选b还是d?why?

Was it because it snowed last night he didn’t come? A. why B. that C. when D. then——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
Was it because it snowed last night he didn’t come? A. why B. that C. when D. then 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
&Was it because it snowed last night ____ he didn’t come? A. why&& B. that&&&&& C. when&&&&&&& D. then
听力(共两节,满分30分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
A.根据听到的内容完成下列句子。
Labour Day, always the first Monday in September, is a holiday of recreation and rest from labour.
1.People have a holiday and don’t go to work on ________.
St.Valentine’s Day may go back to Roman times when a special festival was held on February 14.On that day all the young girls put their names in a box and each young man drew out a name to pick his sweetheart for the next year.
2.At first St.Valentine’s Day was celebrated on ________.
Father’s Day, the third Sunday in June, began in 1910 by Ms.John Bruce Dodd in honour of her father.
3.The first Father’s Day was on ________ in the year ________.
B.听下面5段对话,从A、B、C三个选项中选出能回答问题的最佳选项。
M:Have you finished your term paper? I handed in mine last Friday.
W:I finished typing mine at three o’clock this morning.I have to hand it in by noon today.
4.When must the girl turn in her term paper?
A.By twelve o’clock.
B.By three o’clock.
C.By two o’clock.
M:Do you have your Christmas shopping done yet?
W:Almost.I got a watch for my husband, but I can’t seem to find anything for my dad.He would probably like a book or a case for his coin collection.
5.What did the woman buy for her husband?
A.A case.
B.A book.
C.A watch.
M:What did you do during the Chinese New Year?
W:I planned to visit my aunts and uncles.But owing to frequent visit of my friends and classmates, I just stayed at home and never got the chance to go out.
6.What did the woman do during the Chinese New Year?
A.She visited her uncles.
B.She went out often.
C.She met her friends at home.
M:Was it very cold here last winter?
W:Not bad.The temperature never dropped below freezing.There was a little snow around Christmas, but that was all.
7.What does the woman say about the weather?
A.It wasn’t very cold, and it snowed a little in December.
B.There wasn’t much snow but the weather was bad.
C.The temperature dropped below freezing after Christmas.
M:Sara, what are you going to buy for your father?
W:Well, I am going to get my dad a book about London.
8.What are the two speakers talking about?
A.The woman’s father.
B.A gift for the woman’s father.
C.A book about London.
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听第9段材料,回答第9~11题。
W:Merry Christmas, John.
M:Merry Christmas, Sally.
W:Has your family got a Christmas tree?
M:Of course we have.My father bought a tree the day before yesterday, and it is much more beautiful than that of last year.And you?
W:We have one, too.Yesterday my family decorated it with all kinds of presents.
M:Also, we have hung a lot of small colorful lamps on it.My parents put many boxes under the tree.They say Santa Claus will put presents for me in them.
W:But my grandmother tells me that Santa Claus always puts toys in our stockings at night on Christmas.
M:Really?
W:It’s true.My grandmother never tells lies.I’ll put my stockings near my pillow tonight.
M:That’s a good idea.
W:I have to go now.Good luck!
M:The same to you!
9.According to the conversation, which statement is correct?
A.John’s and Sally’s families have Christmas trees.
B.John’s family has a Christmas tree, but Sally’s has not.
C.Sally’s father bought one Christmas tree yesterday.
10.Why do John’s parents put many boxes under the Christmas tree?
A.Because the boxes are very heavy.
B.Because the tree is full of presents.
C.Because Santa Claus will put his presents in them.
11.Where will Sally put her stockings finally?
A.On the tree.
B.Near the pillow.
C.At the table.
听第10段材料,回答第12~14题。
Nothing expresses the spirit of the holiday more than music.More than any other holiday celebrated in America, Christmas moves people to write, play and sing music.There are all religious songs, expressing joy or a sense of spiritual mystery, old folk songs and modern pop music, songs about winter Christmas trees and Santa Claus.People sing Christmas songs in churches and at school.They hear them on the radio, in stores, and even on street corners.More groups of people get together to sing at Christmas than at any other time of the year.During Christmas, many churches and schools give holiday concerts.The concert halls organize large group singing activities, called sing-songs.Many Christmas songs sound beautiful when sung by a large group.
12.What can express the spirit of the holiday most?
A.Nothing.
B.Music.
13.What kind of music is not mentioned in the passage?
