Unlikemy fellow americanss,who seem to prefer coffee,the English (drinks) a great deal of tea.

作者:洪恩英语&&【字体:&&】【颜色:&&&】&
1.When Linda was a child, her mother always let her have ______ bed.a. the breakfast in&&& b. the breakfast in the&&& c. breakfast in&&& d. breakfast in the
2.He has promised to give up ______ hundreds of times.a. a tobacco&&& b. tobacco&&& c. the tobacco&&& d. tobaccos
3._____ usually go to church every Sunday.a. The Brown&&& b. A Brown&&& c. Browns&&& d. The Browns
4. The train is running fifty miles ______.a. an hour&&& b. one hour&&& c. the hour&&& d. a hour
5. He can play almost every kind of music instrument but he is good ______.a. at the flute&&&& b. at flute&&&& c. at a flute&&&& d. at that flute
6. The investigators found that more should be done for ______ in India.a. those poor&&& b. a poor&&& c. poor&&& d. the poor
7. You look in high spirit. You must have ______ during your holiday.a. wonderful time&& b.& a wonderful time&& c. the wonderful time&& d. some wonderful time
8. The city assigned a policeman to the school crossing because ______ traffic there was so heavy.a. a&&&& b. an&&& c. the&&& d. one
9. A new teacher was sent to the village in place of ______ one who had retired.a. a&&&&&& b. the&&& c. an&&& d. its
10. Virtue and______ leads you to happiness,______ to misery.a. the former…latter&&&&&& b. a former…a latter& c. the former…the latter&& d. former…latter
11.The children in the kinder-garden soon took ______ to their teachers.a. quite fancy& b. a quite fancy&&& c. quite a fancy&&& d. the quite fancy
12.______ tend to bemoan the lack of character in the young generation.a. The old&&& b. Old&&& c. Elderly&&& d. Older
13. A man suffering from a chock should be given ______.a. hot sweet tea&& b. a hot sweet tea& c. the hot sweet tea&& d. one hot sweet tea
14.He answered my questions with ______ not to be expected of an ordinary schoolboy.a. his accuracy&& b. a accuracy&&& c. the accuracy&&& d. an accuracy
15. If you go by train you can have quite ______ comfortable journey.a.the&&& b. one&& c. a&& d. that
16. We’re going to ______ with ______ today, aren’t we?a. the tea…the Smiths&& b. tea…those Smiths&&& c. a tea…a Smith&& d. tea…the Smiths
17. I want an assistant with ______ knowledge of French and ______ experience of office routine.a.the…the&&& b. a…the&& c. a…an&& d. the…an
18. Ann’s habit of riding a motorcycle up and down the road early in the morning annoyed the neighbors and ______ they took her to the court.a. in the end&&& b. at the end&&& c. in an end&&& d. in end
19. It is reported that today ______ president will have lunch with ______ President Omon.a. the…the&&& b. a…a&&& c. the…/&&& d. /…/
20. Tianan Men Square and ______ Great Wall are tow of the places everyone should see in ______ People’s Republic of China.a. the…the&& b. /…/&& c. the…/&&& d. /…the
21. It has long been known that there is an electric field ______.a. inside the earth&& b. inside earth&& c. inside an earth&& d. on earth
22.______ much harder work, the volunteers were able to place the raging forest fire______.a. By the means of…under the control&&&& b. By means of…under controlc.By means of…under a control&&&&&&&&& d. By a means of…under control
23. No sooner had the man departed than the tree began dropping coffee beans ______.a. by the thousand&&& b. by a thousand&&& c. by thousands&&& d. by thousand
24. He expressed ______ of their having ever been married.a. the doubt&&& b. a doubt&&& c. doubt&&& d. an doubt
25. He saw through the little boy’s tricks ______.a. at glance&& b. at the glance&&& c. at some glance&& d. at a glance
26. Their victory is ______,for they’ve lost too many men.a. out of question&& b. out of the question&& c. out question&& d. of question
27. Many a girl wants to become ______.a. some secretary&&& b. a secretary&&& c. secretary&&& d. secretaries
28. He grabbed me ______ and pulled me onto the bus.a. a arm&& b. an arm&& c. the arm&& d. by the arm
29. I’ll come in ______ in fact I’ll come ______ moment I’m through.a./…the&&&& b. a…the&&& c. the…a&&& d. /…/30. This is one of ______ interesting books on your subject.a. the most&& b. the most of the&&& c. most&& d. most of the
31. He enjoys life ______ the “Queen Anne”.a. on a board&& b . on board&& c. in the board&&& d. board
32. He lost his fob and ______ his wife left him.a. on that top&& b. on top of that&& c. on a top of that&& d. on the top
