扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
求一篇________in my life 的英文作文,200词左右.如题
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
Inrernet in my lifeThe thing I love most about the internet is the ability to communicate with people all over the planet.That's really what the web and the internet is all about:simple and straightforward communication.Nothing compares to the thrill of creating my own web sites,on which I "talk" to thousands of visitors every single day.I get an opportunity to explain my opinions,viewpoints and share information which may even be helpful.my words are not changed b every article (with a few exceptions) has been written by me to help others understand some issue,data or topic.My web site has a guestbook,which individuals can use to tell me what they think of my writings and opinions.in the 3 years since I began creating my sites,over one thousand people have left entries thanking me for my words,expressing praise for the effort or informing me of how my editorials help them somehow.These thouands notes of kindness outweigh a million-fold the dozen or so entries which ridiculed my efforts or attempted somehow to belittle me or my opinions.With so many positive comments,it's become very satisfying to hit the delete keyu on those evil little bombs left by people with nothing better to do than tear someone down.When I arrived home from work on September 11th,the first thing that I did was begin writing about the attacks.Before long,I had started a website,and began posting other articles by hundreds of individuals with their thoughts and contributions.I included graphics,photos and articles fro eventually the site expanded to over a thousand pages.The effort of putting this together,researching and writing,helped stabilize me in what appeared to be a very unstable and hostile world.When my wife became very ill and it became apparent that she would be unable to travel outside our apartment for months or even years,I turned to the internet for help.I showed her how to create a website,how to use Paint Shop Pro,and how to communicate with others.At first she used the internet only enough satisfy me,but before a month had passed,she was creating her own web site which informed others how to survive asthma and it's side effects.She wrote about her struggles with that terrible disease,as well as the five days she spent in a coma and the many different techniques tried to handle her condition.Thousands of people have signed her guestbook,and she has expanded her horizons and created a dozen different websites on many different toptics.in fact,my lovely wife now is working to become a professional webmaster herself,and I think she will soon be even better than I am at this trade.I believe that these efforts have expanded my horizons to the entire planet,and I have no doubt that the internet saved my wife's life.It enabled her to communicate with others,even provide a helping hand now and then,even though she could not leave the house for physical reasons.And,of course,the internet changed me beyond my wildest dreams.I now write one article (minimum) every single day,something that would have been unheard of years ago.I communicate regularly with people I have never (and will never) meet.The internet has enabled me to feel better about my fellow man and has gone a long way to convince me that man is good,and that evil is not normal.And that's what the internet has done for me.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:1530套总数:5885151套专访:3372部会员:401265位
当前位置:
& 江苏省响水中学学年高一上学期期中考试英语试卷
江苏省响水中学学年高一上学期期中考试英语试卷
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
上传时间:
下载次数:61次
资料类型:期中/期末
文档大小:160KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
江苏省响水中学2015年秋学期高一年级期中考试
命题人:陈新来
注意事项:
本试题分第I卷和第II卷,共页。
满分120分,考试时间为120分钟。
第I卷(共三部分,共85分)
听力部分(共两节,满分20分)
第一节(共5小题,每小题1分满分5分)
听下面5段对话,每段对话有一个小题, 从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你将有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题, 每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What will the weather be like tomorrow afternoon?
2. Where are the speakers?
A. At the man’s house
B. At a restaurant
C. At a cinema
3. Which meal does the host provide for the man?
C. Breakfast
4. Why was the woman worried?
A. Tom was sick
B. Tom didn’t go to school
C. Tom came back home late
5. What does the man ask the woman to do?
A. Text a message to Keith
B. Write down his phone number
C. Tell Keith to make a phone call to him
第二节(共15小题每小题1分,满分15分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题, 从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。 每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6、7题
