&&&热&&&&&
高一英语第八周集体备课及教案
作者:李立
文章来源:本站原创
点击数:1667
更新时间: 9:43:41
高一英语第八周集体备课计划及教案
周一:unit3 writing
周二:unit 4& words and expressions ( 1 period )
周三:&&&&&&& reading-warming-up pre-reading ( 1 period )
周四:&&&&&&&& reading --- comprehenging ( 1 period )
周五:&&&&&&& &reading--- language points ( 1 period )
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&Unit 4Earthquakes
B. something& C. much& D. better
B. as usual& C. usual& D. often
B. are& C. was& D. were
the whole country.
underground after the fire.
happened to them in a single year that they could hardly live on.
three women and five children from the burning house.
Period2 Reading(warmin-up,pre-reading)
Step I.& Revision
Check the homework with the whole class.
Step II. Warming up
Ask the students to read the instructions and make sure they know what to do, and then have a discussion about the two pictures.
T: Today, before we begin our reading, I’d like to ask you a question, “What is the biggest sound you have heard in your life?”
S1: The sound of wind that blew in a winter night when I was very young. It sounded like a ghost who was howling. I was very frightened at that time.
S2: The biggest noise was the one that I heard when my neighbor was quarrelling with his wife. Perhaps, they broke their TV set.
T: That’s too terrible.
S3: The noise when planes take off.
S4: The sound of trains.
T: Good! I agree that all of them are big sound. But did you once heard the sound that the heaven falls and the earth cracks, in Chinese it is ?
Ss: No, we have no chance to hear that.
T: If there is a sound like this, what is it?
S5: When someone hears something unexpected and terrible. For example, when one of his loved families dies, he will feel this sound.
T: Terrific! You are using a literary way to express the sound.
S6: When an earthquake happens.
T: Great! I have waited for this answer for a long time. Today we’ll learn something about earthquakes. I think most of us have heard of earthquakes. Can you imagine how terrible it is ?
S7: The earth is shaking . All the buildings will fall down.
S8: Many people will die. And perhaps many children will lose their parents.
T: Yeah, earthquakes are disasters to everybody. Now look at the two pictures of Tangshan and San Francisco. Can you describe what you see in the pictures?
S1: Tangshan is a beautiful city. It has beautiful gardens, broad roads and some tall buildings.
S2: From the picture of San Francisco,I can see that it is a very big city.& There are many tall buildings thickly standing on the earth. I think the population of the city is very large.
T: Good! What will happen if there has been a big earthquake in these two cities? Work in pairs and discuss it. Then I’ll ask so me of you to show your opinion.
Step III. &Pre-reading
There are two questions in this part. Both are very interesting. The first one c
an more or less reveal the students’ while the second one can enlarge their imagination. No matter what their answers are, as long as they have given careful thoughts to the situations, their answers should be good.
T: Now, let’s look at the pictures. What are the predictions of an earthquake?
S1: Before an earthquake animals will become nervous. Cows, pigs, horses and dogs will be upset. And people can see mice running about. If the earthquake happens during winter, people can even see snakes.
T: Terrific! Where did you get this knowledge?
S1: From geography. I like it.
T: good. Sit down please.
S2: Madam, I don’t know the meaning of the picture with two women.
T: It doesn’t matter. You will know it soon after reading our text. OK. Imagine there is an earthquake now, and your home is shaking, at this moment you have no time to take any other things but one, what will it be?
S3: I’ll take all my money. People can’t live without money.
S4: I will take as much water as possible. Because it is said that people can keep alive for nearly 7 days by drinking without any food
S5: In that case, I’d rather take some apples, so that besides drinking, I can also eat.
S6: I will carry my grandma. She is my most loved person in this world. She brought me up.
T: What a dutiful child you are! I’m very glad to hear that. Sit down please! It seems that all of you know what you should do during an earthquake. OK. Let’s read our text, and see what it tells us.
Step IV. &Reading
In this part, teacher should ask the students to read the passage quickly for the first time to get the general idea of the passage. Ask them to pay attention to the first sentence of each paragraph.& This can help them finish exercise3 in Comprehention. It is about the main idea of each paragraph. Then ask them to read the text again carefully to obtain some details. Before reading for the second time, show some questions on the screen, and let the students read the questions first. These questions can guide them to have a good understanding about the text. They can also make preparations for Exs1-2,which are about details.
T: At first I’d like to read the text quickly to get the general idea of the article.& While reading, you should pay attention to the sentence of each paragraph.
T: Have you got the general idea of the text?
T: What is it?
S1: There is no quick answer to this question . Are you suggesting us that the general idea is the mixture of the first sentences of each paragraph?
S1:OK. That’s easy. The main idea of the passage is some signs of the earthquake, and what would happen during the quake.
