Mum gave mewhat a nice daygift on birthday.用what提问

-Mum, it is nice weather.I want to skate this afternoon. -Don't you think the ice on the lake is too thin to your weight? [ ] A.carry B.bear C.catch D.take 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
-Mum, it is nice weather.I want to skate this afternoon.
-Don't you think the ice on the lake is too thin to ________ your weight?
答案:B解析:
这里的bear不表示“忍受”,而是“承受”的意思。
练习册系列答案
科目:高中英语
来源:学年江西省高二下学期第一次月考英语卷
题型:阅读理解
After giving a talk at a highschool, I was asked to pay a visit to a special student. An illness had keptthe boy home, but he had expressed an interest in meeting me. I was told itwould mean a great deal to him, so I agreed.&& During the nine-miledrive to his home, I found out something about Matthew. He had musculardystrophy (肌萎缩症). When he was born, the doctor told his parents that he would notlive to five, and then they were told he would not make it to ten. Now he wasthirteen. He wanted to meet me because I was a gold-medal power lifter, and Iknew about overcoming obstacles and going for my dreams.&& I spent over an hourtalking to Matthew. Never once did he complain or ask, “Why me?” He spoke aboutwinning and succeeding and going for his dreams. Obviously, he knew what he wastalking about. He didn’t mention that his classmates had made fun of himbecause he was different. He just talked about his hopes for the future, andhow one day he wanted to lift weights with me. When we had finished talking, Iwent to my briefcase and pulled out the first gold medal I had won and put itaround his neck. I told him he was more of a winner and knew more about successand overcoming obstacles than I ever would. He looked at it for a moment, thentook it off and handed it back to me. He said, “You are a champion. You earnedthat medal. Someday when I get to the Olympics and win my own medal, I willshow it to you.”&& Last summer Ireceived a letter from Matthew’s parents telling me that Matthew had passedaway. They wanted me to have a letter he had written to me a few days before:Dear Dick,My mum said I should send you athank-you letter for the picture you sent me. I also want to let you know thatthe doctors tell me that I don’t have long to live any more, but I still smileas much as I can.I told you someday that I wouldgo to the Olympics and win a gold medal, but I know now I will never get to dothat. However, I know I’m a champion, and God knows that too. When I get toHeaven, God will give me my medal and when you get there, I will show it toyou. Thank you for loving me.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Your friend,&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Matthew1. Theunderlined sentence in the third paragraph probably means that_______.&& A. the boy nevercomplained about how unlucky he was to have this disease&& B. the boy nevercomplained about not being able to go to school& &C. the boy nevercomplained why the author had never come to see him before&& D. the boy nevercomplained about not gettig a medal2. Fromthe passage we learn that ________.&& A. Matthew was anathlete&& B. Matthew was anoptimistic and determined boy&& C. The author usedto have the same disease as Matthew had&& D. Matthew became achampion before he died3.Matthew didn’t accepted the author’s medal because&&&&&&&&&&.&& A. he thought it wastoo expensive&& B. he was sure thathe could win one in the future&& C. he thought it wasof no use to him as he would die soon&& D. he would not bepitied by others4. What would be the best title for this passage?&& A. A sickboy.&&&&&&&&& B. A special friend.&& C. A realchampion.&&&& D. A famous athlete.&
After giving a talk at a high school, I was asked to pay a visit to a special student. An illness had kept the boy home, but he had expressed an interest in meeting me. I was told it would mean a great deal to him, so I agreed. && During the nine-mile drive to his home, I found out something about Matthew. He had muscular dystrophy (肌萎缩症). When he was born, the doctor told his parents that he would not live to five, and then they were told he would not make it to ten. Now he was thirteen. He wanted to meet me because I was a gold-medal power lifter, and I knew about overcoming obstacles and going for my dreams. && I spent over an hour talking to Matthew. Never once did he complain or ask, “Why me?” He spoke about winning and succeeding and going for