33. Most of the representatives think that ______ the meeting was very successful.a. on whole of&& b. on a whole&& c. on the whole&& d. on the whole that
34. Under no circumstances will there be wage control while I am ______ of the government.a. the head&& b. a head&& c. head&& d. that head
35. Like his sister, David needed ______ from some generous person in order to get home.a. a ride&& b. some ride&& c. ride&& d. the ride
36. The brain’s left hemisphere controls logic and language, while ______controls intuitive talents and musical ability.a. the right&&& b. a right&& c. that right&&& d. right one
37.______ is setting up a research team to see how children react to video games.a. The Japan’s Health Ministry&&&&& b. Japan’s health Ministryc. A Japan’s health Ministry&&&&&&& d. Japan health Ministry
38. Unlike Americans, who seem to prefer coffee,______ a great deal of tea.a. English drink&&& b. The English drink&& c. English man drink&& d. the English drinks
39. Hundreds of people are ______ now, so there are about 50 people trying for the same position.a. out of the work&& b. out work&& c. out of work&& d. out of a work
40. His mother taught ______ ,but his father was only a blue-collar worker.a. piano&& b. an piano&& c. the piano&& d. a piano
41. Contrary to what I had expected, he lost for ______.a. second time&&& b. a second time&& c. second times&&& d. the second time
42. Fashions change and people change too, but the old feeling remains ______.a. the same&& b. same&& c. that same&&& d. as same
43. We are going to dine tomorrow with ______ to celebrate Christmas Day.a. the Cunning&& b. Cunnings&& c. The Cunnings&& d. Cunning’s
44. This is ______ which is collected before the first rain in Spring.a. one tea&&& b. a tea&&& c. the tea&&& d. that tea
45.______ is known by its note,______ is known by his talk.a. A bird/a man&&& b. One bird/one man&&& c. The bird/the man&&& d. Bird/man
46. Never travel with ______ who leaves you in case of danger.a. the friend&&& b. that friend&&& c. a friend&&& d. friend
47. Do you think it possible for the North Pole to have ______ a few thousand years from now?a. Shanghai&& b. a Shanghai&&& c. the Shanghai&&& d. one Shanghai
48. I don’t think ______ is a better car than our makes.a. a Ford&&& b. Ford’s&&& c. the Ford&&&& d. Ford
49. I didn’t know why he looked angry when I patted him ______.a. on the head&&& b. on head&&& c. on a head&&& d. on his head
50. He never fails to give you ______ when you are in trouble.a. his helping hands&& b. the helping hand&& c. helping hands&& d. a helping hand
51. The historical events of that period are arranged ______.a. in alphabetical order&&&&&& b. in an alphabetical orderc. in the alphabetical orders&& d. in a alphabetical orders
52. The like to take a vacation ______.a. one time the year&&& b. one time in a year&&& c. once a year&&& d. once in a year
53.“What is Todger?” “He is ______.”a. a poet and novelist&&&& b. a poet and a novelistc. poet and novelist&&&&& d. the poet and novelist
54.“How did you pay the workers?”“As a rule, they are paid ______.”a. by an your&&& b. by the hour&&&& c. by a hour&&& d. by hours
55.The DMZ extends about two hundred kilometers ______.a. from east to west&&&&&&&&&&&&& b. from the east to west&& c. from the east to the west&&&&& d. from eastern to western
56.What ______ are you planning to buy?a. make of car&&& b. make of the car&&& c. make of a car&&& d. make of cars
57.______,you can’t fool her.a. The child though Rowena is&&&&& b. Though child Rowena isc. As child Rowena is&&&&&&&&&&&&& d. Child as Rowena is
58.What’s ______ is to get information about the situation first.a. the wisest&&& b. a wisest&&& c. the wiser&&& d. wisest
59.The differences between ______ are gradually being eliminated.a. the town and the country&&&&&& b. town and countryc. a town and a country&&&&&&&&&& d. a town and the country
60.Scientists hope to send an expedition to Mars during ______.a. the 1990s&&&& b. the 1990&&& c. 1990s&&& d. 1990’s
本文已被阅读9888次&&&文章来源:&&&添加时间:&&&【】【】&
&□上一篇:&
&□下一篇:&已经没有了
&&&&热门文章列表
&&&&相关文章列表
版权所有 Copyright & 2006
Powered by AdoijaY QQ:
&金陵科技学院 [网虫工作室]&您现在的位置:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&文章内容
快捷导航:
1999年6月英语三级考试真题及答案
来源:考试大&&&&&【考试大:你最值得信赖的考试顾问】&&日
