哪个正确leave a message foron还是in a cell phone

What is Airplane Mode on a Cell Phone? (with pictures)
Category:&
What is Airplane Mode on a Cell Phone?
Airplane mode can be set to save a phone's battery.
Airlines are allowed to remove passengers who do not follow the airline's regulations regarding cell phone use.
Phones must be turned off during takeoff and landing, but airplane mode can be used during the flight.
Article Details
Written By:
Mary McMahon
Edited By: Bronwyn Harris
Last Modified Date: 27 September 2015
Copyright Protected:
Conjecture Corporation
Free Widgets for your Site/Blog
The first British Museum zoologist to examine a platypus thought it was fake and tried to remove its bill.&
In a major turn of events in World War II, Italy declared war on Germany.&
Subscribe to wiseGEEK
Learn something new every day
wiseGEEK Slideshows
You won't believe these 10 facts about people
Top 10 amazing movie makeup transformations
Adorable animal families that will make you "aww"
These 10 animal facts will amaze you
10 most extreme places on Earth
Top 10 unbelievable historical concurrencies
These 10 facts about space will blow your mind
10 hilariously insightful foreign words
Can you see through these real-life optical illusions?
Top 10 facts about the world
Airplane mode is a setting on many cellphones which disables their wireless communication abilities, theoretically making them approved for use on . While in airplane mode, a phone cannot send or receive phone calls, text messages, picture messages, or video messages. However, functions like music players, games, calendars, and so forth can continue to be used.
The idea behind airplane mode is that many people wish to continue using their cell phones on planes to do things like listen to music and check appointments, but the use of cell phones on planes is banned due to the fact that their signals could cause interference. Airplane mode allows cell phone users to circumvent the ban, ensuring that their phones are safe to use on aircraft while th electronic devices must be turned off for takeoff and landing.
There are two reasons why people are not allowed to use cell phones on aircraft, although the rules against cell phone usage may change at some point. The first reason is that the radio signals emitted by phones could interfere with the communications and guidance systems on the aircraft, which could potentially be very dangerous. In addition, cell phone networks on the ground cannot cope with cell phones being used on planes, because planes travel very fast and at high , so a phone on a plane could confuse a network on the ground.
If a phone offers an airplane mode setting, the user's manual usually clearly shows how to turn airplane mode off and on, and typically it can also be found through the phone's menu. When airplane mode is activated, a small icon often shows up on the screen of the phone to indicate this. In some cases, the user may have to use a
to activate and turn off airplane mode, to ensure that it is not accidentally switched on and off.
Although airplane mode technically makes a phone legal to use on an aircraft, some airlines request that passengers turn their cellphones off anyway, or a
who is not familiar with the technology may ask you to turn your phone off. Sometimes, explaining that you are using airplane mode is sufficient, and the flight attendant will allow you to leave your phone on, but in other cases, you may be asked to turn it off. Although this may seem unreasonable, it in the wake of the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States, airlines are entitled to remove passengers from flights if they fail to comply with requests the
terms “reasonable.”
You might also Like
Recommended
Related wiseGEEK Articles
Discuss this Article
anon966109
Cell phones when used in planes and trains disrupt other passengers who want refuge from these yappers! Can you imagine some moron close to you yapping for six hours
incessantly. It may force some people to take drastic action. Be safe! Avoid possible accidents. No cell phones on planes!
anon945932
Does the airport mode on my desktop computer need to be on for any reason? I noticed that the ipod has an airport mode but never noticed it on my home computer. Was it transferred by downloading dropbox?
anon313694
The only reason not to allow cell phones to function on a plane are the obnoxious, loudmouthed morons who think they have to speak as if only then could the people they call hear them.
anon285234
A cell phone is a radio! In airplane mode, the radio portion is disabled. You can play games, etc. If your phone works on an airplane, you may be interrupting guidance systems, even though the frequencies are far apart. The cell system is complex. You are not getting free calls. Because you are higher than normal, strong signals to different towers far apart would indicate your ESN has been stolen, putting it on the fraud list and disabled!
anon280723
If the phone is in airplane mode, say while on a cruise ship, would it prevent the excessive roaming charges incurred while aboard?
anon274796
In response to anon156670, they were able to use their phones because they weren't traveling at their usual height, hence being able to crash into a building.
