is you beside me, protect me,youyou love yourselff?

小题1:C小题2:G小题3:A小题4:D小题5:E试题分析:本文主要讲述了度假对我们来说很重要,在我们出发度假之前要注意安排好自己的工作和其他的事项,不要因为度假而影响了自己的主要的工作。小题1:C 根据下句A vacation allows you the opportunity to recharge your physical and motional batteries, disconnect from everyday concerns, and return to work rested and refreshed.可知度假有很多的好处,虽然我们很忙,但是度假是我们不得不做的事情。故C项符合上下文。小题2:G 根据下句For instance, if a big task is planned for the summer, you may consider postponing your trip until the fall.可知在我们计划假期的时候要考虑到自己的工作,要把工作的度假安排好,不要出现影响工作的情况。故G项符合上下文。小题3:A 根据前句Ask others for assistance.可知我们可以向别人求助,接下来将是的就是求助别人的内容,故A项符合上下文。小题4:D 根据前句Give colleagues and customers you frequently work with a few weeks’ notice before you start off.可知要提前告诉对方你的计划,这样给对方足够的时间做好安排你不在的时候的工作。故D项符合上下文。小题5:E 根据前一句Before you leave, make sure there is plenty of room in your e-mail inbox so you don’t exceed (超越) your storage limit可知在我们出发之前要考虑很多的细节的内容,E项也是其中之一。点评:本文主要讲述了度假对我们来说很重要,在我们出发度假之前要注意安排好自己的工作和其他的事项,不要因为度假而影响了自己的主要的工作。本题的关键在于要根据上下文的语境来找出串联的信息点,把握上下文之间的逻辑关系,通过前后的意思连贯性及细致性用心的答题,定能完成的很好。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Four simple keys to transform your life The power of choice.Every one of us makes countless choices every day. Every choice we make has an impact on our lives. Even insignificant choices can affect what we experience and how we feel. When hunger strikes, we can reach for a healthy, nutritious snack, or we can choose the sugar high of junk food. The more important the decision, the greater its effect. For instance, how do I act towards that person who treated me badly? Do I generally choose to be passive, or do I actively set clear intentions and create what I want in my life? Every choice we make, however big or small, affects us in some way.How do you make choices?If you are interested in living a richer, fuller life, there is a foundation upon which you can base all of your decisions which can make life better not only for you, but also for those around you. This foundation is to choose based on what’s best for all. Imagine a world where every parent, spouse(配偶), friend, teacher, businessperson, and politician truly did their best to choose what’s best for all involved in every decision they made. We would certainly live in a more caring, supportive world.It’s the intention.“But how do I know what is really best?” you might ask. The answer is simple. It doesn’t matter. What matters is not the choice you make, but rather the intention behind your choice. What matters is that whatever decision you make, you are clear in your intention of choosing based on what’s best for all. If it later turns out that you made what appears to have been a bad choice, there’s no need for guilt. Knowing that you did your best to choose with a sincere desire for what’s best for all, your conscience stays clear and open. This then allows you to more easily learn from your mistakes, and to live with a clear heart and mind.What’s best for me, too!Choosing what’s best does not mean you have to always sacrifice yourself for other. An overly(过度的) exhausted mother can lose her temper easily. Some time off for this mother might seem selfish, yet in the long run, it can help her to be a better mother to her children. So as we move through each day of our lives, let us remember to include ourselves as we do our best to choose what’s best for all.小题1:According to the passage, which of the following statements is NOT true?A.Every one of us makes countless choices every day.B.Every choice, however big or small, has an influence on us.C.People act differently towards the person who treated them badly.D.People tend to reach for a junk snack when hunger strikes.小题2:How should we make choices?A.To be interested in a richer, fuller life.B.To make life better for ourselves.C.To base our choices on what’s best for all.D.To imagine a world where everyone did their best.小题3: According to the author, what is really best?A.The choice you make.B.The intention behind your choice.C.The mistake you learn from.D.The consequence of your choice.小题4:To choose what is best for us, we’d better ________.A.try to be selfish all the timeB.sacrifice ourselves for othersC.set aside some time for ourselvesD.control our temper before children
