I gussdo you have a dreammust be a youth struugging to dream a

Adele - Someone Like You lyrics |
uUnregistered113522421Create lyrics explanation
Select some words and click "Explain" button. Then type your knowledge, add image or YouTube video till "Good-o-meter" shows "Cool" or "Awesome!". Publish your explanation with "Explain" button. Get karma points!
OK, got it!I heard, that you're settled down,
That you, found a girl and your married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things, I didn't give to you.
Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded,
That for me, it isn't over.
Nevermind, I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best, for you too.
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead, yeah.
You'd know, how the time flies.
Only yesterday, was the time of our lives.
We were born and raised in a summer haze,
Bound by the surprise of our glory days.
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face & that you'd be reminded,
That for me, it isn't over.
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you say,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead", yay.
Nothing compares, no worries or cares.
Regret's and mistakes they're memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?
I wish nothing but the best for you.
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said,
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me, I beg, I remembered you say,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead, yeah.Lyrics taken from /lyrics/a/adele/someone_like_you.htmlExplanationsnew
EmailPrintAdd song structure elements
Click "Correct" to open the "Correction form". There you can add structure tags, correct typos or add missing words. Send your correction and get karma points! Result of your work will appear after moderating.
OK, got it!LikeTweet+1
uUnregisteredAdd your replyuUnregisteredAdd your replyuUnregisteredAdd your replyuUnregisteredAdd your replyuUnregisteredAdd your reply .
Write song meaning
Type your knowledge till "Good-o-meter" shows "Awesome!". Then send your meaning with "Post meaning" button. Get karma points!
OK, got it!U or log in with Post meaning
Min 50 words
This page is missing some information about the song. Please expand it to include this information. You can help by
. &Pitbull&Beyoncé&Sam Smith&Chris Brown&Vance Joy&Ellie Goulding&Jeremih&The Script&Vaults&Sam Smith UsernameYour explanationExplain
&Congratulations!
Keep posting annotations and earnrespect from LyricsMode community.
Yep, I'm cool![Intro][Verse][Pre-Chorus][Chorus][Hook][Bridge][Outro]CancelCorrectWhy not create an account?×
Create an account to credit all your contributions to your name, receive rewards, status updates and get feedback from our community.
Create an accountContinue unregisteredList of Famous People of Haitian Descent
for permission to reprint the following list of famous people of Haitian descent.
There were some surprises for me on this list.
Anyone know of any to add?
J.S. Alexis has emailed the following to the editors:
“In your list of famous people of Haitian descent, you should add actor Sydney Poitier.
His father was a Haitian farmer.”
W.E.B. Dubois – Famous American Civil Rights Leader whose parents migrated from Haiti
Toussaint Louverture “The Black Napoleon” – Black Freedom fighter who in 1803 would open the way for the First Black Republic in the World, Ayiti (Haiti). He died in a french jail before seeing a free Haiti, which in 1804 became the 2nd country in the Americas after the U.S. to become independent
Jean-Jacques Dessalines ?EUR“ Leader of the First Black Republic in the World
Alexandre Petion – Haitian Leader who would help the founder of Latin American Independence, Simon Bolivar (The country of Bolivia is named after
him), by providing weapons and soldiers with the promise Bolivar would free all the slaves in places he liberated. The flag of Venezuela was actually sewed together in Haiti
Henry Christophe – Famous Haitian King who build the Citadelle in Haiti which is a huge fortress representing freedom. As a young boy, he was one of many slave soldiers recruited by the French in then the colony of Saint Domingue (which would later become Haiti) to fight alongside the Americans in the American Revolution in 1779 against the British in Savanah Georgia. Today, there is a Statue in Savanah Georgia representing the little known fact of Haiti’s small contributions in U.S. History
ARTS & CULTURE
John James Audubon – Was born in Haiti and would become a legendary, revered bird watcher and art enthusiast in America. The Audubon Society is named after him
Jean Michel Basquiat – Son of Haitian and Puerto Rican parents who was a graffiti artist in NYC using the tag SAMO who would later become one of the most successful, controversial and glamorous artists in the world
Jacques Stephen Alexis ?EUR“ Haitian writer who is a descendant of Jean-Jacques Dessalines.
One of his works is GENERAL SUN, MY BROTHER
Ludovic Lamothe ?EUR“ A graduate of L?EUR(TM)Institution Saint Louis de Gonzague in Port-au-Prince Haiti, he was sent to Paris to study music composition.