anon156670
Can anyone explain that since cellphone coverage is not possible when flying on a commercial airliner operating at normal altitude (because of the reasons given in many of the above answers), then how come cellphone messages were claimed to have been received from airliners caught up in the events of 9-11? Not only are some of these 'messages' highly suspicious in themselves (one claims a son calls his mother and says 'Hello, this is John Smith'.. when was the last time you called your mom and used your full name?) but it's clear from many engineering reports that you just can't make reliable cell calls from an airline at altitude. So what were these calls? And why hasn't the subject been properly investigated?
anon152231
Very silly that people still think cellphones can interfere with electronics on a plane.There is no basis for this theory, and it has in fact been disproven by several independent tests, most notably MythBusters which airs on Discovery Channel.
anon144530
Cellphones don't do anything to interfere with a plane. Period.
anon138843
How about your cell phone in offline or airplane mode accessing the planes wi fi if available and your phone has skype and making a skype call, either skype to skype or skype to a landline with skype credit?
anon135048
If someone actually believes if you call from a plane the call is free, they are actually a moron. I have placed many calls from private planes, and they always show up on my verizon bill. So don't speak if you don't know what you are talking about.
anon132940
If my phone is in Airplane Mode, with no signals coming in or out, will any calls made to me still make it to my cell phone?
anon116253
The article is accurate. And don't believe the comments about phone calls would be free if we used phones on planes, that's not true at all. --Cell phone engineer.
anon105080
anon94575: Has it occurred to you that many companies give unlimited text messaging? It's in order to not interfere with radio frequencies. If you want to endanger your life by using your phone on a plane, by all means, be my guest.
No. Airplane mode simply turns off the communication functions on your phone so as to keep it from interfering with the guidance and communications of the plane. Even with airplane mode off, you would call normally because the networks are created by satellite. The network you connect to simply depends on your service provider. So, basically, the reason we are told to turn our phones off is to keep everyone on the plane safe and not because your calls will go free if you leave it on, which, by the way, will not happen. Airplane mode was created for hardworking people to continue working on their phone during the flight.
Okay basically, &Airplane mode& means that you can't send or receive messages 'because of interference with the aircraft.' However, the real reason is that because the cell doesn't know which network to use, the message you send would go for free. And therefore the network companies would be losing money. Simple. It's fine to use your phone.
thanks it makes sense. I was going crazy.
Thanks. This helped me so much. I was going on an airplane in a few days and I didn't know what it was.
if someone texts you when your phone is in flight mode, will you receive the test when you turn flight mode off?
Also, will it provide the accurate time that the message was sent?
That was a clear and straight to the point answer and gave me all the info I needed. Thank you so much for that and keep up the good work as this is a straight to the point and not a lot of run around like other sites. thank you.
i tried to turn my phone to the airplane mode and turn my wireless on then i can connect to the wireless and it allows me to make calls anywhere. i would like to know if my phone company can start charging me for that.
Thank you for giving a great response to my question!
I have a samsung sgh-a137 Go-Phone and it appears to be on "airplane mode and i cannot figure out how to change it. My 79 page manual does not help. Please help. I can't use my phone.
I would like to know what someone who dials a phone that is set on Airplane mode hears. Is it a "Sorry, the mobile subsciber cannot be reached?"
Thanks, just what I wanted to know.
i wish it was on a timer. That way I can have my kids' phones turn off automatically during school hours.
Answered my question perfectly. All I wanted to know is "the purpose of airplane mode." Your answer was the first one I found that actually answered that question, instead of giving me a list of what airplane mode allows you to do.
Thank you so much, yes big help! That is a cool feature! Thank you for taking time to explain it! helped me a lot. thanks. --GBU
Yeah, it does help. Thanks! :)
thanks. that helped.
thanks very much :) it definitely helped.
thanks. it helped!!
Does airplane mode stop the cell phone from giving off radiation ?
Please enter the code:
Make changes/additions/deletions to the article below, and one of our editors will publish your suggestions if warranted.
Optional: Explanation of your recommended changes
Thank You!
One of our editors will review your suggestion and make changes if warranted.
Note that depending on the number of suggestions we receive,
this can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
Thank you for helping to improve wiseGEEK!
Copyright & 2003 - 2015
Conjecture CorporationHow to Track a Cell Phone Number?
How to Track a Cell Phone by its Number?
&&&&&&&Share this article:
Founder-Editor
Raju is the founder-editor of Technology Personalized. A proud geek and an Internet freak, who is also a social networking enthusiast. You can follow him on
and on Twitter. Mail . Follow
You might also like
Popular Posts
Subscribe to TechPP
Subscribe to our email newsletter for useful tips and valuable resources. Choose your preference below.
