what is an american crime作文

小题1:C小题2:B小题3:C小题4:D小题5:B小题6:A小题7:A小题8:D小题9:B小题10:A小题11:A小题12:C小题13:A小题14:D小题15:B小题16:D小题17:C小题18:B小题19:A小题20:D小题1:考查名词。由下一句“him the water in ten minutes...”他需要水小题2:考查动词。空姐告诉他等飞机起飞后10分钟就为他送来。小题3:考查名词。客人要求服务的铃声响了,小题4:考查形容词。空姐马上意识到(自己还没有送水),她一直很忙以至于忘记送水了。小题5:考查动词。空姐忘记送水,耽搁了乘客吃药。乘客被耽搁了。小题6:考查动词。空姐马上意识到自己 “忘记送水了”使乘客不高兴,所以匆匆送过去。小题7:考查动词。但是客人不接受服务。but表转折。小题8:考查名词。在此后几小时的飞行flight中。小题9:考查名词。根据上下文,应该说:空姐“每一次”经过这位乘客passenger的时候。小题10:考查连词。空姐都要微笑着问这位乘客是否需要什么服务。whether...or not 意为“是否”。小题11:考查副词。结合上下文可知:任凭空姐服务态度再好,但是乘客对她从不理睬。小题12:考查介词。要下飞机了。前文是在飞机上发生的事。故说“当他要下飞机的时候”。小题13:考查动词。乘客叫空姐递给hand他留言簿。小题14:考查形容词。从下句:She knew that he would write down ___ words,..(她知道他会写下批评的话)知道空姐当时心情应该是难过的。故选sad。小题15:考查形容词。sharp words批评的话。小题16:考查连词。她知道客人要写下批评的话,但她仍微笑着把留言簿递给了客人。小题17:考查动词。由下文知道空姐读了意见簿上的内容,所以应该先“打开”(opened)。小题18:考查连词。for此处表原因。因为客人写道:小题19:考查副词短语。本句意为“在飞行途中,你总共问了我十二次要不要帮忙。”小题20:考查形容词。“是啊,谁能拒绝别人12次真诚的微笑呢?”That’s right。是啊,对啊。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
One dark stormy night, an elderly couple hurried into a hotel and asked whether they could be put up for the night. “I’ m very&& 36&&&,” the clerk on night shift said politely, “we are all&&& 37&tonight. But you could stay in my room if you don’t &&&38&. As I’m on duty, I’ll be staying up in the office anyway,” The young man gave the &&&39&_ advice.The elderly couple &&&40&&his offer with gratitude(感激). They &&&41&&for the inconvenience they had caused him. The next day, the rain stopped and it cleared up. When the old gentleman went to pay his&& 42&, the clerk behind the counter was that same helpful young man. “The room you and your wife stayed in is not a proper guest room in this hotel,& 43&&you don’t need to pay,” said the clerk, with the same friendly smile.The old gentleman nodded in &&&44&, “You are an employee that every boss in the hotel business would &&&45&. Perhaps&& 46&&I’ll build a hotel for you. ” The clerk was amazed but, deciding that the guest must have been joking, he gave the remark no more &&&47&.Two years later, the young man received a registered letter(挂号信) from the old gentleman, in which he&& 48&the experience of that dark stormy night. The letter also enclosed(附上) a formal &&&49&&and a round-trip air ticket to New York, asking the young man to pay a visit.At a street comer in Manhattan, the young man met his&& 50&&guest. The old gentleman, pointing to a magnificent new &&&51&&towering over the crossroads, said, “Look, that is the hotel I &&&52&to build for you. I hope you will manage it for me. Remember what I said then? Well, I was serious about it.” “But…will there be any conditions, sir? Why do you choose me? And who are you?”“My name is William Aster. There’s not any condition.&& 53&&I told you before, you are the best employee…!”This building was none &&&54&the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Starting business in 1931, this hotel has been a symbol of supreme status and honor in the city of New York. The young man who became its first &&&55&&was George Boldt, the man who turned Waldorf into one of the most glamorous hotels in the world.小题1:A.sorryB.happyC.anxiousD.lucky小题2:A.advertisedB.decidedC.bookedD.taken小题3:A.mindB.botherC.troubleD.complain小题4:A.reliableB.valuableC.precious D.sincere小题5:A.acceptedB.thankedC.refusedD.weighed小题6:A.appliedB.preparedC.blamedD.apologized小题7:A.serviceB.houseC.foodD.bill小题8:A.butB.howeverC.soD.yet小题9:A.reliefB.appreciationC.surpriseD.silence小题10:A.give upB.dream ofC.devote toD.fight for小题11:A.any timeB.another dayC.the other dayD.some day小题12:A.valueB.thoughtC.judgmentD.attention小题13:A.called onB.called atC.called forD.called up小题14:A.invitationB.checkC.cardD.letter小题15:A.oldB.interestingC.formerD.new小题16:A.house B.buildingC.roomD.park小题17:A.wantedB.agreedC.promisedD.longed小题18:A.SinceB.OnceC.AsD.Because小题19:A.other thanB.more thanC.rather thanD.less than小题20:A.employerB.managerC.housekeeper
D.president
I was in a department store with my mom, aunt, and my sister a few days ago. &16 , I am one of those people who do not like to go shopping with my family. However, I decided this time to 17 them. My aunt and I were 18 for some things to buy for our family when I noticed two 19 on the side. One of them had a little girl sitting on it with her 20 nearby and the other one was 21 . So, I decided to sit down. While I was 22 &my own thing there, I 23 that the family were not in front of the &24 &anymore. I saw the girl 25 and look around for her family. She came back and I saw her in 26, crying. I knew that she 27 her family and was all by herself . Now, I am sure that almost everybody has been lost in a department store or 28 big before and we all know that feeling. 