he___to play nowsports,but now he is interested in

I used to be afraid of the dark_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者
评价文档:
I used to be afraid of the dark
初​三​U​n​i​t ​ ​I​ ​u​s​e​d​ ​t​o​ ​b​e​ ​a​f​r​a​i​d​ ​o​f​ ​t​h​e​ ​d​a​r​k​课​件
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:10.15MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢如题 1."Where is Mary?" "She __________ to school." A.will go B.has been C.has gone D.went 2 .He as well as his students,____________interested in sports.A.are B.is C.were D.was.3.It was going to rain just now;____________,it is clear now.A.but B_作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
如题 1."Where is Mary?" "She __________ to school." A.will go B.has been C.has gone D.went 2 .He as well as his students,____________interested in sports.A.are B.is C.were D.was.3.It was going to rain just now;____________,it is clear now.A.but B
如题 1."Where is Mary?" "She __________ to school." A.will go B.has been C.has gone D.went 2 .He as well as his students,____________interested in sports.A.are B.is C.were D.was.3.It was going to rain just now;____________,it is clear now.A.but B.for C.however D.therefore 4.Not only he but also we ____________ pop music very much.A.like B.likes C.has likes D.liking 5.When I was a child,my teacher told me that the earth ________D____round.A.was B.had been C.has been D.is 6.It is Friday today.My parents and I ____________New York on Saturday.A.are flying to B.shall be fly for C.have flown to D.will be flying for
1,C 2,B 3,C 4,A 5,D 6,A小题1:B小题2:D小题3:A小题4:D小题5:B小题6:C小题7:A小题8:C小题9:D小题10:C小题11:C小题12:B小题13:A小题14:D小题15:C小题16:D小题17:A小题18:C小题19:B小题20:B小题1:答案 B解析 根据常识可以确定。小题2:答案 D解析 depend on依赖,依靠,取决于……。好奇本身并无对错可言,其好坏由人们所好奇的事情来决定。下文就好事和坏事两方面作了阐述。小题3:答案 A解析 有的人对邻居的生活琐事充满了好奇。be full of充满……,符合语境。小题4:答案 D解析 be anxious to do sth.为固定结构,表示“急切地想做某事”。小题5:答案 B解析 与空后的“taking outside”相反,表示带回家来。小题6: C解析 由句中的“so early or late”来看,是要探究回家这样早或晚的原因,用其他的连词句意不通。小题7:答案 A解析 这种好奇明显很愚蠢、愚昧。小题8:答案 C解析 这些琐事根本不重要。小题9:答案 D解析 none of one’s business是习语,意思是“不关某人的事”。小题10:答案 C解析 something某些事情,符合语境。nothing没有东西,不存在的事情;all一切;everything每件事。小题11:答案 C解析 这种无聊的好奇不仅很蠢,而且很有害处。小题12:答案 B解析 lead to引发,导致,符合语境。refer to提到,涉及到,在此意思不通;C、D两项为及物动词,后不接介词to。小题13:答案 A解析 这种流言最终会对人的感情、情绪造成伤害(hurt)。小题14:答案 D解析 同前面所提到的“愚蠢而又伤人”的好奇正好相反的是“意图和出发点高尚的(noble)”好奇。小题15:答案 C解析 wonder at对……感到好奇,A、B、D三项皆为及物动词,后不接介词at。小题16:答案 D解析 此句中they can后省略了find out,为定语从句,修饰前面的all。小题17: A解析 若没有好奇心,哥伦布永远不会发现美洲大陆(该句为虚拟语气)。小题18: C解析 见上题解析。小题19: B解析 同样,瓦特若没有好奇心就不会发明蒸汽机。小题20: B解析 人类历史上的所有发明或发现都是好奇的结果。as a result of作为……的结果,符合语境。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Plants may not have eyes and ears,but they can recognize their siblings (兄弟姐妹),and researchers at the University of Delaware have discovered how.The ID system lies in the roots and the chemical signals they secrete (分泌).Canadian researchers published that sea rocket,a common seashore plant,can recognize its siblings.Susan Dudley observed that when siblings are grown next to each other in the soil,they “play nice” and don’t send out more roots to compete.However,the moment one of the plants is thrown in with strangers,it begins competing with them by rapidly growing more roots to take up the water and mineral nutrients in the soil.After reading Dudley’s study,Bais decided to find the method behind the sibling recognition.Working in his laboratory,Bais and his doctoral student Meredith Biedrzycki set up a study with wild populations of Arabidopsis thaliana.In a series of experiments,young seedlings were exposed to liquid media containing the root secretions from siblings,from strangers,or only their own secretions.The length of the longest lateral (侧面的) root was measured.The exposure of plants to the root secretions of strangers induced (引诱) greater lateral root formation than exposure of plants to sibling secretions.Strangers planted next to each other are often shorter,because so much of their energy is directed at root growth.Because siblings aren’t competing against each other,their roots are often much shallower (浅的).Biedrzycki did the painstaking laboratory research,observing more than 3,000 plants involved in the study every day for seven continuous days and documenting the root patterns.