A.Old folk songs.
C.Pop music.
14.Why do concert halls organize large group singing activities?
A.The sound can be spread farther.
B.They can make some money.
C.Large groups can make the songs sound very beautiful.
听第11段材料,并判断下列陈述是否正确(True or False)。
Mother’s Day
Brother:Hi, Angela.What are you doing?
Sister:Trying to figure out how to bake a cake.
Brother:Forget it, Angela.You can’t even make a sandwich.
Sister:Keep your mouth shut.
Brother:What do you want to bake a cake for anyway?Are we having any visitors today?
Sister:No.It’s for tomorrow.
Brother:Tomorrow?You can ask Mom to give you a hand.
Sister:Tomorrow is Mother’s Day.
Brother:That’s why you want to bake a cake, eh?Tell you what, why don’t you just buy a card or a dozen carnations?
Sister:Will you lend me twenty bucks?
Brother:Say it again.
Sister:You heard what I said.
Brother:You have your own pocket money.
Sister:What gift do you buy for Mom?
Brother:It’s a secret.
Sister:I knew you wouldn’t let me know.Who cares?
Brother:If you don’t have enough money to buy a gift, why don’t you just clean up the house?Mother will be pleased.She’ll have an easy day tomorrow.
Sister:Sounds like a good idea.But how about cooking?
Brother:Don’t worry.Leave it to me.
15.Tomorrow is Mother’s Day.
16.The brother is unwilling to lend her sister any money.
17.The sister will do cooking while the brother will do cleaning.
听第12段材料,从A、B、C三个选项中选出能回答问题的最佳选项。
A Birthday Party
Jane:Why?Are they out?(As she fumbles for the switch, the light suddenly comes on.)
All:Happy birthday!
Jane:Oh, what a surprise!Thank you all.
Lin Yun:Now close your eyes.(She holds up a stuffed puppy in front of Jane and yaps.)Okay, you can open your eyes now.
Jane:Wow!A cute puppy!
Lin Yun:This is a birthday present from all of us.
Joe:Hope you like it.
Jane:That’s very thoughtful of you.
Lin Yun:Thanks for your good advice, Joe.Look here, Jane.We’ve also got a cake.
Jane:Oh, I can’t believe it!I thought only Mom would do that for me.
Lin Yun:Don’t be so sentimental.Let’s light the candles.(They sing “Happy Birthday”.)
Wang Fang:Now make a wish and blow out the candles.
Jane:I’ve made the same wish many times, but it hasn’t come true yet.
Li Yiwei:It will, as long as you wish it whole-heartedly.(Jane takes a deep breath and blows out all the candles.Her classmates clap.)
Joe:We’re starving.Jane, please cut the cake.(After dinner, Lin Yun suggests singing and dancing for fun.)
Lin Yun:Let’s sing some English songs.
Li Yiwei:Okay, which one shall we start with?
Wang Fang:How about “Red River Valley”?(She takes the lead:“Oh, the buffalo’s gone from the prairie…”and they sing together.)
Lin Yun:Great.What shall we sing next?
Joe:Let’s sing “Rockey Mountain High”, John Denver’s favorite.
Qian Hong:Yeah.Let our spirits soar.
Li Yiwei:Here it goes.(She starts to play the tune.They sing.)
Jane:Li Yiwei, I didn’t know you could play the mouthorgan so well.
Lin Yun:You didn’t?Let her play a solo for you, will you?Yiwei, play a famous Chinese tune for Jane, how about “Erquanyingyue”?(Li plays the tune.)
Jane:(Claps)Wonderful.I wish I could do something like that.The Chinese music is so beautiful.I am lost.
Lin Yun:Now, Wang Fang, why not show your dancing talent for us?(Wang performs her Xinjiang dance.)
Jane:Thank you, Wang Fang.You let me know you more.How happy I am tonight!I hope the pleasant time lasts forever.
18.Whose birthday is it today?
A.Jane’s.
B.Lin Yun’s.
C.Wang Fang’s.
19.Which song did they sing first?
A.Rockey Mountain High.
B.Red River Valley.
C.Happy Birthday.
20.Who can play mouthorgan(口琴)well?
A.Lin Yun.
B.Li Yiwei.
C.Wang Fang.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
我觉得应选C,可答案选B,Why?—China has made great progress during the past 30 years since “Reform and Open-door Policy” was taken.—_________.I nearly can’t believe that.A.So it did B.So has it C.So it has D.So did itC不是的确如此的意思吗?
