuck,unlike other frogs,didn't like catching flies himself. But he did love eating them.Some frogs thought Chuck was lazy. Some believed he must think he was too good for them. Some thought Chuck was the strangest frog ever.That didn't matter to Chuck. Each morning,Chuck jumped over and sat under the spider's web. Then when Lady Eightlegs went off to dip (浸) her feet in the pond,Chuck ate flies from her web.One morning while Chuck was enjoying his fly breakfast,Lady Eightlegs returned and caught him.“You're the one who keeps eating my flies!”she cried.Chuck jumped away and into the pond. Now there was an idea!Why not spin (结) his own web?He collected some vines (葡萄藤) from a nearby farm. Then he began to spin his web. He worked on his web for hours,until very late at night. And then he fell asleep.When he woke up the next morning,he found that he got caught by the vines.“Help!”he shouted.Lady Eightlegs looked up from the edge of the pond. She hurried up to help Chuck out of the vine web.“No matter how hard I try,I can't spin a spider's web,”Chuck said.“Of course not,”Lady Eightlegs said. “You're a frog. Frogs can't spin spider's webs any better than spiders can swim,I guess.”“But I always see you in the water,”Chuck said.“I only wade in (蹚水) up to my knees,”Lady Eightlegs sighed. “How wonderful it would be to swim in the middle of the pond and float (漂浮) peacefully under the sun.”Chuck smiled,“I have an idea.”From that day forward,Chuck carried Lady Eightlegs out to the middle of the pond,where they floated and played together. When they returned to land,they shared a breakfast of flies from her spider's web.It wasn't exactly an ordinary friendship. But Chuck was not an ordinary frog.小题1:The second paragraph is written to show that Chuck ______.A.was different from other frogsB.didn't get along well with other frogsC.led a lonely lifeD.was a proud frog小题2:What do we know about Chuck's web?A.Lady Eightlegs helped Chuck spin it.B.It was successfully spun by Chuck.C.It was spun far from the pond.D.Chuck failed to spin it himself.小题3:It can be inferred from the text that ______.A.Chuck had tried to catch Lady EightlegsB.Chuck had difficulty collecting vinesC.Lady Eightlegs was very wiseD.Lady Eightlegs swam well小题4:What was Lady Eightlegs' attitude towards Chuck in the end?A.Worried.B.Friendly.C.Doubtful. D.Cold.
My daughter Alisa was born blind in her right eye and was bullied (欺侮) pretty severely in school. So I quitted my job as a babysitter and then schooled my daughter heart and soul at home.A year ago a boy of 14 befriended my daughter on Facebook after reading something Alisa wrote about bullying. Today he messaged her and asked if she would like six tickets to a Colorado Rockies baseball game. They have never met in person but she said, “Sure! That would be great.”Then I received a call from his mother explaining why her son had chosen my daughter. She said he thought my daughter deserved them because of all the good she does in the community. Her son, she explained, had experienced a similar situation and was also home schooled.What she said is true. Now my daughter Alisa continues to teach groups of girls in trouble in our community how to look within themselves for the positive and how to be their own person.Everything taken into consideration, we decided to meet the mother and the boy at a local bike shop. After meeting, the boy approached my car and my daughter gave him a hug and thanked him for his generosity. She told him that she had never been to a baseball game and that she was going to take her entire family, including myself, her dad, little sister, her cousin and an aunt who has brain cancer.We all thanked one another, got in our car, and went our way. As we drove home my daughter opened the envelope. Inside it were the tickets and $100 each to buy hot dogs, pay for parking and not have any worries but a great time.My daughter has always been the giver and now she and our family are the receivers and I can not tell you how incredibly honored we feel to be on the other end. What an incredible young man to have such a kind idea.小题1:What did the author once do according to the passage?A.She was a ticket seller.B.She was a school teacher.C.She was a babysitter.D.She was a social worker.小题2:How did the boy get to know my daughter?A.They met when buying tickets to a baseball game.B.They got in touch via the Internet.C.They became familiar when talking face to face.D.They went to the same school and met each other.小题3:Why did the boy want to offer free tickets to Alisa?A.Because Alisa is a disabled girl.B.Because he has a lot money to share.C.Because Alisa often helps those in trouble.D.Because he has a similar situation with Alisa.小题4:What can we learn about the boy?A.He is afraid of meeting strangers.B.He always bullies smaller children.C.He is addicted to the internet.D.He receives education at home.小题5:Which of the following best describes the passage?A.Good is rewarded with good.B.A friend in need is a friend indeed.C.Two heads are better than one.D.Where there is a will, there is a way.
