节操用英语怎么说?求大神指导
moral integrity
如果我的建议对您有用 请点击“好评” 谢谢
回答数:213
您的举报已经提交成功,我们将尽快处理,谢谢!问题已关闭
代为完成的个人任务
提问需要满足:其他人可能遇到相似问题,或问题的解决方法对其他人有所助益。如果通过其他方式解决遇到困难,欢迎提问并说明你的求知过程。
求英语大神翻译解释这篇文章?
&p&&i&In this passage from a novel, the narrator has been reading letters of his grandmother. Susan Ward, and is reflecting on the meaning of certain events in her life. In about 1880, Susan Ward was a young woman—a writer and a mother—whose husband Oliver was working as a mining engineer in Leadville, in the West. Here, the narrator imagines Susan Ward as she spends the winter with her family in Milton New York before rejoining her husband in spring.&/i&&/p&&br&&p&From the parental burrow, Leadville seemed so far away it was only half real. Unwrapping her apple-checked son after a sleigh ride down the lane, she had difficulty in believing that she had ever lived anywhere but here in Milton.&/p&&br&&p&She felt how the placid industry or her days matched the placid industry of all the days that had passed over that far through six generations. Present and past were less continuous than synonymous. She did not have to come at her grandparents through a time machine. Her own life and that of the grandfather she was writing about showed her similar figures in an identical landscape. At the milldam where she had learned to skate she pulled her little boy on his sled, and they watched a weasel snow-white for winter flirt his black-tipped tail in and out of the mill’s timbers. She might have been watching with her grandfather’s eyes.&/p&&br&&p&Watching a wintry sky die out beyond black elms, she not make her mind restore the sight of the western mountains at sunset from her cabin door or the cabin itself or Oliver or their friends. Who were those glittering people intent on raiding the continent for money or for scientific knowledge? What illusion was it that she bridged between this world and that? She paused sometimes, cleaning the room she had always called Grandma’s Room and thought with astonishment of the memory of Oliver’s great revolver lying on the dresser when he already a thoroughgoing West-erner had come to the house to court her. &/p&&br&&p&The town of Milton was dim and gentle, molded by gentle lives, the current of change as slow through it as the seep of water through a bog. More than once she thought how wrong those women in San Francisco had been, convinced that theorized homes did not welcome them on their return. Last year when Oliver’s professional future was uncertain, she would have agreed. Now with the future assured in the form of Leadville, the comfortable past asserted itself unchanged. Need for her husband, like worry over him, was sunk in her affection for home. Even the signs of mutability that sometimes jolted her—the whiteness of her mother’s hair, the worn patience of her sister’s face, the morose silences of her brother in-law now so long and black that the women worried about him in low voices—could not more than briefly interrupt the deep security and peace.&/p&&br&&p&I wonder if ever again Americans can have that experience of returning to a home place so intimately known profoundly felt, deeply loved, and absolutely submitted to? It is not quite true that you can’t go home again. But it gets less likely. We have had too many divorces, we have consumed too much transportation, we have lived too shallowly in too many places. I doubt that anyone of my son’s generation could comprehend the home feelings of someone like Susan Ward. Despite her unwillingness to live separately from her husband, she could probably have stayed on indefinitely in Milton, visited only occasionally by an asteroid husband. Or she would have picked up the old home and remade it in a new place. What she resisted was being a woman with no real home.&/p&&br&&p&When frontier historians theorize about the uprooted, the lawless, the purseless, and the socially cut-off who emigrated to the West, they are not talking about people like my grandmother. So much that was cherished and loved, women lik and the more they gave it up, the more they carried it helplessly with them. It was a process like ionization: what was subtracted form one pole was added to the other. For that sort of pioneer, the West was not a new country being created, but and old
in that sense our pioneer women were always more realistic than our pioneer men. The modems, carrying little baggage of the cultural kind, not even living in traditional air, but breathing into their space helmets a scientific mixture of synthetic gases (and polluted at that) are the true pioneers. Their circuitry seems to include no domestic sentiment, they have had their empathy removed, their computers hum no ghostly feed back of home, Sweet Home. How marvelously free they are ‘ How unutterably deprived’.&/p&
In this passage from a novel, the narrator has been reading letters of his grandmother. Susan Ward, and is reflecting on the meaning of certain events in her life. In about 1880, Susan Ward was a young woman—a writer and a mother—whose husband Oliver was working as a mining engineer in Leadville, in the West. Here, the narrator imagines Susan Ward as she spends the winter with her family in Milton New York before rejoining her husband in spring.From the parental burrow, Leadville seemed so far away it was only half real. Unwrapping her apple-checked son after a sleigh ride down the lane, she had difficulty in believing that she had ever lived anywhere but here in Milton.She felt how the placid industry or her days matched the placid industry of all the days that had passed over that far through six generations. Present and past were less continuous than synonymous. She did not have to come at her grandparents through a time machine. Her own life and that of the grandfather she was writing about showed her similar figures in an identical landscape. At the milldam where she had learned to skate she pulled her little boy on his sled, and they watched a weasel snow-white for winter flirt his black-tipped tail in and out of the mill’s timbers. She might have been watching with her grandfather’s eyes.Watching a wintry sky die out beyond black elms, she not make her mind restore the sight of the western mountains at sunset from her cabin door or the cabin itself or Oliver or their friends. Who were those glittering people intent on raiding the continent for money or for scientific knowledge? What illusion was it that she bridged between this world and that? She paused sometimes, cleaning the room she had always called Grandma’s Room and tho…
替你过人生算了英语翻译求大神帮忙_百度知道
提问者采纳
8.How about sitting down and having a rest.9.He is regret about his angry words.10.One of my friends comes from Canada.11.Edision is a famous inventor all over the world.12.Both of the two shorts are cool. I want either of them.13.I will take part in the high jump and the long jump match.14.Will you come to cheer us up?15.This is the forst time for her coming to visit the museum.16.When you forst come to a new class, try to make friends with others.17.The rose is the symble of love.18.The summer Olympic Games is hold every four years.19.I hope I can join the Olympic Games on day.20.The Olympic Games becomes more and more popular.21.The declaration of the Olympic Games is &the faster, the highter, the stronger&.22.The Olympic rings is the symble of the Olympic Games .23.I have a toothache.24.I hope you better.25.He can speak English well.26.He gets a flu.谢谢采纳~
提问者评价
太给力了,你的回答完美解决了我的问题!
其他类似问题
英语翻译的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁求大神帮我用英语翻译一下 谢谢了!!!!_百度知道
提问者采纳
看不清楚啊最后一点怎么写
提问者评价
你的回答完美的解决了我的问题,谢谢!