题型:完形填空
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分;满分20分)My name is Amy. I’m a 25-year-old graduate student who likes yoga, home-decorating shows and eating spoonfuls of peanut butter &&1&&from the jar. Oh yeah, and I’m an iPhone addict.I wasn’t always an addict. In fact, for many years I told myself I didn’t want a &&2&&&&&&&cellphone. They seemed like too much work, always beeping, ringing and &&3&&attention. I was &&4&&content with my simple antique (古董,此处指旧手机), and I didn’t expect to change my mind any time soon.However, about a year ago, I found myself envious of all those proud iPhone owners, cradling their shiny new phones and &&5&&all their friends. I started listening secretly to conversations about “iPhone apps”, feeling like a &&6&&listening to a language I couldn’t speak.Eventually I couldn’t &&7&&my iPhone instinct (本能) any longer, and I welcomed my new iPhone into my life.To my surprise, I suddenly found myself with a whole new circle of friends. They &&8&&&&&my iPhone-related inquiries when my other friends couldn’t, and didn’t &&9&&when I bragged about (吹嘘) all the things little Eloise (yes, I named her) could do.However, I realized I had a problem when one day I found myself Google-mapping my way to my mailbox, which happens to be right outside my front door.When I &&10&&the past few months, I couldn’t believe I didn’t see this coming. All the &&11&&signs were there. Eloise slept right beside me and was the first thing I &&12&in the morning. I &&13&&my e-mail about 20 times a day. I also experienced &&14&&when I left poor Eloise in the change room at the gym. &&15&&she beeped and needed my response? Okay, so I was addicted to my iPhone.I decided &&16&&had to be done. But, as I quickly realized, iPhones are like &&17&&and not easy to quit.Then, while taking the bus to work one day, I was &&18&&forced to quit—at least &&19&. When I reached into my purse to grab Eloise, (to refer to my e-mail for only the seventh time that morning), I found her &&20&&by fever. She was so hot that I dropped her immediately back into my bag. When I picked her up again, she was gone.小题1:A.straight B.excitedlyC.hurriedlyD.randomly小题2:A.faithfulB.fancyC.fragileD.curious小题3:A.demandingB.attemptingC.rejectingD.paying小题4:A.partlyB.frequentlyC.perfectlyD.gradually小题5:A.showing them off toB.impressing them onC.discussing them withD.recommending them to小题6:A.farmerB.touristC.nativeD.worker小题7:A.inspectB.submitC.ignoreD.confirm小题8:A.turned downB.laughed atC.comment onD.responded to小题9:A.roll their eyesB.open their mouthsC.wave their handsD.nod their heads小题10:A.rest onB.reflect uponC.settle downD.concentrate on小题11:A.funnyB.guiltyC.warningD.positive小题12:A.dream ofB.came acrossC.glanced throughD.reached for小题13:A.checkedB.wrote C.deliveredD.deleted小题14:A.happinessB.anxietyC.starvationD.disappointment小题15:A.How whenB.How aboutC.What if D.In case小题16:A.nothingB.anythingC.everythingD.something小题17:A.cigarettesB.coffeeC.booksD.milk小题18:A.instantlyB.unexpectedlyC.completelyD.surprisingly小题19:A.permanentlyB.unwillinglyC.temporarilyD.accidentally小题20:A.drownedB.removedC.explodedD.overcome
题型:完形填空