32. ____ was pointed above, this substance can be used as a substitute.&& A. It&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. That& C. What&&&&&&&&&&&& D. As&& 33. I couldn’t find peter, ____did I know where he had gone.& A. never&&&&&&& B. either& C. nor&&&&&& D. as& 34. If I say I don’t think much of this book, this means that ____& A. I never read it&&&&&&&& B. I seldom think about it& C. I have no idea of it&&&& D. I have a poor opinion of it& 35. When you this over with her, you should not see her any more.& A. talk&&&&&&&& B. talked& &C. will talk&&&& D. talking& 36. The ____ flowers were all that remained.& A. two yellow little&&&& B. little two yellow& C. yellow two little&&&&& D. two little yellow& 37. The Olympic Committee has drawn up strict rules for the sportsmen to____.& A. go by&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. go on& C. go over&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. go after& 38. I’m far from ______with what you have done.& A. pleased&&&&&&&&&& B. pleasing& C. pleasure&&&&&&&&&& D. please& 39. The ability _____is very important for any speaker.& A. to hear clearly B. to be ~clearly heard& C. to hearing clearly D. to being clearly heard& 40. ____ she finds out that you’ve lost her books.& A. As if B. Even if& C. What if D. Suppose that& 41. Dr. Robert went to New York, bought some books and ____& A. visiting his daughter B. to visit his daughter& C. visit his daughter D. visited his daughter& 42. Are you serious in ____ such a view?& A. putting on&&&&& B. putting off& C. putting up&&&&& D. putting forward& 43. The plane crashed, its bombs ____ as it hit the ground.& A. exploded&&&&& B. were exploded& C. exploding&&&&& D. were exploding& 44. You should be content ― what you have.& A. to B. about& C. with D. for& 45. “Do you like to ride on the old bus to school?” Yes, I prefer it _____.”& A. to walk B. to walking& C. walking D. having walked& 46. My vacation begins next Tuesday, ____ I will leave for Florida.& A. which B. that& C. while D. when& 47. Can you tell me ____ about the city that makes people love it so much?& A. it is what&&&&&&&&& B. what it is& C. what is it&&&&&&&& D. is it what&&&& 48. Though he is very intelligent, he is ____ rather modest.& A. hence&&&&&&&&&&& B. otherwise& &C. nevertheless&&&&&& D. therefore&&&& 49. Lack of imagination is an obstacle ____ one’s advancement.&&&& &A. to&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. of& &C. for&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. about& 50. If you can provide the wine, I’ll ____ the food.& A. see to&&&&&&&&&&&& B. look at& C. ask for&&&&&&&&&&& D. think about& 51.He was fully ____ of his own shortcomings.& A. sensitive&&&&&&&&&&& B. sensible& C. serious&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sincere& 52. The magnificent museum is said______ about a hundred years ago.& A. to be built&&&&&&&&& B. to have been built& C. to have built&&&&&&& D. to have being built& 53. Not once ____ your sentence correctly.& A. You have copied&&&&& B. did you have copied& C. have you copied&&&&&& D. have you been copied& 54. That mountain village can’t be _______by telephone yet.& A. reached&&&&&&&&&&&& B. achieved& C. attached&&&&&&&&&&&& D. arrived& 55. Problems will__________ if you do it this way.& A. rise&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. arise&& C. raise&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. arouse& 56. _______many people prefer coffee, he drinks tea as usual.& A. While&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. besides of& C. because of&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Except& 57.Don’t risk______ the job which so many people want.& A. losing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. to lose& C. lost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. your life to lose& 58. His mother insisted that he ____ the coat when going out.& A. put on&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. puts on& C. to put&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. putting on& 59. They have done things they ought ____& A. not to do&&&&&&&&&&& B. not to be done& C. not to have done&&&&& D. not having done&& 60. There is nothing we can do ____ wait.& A. but&&&&&&&&&&& B. Rather than& C. In spite of&&&&& D. besides& Part III Identification (10%)& Directions: Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A, B, C, and D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.& 61. This morning I got up late, so I came to school ten minutes later.