Learn More
Looking for Coffee at Home?
Starbucks Stores
Learn More
Looking for Something Else?
Learn More
Looking for Starbucks Information?
Learn More
Looking for Starbucks Mobile Applications?
Learn More
Looking for the Menu?
Try one today and find a new favorite.
A loyalty program that's all about you.
Get exclusive offers by simply registering a Starbucks Card.
Introducing our savory foldovers
We’ve selected the finest ingredients to create the perfect flavor combinations. Try our new Ham and Cheese, Wheat Spinach or Pepperoni & Tomato. All are under 300 calories.
Eat (Red), Help Save lives
June 2nd - 23rd
For every Red Berry Cheese Danish or Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake you buy, Starbucks will donate $.10 to help fight AIDS with
Iced coffee, sweet iced coffee
So many ways to enjoy one Starbucks iced coffee at a time. Check out our VIA(R) Instant iced coffee, Verismo(R) iced Espresso beverages and NEW iced coffee K-Cups(R).
Celebrate with coffee
Starbucks Cards make the perfect Father's Day and graduation gifts. Pick one up in-stores, buy online or send an eGiftD试题分析:考查非谓语动词做宾补。see+O+OC,block与road之间为被动关系,be blocked with被封锁,被堵塞,故使用过去分词。句意:当我们看到道路被大雪封锁,我们决定在家里度假。考点:考查非谓语动词做宾补。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:2013届湖北省八市高三3月联考英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
The homeless dog, known as Xiao Sa, has been following a team of cyclists for 24 days along 1,833 kilometers of highway from Kangding, Sichuan province, to Lhasa in Tibet.Nobody knows where the white dog came from or how long she has been straying on highway G318. Netizens call her the "dog with determination" and the micro blog "Go Go Xiao Sa" recording her life has attracted more than 37,000 followers in two weeks.A picture of Xiao Sa in the arms of a young man in front of the Potala Palace on Thursday night drew more than 4,000 comments congratulating the small dog and expressing dreams of going to Lhasa.The young man in the picture is Zhang Heng, 22, a student in Wuhan, Hubei province. As his graduation trip, he decided to face the challenge of riding to Lhasa alone. On the way he met a lonely dog. "She was lying, tired, on the street around Yajiang, Sichuan province," he said. "So we fed her, and then she followed our team.”"We felt she might want to come along with us, so we decided to bring her along to the end." A week later, Zhang and his buddies opened a micro blog account for her. "We thought the dog was encouraging us, and wanted others to know its story," he said. They created the name Xiao Sa by combining xiao meaning "little" with the last syllable of Lhasa.During their journey, Xiao Sa, Zhang and his team covered more than 1,700 kilometers and climbed 10 mountains higher than 4,000 meters. Xiao Sa just ran up the mountains or along dirt roads."Many people stopped cycling in some sections, then took the bus, but the dog made it," he said. Zhang put the dog on the back of the bike when the team was riding downhill. "The speed can reach 70 kilometers per hour, impossible for the dog to catch us."Zhang Heng, who accompanied Xiao Sa for 20 days, called her "a buddy and a friend". "I would like to take the dog home and take care of her. She has been a stray on the road for a long time. She needs a home." 【小题1】How did the netizens feel when they read the micro blog related to the dog?A.inspiredB.sympatheticC.pitifulD.unbelievable【小题2】Zhang Heng and his team opened a micro blog account for the dog just because __________.A.the dog is very cute and friendly B.the dog encouraged them and they wanted more people to know its storyC.it is the first dog to travel to LhasaD.They had nothing else to do on their journey【小题3】According to the passage, which of the following is NOT true?A.The dog had been straying on highway G318 before it met the team of cyclists .B.During their journey, Zhang and his team climbed 10 mountains higher than 4,000 meters .C.The micro blog “Go Go Xiao Sa ”has attracted more than 37,000 followers in two weeks .D.The dog ran alone behind them when the team was riding downhill.【小题4】Which might be the best title for the passage?A.A Dog with DeterminationB.A Micro Blog and a Dog C.Travel to Lhasa with a DogD.A Dog Follows a Team
来源:学年湖北省八市高三3月联考英语试卷(解析版)
The homeless dog, known as Xiao Sa, has been following
a team of cyclists for 24 days along 1,833 kilometers of highway from Kangding,
Sichuan province, to Lhasa in Tibet.
Nobody knows where the white dog came from or how long
she has been straying on highway G318. Netizens call her the &dog with
determination& and the micro blog &Go Go Xiao Sa& recording her
life has attracted more than 37,000 followers in two weeks.