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
此处B. So has it.表示正如你所说的,中国取得了很大的进步. 比较口语化.如果用So it has.意思是确实啊,中国取得了很大的进步.与后句我几乎不能相信语气上不统一了.经过查询后的回答
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
B翻译是它也是这样 C翻译它确实这样偶也感觉选C最好问问老师答案有时候也不对
我觉得是过去式-A最好问老师
给你个例句A:I'm a primary studentB:So am I倒装,表示强调意思是我也是所以选B 同时,此语法,动词与前句相同如果表示肯定用So 动词 主语如果否定用Neither 动词 主语这句话是现在完成时,所以动词是has
这是一个考点
so引导的倒装句、结构为so +助动词+主语
意思是同意对方观点
还有neither引导的倒装句
结构也为neither+助动词+主语
以上选项中只有B答案既符合时态结构也正确所以应选B
从语法上来说应该选C,B是错的。作为学生,不要太相信答案,你们的练习册和模拟题有很多答案都不靠谱的
倒装句,表示强调
扫描下载二维码扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
( )67.I don't know_________I should choose.A.whyB.when C.which D.what .选c还是选D为什么
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
选择D.这里需要choose的宾语,用what 或which one,which不能单独作宾语,需加one.如果解释清楚了,
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
选C根据意思即既然是选择,就是在已有范围内进行
D 不要翻译成中文再做题。中文有 “选哪个”,“选什么”之分。英语没有。只有choose what。英语老师说固定用法。-_-
扫描下载二维码扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
( ) can we do to stop them happening?A.How B.What C.Why D.Which 选哪个,原因是
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
你的困惑一定是,4个选项,用中文都解释的通,我们怎样做来不让他们发生?我们做什么来阻止他们发生?我们为什么要阻止?我们做哪一件事来阻止?我还可以加上when,一样解释的通,到底选哪一个呢?所以,切记,从语法角度,不要从中文角度在名词性从句里,how,when,why,which已经不是特殊疑问词了,都是连词,(不做成分)只有what既做连词,还是连接代词(做成分),所以,你就一定要分析从句是否却成分,do及物动词,后面缺宾语,所以,只能选what,其他的,后面补上it,就对了
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码解析:选B.why引导宾语从句.并在从句中作原因状语.——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
解析:选B.why引导宾语从句.并在从句中作原因状语. 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
-----Did Mr Black resign his post as principal? & -----No,________ was telling a lie. & A. whoever told you that& &B. those who told you that & C. No matter who told you& D. Anyone told you that &A 句意:Mrs Black 辞去校长职务了吗?没有,不管谁告诉你的,他都在说谎。Whoever引导的主语从句,相当于anyone who。如果选B,则those作主语,谓语应用were。 C项引导让步状语从句,不能引导主语从句;D项错误,应改为Anyone who told you that。
(2011·安徽卷)B Think about the different ways that people use the wind. You can use it to fly a kite or to sail a boat. Wind is one of our cleanest and richest power sources(来源), as well as one of the oldest. Evidence shows that windmills(风车)began to be used in ancient Iran back in the seventh century BC. They were first introduced to Europe during the 1100s, when armies returned from the Middle East with knowledge of using wind power. For many centuries, people used windmills to grind(磨碎)wheat into flour or pump water from deep underground. When electricity was discovered in the late 1800s, people living in remote areas began to use them to produce electricity. This allowed them to have electric lights and radio. However, by the 1940s, when electricity was available to people in almost all areas of the United States, windmills were rarely used. During the 1970s, people started becoming concerned about the pollution that is created when coal and gas are burned to produce electricity. People also realized that the supply of coal and gas would not last forever. Then, wind was rediscovered, though it means higher costs. Today, there is a global movement to supply more and more of our electricity through the use of wind. 60. From the text we know that windmills&&&&&&&&&&&&& . A. were invented by European armies B. have a history of more than 2800 years C. used to supply power to radio in remote areas D. have rarely been used since electricity was discovered 61. What was a new use for wind power in the late l9th century? A. Sailing a boat.&
B. Producing electricity. C. Grinding wheat into flour. D. Pumping water from underground. 62. One of the reasons wind was rediscovered in the 1970s is that&&&&&&&&&&&& . A. wind power is cleaner B. it is one of the oldest power sources C. it was cheaper to create energy from wind
D. the supply of coal and gas failed to meet needs 63. What would the author probably discuss in the paragraph that follows? A. The advantage of wind power. B. The design of wind power plants. C. The worldwide movement to save energy. D. The global trend towards producing power from wind. 【解析】选D。推理判断题。根据末段句子Today, there is a global movement to supply more and more of our electricity through the use of wind可知,接下来作者应该谈论利用风能发电的情况,因此选择D项。
