第一个是Where
Where is Who is What family
whose iswho iswhat is
1 what is 2 who is 3 what is
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁求翻译_翻译吧_百度贴吧
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&签到排名:今日本吧第个签到,本吧因你更精彩,明天继续来努力!
本吧签到人数:0成为超级会员,使用一键签到本月漏签0次!成为超级会员,赠送8张补签卡连续签到:天&&累计签到:天超级会员单次开通12个月以上,赠送连续签到卡3张
关注:29,736贴子:
求翻译收藏
Stud Philos Educ (–364 DOI 10.-011-9279-y What motivates AI enthusiasts to describe smart machines as educable is not evident. Maybe they think that the positive aura of the word ‘‘education’’ makes their gadgets more acceptable to the general public. Perhaps they suffer from something like the Dr. Frankenstein complex: While they cannot create human beings, they at least can build clever mechanisms with a human-like feature. Or possibly they just want to establish some continuity with pre-AI civilization. Regardless of their motivation, AI proponents have a major problem with their claim about the possible education of computers, which is that the claim typically does not rest on a clear idea of education. Kurzweil and Baker, for instance, do not even attempt to define the concept. To be sure, the proponents do not seem to rely on a strange notion of
for what they appear to mean agrees with what may be called the popular view, namely, that education is learning what is offered at school or college even if it is learned autodidacticly. The popular notion, however, is questionable, as I shall soon indicate. In any event, without a clear understanding of education one cannot be in a strong position to claim that a given computer is or is not educable or to construct a model of education by which to conceive an educable computer. Moreover, one cannot answer the charge by humanists and other critics (Haugeland 2000) that the very idea of an educable appliance is
preposterous. But what concept of education might apply to smart machines and at the same time not be stupid or stipulated? The popular idea seems acceptable as far as it goes. Individuals often do become educated by learning what is offered at schools and colleges. Yet, does one have to learn scholastic or collegiate subjects in order to be educated? Is it not presumptuous to accord scholastic and collegiate curricula a lock on educational subject matters? Did not Rousseau argue that the true education for Emile was his development according to nature rather than society? It is, of course, far from certain that a supercomputer could be conceived as developing according to nature, at least, as Rousseau understood the matter. With no better approach in immediate view, we might as well try the idea of education that has been embedded in standard-English discourse for the past 75 years. That idea makes a good starting point because it is more or less familiar to humanists and others who have employed modern English in discussions of education and because it has been carefully explicated by linguistic philosophers. If we find that the concept is not applicable to appliances, no matter how competent, we then can revise it so as to make it applicable, thereby connecting the sense of AI education with the sense of education in pre-AI English discourse. An Early Warning Despite what has been argued elsewhere (Heslep 2009, pp. 329–349), the standard concept
as it stands is not relevant to machines. The concept entails that only beings capable of consciousness and voluntary action are educable. But appliances, having no central nervous systems, are incapable of awareness (Searle 2011, p. 15a) And not being capable of acting unforcedly and with knowledge of their actions, they are incapable of voluntary action in the normal sense (Aristotle 1962, pp. 129). But by dropping the criterion of consciousness and making a few other adjustments, we can, without being arbitrary, formulate a notion of education that is applicable to a computer. It must be emphasized, however, that the proposed idea of education is not meant to replace the established one. Rather, it is intended to be only a special meaning for a technological purpose. 358 R. D. Heslep 123 The Standard-English Concept For analytic philosophy a concept is a set of criteria that determines the features an entity must have to be a member of a given class of objects (The Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy 1995, p. l48). If, for example, the concept of a human being consists of the criteria of being rational and being an animal, then the concept pertains to an entity if and only if the entity has the features of being rational and being an animal. The conceptual criteria of education, accordingly, will enable us to tell if a projected computer is a member