A picture of Xiao Sa in the arms of a young man in
front of the Potala Palace on Thursday night drew more than 4,000 comments
congratulating the small dog and expressing dreams of going to Lhasa.
The young man in the picture is Zhang Heng, 22, a
student in Wuhan, Hubei province. As his graduation trip, he decided to face
the challenge of riding to Lhasa alone. On the way he met a lonely dog.
&She was lying, tired, on the street around Yajiang, Sichuan
province,& he said. &So we fed her, and then she followed our team.”
&We felt she might want to come along with us, so
we decided to bring her along to the end.& A week later, Zhang and his
buddies opened a micro blog account for her. &We thought the dog was
encouraging us, and wanted others to know its story,& he said. They created
the name Xiao Sa by combining xiao meaning &little& with the last
syllable of Lhasa.
During their journey, Xiao Sa, Zhang and his team
covered more than 1,700 kilometers and climbed 10 mountains higher than 4,000
meters. Xiao Sa just ran up the mountains or along dirt roads.
&Many people stopped cycling in some sections,
then took the bus, but the dog made it,& he said. Zhang put the dog on the
back of the bike when the team was riding downhill. &The speed can reach
70 kilometers per hour, impossible for the dog to catch us.&
Zhang Heng, who accompanied Xiao Sa for 20 days,
called her &a buddy and a friend&. &I would like to take the dog
home and take care of her. She has been a stray on the road for a long time.
She needs a home.&
1.How did the netizens feel when they read the micro
blog related to the dog?
A.inspired&&&&&&&&& B.sympathetic&&&&&&& C.pitiful&&&&&&&&&&& D.unbelievable
2.Zhang Heng and his team opened a micro blog account
for the dog just because __________.
A.the dog is
very cute and friendly
B.the dog encouraged
them and they wanted more people to know its story
C.it is the
first dog to travel to Lhasa
D.They had
nothing else to do on their journey
3.According to the passage, which of the following is
NOT true?
A.The dog had
been straying on highway G318 before it met the team of cyclists .
B.During their
journey, Zhang and his team climbed 10 mountains higher than 4,000 meters .
C.The micro
blog “Go Go Xiao Sa ”has attracted more than 37,000 followers in two weeks
D.The dog ran
alone behind them when the team was riding downhill.
4.Which might be the best title for the passage?
A.A Dog with
Determination&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.A Micro Blog
and a Dog
C.Travel to
Lhasa with a Dog&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.A Dog Follows
a Team
I am Sergey Brin! I was born in Moscow. In 1979, when I was 5, my family immigrated to the United States. I remember that on my 9th birthday I got my first computer “Commodore 64”.Later I graduated with honors in the University of Maryland in Mathematics and IT. The main field of my science research was the technologies used to collect data from unsystematic sources as well as large quantities of texts and science data. I was the author of dozens of articles in leading American academic magazines.The greatest event in my life happened when in 1998 I was preparing for the defense(论文答辩)of my Doctor’s degree in Stanford University. There the fate made me meet Larry Page—a young computer genius. Larry belonged to the intellectual society. Larry and I quickly became friends when we worked together.We were searching day and night on the Internet. We were finding a lot of information but with the feeling we still couldn’t find enough of what we were looking for. Naturally the idea for a search engine that would allow specific information to be found in the endless pool of data was born like it came to us. It wasn’t our plans but we gave up the education at the university. You know the next part, maybe we managed to turn an ordinary garage in Meplo Park, California, the U. S. A. into our first office, in which Google was born. With excitement we typed the name of the thing which we created with love on September 14th 1998—www. . Now, after those years we bought this garage. As a symbol it will always remind us that everything is possible1.Sergey Brin actually graduated from ___A.the University of MarylandB.the University of MoscowC.the University of CaliforniaD.Stanford University2.From the passage we know that Larry Page ______A.was Brin’s important partner in starting GoogleB.was born in a rich merchant familyC.was once a student in the University of MarylandD.was a professor from Stanford University3.Which is the right order of what happened?a. My family moved from Russia to the U. SA.b. I met Larry Page.c. I was given a computer as a present on my 9th birthday.d. Google was born in an ordinary garage in California.A. c-a-b-dB.c-b-a-dC.a-c-b-dD.a-c-d-b4.Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?A.The History of GoogleB.The Great Contribution of GoogleC.The Great Success of GoogleD.The Birth of Google5.Which of the following statements is TRUE?A.The main field of my science research was computerB.I wrote many articles in leading American magazinesC.Larry is one of my classmatesD.When I was 5, I got my first computer “Commodore 64”
来源:2008年高考试题(福建卷)解析版
题型:听力题
做题时,先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后,你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡上。
第一节&& (共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话。第段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
例:How
much is the ehirt?