“Arabidopsis roots are nearly translucent (半透明的) when they are young and were also twisted when I removed them from plates,”Biedrzycki notes.“This manuscript (手稿) is very important for my research since the focus of my thesis project is understanding the biochemical ways behind root secretions.”The research also may have implications for the home gardener.“Often we’ll put plants in the ground next to each other and when they don’t do well,we blame the local garden center where we bought them or we attribute their failure to a germ,”Bais says.“But maybe there’s more to it than that.”小题1:Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?A.A Great Biology ResearcherB.Plants Recognize Their SiblingsC.Plants’ Roots and SecretionsD.A Research on Plants小题2:What encouraged Bais to study the sibling recognition?A.Sea rocket.B.Plants’ sensing system.C.Biedrzycki’s thesis project.D.Dudley’s study.小题3:What does the underlined word “painstaking” in Paragraph 4 probably mean?A.Important.B.Adventurous.C.Careful.D.Hard&working.小题4:What can we infer from the last paragraph?A.The local garden center should be blamed when plants can’t grow well.B.The local garden center often sells low quality seeds to customers.C.Plants in the home garden can’t grow well because of the germ and seeds.D.Competing against strangers,plants in the home garden can’t grow well.
How many times have you got upset because someone wasn’t doing his job,because your child isn’t behaving?How many times have you been irritated (恼怒的) when you’ve planned something carefully and things didn’t go as you’d hoped?This kind of anger and irritation happens to all of us—it’s part of the human experiences.One thing that irritates me is when people talk during a movie,or cut me off in traffic.Actually,I have a lot of these little annoyances—don’t we all?And it isn’t always easy to find peace when you’ve become upset or irritated.Let me tell you a little secret to finding peace of mind:see_the_glass_as_already_broken.See,the cause of our stress,anger and irritation is that things don’t go the way we like,the way we expect them to.Think of how many times this has been true for you.And so the solution is simple:expect things to go wrong,expect things to be different than we hoped or planned,expect the unexpected to happen.And accept it.One quick example:on our recent trip to Japan,I told my kids to expect things to go wrong—they always do&& on a trip.I told them,“See it as part of the adventure.”And this worked like a charm.When we inevitably (不可避免地) took the wrong train on a foreign&language subway system,or when it rained on the day we went to Disney Sea,or when we took three trains and walked 10 blocks only to find the National Children’s Castle closed on Mondays...they said,“It’s part of the adventure!” And it was all OK—we didn’t get too bothered.So when the nice glass you bought inevitably falls and breaks some day,you might get upset.But things will be different,if you see the glass as already broken,from the day you get it.You know it’ll break some day,so from the beginning,see it as already broken.Be a time&traveler,or someone with time&traveling vision,and see the future of this glass,from this moment until it inevitably breaks.And when it breaks,you won’t be upset or sad—because it was already broken,from the day you got it.And you’ll realize that every moment you have with it is precious.小题1:The author would probably agree that________.A.we should control our anger and irritationB.we must get well prepared for the futureC.optimism can help us overcome our anger and irritationD.anger and irritation is a natural part of our life小题2:The purpose of the author is to________.A.tell us his own experience in lifeB.advise us how to find peace of mindC.tell us a happy trip he took with his childrenD.ask us to see things from both sides小题3:By the underlined part (in Para.4),the author tells us& to________.A.get ready for the worst result of thingsB.enjoy the process of thingsC.expect little from lifeD.find the relationship between cause and effect小题4:We can learn from the passage that the author________.A.often gets angry in his lifeB.can adjust his state of mind accordinglyC.always expects others to act in his wayD.always suffers from his anger and irritation
题型:完形填空