I ran across an old photo of him the otherday, thinking of some old things. He’s been dead for 25 years. His name wasRex.36& washis favorite recreation(娱乐). He had so much 37 in the water as any person I have known.You didn’t have to throw a stick in the water to 38 him to go in. Ofcourse, he would bring back a stick to you if you 39 throw one in.That 40 me of that night, 41he brought back a small box that he found somewhere--- how 42 nobodyever knew. Since it was Rex, it 43 easily have been half a race. The boxwasn’t a good one. It was just a 44 old piece that somebody 45.Still it was something he wanted, probably 46 there was some difficultyin transportation(运输). And that he thought could test his courage. We first knew abouthis achievement when, deep in the night, we 47 him trying to get the boxup onto the porch(门厅). It sounded 48 two or three people were trying to tear thehouse 49 . We came downstairs and turned on the 50 light. Rex wason the top step trying to pull the thing up, but it had 51somehow. Andhe was just holding his own(坚持着). I suppose he would have held his own 52 dawn if we hadn’thelped him. The next day we carried the box miles away and threw it out. If wehad thrown it out in a 53 place, he would have brought it home again, asa small token(象征)ofhis strength in such matters. 54, he had been taught to carry heavywooden objects about and he was 55 of his skill.
A. Fighting
B. Swimming
C. Barking
D. Running
B. trouble
C. danger
D. difficulty
A. reminds
D. .suggests
C. should
A. priceless
B. worthless
C. valuable
D. important
B. forgot
C. deserted(遗弃)
D. remained
A. because
B. only if
C. even if
D. in case
C. watched
D. caught
D. at least
B. kitchen
C. bedroom
A. rolled
B. stopped
C. caught
D. broken
B. before
D. during
A. distant
B. nearby
C. silent
A. In all
B. As a result
C. At last
D. After all
C. ashamed
D. doubtful
【答案】 21.B 22.A 23.C 24.C 25.A 26.D 27.A 28.A 29.B 30.C 31.A 32.B 33.C 34.D 35.D 36.C 37.C 38.B 39.D 40.A 【解析】略 【题型】完型填空 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】人物传记类 【结束】 11【题文】& With its budget of $80 million , John Woo as director, and an all-star cast(明星云集的演员阵容), Red Cliff is the most expensive and ambitious Asian-financed film ever. Last week I saw the release of the second part, and boy oh boy does it shows. But watching the film as a foreigner I felt I was missing out on something. Not knowing my Cao Cao's from my Zhou Yu's, I was not even sure whom I wanted to win. Certainly after the opening scene, in which Cao Cao is seen watching a game of Cuju, an ancient Chinese variation of football, I knew who had my support. After all, any man who enjoys his football is someone after my own heart. But after Cao Cao resorted to some evil strategies against his enemies in the south, I wasn't so sure he was the man I should be rooting for.
And there is a lot more to Red Cliff 2 than just extravagant battle scenes. The film does not take itself too seriously. Conversations between leaders are littered with one-liners, many of which had the audience in laughter. There is even enough to keep fans of more romantic entertainment happy too. This includes a charming relationship between a southern spy(侦探)and an innocent northern soldier. The characters' interaction provides some genuinely heart-warming moments in the middle of the battle. Clocking in at(结束于)around two hours, the film certainly does justice to the history story. When I walked out the cinema, I felt as drained(精疲力竭) as Cao Cao's soldiers must have 1,800 years ago. 41.By expressing “boy oh boy” in the first paragraph, the author seems to show that _______.
A.the film characters are like boys who are childish.
B.the film provides amazing and surprising scenes for audience.
C.the film is suitable for younger boys to watch.
D.the film scene is so bloody that boys shouldn’t watch it.
42.When did the author change his attitude toward Cao Cao?
A.When he read the history story about Cao Cao.
B.When he saw Cao Cao was watching a game of Cuju,
C.When he realized that Cao Cao took some bad measures to beat his enemies.