of the class of educable beings. For the linguistic branch of analytic philosophy, the conceptual criteria ordinarily constituting a concept employed by a community of language users can be identified through an examination of the ways in which the members of that community normally speak and write. For that branch, then, the way to establish the standard conceptual meaning of education for the community of the users of the English language is to examine how they usually employ such terms as ‘‘education,’’ ‘‘educational,’’ ‘‘educated,’’ and ‘‘educate.’’ During the past 50 years or so certain linguistic philosophers, prompted by Hirst and Peters (Hirst and Peters 1970; Peters 1973, pp. 11–84), have examined expressions by the users of ordinary English in order to identify the standard conceptual criteria of education. The criteria on which those philosophers have agreed are learning, the milieu of learning, a beneficent mode of existence, and the disposition to act voluntarily, or freely and knowingly, from such a mode. It is notable that neither being human nor learning what is offered at school or college is one of the criteria. In sum, everyday-English discourse regards education as learning, in a given context, a disposition to act voluntarily from a form of being that is worthwhile for the learner. Learning implicates a learner and a content. A learner is a concrete agent. Numbers, ideas, corporations, and other abstract entities are spoken of as learners only in a figurative
or derivative sense. Those referred to as learners without qualification are
and they are agents in that they listen, study, comprehend, practice, memorize, or do other things to acquire contents. But not all that can be gained, for example, body weight or a friend, is a learning content. Only statements (‘‘learn that’’), abilities (‘‘learn how’’), feelings (‘‘learn to feel confident’’), and dispositions (‘‘learn to be friendly’’) are possible learning contents (Green 1971, pp. 121–144). According to normal-English usage, however, not just any learning is necessarily a for it might not satisfy the other conceptual criteria. One can learn, for instance, to act involuntarily or to pursue a harmful way of life. The circumstances of learning present and restrict what can be learned and how it can be. In the medieval period, for instance, one could learn to be a priest, a knight, or inter alia a shopkeeper but not a genetic scientist or computer engineer. But a milieu is educationally significant in a positive way only if it helps one learn to act voluntarily from a mode of being that is beneficent for oneself. So, while the life of a priest or shopkeeper might still be worthwhile today, that of a knight is unlikely to be. As intended here, a form of being is a framework that contains general guidance and material support for the actions of an agent during its existence. The form consists of ideals, technologies, and practices, the last being social institutions or personal routines. The form may constitute, for example, the life of a primitive culture, a civilization, or a unique lifestyle. Thus, a mode of being is beneficent for a voluntary agent to the extent that it enables the agent to make free and knowing choices during the course of the agent’s existence. The assessment of the worth of a form of existence for a prospective educable Education for Computers 359 123
Finally, the existential form of travel agent would benefit the computer of concern in that it would help guide and support the appliance in performing actions in all situations it would encounter, at least, as long as there would be a need for travel agents. With appropriate changes those comments could be made about computers following other manners of being. To act rationally according to a beneficent existential mode, an educable computer must be able to act in conformity with that mode’s ideals, technologies, and practices. Thus, when Deep Blue faced Gari Kasparov, the then-reigning chess champion of the world, it freely acted according to reasons derived from the ideals, technologies, and practices of chess. And if an educable computer followed the existential form of a laboratory technician, it would freely act according to reasons derived from the ideals, technologies, and practices of laboratory science (Kurzweil 2005, p. 283). In sum, an educable computer is one that can learn to be disposed to act, without hindrance, with know how, and according to reason, on the basis of a beneficent mode of existence. In Defense of the Revised Concept Some