题型:完形填空
My husband has been ill in hospital for two months and I have learned to make do with very little (凑合过日子).One Sunday afternoon, I went to buy a &&&&&&for my daughter with my friend.& A woman who was also buying books in the bookstore saw me and said, “I &&&&you must be having a hard time.” I just smiled and said, “I’m okay. I have eight dollars and I have food at home, so I’ll be &&&&&&.”About ten &&&&&&&later she came up to me and said, “Can I take a look at the book that you’ve &&&&&&? It seems very interesting!” I said all right and gave it to her.Just then &&&&&&&called me and I immediately went out. &&&&&&I returned she thanked me and &&&&&&&my book. On my way home my friend who was driving said, “You told me you didn’t had much &&&&&&&?”& I replied, “I don’t.”She said, “Oh yes, you do!” I assured (向……保证) her I &&&&&&had two dollars left, but still she insisted I &&&&&&plenty of money.“Look at your book in your bag,” she &&&&&. “There’s a hundred dollar bill in it.” I turned over the page and got so &&&&&! There actually was a hundred dollar &&&&&&that seemed to have fallen out of my book!I &&&&&&her, very surprised, and said, “I don’t know &&&&&&that came from. I have no idea because I certainly did not have a hundred &&&&&!”I thought and thought about the money for days after that. Then I realized it must have come from &&&&&&who asked to borrow my book in the bookstore. How &&&&&&of her! And what a wonderful gift to &&&&&&when I am down to my last two dollars!小题1:A.storybookB.toy bearC.birthday cakeD.concert ticket小题2:A.suggestB.wishC.hearD.think小题3:A.sadB.upsetC.fineD.honest小题4:A.hoursB.minutesC.daysD.weeks小题5:A.writtenB.chosenC.hiddenD.finished小题6:A.someoneB.nobodyC.everyoneD.anybody小题7:A.SinceB.WhenC.BeforeD.Because小题8:A.threw awayB.asked forC.looked intoD.gave back小题9:A.wisdomB.moneyC.waterD.patience小题10:A.neverB.alwaysC.onlyD.once小题11:A.hadB.spentC.lostD.won小题12:A.saidB.criedC.orderedD.shouted小题13:A.worriedB.satisfiedC.surprisedD.relaxed小题14:A.letterB.cardC.pictureD.bill小题15:A.looked atB.quarreled withC.believed inD.laughed at小题16:A.whyB.howC.whatD.where小题17:A.bagsB.booksC.storesD.dollars小题18:A.the ladyB.the writerC.my friendD.my daughter小题19:A.foolishB.kindC.energeticD.proud小题20:A.makeB.refuseC.inventD.receive
“How did Norman know, Sister Emma?”“He overheard you and Aryan arguing. I suspect that he purposely overheard on you. Norman knew or concluded what profession Aryan practiced. He might well have followed Aryan on his explorations. Whether he did or not is beside the point. When Aryan came back yesterday afternoon, Norman certainly decided that he had made some find, for Aryan told Norman that he would be leaving for the capital to meet the detective the next morning. He probably followed Aryan to your room and overheard what passed between you.“Since you could not act against the law of man and God, he would serve a natural justice in his own way. He took the jar of poison hemlock from the chemistry shop and when Aryan asked for a drink, he supplied it. Norman did not know the precise quantity needed and so Aryan did not suffer the full effects until after the bell called the community into the dining hall for the evening meal.”Abbess was following Sister Emma closely.“And then?”“Then I began my investigation, and then the detective arrived seeking Aryan for an explanation for his death.”“But who killed Norman?”“Norman knew that sooner or later he would be discovered. But more importantly in his guileless (坦率的) mind there was also the guilt of having taken a man’s life to be considered. Norman was a simple man. He decided that he should accept the punishment—the honor-price of a life. What greater honor-price for the life of Aryan could he offer than his own? He also took a draught of poison hemlock.”There was a pause.小题1:What may have happened to Aryan? A.He was killed by poison.B.He was found missing.C.He was poisoned but saved.D.He went away with what he had found.小题2:What did Abbess do according to Sister Emma when Aryan came back?A.She talked with Aryan about Norman’s strange actions. .B.She secretly discussed with Aryan about something secret.C.She followed the two men and found what they were doing.D.She let Sister Emma help find out the two men’s secret.小题3:What can we conclude from the above story?A.Abbess served the detective. B.Emma knows all the people mentioned.C.Aryan was sent to kill Abbess but failed. D.Norman seemed very devoted to Abbess.小题4:Which of the following might be true according to the above passage?A.Abbess hired Norman to fight against Aryan. B.Norman told everything to Emma.C.Aryan worked for the detective.D.All the people came from the capital.