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel
Facebook and addLeave A Message 歌词_百度知道
Leave A Message 歌词
提问者采纳
歌曲名:Leave A Message歌手:Styles P专辑:Time Is Moneyby Vaetion ChinLike Miss America trying to live her dreamShe's just another teenage drama queenAnd I'm just a boy that's stuck at homeI'll slip this note into your locker, reply yes or noLook at the time, c'mon baby let's goOh, you have my heart, you're in controlDid my plan backfire right in my face?Can you see the smoke rising oh from your place?And you knew all along what was wrongAnd so I'm leaving this message on your phoneWere you just too busy or just not home?And I'll leave a message after the toneAnd I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worstDon't worry girl, I deleted you firstAnd goodbye, so long, farewellThe love was good, but life was hellSo here comes your little bit of fameSilicone and yes lipstick will stainTo my face the color redI cannot get you outta my headI'll straighten up the top of youBut like a knife the jacket just won't just doAnd I'm hanging on here by a threadGo cut these trees, get out of my headDid my plan backfire right in my face?Could you see the smoke rising from your place?And you knew all along what was wrongAnd so I'm leaving this message on your phoneWere you just too busy or just not home?And I'll leave a message after the toneAnd I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worstDon't worry girl, I deleted you firstAnd goodbye, so long, farewellThe love was good, but life was hellAnd if I don't answer I'm probably just avoidingBecause conversation gets so annoyingAnd eave a message after the tone(Please leave a message, after the tone)And so I'm leaving this message on your phoneWere you just too busy or just not home?And I'll leave a message after the tone(Please leave a message, after the tone)And I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worstDon't worry girl, I deleted you firstAnd goodbye, so long, farewellThe love was good, but life was hell
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
歌词的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁41.– I'm sorry.Bob's not in his office.– ( ).A.Can you take a message for meB.Are you sure for thatC.Would you like to leave a messageD.Can you phone me42.Some of the citizens have been( )medals for bravery.A.givenB.offeredC.awardedD.paid43.– C_百度作业帮
41.– I'm sorry.Bob's not in his office.– ( ).A.Can you take a message for meB.Are you sure for thatC.Would you like to leave a messageD.Can you phone me42.Some of the citizens have been( )medals for bravery.A.givenB.offeredC.awardedD.paid43.– C
41.– I'm sorry.Bob's not in his office.– ( ).A.Can you take a message for meB.Are you sure for thatC.Would you like to leave a messageD.Can you phone me42.Some of the citizens have been( )medals for bravery.A.givenB.offeredC.awardedD.paid43.– Can you tell me how much a radio like this costs?– ( ).A.I'd like to buy itB.It's of very good qualityC.About eighty-five dollarsD.It depends on how you like it44.– Hello!Can I get a seat on the 8 pm flight to Detroit?– ( ).A.Hello!International AirlineB.You'd better look up the schedule firstC.I'm sorry,but it's completely bookedD.I'm afraid you have to change45.– Well,Mary,how are you?– ( ).A.I'm goodB.I'm pleasedC.I'm fineD.I'm nice46.This is the house( )he lived last year.A.thatB.whichC.whereD.what47.The bedroom needs( ).A.decoratingB.to decorateC.decorateD.decorated48.It's very convenient( )here.A.to liveB.liveC.livedD.living49.– Where are you from?– ( ).A.AfricanB.BritainC.AustralianD.American50.The mistake was( )by the carelessness of the assistant.A.dueB.causedC.becauseD.owe
acccc caabb
48题不选living?
convenient后可接不定式,但句子应带有形式主语或形式宾语 it。如:I think it (is) convenient to leave at once. 我认为马上离开较适合。
cccdccaadb
41.CCCCC46.CAABB
ACCCCCAABBWhy should you read this chapter?
By learning about different methodologies of getting work done, and becoming more productive, you will learn how the act of giving up your cell phone allows you to focus on the most critical elements of your life. By ditching an item that serves as a constant form of distraction, you train your mind to become more focused and more productive.
Whether or not you decide to ditch your cell phone is your own prerogative. Any act or “How to,” is different
however, the principles that underlie the act of giving up your cell phone are immutable. The principles of abandoning distraction always result in the concept of nowness. Embracing this principle will allow you to accomplish your goals and gain the freedom.
Why would anyone ditch their cell phone?
We see more advertisements in one year than people of fifty years ago encountered in their entire lifetime.
In 1971, the average American saw 560 advertisements per day.
Today, we see around 3,000 advertisements per day. What’s more, we now encounter around 5,000 distractions by constantly checking messages from phones, emails, IM’s, wall posts, tweets and more.