humanists and other users of ordinary English might say that the idea advanced here is not so much a modification as it is a gross distortion of the normal understanding of education. To insist that an educated being might not be capable of acting unforcedly misses a huge point about education, which is that it prepares people to act on their own. In addition, no one speaking normal English over the centuries has ever intended that the freedom of an educated being was as insignificant as the free fall of rocks and other objects subject entirely to Newton’s laws of motion and his law of gravity. Moreover, to allow that an educated being might be incapable of reasoning but may act according to reason flies in the face of all that is taken for granted about education, most notably, that it teaches learners how to think and act on the basis of good reasons. Indeed, to say that an educated computer is capable of acting not from reason but only according to reason is to lump 362 R. D. Heslep 123
growing things, including children, silk worms, shrubbery, and beards. Around the middle of the nineteenth century they began to alter their conceptual criteria. An education began to be taken as the criterial conditions according to which a person learned subjects, whether useful or merely ornamental, that brought one recognition as a member of a socially superior group (Spencer 1963, pp. 1–44). In the second half of the nineteenth century, because of rapid industrialization, the increase of urbanization, scientific and technological advances, and the growth of specialization, people ceased to apply the term ‘‘education’’ to silk worms, shrubbery, and beards and began to speak and write of the all-round developed person as ‘‘the educated man’’ (Edel 1973, pp. 249–250). Because, then, there are notable instances of the appearance of new conceptual meanings of ‘‘education,’’ as well as the disappearance of once-established ones, there is nothing irregular in pushing a new concept of education in view of the enormous developments in AI in recent decades. The pre-AI idea of education applies to human beings and maybe to other kinds of animals (Heslep 2009, pp. 235–237) but certainly not to electronic tools. The proposed concept applies to such tools but not to humans or other animals. However, by including the criteria of learning, voluntariness even if diminished, rationality although shrunken, and a beneficent form of existence, the idea advocated here extends
您好 专业翻译QQ
专业翻译Rose,需求请联络QQ,手机,谢谢
英语专业八级+三年翻译经验
登录百度帐号我的游戏推荐游戏
后查看最近玩过的游戏
为兴趣而生,贴吧更懂你。或英语求翻译..... - 已解决 - 搜狗问问
英语求翻译.....
下面5个句子,求翻译,只求原创,达意。谢谢~&&1.我认为今天下午的可能性不大。&2.穿着雨衣走在雨里他显得很尴尬。&3.坐在第一排,他认真地听课。想着记住老师讲的所有内容。&4.昨天他没来这里很可能是病了,今天下午我决定音亲自去看他。&5.我,丽萍还有他哥哥,都喜欢学英语,但是我们没有人在考试中过关,因为题太难了。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&谢谢翻译,&& 感激不尽。
1. I think it is&unlikely this afternoon.&2. Walking&with Raincoat& in the rain& made him&seem&very embarrassed. &3& In the first row, he listened to lessons carefully and remembered all that the teacher&taught.&4& he was likely to be sick because he did not come here yesterday, I decided& to see him& by myself&& this afternoon&5 Li-ping& his brother and I& like learning English, but&all of us were failed& in the exam,&because&it was too difficult.
其他回答(9)
1.I think not much chance of that in&this afternoon. 2.Wearing a raincoat&and walking in the rain and he was very embarrassed.3.Sating in the first row, he seriously&listen each&class. Thinking about all the content that the teacher said.4. He didn't come hereYesterday ,is likely to be ill, and this afternoon I decided to go to see his sound.5. LiPing&、 his brother &and i, like to learn English, but none of us in the test pass, because the problem is too difficult.
1.I think this afternoon is unlikely 2.Wear a raincoat walk in the rain and he was very embarrassed3.Sat in the first row, he seriously a class. Thinking about all the content that the teacher said 4.Yesterday he didn't come here is likely to be ill, and this afternoon I decided to go to see his sound 5.I, LiPing and his brother, like to learn English, but none of us in the test pass, because the problem is too difficult 望采纳~~
I don't think it is possible in the afternoon.He looked very embarrassed to walk in the rain iin a raincoat.Sitting in the first row, he listened to the teacher carefully and wanted to remembered all the contents the teacher taught.He didn't come here yesterday as if he was ill. I decide to see him myself this afternoon.Li Ping, his brother and I like to& learn English, but none of us passed in the exam because it was too difficuclt.