29 I went up to her and asked what was 30 and in between tears she told me she was lost. I 31 her a smile card I just bought. You should have seen the 32 on her face when she read it. Then I went up to customer service center and 33 them what happened. People there promised to 34 her. After I left, the little girl’s parents went there and I could see them looking around for the person who had found their daughter and given her the35. Little did they know it was a regular teenager who did it.小题1:A.LuckilyB.UsuallyC.SadlyD.Surprisingly小题2:A.helpB.encourageC.joinD.support小题3:A.answeringB.lookingC.preparingD.calling小题4:A.chairsB.childrenC.signsD.toys小题5:A.friendsB.bookC.familyD.bags小题6:A.cleanB.largeC.emptyD.beautiful小题7:A.studyingB.carryingC.buyingD.doing小题8:A.noticedB.believedC.doubtedD.understood小题9:A.shopB.giftC.girlD.lady小题10:A.get upB.come upC.give upD.make up小题11:A.returnB.detailC.vainD.tears小题12:A.hatedB.raisedC.lostD.lived小题13:A.somewhereB.somethingC.everywhereD.everything小题14:A.IfB.AsC.SoD.Or小题15:A.importantB.wrongC.strangeD.different小题16:A.lentB.gaveC.sentD.posted小题17:A.smileB.hopeC.puzzleD.worry小题18:A.remindedB.warnedC.askedD.told小题19:A.look out forB.take care ofC.wait forD.call up小题20:A.courageB.moneyC.explanationD.card
I grew up poor — living with six brothers, three sisters and my mother. We had little money, but plenty of love and &&36 &. I was happy and energetic. I understood that no matter how poor a person was, he could still &&37 &&a dream.My dream was &&38 &. By the time I was sixteen, I could throw a ninety-mile-per-hour baseball and &&39 &&anything that moved on the field. I was also &&40 &: my high school coach was John, who not only &&41 &&me, but also taught me how to believe in myself. He &&42 &&me the difference between having a dream and showing conviction (信念). One particular incident with coach John changed my life forever.A friend &&43 &&me for a summer job. This meant a chance for money in my pocket — money for a new bike, new clothes and the &&44 &&of savings for a house for my mother. Then I realized I would have to &&45 &&up summer baseball to handle the work schedule, and that meant I would have to tell John I wouldn’t be playing.When I told John, he was as &&46 &&as I expected him to be. “You have your whole life to work,” he said, “Your &&47 &&days are limited. You can’t afford to waste them.” I stood before him with my head &&48 &, trying to think of the words that would &&49 &&to him why my dream of buying my mom a house and having money in my pocket was worth facing his &&50 &&in me.“Well,” he asked, “is $3.5 an hour the &&51 &&of a dream?”That simple question made &&52 &&to me the difference between &&53 &&something right now and having a goal. I devoted myself in sports that summer and &&54 &&the year I was chosen by the Pittsburgh Pirates to play baseball, and &&55 &&a $ 20,000 contract(合同). Later, I bought my mother the house of my dream!小题1:A.attentionB.time C.patienceD.fashion小题2:A.bring B.continueC.make D.afford小题3:A.athletics B.music C.business D.money小题4:A.kick B.play C.hitD.pass小题5:A.right B.popular C.lucky D.confident小题6:A.believed in B.relied on C.called on D.dealt with小题7:A.gave B.taught C.brought D.asked小题8:A.called B.advised C.applied D.recommended小题9:A.aim B.idea C.start D.purpose小题10:A.keep B.end C.give D.pick小题11:A.happy B.madC.frightened D.excited小题12:A.living B.working C.playing D.dreaming小题13:A.moving B.hanging C.shaking D.nodding小题14:A.express B.announce C.apologiseD.explain小题15:A.belief B.pride C.fear D.disappointment小题16:A.lengthB.priceC.powerD.spirit小题17:A.clear B.direct C.straight D.attractive小题18:A.wanting B.changing C.dreaming D.enjoying小题19:A.by B.for C.beyond D.within小题20:A.paid B.found C.offered D.presented
题型:阅读理解
The writer Margaret Mitchell is best known for writing Gone with the Wind, first published in 1936. Her book and the movie based on it, tell a story of love and survival during the American Civil War. Visitors to the Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta, Georgia, can go where she lived when she started composing the story and learn more about her life.Our first stop at the Margaret Mitchell House is an exhibit area telling about the writer’s life. She was born in Atlanta in 1900. She started writing stories when she was a child. She started working as a reporter for the Atlanta Journal newspaper in 1922. One photograph of Ms. Mitchell, called Peggy, shows her talking to a group of young college boys. She was only about one and a half meters tall. The young men tower over her, but she seems very happy and sure of herself. The tour guide explains: “Now in this picture Peggy is interviewing some boys from Georgia Tech, asking them such questions as ‘Would you really marry a woman who works?’ And today it’d be ‘Would you marry one who doesn’t?’ ”The Margaret Mitchell House is a building that once contained several apartments. Now we enter the first floor apartment where Ms. Mitchell lived with her husband, John Marsh. They made fun of the small apartment by calling it “The Dump ” .Around 1926, Margaret Mitchell had stopped working as a reporter and was at home healing after an injury. Her husband brought her books to read from the library. She read so many books that he bought her a typewriter and said it was time for her to write her own book. Our guide says Gone with the Wind became a huge success. Margaret Mitchell received the Pulitzer Prize for the book. In 1939 the film version was released. It won ten Academy Awards, including Best Picture.小题1:The book Gone with the Wind was _________.A.first published on a newspaperB.awarded ten Academy Awards C.written in “The Dump”D.adapted from a movie小题2:The underlined phrase “tower over” in Paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to_________.A.be very pleased withB.show great respect forC.be much taller thanD.show little interest in小题3:Why did Ms. Mitchell stop working as a reporter according to the passage?A.Because she was rich enough.B.Because she was injured then.C.Because her husband didn’t like it.D.Because she wanted to write books.小题4:We can know about Margaret Mitchell from the passage that _________.A.her height made her marriage unhappyB.her interest in writing continued as an adultC.writing stopped her working as a reporterD.her life was full of hardship and sadness小题5:Which is the best title for the passage?A.A Trip to Know Margaret Mitchell.B. Gone with the Wind: A Huge Success.C.An Introduction of the Margaret Mitchell House.D.Margaret Mitchell: A Great Female Writer.
In early autumn I applied for admission to college. I wanted to go nowhere but to Cornell University, but my mother fought strongly against it. When she saw me studying a photograph of my father on the sports ground of Cornell, she tore it up. “You can’t say it’s not a great university, just because Papa went there.”“That’s not it at all. And it is a top university.” She was still holding the pieces in her hand. “But we can’t afford to send you to college.”“I wouldn’t dream of asking you for money. Do you want me to get a job to help support you and Papa? Things aren’t that bad, are they?”“No,” she said. “I don’t expect you to help support us.”Father borrowed money form his rich cousins to start a small jewellery shop, His chief customers were his old college friends. To get new customers, my mother had to help. She picked up a long-forgotten membership in the local league of women, so that she could get to know more people. Whether those people would turn into customers was another question. I knew that my Parents had to wait for quite a long time before their small investment (投资) could show returns. What’s more, they had not wanted enough to be rich and successful ;Otherwise they could not possibly have managed their lives so badly.I was torn between the desire to help them and change their lives, and the determination not to repeat their mistakes. I had a strong belief in my power to go what I wanted. After months of hard study I won a full college scholarship(奖学金).My father could hardly contain his pride in me, and my mother eventually gave in before my success.小题1:The author was not allowed to go to Cornell University mainly because&&&&& .A.his father graduated from the universityB.his mother did not thinks it a great universityC.his parents needed him to help support the familyD.his parents did not have enough money for him小题2:The father started his small shop with the money from&&&&&&&&&. A.a local leagueB.his universityC.his relativesD.his college friends小题3:Why did the mother renew her membership in the league?&&&&&&A.To help with her husband’s businessB.To raise money for her sonC.To meet her long-forgotten friendsD.To better manage her life小题4:According to the text, what was the author determined to do in that autumn?&A.To get a well-paid job for himselfB.To improve relations with his motherC.To go to his dream universityD.To carry on with his father’s business
For several years, Americans have enjoyed teleshopping watching TV and buying things by phone. &(66) &In a number of Europe countries, people can turn on their TVs and shop for clothes, jewelry, food, toys, and many other things.&(67) &&For example, the biggest Swedish company sells different kinds of things on TV in 15 Europe countries, and in one year it made $100 million. In France there are two teleshopping channels, and the French spend about $20 million a year to buy things through those channels. In Germany, until last year teleshopping was only possible on one channel for 1 hour every day. Then the government allowed more teleshopping. Other channels can open for telebusiness, including the largest American teleshopping company and a 24-hour teleshopping company. &(68) Some people like teleshopping because it allows them to do their shopping without leaving their homes. With all the problems of traffic in the cities, this is an important reason, but at the same time, other Europeans do not like this new way of shopping. (69) Many Europeans usually worry about the quality of the things for sale on TV. Good quality is important to them, and they believe they cannot be sure about the quality of the things on TV.