My First JobI was six when I joined my father and two elder brothers at sunrise in the fields of Eufaula. Okla. &36 &the time I was eight I was helping Dad fix up old furniture. He gave me a cent for every nail I &37 &out of old boards.I got my first &38 &job, at JM’s Restaurant in town, when I was 12. My main responsibilities (职责) were &39&&tables and washing dishes, &40 &sometimes I helped cook.Every day after school I would &41 &to JM’s and work until ten. Even on Saturdays I &42 &from two until eleven. At that age it was difficult going to work and &43 &my friends run off to swim or play. I didn’t necessarily like work, but I loved what working& 44&&me to have. Because of my &45 &I was always the one buying when my friends and I went to the local Taste Freeze. This made me &46 &.Word that I was trustworthy and hard-working &47 &around town. A local clothing store offered me credit (赊帐) &48 &I was only in seventh grade. I immediately &49 &a $68 sports coat and a $22 pair of shoes. I was &50 &only 65 cents an hour, and I already owed(欠) the storekeeper $90! So I learned &51 &the danger of easy credit. I paid it &52 &as soon as I could.My first job taught me self-control, responsibility and brought me a &53 &of personal satisfaction few of my friends had experienced. As my father, &54 &worked three jobs, once told me, “If you &55 &sacrifice (奉献) and responsibility, there are not many things in life you can’t have.”How right he was.小题1:A.BeforeB.WithinC.FromD.By小题2:A.pulledB.putC.pickedD.pressed小题3:A.usualB.realC.mainD.particular小题4:A.sweepingB.packingC.clearingD.emptying小题5:A.orB.soC.butD.even小题6:A.headB.turnC.changeD.move小题7:A.studiedB.workedC.playedD.slept小题8:A.helpingB.havingC.watchingD.letting小题9:A.askedB.toldC.promisedD.allowed小题10:A.studyB.powerC.ageD.job小题11:A.proudB.friendlyC.luckyD.hopeful小题12:A.ranB.gotC.flewD.carried小题13:A.althoughB.whileC.ifD.since小题14:A.soldB.borrowedC.chargedD.wore小题15:A.keepingB.makingC.payingD.taking小题16:A.graduallyB.greatlyC.hardlyD.early小题17:A.outB.overC.awayD.off小题18:A.pointB.levelC.partD.sign小题19:A.heB.thatC.whoD.whoever小题20:A.understandB.demandC.offerD.fear
How difficult change is depends a lot on your attitude towards it and your resistance to it. Your attitude to change can make the whole transformation process much easier.
Imagine change as a pair of shoes and this will help you understand change and how it works. I am sure that you have ever had a comfortable pair of shoes in your life. A pair of shoes is so comfortable that you really don’t want to get rid of them.
You know you need a new pair, and may even have them, but you don’t want to wear them because you are comfortable with your current pair. Besides, the new pair may hurt your feet, give you blisters(水疱) or be awkward to wear to start with. So, you resist the new shoes. However, you know that this new pair would be much better for your feet, and after the initial discomfort they would probably be even more comfortable, yet you still resist.
Do you know I’m doing this now? I’m wearing my comfortable shoes and they feel good. They have a hole in each heel, and the sole is starting to fall off, but I’m persisting in wearing them.
This desc change of our habits, change of our thought patterns. We stick with the old patterns because they are comfortable. Yet once we get over the initial pain of the transformation, the new pattern will be comfortable and feel good until the time comes when we need another new pair of shoes.小题1:Why do people prefer old shoes to new ones?A.They have much emotion in the old ones. B.They are more comfortable. C.New shoes always harm the feet. D.They look better than the new ones.小题2: According to the passage, we know that people ______.A.don’t realize the benefit of the new shoes very wellB.are positive and open-minded to accept new thingsC.actually know the change will finally be good for themD.don’t accept new patterns because they are not good小题3: What can be inferred from the passage?A.Once we form a habit, it’s difficult to change it.B.Most people pay more attention to the future life.C.One’s attitude towards something is usually traditional. D.The more often we change, the better our life will be.