his dreams. Obviously, he knew what he was talking about. He didn’t mention that his classmates had made fun of him because he was different. He just talked about his hopes for the future, and how one day he wanted to lift weights with me. When we had finished talking, I went to my briefcase and pulled out the first gold medal I had won and put it around his neck. I told him he was more of a winner and knew more about success and overcoming obstacles than I ever would. He looked at it for a moment, then took it off and handed it back to me. He said, “You are a champion. You earned that medal. Someday when I get to the Olympics and win my own medal, I will show it to you.” && Last summer I received a letter from Matthew’s parents telling me that Matthew had passed away. They wanted me to have a letter he had written to me a few days before: Dear Dick, My mum said I should send you a thank-you letter for the picture you sent me. I also want to let you know that the doctors tell me that I don’t have long to live any more, but I still smile as much as I can. I told you someday that I would go to the Olympics and win a gold medal, but I know now I will never get to do that. However, I know I’m a champion, and God knows that too. When I get to Heaven, God will give me my medal and when you get there, I will show it to you. Thank you for loving me. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Your friend, &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Matthew
The underlined sentence in the third paragraph probably means that_______. && A. the boy never complained about how unlucky he was to have this disease && B. the boy never complained about not being able to go to school & &C. the boy never complained why the author had never come to see him before && D. the boy never complained about not gettig a medal
From the passage we learn that ________. && A. Matthew was an athlete && B. Matthew was an optimistic and determined boy && C. The author used to have the same disease as Matthew had && D. Matthew became a champion before he died Matthew didn’t accepted the author’s medal because&&&&&&&&&& . && A. he thought it was too expensive && B. he was sure that he could win one in the future && C. he thought it was of no use to him as he would die soon && D. he would not be pitied by others
What would be the best title for this passage? && A. A sick boy.&&&&&&&&& B. A special friend. && C. A real champion.&&&& D. A famous athlete.
来源:学年浙江省杭州十四中高二上学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
Have you got a Facebook account? Are you thinking of getting one? Jamie Simmonds has just signed up. Let’s see how she’s getting along.My DiaryMONDAY: I’m officially a Facebooker. I find a few people I used to know and I’ve soon got seven friends. I’ve never felt so popular! I wonder if my old university flatmate Steve is on here…What do you know! He is! Maybe Facebook has its uses.TUESDAY: I’ve received lots of nice welcoming messages on my wall. Later, I meet up with Steve for a drink after not seeing him for five years. We get on really well! Then, he uses his Facebook app for iPhone to suggest me as a friend to some other former classmates. Some of them even come to the pub and it’s just like old times – possibly a bit too much like old times. During the night, photos are uploaded to Facebook.WEDNESDAY: Disaster! My mum’s on Facebook! Has she seen the photos of me dancing on the table from last night? Has she shown them to dad? Oh. And I have a friend request – mum again!THURSDAY: There’s a message from my boyfriend, “so, it’s over then, ;is it?” Evidently I haven’t changed my settings to show I’m “in a relationship”, and I haven’t even added him as a friend. Ah, well, I wonder what my ex-boyfriend is doing… Whoops! I accidentally type his name into my status box instead of the search ‘ and now every one can see it on their news feed.’FRIDAY: Time to update my status:“Work is boring. Can’t wait for the weekend!” Yeah, that about sums it up. Oh, look, I’ve received a comment! Someone must feel the same way. Lots of my friends now“like” this status.SATURDAY: Good news! I’ve got 100 friends But wait! Someone’s “un-friended” me! I look through my “friend list” to try to work out who it was. Why did they do that? Am I really such a terrible person? I never knew Facebook could be this cruel.SUNDAY: Wake up. Check my Facebook page. Make coffee. Check my Facebook page again. Get ready to leave. Change my mind and check my Facebook page … again. I am becoming addicted to it! I think it’s time to end it all before it takes over my life. I delete my account. Back to good, old, simple e-mails. Oh, look, I’ve got a message: A friend invited you to join Twitter. . .In July 2010, Facebook had more than 500 million active users. The average Facebook user has 130 friends. Facebook is translated into more than 70 different languages. The world spends 700 billion minutes a month on Facebook. Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook page says he’s a Harvard graduate, even though he actually dropped out to focus on Facebook. The site is valued at between $7.9 and $11 billion.【小题1】 Why did Jamie’s boyfriend ask her whether she had broken up with him?A.He had seen photos of Jamie dancing on the table.B.She showed in her facebook that she was still not dating anyone.C.Her boyfriend was angry that she refused to add him as her friend.D.He saw the name of her ex-boyfriend on his news feed.【小题2】Which of the following is conveyed in this article?A.Visiting Facebook website took up a large part of Jamie’s time and energy.B.Jamie is enthusiastic about her present job.C.Facebook was created by a Harvard graduate, Mark Zuckerberg.D.Compared with Facebook, Twitter is a better choice for Jamie.【小题3】What does the word“un-friend” mean in“Someone’s ‘un-friended’ me!”?A. Being unfriendly to others.B. Having a quarrel with somebody.C. Removing a name from the friend list.D. Ending friendship with somebody.【小题4】Which of the following is true according to the passage ?A.Steve was Jamie’s boyfriend in the university.B.People all over the world spend 700 billion minutes a week on Facebook.C.Jamie’s mother has seen the photos of her dancing on the table.D.Jamie felt enthusiastic about Facebook at first.【小题5】It can be learned from the passage that the writer’s attitude towards Facebook is ______&.A.approvalB.objectiveC.negativeD.positive
来源:学年高考第二轮专题复习提分训练专题十七词义猜测英语试卷(解析版)
(2013·高考福建卷,A)When I was 12,all I wanted was a signet (图章) ring.They were the “in” thing and it seemed every girl except me had one.On my 13th birthday,my Mum gave me a signet ring with my initials(姓名首字母) carved into it.I was in heaven.What made it even more special was that it was about the only thing that wasn’t being “replaced”.We’d been burnt out in fires that swept through our area earlier that year and had lost everything—so most of the “new” stuff (东西) we got was really just to replace what we’d lost.But not my ring.My ring was new.Then,only one month later,I lost it.I took it off before bed and it was missing in the morning.I was sad and searched everywhere for it.But it seemed to have disappeared.Eventually,I gave up and stopped looking for it.And two years later,we sold the house and moved away.Years passed,and a couple of moves later,I was visiting my parents’ when Mum told me that she had something for me.It wasn’t my birthday,nor was it Easter or Christmas or any other gift?giving occasion.Mum noticed my questioning look.“You’ll recognize this one,”she said,smiling.Then she handed me a small ring box.I took it from her and opened it to find my beautiful signet ring inside.The family who had bought our house 13 years earlier had recently decided to do some redecorations,which included replacing the carpets.When they pulled the carpet up in my old bedroom,they found the ring.As it had my initials carved into it,they realized who owned the ring.They’d had it professionally cleaned up by a jeweler before sending it to my mother.And it still fits me.1.The underlined word “in” in the first paragraph probably means“________”.A.fashionable? B.availableC.practical D.renewable2.When she got the ring back,the writer was about ________.A.13 years old? B.15 years old C.26 years old? D.28 years old3.Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?A.The writer’s family moved several times.B.The writer never stopped looking for her ring.C.The writer’s ring was cleaned up by the new house owner.D.The writer lost her ring in the morning when she took it off.4.What would be the best title for the passage?A.My New Ring B.Lost and Found C.Lost and Replaced D.An Expensive Ring 
来源:2011浙江金华一中高三模拟考试英语试题
题型:完型填空