This i an increase that is not healthy–and yet, we’re still adding more and more distractions to our lives. We’re now adding iPhones, iPad’s, iPods and anything else to drive our dopamine-driven lives.
The human mind has 60,000 thoughts per day. In 1971, distractions controlled about 1% today, advertisements and distractions control 13.33% of our minds. With distraction, and multitasking, your pre-frontal lobe falls into a sleepy, deteriorating state. As your distractions increase, your intelligence, focus and mood decreases.
In an effort to extricate myself from this growing trend, .
What living without a cell phone feels like
Whenever you go on a relaxing vacation to a tropical destination, the first couple of days are a struggle–a struggle because there’s typically no cell phone service or internet. It’s odd, and almost unbearable. After the initial withdrawal from the digital world, life feels great. Life feels peaceful. There’s no phone, or distraction that enables you to stop what you’re doing and shift your focus.When you’re waiting in line, you’re not burying yourself into the digital cesspool or app store, you’re forced to interact with your surrounding environment. You suddenly become aware of everything around you.
This is how I live my life every single day. I duplicate the environment one typically experiences when on vacation. I do this in order to become a more focused, action-oriented person. I also do this in order to better enjoy life.
You can travel the world and li however, if you’ve still got an iPhone or clients buzzing at you constantly, you’ve escaped nothing. You’re just asking for attention.
You can live in New York City without a cell phone and gain more peace-of-mind than you could if you were in Argentina with an iPhone and needy clients barking at you.
My experience thus far
In a prior chapter I discuss my decision to ditch my cell phone. It’s been about a half-year since I’ve ditched my cell phone, and it’s been both wonderful, and weird. You have to learn to react differently in simple situations. It’s like writing with your left hand. At first it feels weird, but over time it expands your mind and increases focus. As discussed in , this type of activity significantly stretches your mind.
If you want to add both peace and challenge back to your life, ditch your cell phone.
For an example on the challenge, I was meeting up with my family at a hotel. I got to the building where they were staying, and suddenly it hit me–I had no idea what room they were in. In front of me sat about 14 rooms. And I had no cell phone. In the past, I’d simply make a quick call or text to figure it out.
Now, in front of me sat not 14 rooms, but 14 possibilities. So what did I do? I knocked on all 14 doors, and told 13 people, “Sorry, wrong room.” It was fun. It was simple. It got the job done. But this type of activity definitely takes a commitment. It’s not easy. At all.
Pro’s to a cell phone-free life:
More productive
Better peace of mind
Allows you to focus on what’ not get distracted with tweets and noise
Sense of humor (when in a stressful situation, you laugh because of the path you’ve decided to take. You take a joyous approach to life)
Con’s to a cell phone-free life:
Prevents simple fixes (like the quick communication above)
Can be dangerous if you don’t have it with you all the time
Can be ineffective if not leveraged right
10 Tips for Giving Up Your Cell Phone
1. Have a replaceable object
For a year and a half an iPhone always sat in my left pocket. After ditching my phone, it felt weird. It felt as if I was missing something. Obviously, I was. So instead of simply abandoning a device in my left pocket, I rotate different objects in there as needed: business cards, an iPod Shuffle (for audiobooks), notepad, note-cards or whatever’s needed at that time. Even though the feeling of forgetting something is all in my mind, having a replaceable object allows me to act as if I’m not missing a cell phone.
2. Have an emergency phone
Much like a fire extinguisher sits in a case, and is cracked open only upon emergency, so too is the nature of your emergency phone. It’s dangerous to not have a way of contacting anyone in case of emergency (i.e. car accident, car breakdown, etc.) For this reason, I recommend purchasing an a la cart phone plan from
or Boost Mobile. Activate it, and leave it in your car turned off. If there’s an emergency, call with it.
3. Brace yourself
You’re going to encounter situations where you really need your cell phone to the point where it pisses you off. After a while, though, stressful situations will become humorous. Stressful situations without a cell phone teaches you to have a profound level of patience and trust. For instance, if you’re meeting someone at a restaurant, and they’re late, you just have to trust that they’re on their way. With my wife, we’ve established an unspoken trust that we’ll show up. And whenever we meet up, we meet up. We stick to our word of where we’ll meet, and trust that the other shows up. It’s a lot more peaceful this way.
4. Have a system in place.
If you’re really going to ditch your cell phone, don’t go into it blindly. Map out a system that actually works–a system that allows you to free yourself from the cell phone’s distractions.