People who are hit by lightning and survive often have long-term effects. These may include memory loss, sleep disorders, muscle pain and depression. Experts tell people to seek the safety of a building or a hard-top vehicle any time they hear thunder, even if it is not raining. They say lightning can strike as far as sixteen kilometers from any rainfall. Lightning can travel sideways. And at least ten percent of lightning happens without any clouds overhead that you can see. People who are outdoors should make sure they are not the tallest thing around. Bend low to the ground, but do not lie down. And do not stand near tall object. Get away from water and anything made of metal. A car is safe, but don’t touch any metal inside.Safety experts say people in buildings should stay away from anything with wires or pipes that lead to the outside. The National Weather Service says if you plan to disconnect any electronic equipment, do so before the storm arrives. Do not& use a wired telephone. Do not use water. All these can carry electricity.Some people think a person struck by lightning carries an electrical charge afterward. Experts say this is not true. It is safe to begin emergency treatment
Each year about four hundred people in the United States are struck by lightning. Last year forty four people died. The average is close to seventy. The National Weather Service says that is more than the number of people killed by severe storms.小题1:According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?A.Lightning can happen even if there is no cloud.B.Lightning can’t strike very far.C.Lightning can’t travel sideways.D.Don’t stay in a car when lightning happen.小题2:We can learn from the passage that________.A.it’s better to turn off any electronic equipment before the storm arrives.B.a wired telephone is not safe to use in rainy days.C.a person struck by lightning is said to carry an electrical charge afterward.D.severe storms kill more people than lightning does.小题3:The underlined word ”depression” probably means”_______”.A.excitementB.a state of being forgettableC.silenceD.a feeling of being sad小题4:The passage is mainly about______.A.where people should stay in case of lightningB.some common knowledge about lightning safetyC.how lightning travelsD.a report written by the National Weather Service
While I was on a trip to Papua New Guinea to take underwater photographs, I asked a local dive guide to help me find a pygmy sea horse(侏儒海马). I wanted to take a picture of it. These sea horses can be red or yellow-and-orange. The red pygmy sea horse lives on only one type of coral, a red sea fan that grows at depths below ninety feet.This depth made the job even tougher. As the pressure on my body increased, I had to breathe harder, which used my air supply faster. So the deeper I dived, the shorter my time underwater.I had a lot to do. First, I had to find the pygmy sea horse’s special type of fan .Then I had to look over the whole fan with my magnifying glass(放大镜) to see if a sea horse lived on it. If not, I had to find another fan—all the while keeping an eye on my oxygen supply. The second fan rewarded me with a find. The dive guide held the magnifying glass so I could have my first look at the tiny fish.My next challenge was to focus my camera on such a small subject. The dive guide pointed at the tiny creature. I looked through the viewfinder(取景物) on my large underwater camera housing(相架), found the guide’s finger, and followed it to the sea horse.It was hard to hold ourselves steady because both of us were floating in mid-water, but our system worked. I could hardly contain my excitement as I focused on the eyes of the cutest sea horse imaginable.小题1:What do we learn about the red pygmy sea horse?A.It lives on red sea fans only. B.It swims very quickly.C.It lives nine feet deep. D.It usually floats in mid-water.小题2:From Paragraph 3 we learn &&&&&&&.A.how the author swam under waterB.how the author found a sea horseC.why the author dived with a guideD.why the author used a magnifying glass小题3:While the author was taking pictures of the sea horse, &&&&&&&.A.she felt extremely nervousB.her camera didn’t work wellC.the guide helped focus the cameraD.the sea horse was swimming away小题4:Why did the author write the passage?A.To study the natural habitat of sea animals.B.To explain why sea horses are endangered.C.To tell us how to be an underwater photographer.D.To show us how she took pictures of a sea horse.