& A&& B& C D& 62. A good artist like a good engineer learns as many from his mistakes as from successes.& A B&& C&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D& 63. This is the sportsman whom everyone says will win the first prize at the Winter Olympic Games.& A B C&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D& 64. Unlike Americans who seem to prefer coffee, the English drinks a great deal of tea.& A B C&&&&&& D& 65. Convincing that they were trying to poison him, he refused to eat anything.& A B C&&&& D& 66. Would you mind waiting a moment for me? My work will be finished at no time.& A B&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C&& D& &&&& 67. He will not borrow you the money even if you ask.& A& B C&& D& 68. It is important that she goes to see the doctor immediately.& &A B C D& 69. You have heard from him since last month, have you?& &&&& A B C&&& D& 70. Walking in the street, the cars and buses are running like streams.& & A B& C&& D&
来源:考试大-
责编:qinqin&&&
&考试大网校:
暂无跟贴,欢迎您发表意见
考试大英语三级考试一周评论排行
1.&&评论4358条
2.&&评论216条
3.&&评论181条
4.&&评论158条
5.&&评论155条
6.&&评论118条
网校免费试听
主讲:申骏
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10您的位置:&&&&&&&&& & 正文
1999年6月成人三级真题
  北京地区(日)
  College English Test
  Part I Reading Comprehension (40%)
  Directions There are four Passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
  Passage 1
  Questions 1 to 5 are based on the following passage.
  "High tech" and "state of the art" are two expressions that describe very modern technology. High tech is just a shorter way of saying high technology. And high technology describes any invention, system of device that uses the newest ideas or discoveries of science and engineering. What is high tech? A computer is high tech. So is a communications satellite. A modern manufacturing(生产) system is surely high tech. High tech became a popular expression in the United States during the early l980's. Because of improvements in technology, people could buy many new kinds of products in American stores, such as home computers, microwave(微波) ovens, etc.
  "State of the art" is something that is as modern as possible. It is a product that is based on the very latest methods and technology. Something that is "state of the art" is the newest possible design or product of a business or industry. A state of the art television set, for example, uses the most modern electronic design and parts. It is the best that one can buy.
  "State of the art" is not a new expression. Engineers have used it for years, to describe the best and most modern way of doing something. Millions of Americans began to use the expression in the late 1970's. The reason was the computer revolution. Every computer company claimed that its computers were "state of the art".
  Computer technology changed so fast that a state of the art computer today might be old tomorrow. The expression "state of the art" became common and popular as computers themselves. Now all kinds of products are said to be "state of the art".
  1. What is the purpose of the passage?
  A. To tell how "high tech" and "state of the art" have developed.
  B. To give examples of "high tech".
  C. To tell what "high tech" and "state of the" are.
  D. To describe very modern technology.
  2. What can we infer from the passage?
  A. American stores could provide new kinds of products to the people.
  B. High tech describes a technology that is not traditional.
  C. "State of the art" is not as popular as "high tech".
  D. A modern plough pulled by oxen is "state of the art
  3. All the following examples are high tech except _________
  A. a microwave over B. a home computer
  C. a hand pump D. a satellite
  4. Which of the following statements is not true?
  A. since the computer revolution, the expression "state of the art" has become popular.
  B. "State of the art" means something that is the best one can
  C. With the rapid development of computer technology, a state of the tart computer may easily become out of date.
  D. All kinds of products are "state of the art" nowadays.
  5. The best title for the passage is __________
  A. Computer Technology&&& B. High Tech and State of the Art
  C. Mast Advanced Technology&&&& D. Two New Expressions
  Passage 2
  Questions 6 to 10 are based on the following passage:
  Cheating: The income tax deadline (最后期限) approaches and some taxpayer' s thoughts turn to it. Test time approaches and some students' thoughts turn to it.