He is one of Haiti?EUR(TM)s most renowned classical composers
Wyclef Jean – Musician, singer and producer who founded the Fugees
Praz – The other guy from the Fugees
Won-G – Haitian American Rapper who has a video out with Paris Hilton. Wait…Not that kind of video (imagine the outrage of P.H. caught doing it with a black guy). This one is actually not rated X and is a music video
Edwidge Danticat – Famous Haitian American writer of such books like THE FARMING OF THE BONES and KRIC? KRAC?
Quddus – Haitian Canadian MTV VJ / Model
Oswald Durant – Haitian Poet who wrote “choucoune” which would later become the lyrics for the songs “little bird” by Harry Belafonte.
Alexandre Dumas – French writer who is the son of a Haitian slave woman and a French soldier. His famous writings includes, THE THREE MUSKETEERS and THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO
Gabrielle Casseus – Actor in movies such as BLACK HAWK DOWN, and BEDAZZLED
Vanessa Williams – Not the singer, but the one who acts in SOUL FOOD the series.
Tyrone Edmond – Famous Haitian model
Jimmy Saint Louis – Famous Haitian actor / model. He was in THE BOURNE IDENTITY, TEARS OF THE SUN, and soon to be released THE GAMES OF THEIR LIVES where he plays the role of Haitian Joe Gaetzens (see sports below). {I have a cameo in this movie by the way, where I play the role of soccer players Eddie Pope and Robin Frazer J
Garcelle Beauvais – Born in Haiti and moved to NY. She would become a model than an actress on NYPD Blue
Gary Dourdain – Actor from CSI Las Vegas. His parents or grandparents came from Haiti.
Sadly enough, his older brother died in Haiti (there are questions as to whether he was pushed off a balcony, or simply fell) while on a visit there to research his Haitian lineage
Marjorie Vincent – Daughter of Haitian immigrants who would become Miss America in 1991
Raoul Peck – Haitian Film director who has many films in his credits. One of which is the famous documentary LUMUMBA: Death of a Prophet
Josephine Premice – Haitian born American actress/dancer/singer. Some of her acting credits is THE JEFFERSONS, THE COSBY SHOW, A DIFFERENT WORLD…
Rene Depestre ?EUR“ Famous Haitian writer of many books, one of which is THE FESTIVAL OF THE GREASY POLE
Jacques Roumain ?EUR“ Famous Haitian writer and one of his most famous work is GOUVERNEURS DE LA ROSEE
Jean-Jean Pierre ?EUR“ Haitian composer, musician, journalist, and playwright, who was profiled on the New York Times Public Lives segment in December 23rd 2004
Ronal and Rony Delice ?EUR“ Haitian Brothers who are acclaimed fashion designers in New York City
Pierre Toussaint – Haitian born slave who is under consideration by the Vatican for canonization for his humanitarian work in New York
Elizabeth Clarisse Lange – Freed slave who first migrated to Cuba then to Baltimore, Maryland. In Baltimore, she founded the first Catholic school for black children, the St. Francis Academy. Today, she is also being considered for canonization by the Vatican
OTHERS WORTH MENTIONING
Jean Baptiste Pointe Du Sable – Free Black Slave from Haiti who would become a very successful trader in America. In 1779, he established the first permanent settlement of the city of Chicago. He is known today as the founder of that city.
Dr. Rose Marie Toussaint – One of only two women liver transplant surgeon in the world
Joseph Laroche – Haitian businessman traveling with his french wife and kids on the Titanic which was somewhat of a choc to people to see a black man and his white wife traveling aboard a very expensive ocean liner at that time. He was taking his family to live in Haiti when he died with many others on the sunken ship. We all know what happened. She along with their 2 kids survived. He didn’t. He was the only black man to die on the Titanic.
His wife and kids never made it to Haiti as they decided to return to France
Dr. Carole Berotte Joseph ?EUR“ She is the new president of MassBay Community College in Massachussetts
Joe Gaetjens ?EUR“ Haitian born soccer player who scored amazing goal for the underdog U.S. in match against mighty England in 1950 World Cup of Soccer in Brazil. This game is still today one of the biggest upset in sports history. He would later die under mysterious circumstances in Haiti under Papa Doc (see below). In 1976 he was inducted into the United States Soccer Federation Hall of fame.
William Joseph – DT for NY Giants
Jonathan Vilma – LB for NY Jets
Samuel Dalembert – C for Philadelphia 76rs
Mario Elie – Former G for Houston Rockets
Olden Polynice – Former NBA player
Bruny Surin ?EUR“ Haitian / Canadian Track and field star
WISH THEY WEREN’T HAITIANS
Jean-Claude “Baby Doc” Duvalier along with his father Francois “Papa Doc” Duvalier, combined to ruled Haiti under a brutal dictatorship for about 30 yrs. Papa Doc was the inspiration of Graham Greene in his book and movie adaptation of THE COMEDIANS. When Baby Doc left for France in 1986, it is estimated he took most of the country’s wealth with him. Today he lives broke in the South of France with his wife having taken most of the stolen money before leaving him
WISH THEY WERE HAITIANS
Danny Glover – American Actor and Activist who’s been working for the past decade to get Hollywood to make a movie on TOUSSAINT LOUVERTURE. Unfortunately, Hollywood thinks the story is too black.