D.When he saw the romantic love story of Cao Cao and a southern spy.
43.The following factors of the film are all mentioned in the passage except_______.
A.high budget
B.leading roles
C.actors and actress
D.conversations
44.From the passage we can infer that_______.
A.the author is a football fan in a foreign country.
B.Cuju is the name of an ancient Chinese variation of football.
C.the film Red Cliff 2 lasts about two hours.
D.the author was very tired after about two hours’ battle.
【答案】 45.B 46.C 47.C 48.A 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】新闻报道类 【结束】 12【题文】Safety and Security Procedures Your safety and the security of your personal property are of the primary concern to those of us who welcome you as our guest. We urge you to take advantage of the following suggestions. YOUR VEHICLE Lock your vehicle and do not leave money or valuable items inside. We are not responsible for their loss. TRAVELING Be good at noticing things around you when sightseeing or traveling. Stay in well-lit and heavily traveled areas. Don’t display large amounts of cash. GUEST ROOM SECURITY For additional security use the deadbolt (插锁) provided on your door and make sure the windows are locked. As an additional precautious measure, please secure the secondary locks provided. Do not admit anyone to your room without first making identification. A one-way viewer is provided in your door to assist with identification. If there is any doubt about the person’s identity, please contact the Front Desk. SAFETY BOXES Do not leave money or valuables in your room or vehicle. We provide free safety boxes for your use. Hotel is not responsible for items left in room valued over $200. KEYS Safeguard your key. Please do not leave it in the door. Do not give your key to others or leave it unattended. Please leave your key at the Front Desk when you check out. REPORTING Please report any suspicious activity, or safety concerns to management. FIRE Please familiarize yourself with the nearest fire exits. Report fire or smoke to the hotel operator. In the unlikely event of a fire, please move quickly and calmly to the nearest safe exit and leave the building. Avoid the use of elevator. 49.The suggestions are most probably from ______.
A.a hotel manager
B.a police officer
C.an experienced traveler
D.a tour guide
50.Which of the following is TRUE?
A.It is advised to travel to places where there are few people.
B.The hotel is not responsible for anything you lose.
C.Don’t report to the manager unless you are sure something is going wrong.
D.You’d better use the deadbolt and the secondary locks for safety.
51. If you feel doubtful about a stranger who knocks at the door, you should _____.
A.let the person in after you have got his/her name
B.open the door to check the person’s ID card
C.call the Front Desk to make sure
D.contact the local police for assistance
52.What does the underlined part “In the unlikely event of a fire” mean?
A.In case a fire happens, though it is not very possible
B.If a fire happens when some big events are taking place.
C.In case a fire happens in a public building.
D.If a fire breaks out and it is getting out of control.
【答案】 53.A 54.D 55.C 56.A 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】广告布告类 【结束】 13【题文】The new iPhone 3G should please everyone. Its look and feel are only slightly improved, but a faster network loads Web pages more quickly, true GPS functionality allows it to easily find places nearby, and the new $199 price (down from $400) makes it an affordable luxury.
Before deciding whether to buy, however, make sure you can actually take advantage of the iPhone 3G's high-speed data network. 3G stands for third-generation, which in non-geek speak translates to Web pages and mail messages that, ideally, load about three times faster than on the original iPhone. Even better, 3G coverage enables you to make a phone call and surf the Web at the same time. That's great, if you live or work in a place where the 3G network of AT&T(美国电话电报公司)&(the sole wireless carrier of the iPhone) is active. That's not so great in cities like New York where AT&T's cellular coverage is awful. As one of my colleagues in New York City, who bought the original iPhone, commented, &It's just a toy. You can't make phone calls on it, so I carry my Verizon phone with me all the time.&
The real fun begins when you tap on the icon called &App Store& and start browsing the hundreds of add-on applications that have been developed just for the iPhone. You'll find tons of games (I like JirboBreak, a free game inspired by the Atari classic Breakout) and mobile versions of popular websites like Pandora, Facebook, MySpace and the New York Times. Most apps will cost you, but the vast majority are $9.99 or less. The apps work on the old iPhones too, but you'll enjoy them a lot more on the iPhone 3G because many of the programs, including Yelp (local business reviews), Whrrl (mobile social networking) and UrbanSpoon (restaurant reviews), use your exact location — provided by the iPhone 3G's GPS chip — to make recommendations. The apps also load much faster over the 3G network. 57.The new iPhone 3G has following features except that _______
A.It looks and feels better
B.It has a faster network
C.It is easy to locate a place
D.It is too expensive for people to buy
58.Why do one of my colleagues carry Verizon phone with him all the time? ______.