  "You want something you can't get by behaving within the rules, and you want it badly enough you'll do it regardless of any guilt or deep regret~ and you're willing to run the risk of being caught." That's how Ladd Wheeler, psychology professor at the University of Rochester in New York, defines cheating.
  Many experts believe cheating is on the rise. "We're suffering a moral breakdown." Pinkard says, "we're seeing more of the kind of person who regards the world as a series of things to be dealt with. Whether to cheat depends on whether it's the person's interest ". He does, however, see less cheating among the youngest students.
  Richard Dienabier, Psychology(心理学) professor at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, believes that society' s attitudes account for much of the increase in cheating.
  "Twenty years age, if a person cheated in college, society said: That is extremely serious, you will be dropped for a term if not kicked out permanently," he says, "nowadays, at the University of Nebraska, for example, it is the stated policy of the college of Arts and Sciences that if a student cheats on an exam, the student must receive an "F' on what he cheated on. That's nothing. If you're going to flunk anyway, why not cheat?"
  "Cheating is most likely in situations where the vital interests are high and the chances of getting caught are low~" says social psychologist. Lynn Kahle of the University of Oregon in Eugene.
  6. The passage centers on _________
  A. convincing the reader that cheating is immoral
  B. discussing the reasons for cheating
  C. describing how students cheat on exam
  D. discussing how to control cheating
  7. Cheating tends to occur when ________
  A. one wants something badly
  B. one can't get something in a right way.
  C. it is not very likely to be revealed.
  D. a series of things has to be dealt with
  8. Which of the following is true according to the~ passage?
  A. It is forgivable to cheat unless money is involved.
  B. There has been a quick increase in cheating.
  C. Most cheaters are college students.
  D. Cheaters do not feel guilty and regretful.
  9. What can be inferred from the passage?
  A. Cheating is widespread because society is too tolerant.
  B. cheating is the result of intense pressure.
  C. Cheating is cheating, whether on a test or on any other occassions.
  D. Cheating comes together with civilization.
  10. The word "flunk" in paragraph 5 could best be replaced by which of the following?
  A. Fear B. Fail C. Be pleased D. Succeed
  Passage 3
  Questions 11 to 15 are based on the following passage:
  The young people who talk of the village as being "dead" are talking nothing but nonsense, as in their hearts they must surely know.
  No, the village is not dead. There is more life in it now than there ever was. But it seems that "Village life" is dead. Gone for ever. It began to decline (衰落) about a hundred years ago, when many girls left home to go into service in town many miles away, and men also left home in increasing number in search of a work, and home was where work was. There are still a number of people alive today who can remember. What "village life" meant the early years of the present century? It meant knowing and being known by everybody else in the village. It meant finding your entertainment in the village of within walking distance of it. It meant housewives tied to the home all day and every day. It meant going to bed early to save lamp -oil and coal.
  Then came the First World War and the Second World War. After each war, new ideas, new attitudes, new trades and occupations were revealed to villagers. The long - established order of society was no longer taken for granted. Electricity and the motorcar were steadily operating to make "village life" and "town life" almost alike. Now with the highly developed science and technology and high - level social welfare for all, there is no point whatever in talking any longer about "village life. " It is just life, and that a better life.
  Finally, if we have any doubts about the future, or about the many changes, which we have seen in our lives, we have only to look in at the school playground any mid - morning; or see the children as they walk homeward in little groups. Obviously these children are better fed, better clothed, better educated, healthier, prettier and happier than any generation of children that ever before walked the village street.
  11. By saying that village is not dead, but "village life" is dead, the writer suggests that _________
  A. those young people who talk of the village as being "dead" are wrong
  B the two statements are against each other
  C. "village life" today is rather uninteresting
  D. "village life" today is no longer like what is used to be.
  12. It was _________ that "village life" began to take a sharp turn.
  A. about a century ago
  B. during the two world wars
  C. with electricity and motorcars introduced into the village
  D. only recently
  13. As is suggested in paragraph 2, villagers in the past _________
  A. lived a simpler life than villagers today
  B. knew fewer people than villagers today.
  C. found it difficult to enjoy themselves
  D. liked to wash themselves with cold water.
  14. The expression "…… " There is no point whatever in talking about in paragraph 3 means that _________
  A. there is no end to the talking about……
  B. It is harmful to talk about….
  C. It is not meaningless to talk about……
  D. there is no reason for talking about
  15. From the passage we can see that the writer's attitude toward "village life" is ___________
  A. positive B. negative
  C. neutral D. unclear
  Passage 4
  Questions 16 to 20 are based on the following passage.