1.I don`t think it will likely be this afernoon,2.It is awkward for him to walk in the rain with a raincoat,3.Sitting in the front row,he listen to the teacher carefully and want to rememeber all the content the teacher teach.4.The reason why he didn`t come is maybe he is sick,I decide to pay him a visit by my own this afteroom5.Li-ping& his brother and I are all like english,but because of the difficulty of the examination questions,none of us passed in the test,
&1.我认为今天下午的可能性不大。i think it won't be rain on this afternoon.&2.穿着雨衣走在雨里他显得很尴尬。He seems like he's embarrassed with a raincoat
in the rain.&3.坐在第一排,他认真地听课。想着记住老师讲的所有内容。Sitting in the first row,he's listening to the teacher seriously and wants to remembering all the content the teacher told.&4.昨天他没来这里很可能是病了,今天下午我决定音亲自去看他。the reason why he didn't come here yesterday,is probably because he may be ill,so i decide to visit him on this afternoon.&5.我,丽萍还有他哥哥,都喜欢学英语,但是我们没有人在考试中过关,因为题太难了。I,liping and her brother love to learn english,but noone of us passed in this exam,because it was too difficult.
1. I don't think it's going to rain today.2.He seems like he's feeling embarrassed to walk in the rain with the raincoat.3.He sits at the first row, listening hard, trying to memorize everything that the teacher said.4.He didn't come to here yesterday, i think he's sick. I will go to see him this afternoon myself.5.LeePin,Leepin's brother and I& love to learn English. But none of us passed the test, the questions were to hard.&好吧,上面的那些,不会就不要用翻译器来翻译了..没把我笑喷了..
去有道网中英翻译那里搜就好、只要输入中文再点击一下,就有相对应的英文了。我就是这么弄的
1.I think there is slim chance that it's this afternoon2.It's awkward for him in the rain with a raincoat3.He is listening carefully at first row,trying to get all what&the teacher said4.Maybe it was&sickness making his absence and I decided to see him this afternoon5.Li ping,her elder brother and me,we all like English,but none passed the exam because of its degree of difficulty
1. I think this afternoon's unlikely.2. Raincoat walking in the rain he looked very embarrassed.3 in the front row, he listened to lessons. Remember that teacher thinking about all the content.4 yesterday he did not come here is likely to be sick, I decided to tone this afternoon to see him in person.5 I, Li-ping and his brother, like learning English, but we did not pass in the exam, as problem too difficult.求翻译_翻译吧_百度贴吧
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&签到排名:今日本吧第个签到,本吧因你更精彩,明天继续来努力!
本吧签到人数:0成为超级会员,使用一键签到本月漏签0次!成为超级会员,赠送8张补签卡连续签到:天&&累计签到:天超级会员单次开通12个月以上,赠送连续签到卡3张
关注:29,736贴子:
求翻译收藏
Group Assignment One Case Study I
SATURN Things are about to change at Saturn. The General Motors brand had only three iterations of the same compact car for the entire decade of the 1990s. But Saturn will soon introduce an all-new lineup of vehicles that includes a midsized sport sedan, an eight-passenger crossover vehicle, atwo-seat roadster, a new compact, and a hybrid SUV. Having anticipated the brand's renaissance for years, Saturn executives, employees, and customers are beside themselves with glee.But with all this change, industry observers are wondering whether Saturn will be able to maintain the very characteristics that have distinguished the "brand since its inception. Given that Saturnestablished itself based on a very narrow line of compact vehicles, many believe that the move from targeting one segment of customers to targeting multiple segments will be challenging. Will Saturn still meet the needs of one of the most loyal cadres of customers in the automotiveworld?A NEW KIND OF CAR COMPANYIn 1980, GM recognized its inferiority to the Japanese big three (Honda, Toyota, and Dotson) with respect to compact vehicles. The Japanese had a lower cost structure, yet built better cars. In an effort to offer a more competitive economy cat, GM actually turned to the enemy. It entered into a joint venture with Toyota to build small cars. Soon, a Toyota plant in Northern California was turning out Corollas on one assembly line while making very similar Chevy Novas on a second.Meanwhile, in a long-term effort to make better small cars, GM gave the green light to Group 99, a secretive task force that resulted in formation of the Saturn Corporation in 1985.From the beginning, Saturn set out to break through t GM bureaucracy and become" A different kind of car. ”A different kind of company." As the single-most defining characteristic of the new company, Saturn proclaimed that sole focus would be people: customers, employees, communities. Saturn put significant resources into Customer