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 21~40 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。&& School was over and I feltquite tired. I sat at the very &21& of the crowded bus becauseof my anxiety to get home. Sitting there makes me &22 &outlike a shiny coin in a pile of dull pennies.&& Janie, the &23_ ,tries to break the uncomfortable atmosphere by striking the match of _ 24 .I tried to mind my manners and 25 &listen,but usually I am too busy thinking about my day. On this day, &&26&, her conversation was worth listening to.&& “My father’s sick,” she said tono one in &27 , I could see the anxiety and fear in her eyes.“What’s wrong with him?” I asked. With her eyes wet and her voice tight from &28&the tears, she answered, “Heart trouble.” Her eyes &&29 &&asshe continued. “I have already lost my mum, so I don’t think I can stand losinghim.”I was &30 &. Myheart ached for her. And this reminded me of the great &31& &thatmy own mother was thrown into when her father died. I saw how hard it was, and &&32&is, for her. I wouldn’t like anyone to& &33 &&that.&& Suddenly I realized Janiewasn’t only a bus driver. That was& &34 &&her job.She had a whole world of &&35 &and concerns, too. Isuddenly felt very __36____. I realized I had only thought of people as far aswhat their purposes were in my life. I paid no attention to Janie 37&she was a bus driver. I had& &38 &her by her job andbrushed her off as unimportant.&& For all I know, I’m justanother person in &39 &else’s world, and may not be &&40. I should not have been so selfish and self-centered. Everyone has placesto go, people to see and appointment to keep. Understanding people is an art.1. A.front&&&&&&&& B.end&&&&&&&&&&& C.side&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. middle2. A.find&&&&&&&&& B.take&&&&&&&&&& C.think&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. stand3.. A.doctor&&&&&&& B.driver&&&&&&&& C.teacher&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. assistant4. A.fire&&&&&&&&& B. topic&&&&&&&&&C. conversation&&&&&&& &&D.discussion5. A.politely&&&&& B.slightly&&&&&& &&C.carelessly&&&&&&&&& &&&D.partly6.. A.however&&&& B. therefore&&&&& &&C.instead&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. otherwise7.. A.surprise&&&&& B. particular&&&& &&C.silence&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. purpose8. A.fighting&&&&& B.turning&&&&&&& &C.clearing&&&&&&&&&&& &&D.protecting9. A.opened&&&&& &B.shone&&&&&&&&& C.closed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. lowered10. A.recognized&&& B.worried&&&&&&& C.shocked&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. excited11. A.victory&&&&&& B.pain&&&&&&&&&& C.respect&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. disappointment12.A.away&&&&&&& &B.seldom&&&&&&&& C.still&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. never13. A. pickup&&&&&& B. workout&&&&&& C. gothrough&&&&&&&&& &&D.get down14.A. almost&&&&&&&B. nearly&&&&&&&& C.ever&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. just15. A.family&&&&&&& B. bus&&&&&&&&&&&C.school&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. friend16. A.selfish&&&&&&& B. desperate&&&&&&C. pessimistic&&&&&&&&&D. ridiculous17.. A.while&&&&&&&& B.because&&&&&& &C.though&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. until18.. A. criticized&&&&&B. received&&&&&& &C.considered&&&&&&&&& &D.judged19.. A.everyone&&&&& B.anyone&&&&&&&& C.someone&&&&&&&&&&& D.nobody20. A.happy&&&&&&&& B.wise&&&&&&&&&& C.useful&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. important&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号What food is mum cooking in the kitchen? It nice.A. tastesB. sounds C. feels D. smells  题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
What food is mum cooking in the kitchen? It ______ nice.A. tastesB. sounds C. feels D. smells 
D【解析】试题分析:句意:妈妈在厨房做什么食物?闻起来很香。A尝起来B听起来C感觉D闻起来。故选D考点:考查词义辨析
练习册系列答案
科目:初中英语
来源:2015届湖北省鄂州市八年级下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
We’ll be away for two weeks because we’ll have a _____.A. two-weeks holiday B. two weeks’ holidaysC. two-week holiday D. two-weeks’ holiday 
来源:2015届湖北省洪湖市八年级下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
 1._________ wrote the postcard.A. TonyB. TomC. JackD. Peter2.The hotel was very _________.A. bigB. beautifulC. cleanD. warm3.They arrived at Mount Tai on _________.A. April 26thB. April 27thC. April 28th D. April 29th4.What did they do on Tuesday morning?A. They ate nice hot food.