  We all know that it is possible for ordinary people to make their on the equator (赤道), although often they may feel uncomfortably hot there. Millions do it. but as for the North Pole(北极)—— we that it is not only a dangerously cold place, but that people like you and me would find it quite impossible to live there. At the present time only the scientists and explorers can do so, and they use special equipment. Men had been traveling across and around the equator on wheels, on their feet or in ships for thousands of years; but only a few men, with great difficulty and in very recent time, have ever crossed the ice to the North Pole. So it may surprise you to learn that, when traveling by air, it is really safer to fly over the North Pole than over the equator. Of course, this is not true about landings in the polar region (which passenger aeroplanes do not make), but the weather, if we are flying at a height of 5,000 meters above the Pole, is a delight. At 4 000 meters and more above the earth you can always be that you will not see a cloud in the sky as far as the eye can reach. In the tropics (热带), on the other hand, you are not certain to keep clear of bad weather even at such heights as 18,000 or 20,000 meters.
  Aeroplanes can't climb as high or as quickly in cold air as in warm. Nor can clouds. In practice, this is an advantage to the aeroplane, which is already at a good height when it reaches the polar region and so does not need to climb, while at the same time cold air keeps the clouds down low.
  16. "Millions do it." In this sentence "do it" refers to _________
  A. feeling uncomfortably hot on the equator
  B. flying over the North Pole
  C. flying over the equator
  D. making homes on the equator
  17. The polar region is ________
  A. a good place to land at by aeroplane
  B. a good place to fly over
  C. a good place to fly over
  D. a good place to live in
  18. It is a delight to fly at the Pole because there _________
  A. planes fly higher than at the equator
  B. the eyes can reach about 4,000 meters
  C. planes are clear of bad weather
  D. planes fly more quickly than at the equator.
  19. Aeroplanes can climb quickly ________
  A. in warm air
  B. in cold air
  C. when it reaches the polar region
  D. only when the clouds are down low
  20. Aeroplanes usually do not need to climb quickly or fly high in the polar region because _________
  A. they do not land there
  B. there are no clouds at all
  C. they can cross the ice with special equipment
  D. it is very cold
  Part I Vocabulary and Structure (40%)
  Directions2 In this part there are 40 incomplete sentences. For each se there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer ~ best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
  21. He knows little of English to say ____ of English culture.
  A. something B. everything
  C. nothing D. anything
  22. Being ignorant of the law is no ______ of breaking the law.
  A. reason B. excuse
  C. ground D. point
  23. The new law, it is said, will be ____
  A. put into effect B. taken into account
  C. kept in sight D. brought to mind
  24. Life is often compared a stage by many writers.
  A. like B. as
  C. with D. to
  25. Television makes us better ____ than ever before.
  A. inform B. informing
  C. informed D. to be informed
  26. You could have done much better yesterday. Why ____?
  A. didn't you B. couldn't you
  C. hadn't you D. shouldn't you
  27. Air, or ____ is called atmosphere, surrounds the whole earth.
  A. it B. that
  C. which D. what
  28. If I do something in vain, I do it.
  A. without interest B. without success
  C. with difficulty&&&&& D. with ease
  29. The old man walked slowly, stopping frequently -.
  A. on rest&&&&&&& B. at rest
  C. resting&&&&&&& D. to rest
  30. The pain will go away ____
  A. by an by B. by and chance
  C. all over D. at present
  31. Don't you think it is time you ______smoking?
  A. give up B. gave up
  C. would give up D. should give up
  32. ____ was pointed above, this substance can be used as a substitute.