6. What does the woman say about the watch?
A. It’s not worth repairingB. It’s impossible to repair it
C. It has an unusual problem
7. What does the man decide to do in the end?
A. Replace the watch
B. Have the watch repaired
C. Use the watch for another couple of months
听第7段材料,回答第8、9题
8. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. Unemployment
B. Future way of working
C. Home activities
9. What does the woman like doing?
A. Sending friends e-mails
B. Doing housework
C. Watching TV
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题
10. What is the relationship between the speakers?
A. Teacher and student
B. Classmates
C. Father and daughter
11. What does the woman think of her notes?
A. They aren’t helpful
B. They are well-organized
C. They are easily understood
12. What does the man think the woman should do?
A. Go through her notes often
B. Think over all the things in class
C. Write down the key points to make notes
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题
13. Why was the man late for his flight?
A. He looked for his suitcase
B. His arranged taxi didn’t turn up
C. He went back home to get his passport
14. How did the man get to Lombok from Bali?
B. By ship
C. By taxi
15. What happened when the man was swimming?
A. He was hurt by a fish
B. He had a sudden headache
C. He couldn’t head back to the beach
16. What did the man do in Lombok?
A. He climbed the mountain
B. He enjoyed the sunset
C. He helped a taxi driver
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题
17. Where does the woman live?
A. Near the sea
B. Near a forest
C. Near the mountains
18. What is the woman good at?
A. Singing
C. Swimming
19. What does the woman like doing in summer holidays?
A. Walking beside the sea
B. Playing the guitar in a band
C. Enjoying the views in the mountains
20. What is the woman’s favorite subject?
A. History
B. English
C. Geography
第二部分,英语知识综合运用
第一节:从AB、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项并在答题卡上,将该项涂黑. (共15小题,每题1分满分15分)
21. It's quite
to get angry with a person who is always impolite.
C.believable
D.general
22We can't_______ his mistakes, which were made because he was too careless with his
A. overcome
B. understand
C. tolerate
D. recognize
23. On average, the footprints discovered are 16 inches long, much larger than _______ of a
24. Christmas Day is drawing near and the children _______ receive gifts.
A. can’t wait for
B. are hoping for
C. can’t wait to
D. are wishing for
25. Harry Potter, for _______ life had once been very difficult, achieved great success and finally beat Voldemort.
26. Those who are of great determination are _______ to make great achievement.
A.probably
B.possible
supposed to clean the room, but it is still in a mess.
-- Oh, I was so busy that I forgot.
C. have been
D. will be
28. When _______why he was late again, he made up an excuse, saying that he hadn’t caught
the regular bus.
B. to be asked
29. They are all interested in the newly-built apartments along the river, but _______ really
want to buy any yet.
A.none of them
B.none of what
C.none of whom
D.none of which
30. It didn’t _____ him that she would refuse his invitation
A. happen to
B. adjust to
C. occur to
D. belong to
31. With Christmas coming, many people hurriedly ______ their way to the shop, trying to buy whatever they want at a discount.
32. Sarah had her washing machine repaired the day before yesterday, _______ she?
33-- Hi, Grandma, why do you look so tired?
-- I’m tired. I _______ the cleaning all morning.
B. had done
C. have been doing
D. have done
34. -- Take it easy! Don’t be so hard on yourself. Haven’t you heard “Failure is the mother of success”?
-- ____________.
A.So what?
B.Thanks.
C.No way.
D.What for?
35-- Congratulations, Tom! You have won the first prize in the physics competition. -- Don’t _______. I’m not good at physics, you know.
A.pull my leg
B.be a wet blanket
C.have green fingers
D.be all ears
第二节完型填空
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36-50各题所给的AB、C、D四个选项中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(共15小题,每题1分满分15分)
My husband hasn’t stopped laughing about the thing that happened to me. It’s
now but it wasn’t that time.
Last Friday, after doing all the family shopping in town, I
a rest before catching the train, so I bought a
and some chocolate and went to the station coffee shop that was a cheap, self-service place with long
to sit at. I put my heavy bag down on the floor, put the newspaper and chocolate on the table to
a place and went to get a cup of coffee.