&(70) They will have to be more careful about the quality of the things they sell. They will also have to work harder to sell things that the buyers cannot touch or see in person.A.Now teleshopping is starting in EuropeanB.They call teleshopping “ Junk on the air”C.Teleshopping is becoming popular in SwedenD.German businesses are hoping this new teleshopping will help them sell more things E. The need for high quality means that European teleshopping companies will have to be different from the American companies. F. Teleshopping is popular among people.66._______&&& 67._________& 68._________& 69.___________& 70.___________
Charlie Chaplin was the first international star of the modern era(年代). He was especially beloved for his Little Tramp 32. He was the first screen artist to write, 33 and perf in fact, 34 Charlie Chaplin even wrote the music for his movies. He was also the first artist to use his work to pass a 35of equality and justice for all —36for the "little guy". Charlie Chaplin's career and life made 37 the first global icon (偶像); his too-small hat, his too large shoes and his trademark moustache were instantly 38 by audiences from Chicago to China, from Iowa City to India. And they 39 are today. All of these make Charlie Chaplin the first citizen of our global village.Chaplin, a native of London, was born in40 on April 16, 1889 to music hall performers. Chaplin only saw his 41twice until the age of seven. The man 42 him and his mother about a year after Chaplin was 43. During Chaplin's earliest years, his mother was a(n) 44and performer. Then her voice gave out, her stage career 45, and she began actively 46Church of England services. At the age of 47, Chaplin's mother was considered as the insane and sent to Cane Hill lunatic asylum (疯人院), and the 48 sent Charlie and his brother to live with his father, 49 had by then stopped all payments of child support.Charlie Chaplin lived with his father only a short time 50 his mother was released from the lunatic asylum and then 51Charlie and his brother, to live with her once again.小题1:A.characterB.behaviourC.personalityD.gentleman小题2:A.actB.shootC.directD.edit小题3:A.in case ofB.in this caseC.in caseD.in some cases小题4:A.possibilityB.messageC.cultureD.promise小题5:A.generallyB.widelyC.especiallyD.totally小题6:A.himB.themC.usD.it小题7:A.believedB.recognizedC.realizedD.known小题8:A.reallyB.alwaysC.stillD.ever小题9:A.happinessB.luckC.povertyD.peace小题10:A.brotherB.teacherC.motherD.father小题11:A.taughtB.leftC.lovedD.expected小题12:A.bornB.youngC.illD.old小题13:A.actorB.artistC.dancerD.singer小题14:A.endedB.beganC.brokeD.continued小题15:A.attendingB.workingC.joiningD.asking小题16:A.eightB.sevenC.nineD.ten小题17:A.motherB.policeC.familyD.court小题18:A.whichB.whatC.heD.who小题19:A.thenB.whenC.beforeD.until小题20:A.took awayB.picked upC.took apartD.brought up
Einstein was the greatest scientist of his age. But he was almost as strange as his Theory of Relativity. Once, while riding a street car in Berlin, he told the conductor that he had been given too much change. The conductor counted the change again and found it to be correct, so he handed it back to Einstein, saying “The trouble with you is you don’t know your figures.” He had nothing and thought little of the things most people set their hearts on— fame and money. He didn’t want money or praise. He made his own happiness out of such simple things as his work and playing the violin and sailing his boat. Einstein’s violin brought him more joy than anything else in life. He led a very simple sort of life, went around in old clothes that needed pressing, seldom wore a hat, He shaved (刮胡子)with the same soap that he used for his bath. The man who was trying to solve the most difficult problems of the universe said that using two kinds of soap made his life completely too complicated(复杂的). 小题1:From the second paragraph we know Einstein _____.A.wasn’t good at mathsB.enjoyed playing jokesC.had some trouble with figuresD.didn’t care about money at all小题2:Einstein was most interested in ______ in life.A.sailing his boatB.fame and moneyC.playing the violinD.work小题3:“…using two kinds of soap made his life completely too complicated” in the last paragraph suggests that Einstein ______.A.preferred to live a simple lifeB.was a man of humorC.was too poor to buy more soapsD.liked to do something different

我要回帖

更多关于 an american in paris 的文章

随机推荐