  A. It&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. That
  C. What&&&&&&&&&&&& D. As
  33. I couldn't find peter, ____did I know where he had gone.
  A. never&&&&&&& B. either
  C. nor&&&&&& D. as
  34. If I say I don't think much of this book, this means that ____
  A. I never read it&&&&&&&& B. I seldom think about it
  C. I have no idea of it&&&& D. I have a poor opinion of it
  35. When you this over with her, you should not see her any more.
  A. talk&&&&&&&& B. talked
  C. will talk&&&& D. talking
  36. The ____ flowers were all that remained.
  A. two yellow little&&&& B. little two yellow
  C. yellow two little&&&&& D. two little yellow
  37. The Olympic Committee has drawn up strict rules for the sportsmen to____.
  A. go by&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. go on
  C. go over&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. go after
  38. I'm far from ______with what you have done.
  A. pleased&&&&&&&&&& B. pleasing
  C. pleasure&&&&&&&&&& D. please
  39. The ability _____is very important for any speaker.
  A. to hear clearly B. to be ~clearly heard
  C. to hearing clearly D. to being clearly heard
  40. ____ she finds out that you've lost her books.
  A. As if B. Even if
  C. What if D. Suppose that
  41. Dr. Robert went to New York, bought some books and ____
  A. visiting his daughter B. to visit his daughter
  C. visit his daughter D. visited his daughter
  42. Are you serious in ____ such a view?
  A. putting on&&&&& B. putting off
  C. putting up&&&&& D. putting forward
  43. The plane crashed, its bombs ____ as it hit the ground.
  A. exploded&&&&& B. were exploded
  C. exploding&&&&& D. were exploding
  44. You should be content - what you have.
  A. to B. about
  C. with D. for
  45. "Do you like to ride on the old bus to school?" Yes, I prefer it _____."
  A. to walk B. to walking
  C. walking D. having walked
  46. My vacation begins next Tuesday, ____ I will leave for Florida.
  A. which B. that
  C. while D. when
  47. Can you tell me ____ about the city that makes people love it so much?
  A. it is what&&&&&&&&& B. what it is
  C. what is it&&&&&&&& D. is it what
  48. Though he is very intelligent, he is ____ rather modest.
  A. hence&&&&&&&&&&& B. otherwise
  C. nevertheless&&&&&& D. therefore
  49. Lack of imagination is an obstacle ____ one's advancement.
  A. to&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. of
  C. for&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. about
  50. If you can provide the wine, I'll ____ the food.
  A. see to&&&&&&&&&&&& B. look at
  C. ask for&&&&&&&&&&& D. think about
  51.He was fully ____ of his own shortcomings.
  A. sensitive&&&&&&&&&&& B. sensible
  C. serious&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sincere
  52. The magnificent museum is said______ about a hundred years ago.
  A. to be built&&&&&&&&& B. to have been built
  C. to have built&&&&&&& D. to have being built
  53. Not once ____ your sentence correctly.
  A. You have copied&&&&& B. did you have copied
  C. have you copied&&&&&& D. have you been copied
  54. That mountain village can't be _______by telephone yet.
  A. reached&&&&&&&&&&&& B. achieved
  C. attached&&&&&&&&&&&& D. arrived
  55. Problems will__________ if you do it this way.
  A. rise&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. arise
  C. raise&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. arouse
  56. _______many people prefer coffee, he drinks tea as usual.
  A. While&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. besides of
  C. because of&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Except
  57.Don't risk______ the job which so many people want.
  A. losing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. to lose
  C. lost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. your life to lose
  58. His mother insisted that he ____ the coat when going out.
  A. put on&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. puts on
  C. to put&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. putting on
  59. They have done things they ought ____
  A. not to do&&&&&&&&&&& B. not to be done
  C. not to have done&&&&& D. not having done
  60. There is nothing we can do ____ wait.
  A. but&&&&&&&&&&& B. Rather than
  C. In spite of&&&&& D. besides
  Part III Identification (10%)
  Directions: Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A, B, C, and D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