A.&
19.15&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. & 9.15&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. & 9.18
1.What
is the weather like?
A.It’s
raining.&&&&&&&& B.It’s
cloudy.&&&&&&&&&&&&
C.It’s sunny.
2.Who
will go to China next month?
&&
A.Lucy.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B.Alice.&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&C.Ricberd.
3.What
are the spenkers talking about?
A.The man’s
sister.&&&&&& B.A
film.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C.An actor.
4.Where
will the spenkers meet?
A.In Room
340.&&&&&&&&&&&&
B.In Room
314.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C.In Room 223.
5.Where does
the converaation moet probably take place?
A.In a
restaurant.&&&&&&&&& B.In an
office.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C.At home.
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒种,各小题将给出5秒种的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。
6.Why
did the woman go to New York?
A.To
spend come time with the hahy.&&& B.To look after her sister.
C.To
find a new job.
7.How
old was the baby when the woman left New York?
A.Two
months.&&&&& B.Five months.&&& C.Seven
months.
8.What
did the woman like doing mst with the baby?
A.Holding
him.&&&&&&& B.Playing with
him.&&&& C.Fceding him.
听第7段材料,回答第9至11题。
9.What
are the speaking about?
A.A way
to impreve air quality.&&&&&&&& B.A
problem with traffic rules.
C.A
suggestion for city planning.
10.What
does the man suggest?
A.Limiting
the use of
cars.&&&&&&&&&&&&
B.Encouraging people to-wall.
C.Waming
drivers of air pollution.
11.What
does the woman think about the man’s idea?
A.It’s
interesting.&&&& B.It’s worth
trying.&&&&& C.It’s impractical.
听第8段材料,回答第12至14题。
12.How
long will the man pmbably stay in New Zealand?
A.One
week.& &&&&&&&&&B.Two
weeks.&&&&&&&&&& C.Three
weeks.
13.What
advice does the woman give to the man ?
A. Go to New Zealand after Christmas.&& B.Book his flight sa soon sa possible.
B. Save more money for his trip.
14.What
can we learn about flights to New Zealand at Christmas time?
A.They
require early booking.&&& B.They can be twice as expensive.
C. Thay are on special offer.
听第9段材料,回答第15至17题。
15.Why
did Jane call Mike?
A.To ask
him to meet her.&&&&&& B.To tell him about
Tom.&&&& C.To burrow his car.
16.Where
will Jane be in about one bour?
A.At
Mike’s place.&&&& B.At the
airport.&&&&&&& C.At a garage.
17.What
can we infer from the conversation?
A. Jane has just learned to
drive.&&& B.Jane’s car is in bad condition.
C.Mike
will go to the airport.
听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
18.What
did the speaker ask the stuents to do the week before?
A.Write
a short story.&&& B.Prepare for the lesson. C.Learn more about
the writer.
19.Why
does the speaker ask the questions?
A. To chesk the students’
understanding of the story.
B. To draw the students’
attention to reading skills.
C. To let the students discuss
father-son relationships.
20.What
will the students do in 10 minutes?
A. Ask more
qucations.&& B.Discuss in groups.&& C.Give their anawers.
For millions of Chinese Internet users, the penguin is more than a flightless bird from the Antarctic. To them it is the symbol of QQ, the instant-messaging service marking its 10th anniversary.
QQ’s creator, Ma Huateng, 38, is a lover of stargazing, and describes himself as a combination of idealist and realist. “ I’m introverted. My friends believed I was too shy to find a girlfriend,” Ma said. He found a girlfriend, now his wife, through chatting online on QQ. Born in Hainan province, Ma loved watching stars and dreamed of becoming an astronomer. He moved to Shenzhen, along with his parents, in southern Guangdong province when he was in his teens. Ma was impressed by the slogan “ Time is money, efficiency is life” found all over the city. It was the most famous slogan born in Shenzhen, representing China’s reform and opening. The pioneering city provided chances for Ma to watch burgeoning reforms. He saw people carry big bags of cash to buy stocks after China launched a capital market in Shenzhen and Shanghai in the late 1980s. When he graduated from Shenzhen University in 1993, Ma designed a stock exchange software system and sold it for 50,000 yuan ($ 7,3000). He then worked as an IT engineer for five years.
It was in 1998 that Ma realized Internet would transform China and the world, and launched his own company, Shenzhen Tencent Inc. A unit of Tencent, Tencent Holdings Ltd, went public on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2004. “ China’s reform and opening provided me with a chance to grow the company,” Ma said. The country had only 3 million Internet users when QQ made its debut in 1999, but now China has around 300 million Internet users, Ma said. Hu Qiheng, chairwomen of the Internet Society of China(ISC), said reform and opening not only improved people’s living standards, but also gave them a chance to explore the outside world and a chance for the Internet to boom in the country.