When I came back with the coffee, there was someone in the
seat. It was one of those
young man, with dark glasses and torn clothes, and hair colored bright
at the front, not so unusual these days. What did
me was he’d started to eat my chocolate! Naturally, I was annoyed. However, to avoid trouble—then really I was rather uneasy about him—I just
down at the front page of the newspaper, tasted my coffee, and took a bit of chocolate. The boy looked at me
46 . Then he took another piece of my chocolate. I could hardly
it. Still I didn’t want to start an argument. When he took a
piece , I felt more
than annoyed. I thought, “ Well, I shall have the last piece.” And I
The boy gave me a
look, and then stood up. As he left, he shouted out, “This woman is mad!” Everyone
52 . That really made me feel silly, but it was
when I finished my coffee and got ready to leave. My face went red—as red as his hair when I
I’d made a mistake. It wasn’t my chocolate he’d been taking. There was mine, unopened, just under my
36. A. serious
B. wonderful
D. exciting
37. A. enjoyed
38. A. cake
B. newspaper
C. magazine
39. A. chairs
C. benches
40. A. order
41. A. very
42. A. wild-looked
B. wild-looking
C. good-looking
D. good-looked
43. A. red
44. A. interest
B. surprise
C. frighten
45. A. looked
46. A. eagerly
B. friendly
C. closely
47. A. believe
48. A. last
49. A. angry
D. curious
50. A. covered
D. wrapped
51. A. strange
B. exhausting
C. nervous
D. pleasant
52. A. agreed
B. promised
D. followed
53. A. better
54. A. wondered
B. realized
C. decided
D. recognized
55. A. bags
B. clothes
D. newspaper
第三部分:阅读理解(共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项中选出最佳答案, 选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
It’s not easy growing up. Growing up can be a real “pain” for some of us. We are always doing things that someone else makes us do and aren’t allowed to do all the things we like. Sometimes we feel sad, sometimes we are fearful, and sometimes we just don’t understand why we can’t stay young forever. But we should take a look back on all the hardships (苦难) in life with a positive attitude and learn from them. We should realize that all of our growing pains actually turn into growing gains!
Throughout our lives we are going to face many challenges and pains, but we should never let these obstacles keep us from following our dreams. We must overcome every obstacle one small step at a time.
As a young girl, my parents forced me to do so many things that I didn’t like. They made me learn to play the violin and then the piano. At that time I hated music and I also hated them. But looking back now, I am so glad that my parents encouraged me to take music lessons. Music has enriched (丰富) my life in so many ways. I now realize that my parents and teachers wanted me to have a better life than they did themselves.
We are all going to experience growing pains, but they are just part of our life. Think about how we would feel if we had no challenges and lived a life like that. Life would be really boring and meaningless. The future is ours! A little hard work and sweat never hurt anyone! If we realize that these pains are just small bumps (碰撞) on our road to success, we will realize that our growing pains are actually growing gains!
56. What would be the best title for this passage?
A. No pains, no gains
B. Growing pains and gains
C. Growing up is a pain
D. Growing up is easy
57. The underlined word “obstacles” (in Paragraph 2) refers to things that _____.
A. make it easy for you to do sth
B. make it difficult for you to do sth
C. make you happy
D. make you full of energy
58. What does the author now think about what her parents did for her in the past?
A. She is angry with them.
B. She is dissatisfied with them.
C. She is thankful to them.
D. She couldn’t forgive them.
59. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. Growing pains are part of our life.
B. Our growing pains will finally turn into growing gains.
C. We should stop when facing many challenges.
D. Life without challenges is boring and meaningless.
People are overweight for many reasons, the most important one of which is that they eat the wrong foods, get the wrong types of calories per meal, and they also eat meals at the wrong time each day. Food is more powerful than any weight loss pill, because the food that you eat can either make you thin or fat. This is true because your body is like an engine, and it only needs certain foods at certain intervals (间隔) each day.
Low-calorie Diets Do Not Work
The reason people cannot lose weight by starving themselves is that their metabolism(新陈代谢)will detect any major drop in calories and it will then adjust(调整)itself by burning fewer calories each day. That is the reason why you can eat 1,000 calories per day and not lose any weight, while your friends can eat 2, 500 calories per day and not gain any weight.
Low-fat Diets Do Not Work
Many people in today’s society are buying mostly low- fat or non-fat food at the grocery store. Everybody knows how much fat is inside the food they buy. However, people are getting fatter than ever before by doing this. They are not losing weight by changing to this low-fat lifestyle.
Losing weight has nothing to do with these things. One of the most important things you can do to control your weight is to eat the proper foods, such as fruit and vegetables, eat them at the right time, and exercise every day. If people make this a habit, they will lose weight.
