英语怎么翻译,感觉句子好长,Anshocking astonishingg number of spouses-most particularly

点击收听单词发音&&
adj.心情不稳的,易怒的,喜怒无常的
参考例句:
He relapsed into a moody silence.他又重新陷于忧郁的沉默中。
I'd never marry that girl.She's so moody.我决不会和那女孩结婚的。她太易怒了。
n.配偶,夫或妻( spouse的名词复数 )
参考例句:
Jobs are available for spouses on campus and in the community. 校园里和社区里有配偶可做的工作。 来自辞典例句
An astonishing number of spouses-most particularly in the upper-income brackets-have no close notion of their husbands'paychecks. 相当大一部分妇女――特别在高收入阶层――并不很了解他们丈夫的薪金。 来自辞典例句
adj.脾气坏的
参考例句:
He grew more and more bad-tempered as the afternoon wore on.随着下午一点点地过去,他的脾气也越来越坏。
I know he's often bad-tempered but really,you know,he's got a heart of gold.我知道他经常发脾气,但是,要知道,其实他心肠很好。
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
参考例句:
The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
vt.保存,保护,节约,节省,守恒,不灭
参考例句:
He writes on both sides of the sheet to conserve paper.他在纸张的两面都写字以节省用纸。
Conserve your energy,you'll need it!保存你的精力,你会用得着的!
adj.在下面的,含蓄的,潜在的
参考例句:
The underlying theme of the novel is very serious.小说隐含的主题是十分严肃的。
This word has its underlying meaning.这个单词有它潜在的含义。当前位置: >>>
【英语时差8,16】该如何处理诈骗电子邮件
特别声明:本栏目内容均从网络收集或者网友提供,供仅参考试用,我们无法保证内容完整和正确。如果资料损害了您的权益,请与站长联系,我们将及时删除并致以歉意。
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
Dear Annie:
In the past month, I have received three e-mails from different people asking me to send a deposit, after which they will forward a winning
ticket to me. In exchange for cashing it for them, I will get a portion of the money.
I know these are scams, but I'm sure there are a few people who might fall for them. What do I do with these e-mails?-Palmdale, Calif.
Dear Palmdale:
Most such scams involve people claiming to be Nigerian officials or surviving
of former government officials, who very politely offer to give you money if you will help them transfer funds out of the country. You are then asked to provide your bank account number and some money to cover legal and transaction fees. You may even be encouraged to travel to Nigeria or a border country to complete the transaction. Sometimes, the
artists will produce fake money to verify their claims.
People who have responded have been beaten, subjected to threats and extortion, and in some cases, murdered. And, of course, there is a stream of excuses why there was never any transfer of funds to your account. If you receive e-mail from someone claiming to need your help getting money out of another country, do not respond.
scam &(n.) & 诈骗;欺骗
deposit &(n.) & 存款;汇款
lottery ticket & 彩券;彩票
a portion of & 一部份;一些
to fall for & 受骗;遭愚弄
politely &(adv.) & 有礼貌地;客气地
con artist & 诈骗者;罪犯
to verify &(v.) & 证实;作证
extortion &(n.) & 勒索;敲竹槓
点击收听单词发音&&
n.抽彩;碰运气的事,难于算计的事
参考例句:
He won no less than £5000 in the lottery.他居然中了5000英镑的奖券。
They thought themselves lucky in the lottery of life.他们认为自己是变幻莫测的人生中的幸运者。
n.配偶,夫或妻( spouse的名词复数 )
参考例句:
Jobs are available for spouses on campus and in the community. 校园里和社区里有配偶可做的工作。 来自辞典例句
An astonishing number of spouses-most particularly in the upper-income brackets-have no close notion of their husbands'paychecks. 相当大一部分妇女——特别在高收入阶层——并不很了解他们丈夫的薪金。 来自辞典例句
n.反对的观点,反对者,反对票,肺病;vt.精读,学习,默记;adv.反对地,从反面;adj.欺诈的
参考例句:
We must be fair and consider the reason pro and con.我们必须公平考虑赞成和反对的理由。
The motion is adopted non con.因无人投反对票,协议被通过。
本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------与家庭成员关系密切的老年人死亡几率小
文章来源:未知 文章作者:enread 发布时间: 08:48
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
For older adults, having more or closer family members in one's social network decreases his or her likelihood of death, but having a larger or closer group of friends does not, finds a new study that will be presented at the 111th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association (ASA). &We found that older individuals who had more family in their network, as well as older people who were closer with their family were less likely to die,& said James Iveniuk, the lead author of the study and a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Toronto's Dalla Lana School of Public Health. &No such associations were observed for number of or closeness to friends.&
Titled, &Social Relationships and Mortality in Older Adulthood,& the study used nationally representative data from the
survey waves of the National Social Life, Health, and Aging Project (NSHAP), to investigate which aspects of social networks are most important for
mortality. Mortality of wave one respondents, who were 57 to 85-years old, was assessed at wave two.&
In the first wave, these older adults were asked to list up to five of their closest confidants, describe in detail the nature of each relationship, and indicate how close they felt to each person. Excluding , the average number of close confidants named was 2.91, and most older adults perceived high levels of support from their social contacts. Additionally, most respondents were married, in good physical health, and reported not being very lonely.&
Iveniuk and co-author L. Philip Schumm, a senior biostatician at the University of Chicago, found that older adults who reported feeling &extremely close& on average to the non-spousal family members they listed as among their closest confidants had about a six percent risk of mortality within the next five years, compared to approximately a 14 percent risk of mortality among those who reported feeling &not very close& to the family members they listed.&
Furthermore, the study found that respondents who listed more non-spousal family members in their network -- irrespective of closeness -- had lower
of death compared to those who listed fewer family members. &Regardless of the emotional content of a connection, simply having a social relationship with another person may have benefits for longevity,& Iveniuk said.&
Iveniuk said he was surprised that feeling closer to one's family members and having more relatives as confidants decreased the risk of death for older adults, but that the same was not true of relationships with friends.
点击收听单词发音&&
v.延期,推迟( postpone的现在分词 )
参考例句:
He tried to gain time by postponing his decision. 他想以迟迟不作决定的手段来争取时间。 来自辞典例句
I don't hold with the idea of postponing further discussion of the matter. 我不赞成推迟进一步讨论这件事的想法。 来自辞典例句
n.配偶,夫或妻( spouse的名词复数 )
参考例句:
An astonishing number of spouses-most particularly in the upper-income brackets-have no close notion of their husbands'paychecks. 相当大一部分妇女――特别在高收入阶层――并不很了解他们丈夫的薪金。 来自辞典例句
n.让步,机率,可能性,比率;胜败优劣之别
参考例句:
The odds are 5 to 1 that she will win.她获胜的机会是五比一。
Do you know the odds of winning the lottery once?你知道赢得一次彩票的几率多大吗?急!翻译成英文.要手动翻译.要是用翻译工具的请标明。准确,要求准确...文章很长,辛苦大家了。_百度知道

我要回帖

更多关于 astonishing 的文章

随机推荐