Angelina Jolie says she has a really wonderful time with her partner Brad Pitt,who is an American actor and film producer—and that’s why they’re still together!Jolie ____ six children with the actor.She was ____ by America’s Parade magazine if their children are the ____ she and Brad stay together.“The children certainly tie us together,but a relationship won’t ___ if it’s only about the kids,” Jolie replied.“You also must be really interested in each other and have a really,really wonderful,____ time together.We do.Brad and I ____ being together.We enjoy it.We need it,and we____ find that special time.We keep connected.We talk about it.It’s very ____ to our family.If Brad and I are strong and happy,then our kids have happy ____ and that’s the best thing we can give them.Brad knows me completely,____ as I am,every part of me.He loves me.The kids love me.Hopefully I’m giving my children the ____ that they are deeply loved and deeply safe.At the same time we are hopefully ____ their individuality (个性) as they get to know who they are,and not getting in the way of that.That’s why they are six very strong individuals.”The Oscar&winning star showed ____ of helping her children develop their individuality is ____ them to develop their own identities (自我认同感),____ she admitted that she can’t ____ the recent controversy(争论) with Brad when she agreed that her daughter Shiloh could cut her hair short and ____ like a boy.For example,she usually wears a jacket instead of a skirt.Angelina added to ____,“She wants her hair cut like a boy and she wants to be ____ John for a while.Some kids wear caps and want to be Superman and she wants to be like her ___.”小题1:A.finds B.teachesC.raisesD.hires小题2:A.writtenB.reportedC.stoppedD.asked小题3:A.reasonB.intentionC.purposeD.result小题4:A.breakB.holdC.loseD.happen小题5:A.boringB.disappointingC.excitingD.surprising小题6:A.loveB.avoidC.hateD.consider小题7:A.neverB.seldomC.alwaysD.sometimes小题8:A.easyB.differentC.farD.important小题9:A.parentsB.classmatesC.relativesD.neighbors小题10:A.mostlyB.onlyC.exactlyD.simply小题11:A.knowledgeB.senseC.sightD.view小题12:A.changingB.formingC.encouragingD.destroying小题13:.A.little B.noneC.allD.part小题14:A.forcingB.allowingC.warningD.refusing小题15:A.andB.thoughC.becauseD.but小题16:.A.rememberB.explainC.realizeD.understand小题17:A.walkB.dressC.eatD.think小题18:A.doctorsB.playersC.readersD.reporters小题19:A.mistakenB.calledC.recognized D.made小题20:A.brothersB.sistersC.uncles D.aunts
A job is more than just a job,especially to the older generation.“It’s not the money that matters,but the sense of self&worth,” 56&year&old Cheng Wonlan said.So,every day Ms Cheng carries a bag of parcels,letters and documents of all shapes and sizes and does her rounds in North Point.She’s a courier(快递人员).Five years ago,Ms Cheng was a nurse at a private clinic.She had worked there for almost 30 years but was made jobless when the doctor migrated(移居).It was extremely difficult for her to find another job.“People do not trust my ability when they learn how old I am,” she said.After two years of searching,the mother of two eventually found another nursing job.But then after two years,she quit.Why?“My colleagues were young and they didn’t understand me because of my age.They often asked me,‘You are so old;what are you working for?’ I was very unhappy.” she said.So while the rest of her family left for work,she was left to lonely boredom at home.The urge to work drove her to suffering.Then,one of Ms Cheng’s neighbours told her about Employee’s Retraining Board (ERB) offering retraining courses for older people on specific occupations,such as convenience store assistants,junior clerks and so on.“I was interested in courier work.I didn’t think my age was a barrier because I was fit and healthy.So I thought why not give it a try.” she said.Upon graduation from the ERB,Ms Cheng was offered a job by the Speeding Shuttle Courier Service Company Limited.But then Ms Cheng was faced with a conflict:she was caught between honour and employment.It took Ms Cheng 24 hours to make up her mind and eventually came to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong or embarrassing about doing the job.So she took heart and went off to work as a courier.Ms Cheng’s employer is delighted with her,“Ms Cheng has been working with us for two months and has shown a good responsible attitude to work.”Anthony Chong,who runs the company,said.Currently,Mr Chong has 60 couriers working for his company:five of them are over fifty,four of whom have been through the ERB plan.Mr Chong said he hired older people because they were able and reliable.