It was in the late 1990s that China’s major Web portals mushroomed, including Sina, Sohu, 163, Tencent and Alibaba. That boom came to sa sudden halt when the internet bubble burst in 2000. “We were under great pressure when the Internet bubble burst. Things have only recovered since 2005,” Ma said. The IT sector was among the first batch of industries in China to experience zero-tariff treatment, meaning that the nation’s Internet sector had to face challenges from international peers.
QQ, with around 450 million users, provides services such as chatting, music, games and QQ currency-an indispensable currency in china’s virtual community. “ Chinese websites have survived the competition with foreign peers over the past ten years, but it will be the next ten years that decide Chinese Internet enterprises’ fate,” Ma said. Domestic enterprises have to compete with international companies on services, innovation and core technology, he said. One of Ma’s favorite films is March of the Penguins-a French documentary directed by Luc Jacquet. He said: “Penguin is a lovely animal to me. It is a combination of love, courage and adventurism.”
1.Which of the following is true about the founder of QQ?
A.Creating an IT company of his own had always been his dream since childhood.
B.He constantly moved from place to place when he was in his teens.
C.The instant-messaging service he created brought him not only money but also a family.
D.He worked for the Shenzhen Stock Exchange after graduation.
2.China’s reform and opening led to the following results EXCEPT_________.
A.a rise in the living standards of Chinese people
B.an opportunity for IT companies to grow
C.potential industrial competition from other countries
D.a chance for people to invest in overseas stock market
3.Which of the following events did actually take place?
A.QQ suffered from a sudden decrease in& the number of users when the Internet bubble burst in 2000.
B.QQ heped China’s Internet take flight.
C.QQ was equipped with the most advanced technology in the world when it made its debut in 1999.
D.QQ went public on the main board of the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in the late 1980s.
4.What can be inferred from the passage?
A.Sina and Sohu will develop services like chatting, music and games in order to survive the future international competition.
B.For the sake of domestic enterprises, the tariff needs to be adjusted to a higher value.
C.Ma Huateng views penguin as a lovely animal because it processes the characteristics that he does not.
D.The 50,000 yuan Ma earned from selling the stock exchange software system might be a part of his initial investment in Tencent.音节划分:holi?day
高频词,一定要记住哦!
['h?l?de?]
['hɑ:l?de?]
假日,休息日;
度假,休假
过去分词:
现在分词:
第三人称单数:
大家都在背:
1. People are having to think hard about their holiday plans.
人们现在得仔细地琢磨自己的度假计划。
来自柯林斯例句
2. Our tour prices bore little resemblance to those in the holiday brochures.
我们的旅游报价和那些度假手册里的价格相去甚远。
来自柯林斯例句
3. The trading day is shortened in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
因庆祝劳工节,这个交易日交易时间缩短了。
来自柯林斯例句
4. They are bound to take time to readjust after a holiday.
他们肯定需要时间重新适应假期结束后的生活。
来自柯林斯例句
5. New Year's Day is a public holiday throughout Britain.
元旦是全英国的公众假日。
来自柯林斯例句
1. “节日,假日;假期”释义下的同义词
其他释义下的同义词
1. “节日,假日;休息日”释义下的反义词
其他释义下的反义词
: 指按规定不工作的各种假日,时间可长可短。在英国复数形式表示较长的假期。
: 指公众庆祝、欢度的节日。
: 通常指时间较长的假期,如学校的寒暑假等。
: 主要指政府机关工作人员或军队人员获准的休假、假期。
(外出度过的)假期 A holiday is a period of time during which you relax and enjoy yourself away from home. People sometimes refer to their holiday as their holidays.&
【搭配模式】:also on/from N
【语域标签】:BRIT 英
I've just come back from a holiday in the United States...
我刚从美国度假回来。
We rang Duncan to ask where he was going on holiday...
我们打电话给邓肯,问他要去哪里度假。
Ischia is a popular seaside holiday resort...
伊斯基亚是个很受欢迎的海滨度假胜地。
in AM, use 美国英语用 vacation
公众假日;节日 A holiday is a day when people do not go to work or school because of a religious or national festival.&
【搭配模式】:usu with supp
New Year's Day is a public holiday throughout Britain...
元旦是全英国的公众假日。
He invited her to spend the Fourth of July holiday at his summer home on Fire Island...
他邀请她去自己在法尔岛上的消夏寓所过美国独立纪念日。
Bad weather has caused dozens of flight cancellations over the holiday weekend.