B. They visited an old temple.C. They bought many nice things. D. They enjoyed the sea of clouds. 
来源:2015届湖北省洪湖市八年级下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
Do you believe some special dogs can do things ______ man?A. as good as B. so good as C. as well asD. so well as 
来源:2015届湖北省沙市八年级上第二阶段性英语试卷(解析版)
The Chinese New Year is the most important holiday for the Chinese people. For the Chinese,the New Year comes with the first day of the First Moon,between January 21 and February 19. People get ready for the holiday for fifteen days.Finally,at midnight it is the first day of the First Moon. People close the shops and the streets are empty. Everyone locks(锁) the doors and stays at home.It is an important time for the family. The younger people bow(鞠躬) to the older people. The Chinese call this Ke Tou. This means “to touch the ground with the forehead(额头)”.Then the younger people wish the older people a happy New Year. The older people give children gifts of money inside envelopes(信封). The family then go to sleep.In the morning,people dress in(穿上) their best clothes. Some people stay at home,others go out to pay a New Year Call. They are very polite and do not use bad words. It's the most important day of the year.1.“The Chinese New Year” in the passage means “______”.A.Mid&#Autumn B.the Spring FestivalC.Christmas Day D. the Dragon(龙)Boat Festival2.It takes about ______ to get ready for the Chinese New Year.A.a few days B.twelve daysC.half a month D.three weeks3.At midnight you can see ______people in the street. Everyone stays at home.A.lots of B.hundreds of C.many
D.few4.What’s the meaning of Ke Tou?A. to touch the ground with the forehead .B. to touch the ground with the head .C. to feel the ground. D. to feel the head.5.On the Chinese New Year's Day, what do people usually say to each other when they meet?A.Good luck!
B.Best wishes! C.Good morning. D.Happy New Year! 
来源:2015届湖北省沙市八年级上第二阶段性英语试卷(解析版)
About _____ of the students in Grade Eight this year were born in the ______.A. three five ,1996 B. three fifths , 1990sC. third fifth , 1997 D. third fifths, 1990s 
来源:2015届湖北省武汉市黄陂区九年级9月月考英语试卷(解析版)
 1. 56. We can see _______ in the butterfly exhibition .A.some paintings .B.some pictures of butterflies only .C.some beautiful butterflies .D.some pictures of the towns from all over the world .2. You are going to see the exhibition with your 14 –year –old daughter , you will have to pay __________ .A.15 yuan B.20 yuanC.25 yuan D.35 yuan3.We can book group tickets ____________ .A.by making a phone callB.by sending an e –mailC.by writing a letterD.by filling in an application form4.There are 45 students in our class . How much will they pay if they visit the exhibition ?A.¥ 675 B.¥ 450 C.¥900 D.¥4005.If you go to the exhibition on 1 st , May , you can get ___________ .A.a book
B. a ticketC. a butterfly D. a present 
来源:2015届湖北省咸宁市八年级下期末质量检测英语试卷(解析版)
题型:补充句子
 A: Hello , Maria ! You don’t look well. 1._____________________?B: I have a headache.A: 2._______________________ .Did you go to see a doctor?B: Yes , I did . The doctor said I just had a cold . And it was nothing serious.A: 3.__________________________________?B: For two days .A: 4._______________________________________?B: Well , I am worried about my lessons.A: Don’t worry. I will help you when you get well.B: 5.________________. I will ask for sick leave if I don’t feel well tomorrow.A: That’s right. I hope you will be better soon. 
来源:2015届湖北省鄂州市八年级下期末模拟英语试卷(解析版)
The young girl showed great courage
danger.A.in the hope of B.in the face of C.in favor of
D.in need of 
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 what a nice day 的文章

随机推荐