“Age is not an important factor but attitude is.Many old people are more capable than the youngsters.They will not run from difficulties but the young ones will,” he said.“It is not easy to recruit (招募) young people since they shy away from hardship and challenges.”小题1:Why was it difficult for Ms Cheng to find another nursing job?A.Nursing clinics were hard to find.B.People thought that old people couldn’t be trusted.C.People thought she was too old to take on a new job.D.People didn’t think she had enough working experience.小题2:Ms Cheng left her second nursing job because ________.A.she was boredB.it was too difficultC.she was too old to do the jobD.the other staff made her feel uncomfortable小题3:Employee’s Retraining Board is a plan for ________.A.finding jobs for older peopleB.teaching new skills to older peopleC.training older people to be couriersD.giving older people something to do in their spare time小题4:When Ms Cheng was offered the courier job she ________.A.took it straight awayB.thought it over and then accepted itC.thought about it and then refused itD.refused it straight away but then changed her mind
Why do we laugh and get amusement from so many different things,from puns (双关语) to pratfalls? Why are some things funny to some people and not to others? How is that while a successful joke can cause pleasure,a sick one can cause serious harm?Over the centuries,various scholars have attempted to produce a universally agreed-upon theory of humor.Plato and Aristotle introduced the superiority(优越感) theory,the idea that people laugh at the misfortune of others.Their theory seems to explain teasing,but it doesn’t work well for knock-knock jokes.Sigmund Freud argued for his relief theory,the concept that humor is a way for people to release psychological tension and reveal their inner fears and desires.His theory works well for dirty jokes,less well for most puns.The majority of humor expels today agree with the incongruity theory,the idea that humor arises when there’s a gap between what people expect to happen and what actually happens.Incongruity has a lot going for it — jokes with unexpected funny lines,for example,fit well.But scientists have found that in comedy,unexpectedness is overvalued.With the goal of developing a new,more satisfactory explanation,I produced “the gentle violation(违背)theory”,the idea that humor arises when something seems wrong or threatening,but is actually OK or safe.A dirty joke,for example,trades on moral or social violations,but it’s only going to get a laugh if the person listening is open enough to consider the subject OK to talk about.Similarly,puns can be seen as linguistic violations that still make grammatical sense.And while most humor theories have struggled to account for tickling (挠痒痒),or just avoided the phenomenon altogether,my theory accounts for even this kind of laughter.Tickling involves violating someone’s physical space in a gentle way.People can’t tickle themselves — because it isn’t a violation.小题1:What is the author’s attitude towards Plato and Aristotle’s theory?A.Critical.B.ApprovingC.uncaringD.Unclear小题2:According to Sigmund Freud’s theory,we can infer that __________ .A.people will laugh when they see others sufferB.telling dirty jokes is a relief of one’s nervous feelings ’C.unexpectedness can explain how humor worksD.tickling doesn’t involve psychological tension小题3:According to the author,why are some things funny to some people but not to others?A.Because the sense of humor varies greatly from person to person.B.Because people have different expectations for the same thing.C.Because some people lack the sense of safety deep in their heart.D.Because people’s understanding of violation is different.小题4:What is the author’s main purpose of writing this passage?A.To draw people’s attention to the research of humor.B.To criticize people’s misconceptions about humor.C.To explain what exactly causes people to laugh.D.To prove the sense of humor can be developed.