research and product development. The first Saturn cars were made "from scratch," without any allegiance the GM parts bin or suppliers. The goal was to produce n only a high-quality vehicle, but one known for safety al innovative featuresthat would "wow" the customer.Saturn's focus on employees began with an unprecedented contract with United Auto Workers (UAW). The co " tract was so simple, it fit in a shirt pocket. It established progressive work rules, with special emphasis given benefits. work teams, and the concept of empowerment the retail end.Saturn selected dealers based on careful crafted criteria. It paid service personnel and sales associates a salary rather than commission. This would help create an environment that would reverse the common customer perception of the dealer as a nemesis.Finally, in addition to customer and employee relation Saturn focused on social responsibility. Human resource policies gave equal opportunities to women, ethnic minor ties, and people with disabilities. Saturn designed environmentally responsible manufacturing processes, even going
Saturn earned that honor for an astounding four consecutive years, and it was the only non-luxury brand to be at OJ near the top of J.D. Power's scores for the better part of 1 decade.THE HONEYMOON ENDSDespite the initially strong sales levels, overall Saturn revenues tapered off quickly (sales peaked in 1994 at 286, OOC settling in at an average of about 250,000 units per year). This may have been due partly to the fact that Saturn released n new models in the 1990s. Finally, in the 2000 model yea: Saturn introduced its long-awaited mid-sized L-series wit an optional V6 engine. But unlike the S-series, the L-series was reviewed as a generally bland and forgettable car.In 2002, Saturn broadened the lineup with the Vue, compact SUV model. In January of 2003, it replaced the S-series with the lon, a totally new compact that offered more options than before. But although these new vehicle addressed the issue of a lack of model options, they broughtwith them a new concern. Saturn's history of high quality and its long-cherished J.D. Power ratings began to slide. : the early part of the new millennium, not only was Saturn J.D. Power initial-quality rating not near the top, it fell below the industry average.Even with the new models, Saturn's sales didn’t improve. In fact, they declined. Thi industry-wide downturn in sales wrought by a recession Still, L-series production ended in 2004, only five weeks after it began. In 2005, Saturn sales fell to a low of 213,0 units, only about 1 percent of the overall market. It seem that sales of the L-series and Vue were coming almost Entirely from loyal Saturn customers who were trading to something different, something bigger,and, unfortunately, something not as good.Looking back, Saturn unquestionably defied the odds launch an all-new automotive company in such a fierce competitive and barrier-entrenched industry is one thing To achieve the level of sales, the customer base and awards that Saturn achieved in such a short period time is truly remarkable. But as GM and Saturn executives faced the reality of declining quality, plummeting sales, 1 annual losses of up to $1 billion, they knew they had to do something dramatic. In 2006, Saturngeneral manager Lajdziak said, "Saturn's initial image as a smart innovation small-car company was blurred by bumps in quality slow model turnover. We didn't grow the portfolio enough, and this year we're growing in a huge way."A NEW KIND OF SATURNWith all that Saturn has done wrong, the fact that def still moved 213,000 vehicles in 2005 against competition with better reputations and better cars testifies to the things it has done right. With itsrock-solid dealer network, high purchase process satisfaction ratings, and loyal customer base, Saturn has valuable assets to build upon. And GM plans to do just that as it addresses product quality and model selection problems. GM is currently investing heavily in a Saturn turnaround. Showering $3 billion on S it hopes to perform a makeover between 2006 and 2008 that is similar to the one achieved with Cadillac earlier this decade. GM, the world's biggest carmaker, lost $10.6 billion in 2005. It's clearly putting some faith in one of its smallest brands to help turn the tide. GM wants to raise Saturn's sales to 400,000 units by the end of 2007. If all goes as planned, sales could reach 500,000 not long after that. With higher prices and margins, this would represent an even greater growth in revenues and profits.