  61. This morning I got up late, so I came to school ten minutes later.
  A&& B& C D
  62. A good artist like a good engineer learns as many from his mistakes as from successes.
  A B&& C&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D
  63. This is the sportsman whom everyone says will win the first prize at the Winter Olympic Games.
  A B C&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D
  64. Unlike Americans who seem to prefer coffee, the English drinks a great deal of tea.
  A B C&&&&&& D
  65. Convincing that they were trying to poison him, he refused to eat anything.
  A B C&&&& D
  66. Would you mind waiting a moment for me? My work will be finished at no time.
  A B&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C&& D
  67. He will not borrow you the money even if you ask.
  A& B C&& D
  68. It is important that she goes to see the doctor immediately.
  A B C D
  69. You have heard from him since last month, have you?
  A B C&&& D
  70. Walking in the street, the cars and buses are running like streams.
  A B& C&& D
  Part IV Close (10%)
  Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose the ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
  For thousands of years, people thought of glass as something beautiful to look at. Only recently 71 come to 72 something look through. Stores 73 their goods in large glass windows. Glass bottles and jars 74 food and drink allow us 75 the contents. Glass 76 spectacles(眼镜), microscopes, telescopes, and 77 very useful and necessary objects, 78 glasses, are used by people who cannot see 79 or by people who want to protect their eyes 80 bright light. Microscopes make tiny things larger 81 we can examine them. Telescopes 82 objects that are far away appear 83 closer to us.
  84 in recent years plastics have replaced glass 85 conditions where glass might be 86 broken there are new uses 87 for glass that were never imagined in the 88. Perhaps the greatest 89 of glass is that its constituent(形成的) parts are inexpensive and can be found 90 over the world.
  71. A. they&&&&&&&&& B. do they
  C. they have&&&&&& D. have they
  72. A. think it&&&&&&& B. think if of
  C. think it as&&&&&& D. think of it as
  73. A. protect&&&&&&& B. hide
  C. display&&&&&&&& D. set aside
  74. A. hold&&&&&&&&& B. held
  C. that hold&&&&&&& D. that holding
  75. A. see&&&&&&&&&& B. to see
  C. seeing&&&&&&&&&& D. seen
  76. A. used to make&& B. is used to make
  C. is used to making D. used to making
  77. A. many others&&& B. many other
  C. else&&&&&&&&&&& D. another
  78. A. and&&&&&&&&&& B. as well
  C. or&&&&&&&&&&&& D. either
  79. A. perfectly&&&&&& B. perfect
  C. perfection&&&&&& D. perfected
  80. A. from&&&&&&&&& B. in
  C. with&&&&&&&&&&& D. beyond
  81. A. so as&&&&&&&&& B. as that
  C. so that&&&&&&&&& D. such that
  82. A. let&&&&&&&&&&& B. watch
  C. get&&&&&&&&&&&& D. make
  83. A. ever&&&&&&&&&& B. rather
  C. more&&&&&&&&&& D. much
  84. A. Because of&&&& B. Despite
  C. However&&&&&&& D. Although
  85. A. Under&&&&&&&& B. below
  C. within&&&&&&&&& D. on
  86. A. hardly&&&&&&&& B. easily
  C. nearly&&&&&&&&& D. almost
  87. A. Being developed B. be developed
  C. be developed&&& D. to be developed
  88. A. ancient&&&&&&& B. past
  C. old&&&&&&&&&&& D. aged
  89. A. goodness&&&&& B. advance
  C. advantage&&&&& D. progress
  90. A. all&&&&&&&&&& B. around
  C. anywhere&&&&& D. wholly
&&上一篇:&&
&&下一篇:&&
相关资讯:
网站导航:
信 息
课 程
社 区
访 谈
超值优惠套餐=基础学习班+冲刺串讲班(北京赠真题精讲班)
紧扣教材大纲,逐章系统讲解课时数:70课时
梳理重要考点,预测命题方向课时数:15课时
精讲历年真题 直击考试命题精髓课时数:10课时
学员 yanwuyingge:
学员 ansdot:
学员 adoitqhjrghla:
学员 shangfuxing:
学员 Sabrina_1987:
学员 fujinglei:
学员 chenxin11212:
学员 xinkulala:
   1、凡本网注明 &来源:外语教育网&的所有作品,版权均属外语教育网所有,未经本网授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用;已经本网授权的,应在授权范围内使用,且必须注明&来源:外语教育网&。违反上述声明者,本网将追究其法律责任。
  2、本网部分资料为网上搜集转载,均尽力标明作者和出处。对于本网刊载作品涉及版权等问题的,请作者与本网站联系,本网站核实确认后会尽快予以处理。
本网转载之作品,并不意味着认同该作品的观点或真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人转载使用,请与著作权人联系,并自负法律责任。
  3、本网站欢迎积极投稿
  4、联系方式:
电话:010-1

我要回帖

更多关于 ugly americans 的文章

随机推荐