恶劣的天气已经导致这个连假周末数十个航班被取消。
(学校的)假期 The holidays are the time when children do not have to go to school.&
【搭配模式】:usu the N
...the first day of the school holidays.
学校放假的第一天
不可数名词
(不上班的)休假期 If you have a particular number of days' or weeks' holiday, you do not have to go to work for that number of days or weeks.&
Every worker will be entitled to four weeks' paid holiday a year.
每位工人每年都能享受4周的带薪休假。
(外出)度假 If you are holidaying in a place away from home, you are on holiday there.&
【语法信息】:V prep/adv
【语法信息】:V-ing
【搭配模式】:oft cont
Sampling the local cuisine is one of the delights of holidaying abroad...
品尝当地菜肴是海外度假的乐趣之一。
Vacant rooms on the campus were being used by holidaying families.
校园里的闲置宿舍住着一些度假的家庭。
Usage Note
Take care not to confuse holiday and holidays.
注意不要混淆 holiday 和 holidays。
The Fourth of July is the national holiday of the US.
七月四日是美国国庆日。
3. 假日,节日(尤指宗教节日或国家庆典日)
4. 节日假期(从 12 月到 1 月上旬,包括圣诞节、修殿节和新年)
1. 度假;休假
1. leisure time away from work devoted
"we get two weeks of vacation every summer"
"we took a short holiday in Puerto Rico"
2. a day on which work is suspen
"no mail is delivered on federal holidays"
"it's a good thing that New Year's was a holiday because everyone had a hangover"
1. spend or take a vacation
1.漏[铁]点
四年级下册英语单词_百度文库 ... grandpa 爷爷 holiday 假日七字母 ? ? ? ? ? ? musical 音乐的.
- 基于6227个网页
初中英语单词表 - 豆丁网 ... hole n. 洞,坑 holiday n. 假日;假期 home n. 家.
- 基于3919个网页
感恩节是美国国定假日中最地道、最美国式的节日( holiday ), 1620年,一些朝拜者乘坐&五月花&号船去美国寻求宗教自由。
- 基于3236个网页
马来签证申请表_百度文库 ... (Student/Retired 退休) 第 4 栏 (Holiday 度假) 第 5 栏 (Hotel 旅馆) 第 6 栏.
- 基于2448个网页
1. 罗马假日
《罗马假日》(Roman Holiday)作为奥黛丽o赫本一鸣惊人的处女作,不但使她成功当选奥斯卡影后,并且还在50年代掀起了“赫本热…
- 基于6370个网页
2. 罗马假期
电影罗马假期(Roman Holiday)剧情中乔就曾经把手伸进真理之口,佯装手掌被咬断,把公主吓的花容失色。中世纪时的人们认为这 …
- 基于1898个网页
1. 假日酒店
这家假日酒店(Holiday Inn)地理位置优越,去购物中心、泰式餐厅也夜市(Night Market)都非常方便。这里的自助早餐十分美味,食品种类 …
- 基于7419个网页
1. 节日快乐
圣诞节贺卡片英文怎么写_英语网 ... Merry Christmas! 圣诞快乐! Happy holidays! 节日快乐! Noel! 圣诞快乐!.
- 基于1526个网页
1. 比莉哈乐黛
例如比莉哈乐黛(Billie Holiday)或者一些阿黛尔(Adele)的歌曲。 TVC:Hemo,你呢?
- 基于2600个网页
专 辑:Holiday郑秀文专辑《Holiday》 专 辑:Holiday 歌 手:郑秀文语 言:粤语专辑1CD 公 司:华星唱片 日 期:1991.05 专辑曲目: 1.不来的季节 2.情人休息 3.情尽变 4.GO GO ADIOS 5.醉乡 6.情断维也纳 7.VALENTINO 8.FRIENDS 9.暧昧 10.告别温室 有了《郑秀文》这样一个不错的开端,从一年之后的这张《HOLIDAY》开始,郑秀文就开始积极努力尝试着不同风格的音乐作品,使她在华星的每张专辑都显得诚意十足。 开篇“不来的季节
本内容来源于
以上内容来自百度百科平台,由百度百科网友创作。
0){var rand = parseInt(Math.random() * (000)+100000);top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'))+'?renovate='+}else{top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'));};}" action="/">
查过的词自动加入生词本
Tip:此功能设置只能在登录状态下生效
需要改进的内容:
单词大小写
其他(请在下面补充描述)
错误描述:
您还可在这里补充说明下 O(∩_∩)O~
方便的话,请您留下一种联系方式,便于问题的解决:

我要回帖

更多关于 working holiday 的文章

随机推荐