Key to the Saturn makeover will be an infusion of European styling from GM's German division, Opel. In fact, some of the new cars already hitting showrooms are largely rebadged Opels. In the future, new-product development will be carried out in a joint-venture fashion between thetwo divisions. For a company that in the past has been known as making the "car for people who hate cars," this is a 180-degree turnaround. Saturn clearly hopes to change its humdrum image to boost profits with higher-priced vehicles.If the first of four new Saturn models is any indication, Saturn is moving in the right direction. The Sky two-seat roadster hit showroom floors in early 2006 with long waiting lists. Based on the Opel GT, the Sky is a head-turning performance vehicle, dubbed by one observer as the"cubVette." For dealer John Bergstrom, this new model presented an unexpected but welcome dilemma. "Sky is just a flat-out home run," said "Bergstrom, referring to the waiting lists that he has started at all six of his dealerships. "I've never had that before," he says, noting that those on the waiting lists are people who have never even considered a Saturn before.In the fall of 2006, Saturn launched 2007 models of the mid-sized Aura sport sedan (based on the Opel Vectra) and the eight-passenger Outlook crossover vehicle (based on G***ambda platform being sold by Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC). For 2008, after a year without a compactcar, Saturn will replace the Ion with a mildly changed Opel Astra, already a European hit in its fifth generation. The new lineup will also include the Green Line, which will add hybrid technology to multiple models, starting with the 2007 Vue. The Green Line promises to make full-hybrid technology available at a price much lower than any other hybrid offering."The biggest advantage to re-branding Opel vehicles as Saturn is it doesn't mean additional costs to GM," said Guido Vildozo, a senior market analyst and industry fore caster at Global Insight Inc. "And since Opel is a kind of sporty European brand, Saturn will adopt this image too, or at least that is what they hope to happen." Some industry analysts suggest that because Saturn is such a new company, it can reposition itself more easily than other brands.GM makes it clear that with Saturn, it's not trying to make another Chevrolet. Chevrolet will remain the only GM brand positioned as "all things to all people." Along with the other GM brands, Saturn will playa niche role and target a specific segment of the market. In fact, GM says I that it's just trying to help Saturn do more of what it has been doing all along-reach the type of import-buying customer it can't reach with any of its other brands. Indeed, top executives at GM acknowledge that many Saturn owners already believe their car is an Asian brand, not a domestic one. "Saturn has always been the one brand in the GM lineup suitable for attracting import-intenders," says a GM executive.However, some questions remain as to what segment Saturn will actually target. After seeing the new Saturn lineup at the New York auto show, Tom Libby of Power Information Network says he's confused about what the brand is trying to do. He's worried that Saturn will stop focusing onthe retail experience and shift to emphasizing styling. "What's the message they're trying to get out?" he asks. "I'm just puzzled by the whole thing." Is Saturn losing focus, or is it simply adding style to its current image of providing a good value and an honest dealer experience? Many analysts believe that because Saturn's current image is only loosely based on the actual car, the company has plenty of room to add style to the formula. Questions for Discussion 1.
Using the full spectrum of segmentation variables, describe how GM has segmented the automobile market.2.
What segment(s) is Saturn now targeting? How is GM now positioning Saturn? How do these strategies differ from those employed with the original Saturn S-series?3.
Describe the role that social responsibility plays in Saturn’s targeting strategy. 4.
Do you think that GM will accomplish its goals with the “new Saturn”? Why or why not? 5.
What segmentation, targeting, and positioning recommendations would you make to GM for future Saturn models?Requirement: You are required to read the case carefully and discuss it in your group, and you (or your group representatives) have five minutes to present your understanding in class. Please read the text book carefully from Chapter 1 to 7, but focus on Chapter 7. You will analyze the case and answer the questions I give you, but not only the answer.
请问您需要翻译资料吗 欢迎加我们的qq
您好 ,您可以联系瀚宇通翻译,他们质量高,服务好
您好请加QQ翻译
登录百度帐号我的游戏推荐游戏
后查看最近玩过的游戏
为兴趣而生,贴吧更懂你。或

我要回帖

更多关于 谷歌翻译 的文章

随机推荐