60. What is the main reason why people are overweight according to the author?
A. They eat the wrong foods at the wrong time.
B. They eat food with lots of calories.
C. They don’t take any weight loss pills.
D. They burn many calories every day.
61. The article is written in order to _______.
A. tell readers not to buy low-fat or non-fat food
B. tell readers how to lose weight
C. tell readers about an important scientific discovery
D. call on people to lose weight and stay healthy
62. To realize the aim of your weight loss plan, you should ________.
a. do exercise every day
b. eat meals at the right time
c. eat fruits and vegetables
d. eat low-fat or sweet food
e. eat the proper foods at each meal
A. a, b, c, d
B. a, b, d, e
C. a, c, d, e
D. a, b, c, e
The United States is full of cars. There are still many families without cars, but some families have two or more. However, cars are used for more than pleasure. They are a necessary part of life.
Cars are used for business. They are driven to offices and factories by workers who have no other way to get to their jobs. When salesmen are sent to different parts of the city, they have to drive in order to carry their products. Farmers have to drive into the city in order to get supplies.
Sometimes small children must be driven to school. In some cities school buses are used only when children live more than a mile away from the school. When the children are too young to walk too far, their mothers take turns driving them to school. One mother drives on Mondays taking her own children and the neighbors’ as well. Another mother drives on Tuesdays, another on Wednesday, and so on. This is called forming a car pool. Men also form car pools, with three or four men taking turns driving to the place where they all work.
More car pools should be formed in order to put fewer cars on the road and use less gas. Too many cars are being driven. Something will have to be done about the use of cars.
63. The United States is filled with cars, but ______.
A. not every family has a car
B. few families have two cars or even more
C. every American has a car
D. every family has a car
64. What’s the main idea of the second paragraph?
A. Workers drive cars to offices and factories
B. Salesmen drive to carry their products.
C. Farmers drive into cities to get supplies
D. Cars are widely used.
65. Which statement is true according to the third paragraph?
A. Small children must be driven to school.
B. All children go to school by bus in some cities.
C. Mothers drive their children who can’t walk to school.
D. School buses pick up all children.
66. Mothers form car pools in order that_______.
A. they can drive to school
B. they can take turns driving their children to school
C. they reach school quickly
D. they can drive their children to school in time
The home of the future won’t be completely different and we will be living in houses and flats just as we do today. But people will want to shape their homes to match their dreams. No two homes will be the same. People will be able to buy “house kits” containing a basic house structure, with movable walls, doors and windows. They will put together the different parts to create the home they want.
Many jobs that we do today will disappear, others will still exist but will change and new jobs will be created. Skilled workers such as builders, gardeners and electricians won’t disappear because machines can’t replace them. Teachers will still exist because students need human contact. But they will be using modern technology in class more and students will be working more from home. The medical technology revolution and space travel will create new jobs which we can only imagine today.
Space holidays will develop in the future, but these holidays won’t be for everyone because they won’t be cheap. Short space trips will develop first, then space hotels will orbit the earth where it will be possible to have a longer vacation. By the end of the next century, there will be holiday centers on the moon with leisure facilities for families.
Paper won’t exist in the future. Instead, there will be e-paper which people will be able to use over and over again. This will develop in order to save natural resources. E-newspapers and e-magazines will replace traditional newspapers and magazines and we will download information and news articles from the Internet every day onto our reusable paper.
The laws of physics tell us that the earth is going to disappear some time in the future. This isn’t going to happen tomorrow but scientists predict that it will happen in five billion years when our sun explodes (爆炸). We will have to explore the universe and find another home. At some point in the distant future, either we stay on the earth and die with it, or we leave and move to another planet. There won’t be any other choice.