On a Friday night ,a poor young violinist was playing his violin at the entrance of the subway station .The music was so great that people &&&&&down to listen and put some money into his hat .The next day ,the violinist came to the entrance again. He put down his hat as usual. Beside the hat ,there was a piece of paper with some &&&&&on it .It said ,“A George Sang has put an important thing into my hat by &&&&&&.Welcome to claim (认领) it .”Soon the people were all attracted by the words and &&&&&&&&what it could be .After a while a man rushed through the crowd, took the violinist’s shoulders and said ,“I knew you would &&&&&&&&come here.” The violinist asked, “Did you &&&&something ?“Lottery(彩票).” The violinist took out a lottery ticket with Sang ’ name on it .Sang took it and danced happily.Sang was an office worker. He bought the lottery and &&&&&&&a prize of $ 500,000. But when he gave $ 50 to the violinist for his wonderful music , the lottery ticket was thrown in, too. The violinist was a college student . That morning ,he was going to&&&&&to Vienna for higher education. However, when he found the ticket ,he cancelled the flight and &&&&&&&&&&to the entrance.Later someone asked the violinist why he didn’t take the lottery ticket to pay tuition(学费). He said,“Although I don’t have much money ,I live happily .If I lose &&&&&&, I won’t be happy forever.小题1:A.wentB.slowedC.turnedD.fell小题2:A.musicB.moneyC.wordsD.tickets小题3:A.chanceB.handC.choiceD.mistake小题4:A.askedB.feltC.wonderedD.knew小题5:A.certainlyB.neverC.alwaysD.exactly小题6:A.getB.loseC.wantD.buy小题7:A.heldB.keptC.lostD.won小题8:A.walkB.flyC.rideD.run小题9:A.returnedB.reachedC.pointedD.jumped小题10:A.nameB.lotteryC.honestyD.money
I’m an operating engineer, running crane(起重机) in New York City. I was in the countryside, playing golf when we got the call that a plane had &&&&&&the World Trade Centre. We checked out of the hotel immediately and started &&&&&&our way downtown. When I got home, I called the rescue center and they told me to come &&&&&&and get on the &&&&&&list.The next morning I went down to the &&&&&&at about 5 A. M., and four hours later I &&&&&&the call to come down to West Street. I called my wife and told her not to &&&&&&me, and that I would stay in &&&&&&with her. I took the subway. It stopped at West Fourth Street, so I had to &&&&&&the rest of the way.And somewhere in there I became &&&&&&when I went into something I &&&&&. I once worked there in 1966 for the &&&&&&of the World Trade Centre. On halfway on September 12, I was frightened to see the World Trade Centre was a huge pile, maybe ten &&&&&&tall. And it was burning. I started to ask &&&&&&in which my crane might be &&&&&&a whistle blew suddenly warning us of some danger. I saw people running away and I really didn’t know what to do. So I did the same, too. It was as if they had &&&&&&the bulls go in Spain and we were running through the street. People falling down, people &&&&&&them up as they came by, and carrying them, just to get them out of the way, because something was extremely &&&&&. I didn’t even look back. We stopped running when we got to the Battery Tunnel, and I caught my &&&&&&and said, “Oh, my God, I’m going to die.”Then I&&&a little bit, thinking about what we should do next. As we started again we knocked into a fire chief officer and we asked, “What can we do to help you?”小题1:A.noticedB.reachedC.hitD.passed小题2:A.findingB.makingC.gettingD.losing小题3:A.awayB.nearC.inD.down小题4:A.volunteerB.soldierC.policeD.fireman小题5:A.companyB.hotelC.centerD.home小题6:A.answeredB.madeC.heardD.received小题7:A.be curious aboutB.forget aboutC.laugh atD.worry about小题8:A.peaceB.touchC.connectionD.relation小题9:A.walkB.completeC.cancelD.smooth小题10:A.delightedB.frightenedC.embarrassedD.interested小题11:A.builtB.metC.designedD.had小题12:A.constructionB.planC.destructionD.use小题13:A.milesB.centimetersC.storiesD.floors小题14:A.meansB.numbersC.positionD.directions小题15:A.asB.whyC.whenD.because小题16:A.drivenB.letC.askedD.enjoyed小题17:A.pushingB.givingC.lookingD.picking小题18:A.dangerousB.urgentC.efficientD.important小题19:A.viewB.sightC.breathD.sense小题20:A.put downB.settled downC.knocked downD.let down

我要回帖

更多关于 dinner 的文章

随机推荐