We live in a very competitive world. Everybody seems to be competing with someone at some level. Each week we spend hours playing or watching others compete in sporting activities all over the world. We cannot help being impressed by the level of excellence that these people achieve.In sport and business, competition encourages excellence in performance. Where there is no competition, improvement in performance is less likely. Some level of competition is a have-to in all aspects of life.The following story makes this point.As two friends are hiking in the forest they come across a huge, ferocious and obviously hungry bear. Its next meal has just come into sight, and they are it! The first friend calculates that the bear will catch them in 27.3 seconds. At that point, she panics, realizing there is no escape. She faces her friend, with the fear of death in her eyes. To her amazement, she observes that her friend is not scared at all. On the contrary, her friend is quickly but calmly taking off her hiking boots and putting on running shoes. “What do you think you’re doing?” the first hiker says to her companion. “You’ll never be able to run faster than that bear”. “That’s true,” says the companion, “but all I have to do is escape, faster than you.”We all compete when the motivation is strong enough. However, competition is not the real purpose of life. Fulfilling the measure of our creation can only be achieved individually.Most of time, we are not in competition with any other person, so we do not have to compare ourselves with others. There is only one person that can fulfill our role and that is us. This means that others cannot beat us to the finish line because there is no race. This is not to say that others do not have a similar role to us, but it is never the same. This is important to understand if we are going to enjoy life. Every human being is unique and cannot be cloned. In this, I am not referring to the body, only to the spirit, soul, or the essence of a person.小题1:The first four paragraphs tell us that competition&&&&&&&.A.is necessary though harmfulB.only exists in sports and businessC.is a fight against oneselfD.is unavoidable and beneficial小题2:Why is the story of two friends told in the passage?A.To advise friends to be loyal even in competition.B.To expose the weak side of friendship when tested.C.To support the author’s own argument on competition.D.To persuade people to beat others, even friends.小题3:From the last two paragraphs we learn that&&&&&&&.A.there is more to life than just competitionB.we don’t have to compete since we are all differentC.we have to beat others in order to surviveD.competition plays an important role in social development小题4:As a whole the passage advises the readers to&&&&&&&.A.realize we are living in a world of competitionB.face competition in a balanced state of mindC.have a strong sense of being a possible winnerD.value friendship however fierce competition may be
To: "The Shoe People" &&From: "John Trimbald" &&Subject: Customer ComplaintTo Whom it May Concern,I have trusted the Shoe People to protect the feet of my employees for over ten years now. I recently purchased a few pairs of boots from your company for my crew. Though my men were initially satisfied with the boots, the soles began to fall apart on them after just twelve weeks. This was extremely surprising considering they came with a six year warranty. The boots are unsafe to wear because my men are pouring hot concrete. Please respond as soon as possible with instructions on how I can return the boots and receive a refund.Thank you,John Trimbald, Foreman, JT ConstructionTo: “John Trimbald” &jtconstruction @ img. com&From: “The Shoe People” &inquiries @ shoepeople. com&Dear Mr. Trimbald,Thank you for your e-mail concerning the poor quality of our rubber soled black workboots. A representative will be by your office next week to pick up the damaged boots. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your crew. Along with five new pairs of workboots for your crew (we included one extra pair), we have enclosed a free year's supply of sole protector spray. In our retail stores, this spray is always recommended to buyers who work on heated floors. This should have been brought to your attention at the time of your initial order. Please excuse our oversight. To date we have had no complaints about these workboots from customers who have used the protector spray. However, should you use the spray and find that you are still unsatisfied with the boots, please return the boots and spray for a full refund. Thank you for supporting The Shoe People. Have a Happy New Year.Sincerely,Stan Mason, President小题1:The first email is basically an email of&&&&&&&&.A.apologyB.sympathyC.appreciationD.complaint小题2:What’s wrong with the boots John Trimbald bought?A.The soles of the boots began to fall apart.B.The color of the boots had shaded a lot.C.The boots didn’t fit the workers well.D.The patterns of the boots didn’t satisfy the workers.小题3:What is the underlined word “spray” used for according to the passage?A.To repair the damaged boots.B.To protect the soles from heat.C.To prevent the crew from danger.D.To protect the boots from concrete.小题4:According to the president of The Shoe People, John Trimbald&&&&&&&&.A.can exchange the damaged boots with new ones at any timeB.must return the damaged boots to any of the retail storesC.will get new pairs of boots and a free year’s supply of sprayD.can return the damaged boots and spray for a full refund now

我要回帖

更多关于 except和beside的区别 的文章

随机推荐