Jonathan Demme – Film Producer who just recently released THE AGRONOMIST a story of Haitian journalist Jean Dominique who died under shady circumstances
Lauryn Hill – Much love for you girl. Can’t wait for the FUGEES reunion concert this summer in Haiti. You bet I will be on the plane to PAP
Katherine Dunham ?EUR“ The Matriarch of black American dance, she spend many years in Haiti studying Haitian dances. She incorporates many Haitian dances in her works.
If you found this instructive, let me know. If I am missing anyone from this list, let me know. My job is to promote my culture in a positive light and if you have learned something new, than I did a good job. Like we say in kreyol, ?EURoedeye mon se mon?EUR?, which means behind every mountains is many more mountains ?EUR“ in short, the struggle continues.
This was written by stumax. Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2005, at 12:40 pm. Filed under , , . Bookmark the . Follow comments here with the .
Trackbacks are closed, but you can .
NAAHD is is working for the betterment of Haitians, please join forces with us in protecting our community’s future…
Post a Comment
Categories"Sing For The Moment" lyrics
EMINEM LYRICS
"Sing For The Moment"
These ideas are nightmares to white parents
Whose worst fear is a child with dyed hair and who likes earrings
Like whatever they say has no bearing, it's so scary in a house that allows no swearing
To see him walking around with his headphones blaring
Alone in his own zone, cold and he don't care
He's a problem child
What bothers him all comes out, when he talks about
His fuckin' dad walkin' out
'Cause he just hates him so bad that he blocks him out
If he ever saw him again he'd probably knock him out
His thoughts are whacked, he's mad so he's talkin' back
Talkin' black, brainwashed from rock and rap
He sags his pants, do-rags and a stocking cap
His step-father hit him, so he socked him back, and broke his nose
His house is a broken home, there's no control, he just let's his emotions go...
(C'mon), sing with me, (sing), sing for the years
(Sing it), sing for the laughter, sing for the tears, (c'mon)
Sing it with me, just for today, maybe tomorrow the good Lord'll take you away...
Entertainment is changin', intertwinin' with gangsters
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum
Holy or unholy, only have one homie
Only this gun, lonely 'cause don't anyone know me
Yet everybody just feels like they can relate, I guess words are a motherfucker they can be great
Or they can degrade, or even worse they can teach hate
It's like these kids hang on every single statement we make
Like they worship us, plus all the stores ship us platinum
Now how the fuck did this metamorphosis happen
From standin' on corners and porches just rappin'
To havin' a fortune, no more kissin' ass
But then these critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you
Fans turn on you, attorneys all want a turn at you
To get they hands on every dime you have, they want you to lose your mind every time you mad
So they can try to make you out to look like a loose cannon
Any dispute won't hesitate to produce handguns
That's why these prosecutors wanna convict me, strictly just to get me off of these streets quickly
But all they kids be listenin' to me religiously, so I'm signin' CDs while police fingerprint me
They're for the judge's daughter but his grudge is against me
If I'm such a fuckin' menace, this shit doesn't make sense Pete
It's all political, if my music is literal, and I'm a criminal how the fuck can I raise a little girl
I couldn't, I wouldn't be fit to, you're full of shit too, Guerrera, that was a fist that hit you...
They say music can alter moods and talk to you
Well can it load a gun up for you , and cock it too
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude
Just tell the judge it was my fault and I'll get sued
See what these kids do is hear about us totin' pistols
And they want to get one 'cause they think the shit's cool
Not knowin' we really just protectin' ourselves, we entertainers
Of course the shit's affectin' our sales, you ignoramus
But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail
It's fucked up ain't it
How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin' thing that we wanted
That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing
Except for a dream, and a fuckin' rap magazine
Who post pin-up pictures on their walls all day long
Idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs
Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives
Till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die
Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe
We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes
That's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it
'Cause we consider these minutes golden
And maybe they'll admit it when we're gone
Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can...
[CHORUS X2]
for these lyrics.
Thanks to blueprint_n9ne for adding these lyrics.
Thanks to Shaimay, Claudia for correcting these lyrics.
Writer(s): Steven Tyler
Copyright: Music Of Stage Three
EMINEM lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. "Sing For The Moment" lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only.

我要回帖

更多关于 you may dream舞蹈 的文章

随机推荐