My system:
When at work, I use my work phone for work related items
When on the road, I have an emergency cell phone (that sits in my car)
When at home, I use Skype or the house phone
Most people use their cell phones throughout all of those stages outlined above. They’re constantly racking up bills. Most people now reason that there’s no need for a house phone, or work phone. When you’ve got your cell phone, you can use it anytime, anywhere and now, for anything.
When you ditch your cell phone, you make a decision to compartmentalize your life. Additionally, you can leverage Google voice to catch your messages, transcribe them, and allow you to determine what needs to get done with that. Google voice (get a google voice account that emails you who called you, so that you can call them back on a work phone or a house phone whenever you’re ready to make the call). Use google voice to send text messages from your computer to their phones.
5. What about your friends?
It’s hilarious watching people’s reactions when you tell them you don’t have a cell phone–especially when you’re in the tech industry like myself. People exclaim, “What? How? Why?”
We’ve grown so reliant on cell phones that it’s somehow unthinkable to not have a cell phone.
They ask, “What about your friends? Do you just abandon your relationships?”
Obviously, ditching your cell phone bars your friends from having constant, immediate and never-ending access to you. However, when you ditch your cell phone, you’re not ditching your friends. You’re simply compartmentalizing your life and setting boundaries. You’re setting yourself up for a time where you can pay the attention that friends deserve– not attention while multitasking.
When transitioning to a cell phone-free lifestyle, I recommend getting an account with . Here’s the process I underwent:
Set up an account with Google Voice
Set up a cell phone message that explains your recent decision to ditch your cell phone. Here’s mine: “In order to become a more focused and productive person, I’ve decided to fore however, leave your name, number, and a sweet little message, and I’ll get back to you at the appropriate time.” (Obviously, you can term it however you want).
Google Voice then transcribes your cell phone and emails you their message
Email your contact or call them back via your house or work phone when you have the time that your friend deserves
Even better, set up a time for you guys to meet up in person
This will ensure a transition that isn’t ineffective and one that doesn’t simply block calls. Plus it prevents you from needing to create a Facebook group explaining your transition. That annoys everyone, anyways.
6. Call everyone back
Just because you’ve ditched your cell phone doesn’t mean you forgo the responsibility of calling people back. Because Google Voice allows you to receive voice mails via email, I recommend chunking your phone calls into one-time windows scattered throughout the day. This likens itself to email batching (email batching is a topic I’ll be covering later).
7. The secretary syndrome
If you have a wife, tread carefully when ditching your cell phone. Try not to make her feel like a secretary. Don’t do what I did. I was selling something on Craigslist and I gave them my wife’s phone number. She was pissed. She felt like a secretary. Additionally, my parents called her that’s not a very sustainable system.
For your parents or people that will actually call your significant other to get to you, make sure they understand your new system.
8. Meet up with people in person
If you’re making a business deal, or meeting someone and they’re local, don’t half ass it through an email or even a cell phone call. I’ve gotten about four deals done in the past month because we met up in person, it allows you describe ideas, map out ideas in person and get things done. If you want to be more efficient, as well as effective, I recommend meeting up in person. Tweeting and IM chatting will only get you so far in business. Even if you work in the web realm like myself.
9. Offline activities
Replace cell phone activities with mind-expanding activities. If your habit centered on making calls on your commute to work, replace this with a book on tape or audio CD. You can even get entire courses on tape–for free–for more information check out my chapter on .
10. Baby steps
Obviously this chapter is going to humor some, but most aren’t going to take action and actually ditch their cell phone. It’s still ingrained in our minds that it’s unthinkable–and for some, due to their work nature, it is unthinkable. What I suggest is at least experimenting by giving up their cell phone for a day or two. Or, if you have an iPhone, ditch the dataplan and try your hardest to use it as simply a phone. Try some experiments with your communication devices in order to become aware of how ditching your cell phone can result in nowness and awareness.
Conclusion
In this chapter we learned about the increase in distractions and advertisements over the past fifty years. We learned that we are constantly distracted, constantly asking for interruption. And we learned that through the practice of unplugging, one can discover how distractions have really driven their lives.
There’s also ten tips for giving up your cell phone:
Have a replaceable object
Have an emergency phone
Brace yourself
Have a system in place
About friends
Call everyone back
Avoid the secretary syndrome
Meet up with people in person
Offline activities
Take baby steps
Photo Credit: /
IMPORTANT: If you enjoyed this article, I'd like for you to experience much more by purchasing the book. You can check out via Paypal.
Leave a Comment

我要回帖

更多关于 leave a message for 的文章

随机推荐