67. Homes of the future will ________.
A. be completely different from those of today.
B. be very similar to our homes
C. all be different form one another
D. be movable as you want
68. Space trips and staying in space hotels will _________.
A. become a very common way to spend a holiday
B. be the cheapest holiday option for families
C. attract a lot of people
D. still only be for very rich people
69. E-paper will replace traditional paper because _________.
A. young people like it
B. it won’t waste natural resource
C. it will be cheaper to produce
D. it will be convenient to carry
70. We will have to move to another planet ________.
A. if we want to save the human race
B. if we want to live a better life
C. when the earth explodes
D. when the earth is too crowded to live on
第卷 非选择题(满分35分)第一部分:根据首字母或中文意思填空(每小题1分,满分10分)
71. You can imagine my father shouting at me with his arms c__________.
72. He said he would come at nine, but he didn’t s__________ up at that time.
73. It is believed that these creatures are linked to a common __________ (祖先).
74. This box c__________ all the books you need, including an English-Chinese dictionary.
75. People all over the country d__________ money to those who suffered from the terrible disaster.
76. W__________ also say they saw Justin walking towards his home at 10:45 p.m.
77. The __________ (证据) that they collected isn’t enough to prove the man was a murderer.
78. We shouldn’t be a__________ of the way we look. Nothing is more important than health.
79. Mr. Benet is such a wise teacher. I have never __________(后悔) taking the advice he
80. Grandfathers, fathers and sons belong to three different g__________.
第二部分:根据句意及汉语提示完成句子(共10小题:每小题1分,满分10分)
81Our teacher urges us to form a good habit of learning, which we think will benefit us
_______ _______ _______ _______ (从长远角度看).
82. Many young girls, who want to lose weight, are always _______ _______ ______ (节食).
83. He has promised to _______ _______ (调查) the matter and will give the workers a satisfactory answer.
84. Mrs. Mavis said the aliens took her away so that they could _______ _______ _______
(做实验) her.
85. The department was badly organized until she _______ _______ _______ (负责,掌管) it.
86They all thought that it was my first visit to this city. ______ ______ ______ ______
______ (实际上), I had lived here for two years.
87. She _______ _______ (为自己辩护) successfully in court.
88. By _______ _______ (锻炼) regularly, you can feel you are full of energy.
89The doctor believed that my mother would _______ _______ (恢复,康复) her illness very soon.
90. The Yeti ______ ______ ______ ______ (据说是) a large, hairy animal that walks on two feet like a human being.
第三部分:书面表达(15分)
假如你是迎光中学的高一新生李新,学校将为高一新生举办主题为“What I Want to Learn in Senior School?”的英语演讲活动以规划自己高中的学习、生活,请结合自身看法与以下要点准备一份演讲稿。
要点包括:
学会学习:养成良好的学习方法、习惯(可举例说明)……
2. 学会与人相处:对人真诚、友善,帮助别人,与人相处融洽……
3. 培养良好的品质:坚定、乐观,挑战困难,努力实现梦想……
写作要求:
词数120词左右;
开头、结尾已给出,不计入总词数;
可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯
optimistic
Ladies and gentlemen,
Good morning! I’m Li Xin. I feel it an honor to give a speech here about “What I Want to Learn in Senior School.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks for listening.
江苏省响水中学2015年秋学期高一年级期中考试
1-5. CBACC
6-10. AABCB
11-15. ACCBA
16-20. BCBAA
单项选择:21. ACDCB
完型填空:36-40 CDBBC
41-45 DBABA
46-50 CADAC
51-55 ACBBD
阅读理解:56.B
71.crossed
73. ancestor
74. contains
75. donated
76. Witnesses
77. evidence
78. ashamed
79. regretted
80. generations
第二部分:根据句意及汉语提示完成句子(共10小题:每小题1分,满分10分)
81. in the long term
82. going on diets
83. look into
84. do research on
85. took charge of
86. As a matter of fact
87. defended herself
88. working out
89. recover from
90. is said to be
Ladies and gentlemen,
Good morning! I’m Li Xin. I feel it an honor to give a speech here about, “What I Want to Learn in Senior School.” Actually, what I want to learn most are as follows.
To begin with, I am supposed to have good learning ways and habits to make certain that I will learn well. Clearly, successful study is based on good ways and habits. Furthermore, a class is like a family where I should get along well with others. But how can I? As we know, only if we are sincere and kind to others, can we have good relationships with them. Finally, I will learn to develop good qualities like being determined, being optimistic and so on. Of course, don’t forget to set a dream and make all efforts to realize it. It is our determination that helps us to challenge difficulties and it is a dream that leads us forward.
I believe I will live my life to the fullest in senior school.
Thanks for listening.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 wonderful life下载 的文章

随机推荐