A.Because iPhone 3G is just a toy.
B.ecause he prefers Verizon phone better.
C.Because AT&T's cellular coverage is terrible there
D.Because Verizon phone enables him make a phone call and surf the Web at the same time
59.Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage. ____.
A.App Store will offer you great fun.
B.many apps have been developed for the iPhone.
C.Most apps are very expensive.
D.Pandora, Facebook, MySpace and the New York Times are popular websites.
60.From the passage we know that the attitude of the author toward iPhone 3G is _____.
A.doubtful
B.appreciative
C.optimistic
D.pessimistic
【答案】 61.D 62.C 63.C 64.B 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】经济类 【结束】 14【题文】Birds that are half-asleep—with one brain hemisphere (半球) alert and the other sleeping—control which side of the brain remains awake, according to a new study of sleeping ducks. Earlier studies have documented half-brain sleep in a wide range of birds. The brain hemispheres take turns sinking into the sleep stage characterized by slow brain waves. The eye controlled by the sleeping hemisphere keeps shut, while the wakeful hemisphere’s eye stays open and alert. Birds also can sleep with both hemispheres resting at once. Decades of studies of bird groups led researchers to predict extra alertness in the end-of-the-row sleepers which tend to be attacked more easily. Sure enough, the end birds tended to watch carefully on the side away from their companions. Ducks in the inner spots showed no preference for gaze direction. Also, birds napping at the end of the line depend on single-hemisphere sleep, rather than total relaxation, more often than inner ducks did. Turning 16 birds through the positions in a four-duck row, the researchers found that compared with 12 percent for birds in internal spots, outer birds half-asleep during some 32 percent of napping time. “We believe this is the first evidence for an animal behaviorally controlling sleep and wakefulness at the same time in different regions of the brain,” the researchers say. The results provide the best evidence for a long-standing assumption that single-hemisphere sleep evolved as creatures scanned for enemies. The preference for opening an eye on the lookout side could be widespread, he predicts. He’s seen it in a pair of birds napping side-by-side in the zoo and in a single pet bird sleeping by a mirror. The mirror-side eye closed as if the reflection were a companion and the other eye stayed open. Useful as half-sleeping might be, it’s only been found in birds and such water animals as dolphins, whales, and seals. Perhaps keeping one side of the brain awake allows a sleeping animal to surface occasionally to avoid drowning. Studies of birds may offer unique insights into sleep. Jerome M. Siegel of the UCLA says he wonders if birds’ half-brain sleep “is just the tip of the iceberg.” He supposes that more examples may turn up when we take a closer look at other species. 65.According to the passage, birds often half sleep because ______.
A.they have to watch out for possible attacks
B.their brain hemispheres take turns to rest
C.the two halves of their brain are differently structured
D.they have to constantly keep an eye on their companions
66.What is implied about the example of a bird’s sleeping in front of a mirror?
A.An imagined companion gives the bird a sense of security.
B.Birds prefer to sleep in pairs for the sake of their security.
C.The phenomenon of birds napping in pairs is widespread.
D.A single pet bird enjoys seeing its own reflection in the mirror.
67. While sleeping, some water animals tend to keep half awake in order to ______.
A.alert themselves to the approaching enemy
B.emerge from water now and then to breathe
C.be sensitive to the ever-changing environment
D.avoid being swept away by rapid currents
68.By saying “just the tip of the iceberg”, Siegel suggests that ______.
A.half-brain sleep has something to do with icy weather
B.the mystery of half-brain sleep is close to being solved
C.most birds living in cold regions tend to be half sleepers
D.half-brain sleep may exist among other species
【答案】 69.A 70.A 71.B 72.D 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】科普类 【结束】 15【题文】People in China, as in other parts of the world, are waiting to see how U.S. President-elect Barack Obama will deal with global problems such as the current economic slowdown once he takes office. As Sam Beattie reports from Beijing, there is widespread hope for closer U.S.-Chinese cooperation.
For many students in Beijing, Mr. Obama symbolizes all that is possible in the United States. He's a popular winner here, seen as a self-made man who has made it to the top.