In my early childhood, my parents and teachers taught me to be persistent (执着) in every task I devoted myself to. I was&& ____& that persistence is the only way towards success. But a small&& ____& made me change my mind.One day my two&year&old son,&& ___&& at a dozen of “stood” color marker&pens, cheered excitedly,“Mummy, look! I did it.” Afterwards, he collected some ball&pens,&& ____& to do the same. Hard though he tried, the ball&pens just lay& ____. He turned to me for help. Noticing they had either sharp or round ends, I said&& ____, “Mummy can't help you.” To my surprise, he wouldn't listen and continued trying... I was dumbfounded by his persistence.My son's behaviour reminded me of George who was always&& ____& in his work and rarely talked to anyone. To him,&& ____, there was no such thing called weekends or holidays. Our boss praised&& __& about him and&& ___& us to look up to him as a role model.One day I met George. “Gonna work late again tonight?”“Probably can't leave till midnight,” he said.“How many hours have you put in here each week, eighty or ninety?”“____.”“Don't you have time to be with your family at all?”He shook his head slowly and&& ____& a sigh. “It's not what I wanted. But I have worked on it for so long. It's much too& ____& to even think about letting go.”A year later I resigned. The& ____& thing I heard about him was that his wife divorced him. Since then I've never seen him. But occasionally his aged&& ____& would come to my mind.Until that day,& ____& knowing why the ball&pens couldn't stand up, the two&year&old had&& ____& the impossibility after many failures. He put aside all the ball&pens and kept only those water markers for his “game”.&& ___, he already learned to let go of his previous&& ____ attempts.In our daily life, many headaches can be avoided if we know how to&& ____& them and then decisively let go of them immediately.小题1:A.confidentB.consistentC.consciousD.convinced小题2:A.eventB.incidentC.accidentD.affair小题3:A.pointingB.shoutingC.screamingD.laughing小题4:A.insistingB.requiringC.intendingD.urging小题5:A.flatB.silentC.stillD.quiet小题6:A.deliberatelyB.casuallyC.unintentionallyD.enthusiastically小题7:A.interestedB.busyC.devotedD.buried小题8:A.thereforeB.howeverC.otherwiseD.though小题9:A.highB.highlyC.wellD.much小题10:A.promisedB.demandedC.inspiredD.appealed小题11:A.At randomB.At timesC.At mostD.At least小题12:A.let offB.let outC.sent offD.sent out小题13:A.encouragingB.comfortableC.painfulD.ashamed小题14:A.latterB.laterC.lastD.lately小题15:A.pictureB.figureC.reflectionD.image小题16:A.forB.withC.withoutD.besides小题17:A.receivedB.acceptedC.refusedD.rejected小题18:A.GenerallyB.EventuallyC.AdditionallyD.Obviously小题19:A.uselessB.endlessC.hopefulD.meaningful小题20:A.clarifyB.distinguishC.identifyD.acknowledge
The Swiss army knife is a popular device that is recognized all over the world. In Switzerland, there is a saying that every good Swiss citizen has one in his or her pocket. But the knife had poor beginnings.In the late nineteenth century, the Swiss army issued(发给) its soldiers a gun that required a special screwdriver(螺丝刀) to take it apart and clean it. At the same time, canned food was becoming common in the army. Swiss generals decided to issue each soldier a standard knife to serve both as a screwdriver and a can opener.It was a lifesaver for Swiss knife makers, who were struggling to compete with cheaper German imports. In 1884, Carl Elsener, head of the Swiss knife manufacturer(maker) Victorinox, seized that opportunity with both hands, and designed a soldier's knife that the army loved. It was a simple knife with one big blade(刀片), a can opener, and a screwdriver.A few years after the soldier's knife was issued, the "Schweizer Offizier Messer," or Swiss Officer's Knife, came on the market. Interestingly, the