&I think he is very charming, and a president who can create a new era,& said Zhang Wei, a university student. &I like him very much and most of my friends do too.& Ni Weibo, another university student, agrees. &Sino-U.S. relations still need more cooperation,& she said. &I think he will help take it to a new era.& China's President Hu Jintao congratulated Mr. Obama within hours of his victory, saying he hoped bilateral ties could be made stronger. Political analysts here say China will be looking for the incoming president to avoid contentious issues such as Taiwan's independence, human rights and Tibet. Instead, they say Beijing would like Mr. Obama to focus on solving the global economic crisis, and to help China's slowing economy by opening up U.S. markets.
But trade relations might be a sticking point, says Renmin University's Professor of International Studies, Shi Yinhong. He warns, &There is a possibility that President Obama will take some protectionist measures which China will not accept, then trade disputes could develop to a degree that we have not seen ever before.& Despite making the headlines, Mr. Obama faces some tough challenges in managing the U.S. relationship with China. China is now a stronger and more confident country than the China his
predecessors dealt with. And in this time of economic uncertainty, analysts say it's a country with which Mr. Obama will want to maintain a good relationship. 73.What can we infer from the first three paragraphs?
A.Mr. Obama was popular with many students in Beijing mostly because he will take office soon.
B.Economic slowdown is the big problem that the world is facing and looking forward to solve except US
C.China’s President Hu Jintao congratulated Obama on his victory within hours.
D.Through Obama’s being elected, we can see all is possible in US and a new relationship may come.
74.What is not mentioned in this passage?
A.What Barack Obama is expected to do in dealing with the US-China relationship.
B.Why Barack Obama will maintain a good relationship with China.
C.How Barack Obama will deal with the current economic slowdown.
D.What image Barack Obama has given to Chinese people.
75. What does “ a sticking point”( in para.7 ) mean?
A.a twist point
B.a disputed point
C.a good beginning
D.a understanding point
76.What is the best title for this report?
A.US-Chinese Cooperation Under the Current Economic Slowdown
B.Obama, Seen As A Popular Winner In China
C.Chinese Want Stronger Ties With US Under Obama Administration
D.The Current Economic Problem faces China As Well As US
【答案】 77.D 78.C 79.B 80.C 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】政治经济文化类 【结束】
根据短文内容,从短文后的七个选项中选出能填放空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。WhyCats Scratch TingsIn has long been assumed thatwhen cats scratch objects with their front paws(爪子)that they are sharpening their claws. &&1&Research on cat behavior suggests that the major reason for this behavioris communication. By scratching up the bark of a tree (or the leg of yourfavorite chair) the cat is letting other cats or people know where she is andwhat she is up to.Cats tend to pick a small numberof noticeable objects in their environments to scratch such as trees, fenceposts repeatedly.& 2& The scratched surface leaves a highlyvisible mark that can be easily seen by other cats. In addition, cats havespecial glands (腺)in their paws so that when they make scratching movements they leavescent(气味)that the cats can smell. The fact that catsleave scent marks by making scratching movements may be the reason that catswill continue to scratch objects even after they have been declawed.&3& We don’t know exactly what catsare communicating with their scratching. Both males and females do it. It isdone inside and outside the home and even by cats living with no other catsaround.& 4& &Cats don’t scratch up your furniture tobother you or just to be destructive, but for specific reasons, one of which iscommunicating. Cats also scratch to extend their bodies, during play, and possiblyas a greeting or to relieve dissatisfaction when prevented from doing otherthings they want to do.& 5& It is easier to prevent problemscratching rather than trying to change your cat’s preference for the arm ofyour sofa after it has become a built up habit. Thus, the goal is to establishacceptable scratching habits by getting your cat to prefer a scratching postrather than the arm of your sofa.A.It turns out that this is only a secondaryreason.B.This is why the tree next door looks so scratchedup.C.Cats use other parts of their bodies to communicateas well.D.Small pieces of bark have accumulated on theground underneath.E.Scratching can result in considerable damage,owner dissatisfaction.F.Declawed cats may still be leaving scent markson objects they scratch.G.It could be a defensive warning or just amarker that announces its existence.&&
With his attention________on the shopsalong the roadside,heknocked an old man down while riding to school.A&concentrating&&&&&B.concentrated&&&& C.to concentrate&&&&&D.concentrates答案 B解析 考查词组,故选B项。&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 bwhy新歌 的文章

随机推荐