Officer's Knife was never given to those serving in the army. The Swiss army purchasers considered the new model with a corkscrew(瓶塞钻) for opening wine not "essential for survival," so officers had to buy this new model by themselves. But its special multi-functional design later launched(发行) the knife as a global brand. After the Second World War, a great number of American soldiers were stationed in Europe. And as they could buy the Swiss army knife at shops on army bases, they bought huge quantities of them. However, it seems that "Schweizer Offizier Messer" was too difficult for them to say, so they just called it the Swiss army knife, and that is the name it is now known by all over the world.小题1:What is the main purpose of the passage&?A.To explain the origin of the Swiss army knife.B.To introduce the functions of the Swiss army knife.C.To emphasize the importance of the Swiss army knife.D.To tell a story about the designer of the Swiss army knife.小题2:What does "It" in the third paragraph refer to&?A.The Swiss army needed a knife for every soldier.B.Every good Swiss citizen had a knife in his pocket.C.Swiss knives were competing with imported knives.D.Canned food was becoming popular in the Swiss army.小题3:Why didn't the Swiss army purchase the Swiss Officer's Knife&?A.The design of the knife was too simple.B.The knife was sold out to American soldiers.C.The army had no budget to make the purchase.D.The new design was not considered necessary for officers to own.小题4:Who gave the name "the Swiss army knife" to the knife discussed in the passage&?A.Carl Elsener.B.Swiss generals.C.American soldiers.D.German businessmen.
Many animals recognize their food because they see it. So do&&&&&&&&. When you see an apple or a piece of chocolate you know that these are things you can eat. You can also use other&&&&&&&&&when you choose your food. You may&&&&&&&&&it because it smells good or because it&&&&&&&&&good. You may dislike some types of food because they do not look, smell or taste very nice.Different&&&&&&&&&use different senses to find and choose their food. A few animals depend on only one of their senses, while most animals use more than one sense.Although there are many&&&&&&&&&types of food, some animals spend their lives eating only one type. The giant panda eats only one &&&&&&&&type of bamboo. Other animals eat only one type of food even when given the &&&&&&. A kind of white butterfly will stay on the leaves of a cabbage, even though there are plenty of other&&&&&&&&in the garden. However, most animals have a more&&&&&&&&&diet. The bear eats fruits and fish. The fox eats small animals, birds and fruits. The&&&&&&&&&of these animals will be different depending on the season.&&&&&&&have a very varied diet. We often eat food because we like it and not because it is &&&&&&for us. In countries such as France and Britain, people eat foods with too much&&&&&&&&. This makes them overweight, which is bad for their health. Eating too much red meat and animal&&&&&&&&, such as butter, can also be bad for the health. Choosing the right food, therefore, has become an area of study in modem life.小题1:A.malesB.childrenC.humansD.adults小题2:A.organsB.sensesC.partsD.means小题3:A.hateB.sellC.likeD.fancy小题4:A.digestsB.consumesC.touchesD.tastes小题5:A.creaturesB.mammalsC.peopleD.animals小题6:A.differentB.rareC.familiarD.unique小题7:A.typicalB.particularC.specialD.unusual小题8:A.foodB.mealC.choiceD.diet小题9:A.flowersB.vegetablesC.fruitsD.branches小题10:A.variedB.creativeC.randomD.nutritious小题11:A.fishB.fruitC.dietD.insect小题12:A.AnimalsB.ChineseC.HumansD.Foreigners小题13:A.effectiveB.beneficialC.deliciousD.attractive小题14:A.sugarB.nicotineC.fiberD.alcohol小题15:A.productsB.attachmentsC.goodsD.subscriptions

我要回帖

更多关于 but its over now 的文章

随机推荐