T: Good, sit down please. In fact, while we are answering the questions, we have involved the sequence, the functional item for this unit. (Teacher writes the word on the blackboard ) Do you understand the meaning of the word?
T: Sequence means the order of the events. It can tell us which event happens first, and which happens later.& Do you know the sequence that is used in our text?
S3: Yes. At first, the text tells us something that happened before the quake, then it tells us the things that happened during the quake and at last it tells us the things that happened after the earthquake.
T: Quite right! Now please look at the screen, these are the first sentences of each paragraph.& Read them and think if they are the main idea of the text. If necessary, you may make some changes to make more exact.
Teacher shows the screen and gives a little time to think it over.
Strange things were happening in the countryside in the northeast Hebei.
The disaster happened and caused a lot of loss.
&All hope was not lost.
Careful reading
T: Now, it’s time for us to read the text carefully. But before reading, you should read some questions first. These questions may help you get some information quickly and easily. Now look at the screen, and read the questions.
Show on the screen
What natural signs of a coming disaster were there?
Can you think of some reasons why these signs weren’t noticed?
What events probably made the disaster worse?
What situations probably made the disaster worse?
How were the survivors held?
Step V. &Extension
Show the questions on the screen.
From whose point of view are events described? How do you know?
What is the mood of this passage? How is it created?
Why do you think the writer chooses to express his feelings about the quake rather than simply reporting what had happened?
Why is the title A NIGHT THE EARTH DIDN’T SLEEP?
What does the sentence “Slowly, the city began to breathe again.” mean?
He uses third-person to describe the quake. His description is very objective. For example, the second sentence in the third paragraph. The writer says: “Everywhere they looked nearly everything was destroyed.” The writer uses they instead of we.
The mood is serious and a bit sad. It is created by giving details of how many people and animals were killed or injured, and how many buildings were destroyed.
Although the writer was not there, he felt sad for the people of Tangshan. He knows that some personal feelings will make the reading more interesting.
I think the reason is that, as usual, night is the time to sleep, and night should be safe and quiet. But that night everything changed. The writer uses A NIGHT THE EARTH DIDN’T SLEEP as a title to show how terrible and how unusual the night was.
Here we can see that the writer compared the city to a person who suffered a lot in the disaster. He felt her pain, and he worried about her. So when he said that people came to help her, we can feel his feelings to the city. The city will not die, she has hope and she can recover from the pain.
Step VI Comprehending
Answers to Exx1-3
1. C 2. E& 3.B& 4.D& 5.A
1. The walls of the villages wells had cracks in them.
2 .Roads got huge cracks
3. Brick buildings were destroyed.
4. The army helped the survivors.
5. Shelters were put up for those with no homes.
1. Strange things were happening in the countryside in northeast Hebei..
The disaster happened and caused a lot of loss.
All hope was not lost.
Step VII Homework
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&Period2&& Reading Comprehending
Step I Revision
Teacher check the students’ homework by showing the answers to exercises1-2 in the Learning about language.
Answers to Exercise 1.
pipe 2. dam 3. shocked 4.injured 5. well 6. canal 7. ruins 8. a great number of 9. at an end 10. bury 11. rise 12.rescue 13.steam
Answers to Exercise 2.
A great number of, dam, well, canals, steam, ruins injured, shocked, bury
T: OK. Before we begin today’s class, please guess the meaning of these sentences.
Small incidents foretell big events.
2 Blessings never come in pairs and misfortunes never come singly
3. Where there is life, there is hope.
S1: The first sentence means people should pay attention to the small things, because these things often cause unexpected events. Just like what we have learned in the text.
S2: The most important thing in the world is life. Without life, everything will lose its meaning.
S3: It means everything has its two sides. Although the disaster is terrible, and we cannot avoid it, it can force us to try our best to foretell it more exactly and reduce the loss caused by the disaster.
Step II. Reading, writing and speaking
A thank speech
The teacher’s main task is to tell students some problems that appeared in their writings.
Show the sample on the screen, and ask the students to read it, and find something that are useful.
Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Wang Wei. At first, I’d like to thank Mr. Zhang and the city of Tangshan for the honor of talking to you. I’d also like to thank each of you to come here today for this special occasion. Twenty-nine years ago, we experienced the terrible earthquake, which completely destroyed everything in the city. And twenty-nine years later, we get together in this beautiful park. This park makes me believe that we are indeed in the “Brave City of China”. Here I’d like to thank all of you, especially those who worked hard to save the survivors. During those days, you forgot the danger and devoted yourselves to digging out those who were trapped in ruins. Burying the dead, and building shelters and so on. I’m sure the people in Tangshan will never forget you! When I walk in the broad street, and see the new houses and offices, I can’t help expressing my thanks for those who rebuilt the city within 13 years. Also we can’t forget you. I believe our city become more beautiful in future. The spirit of its people has been and will always be strong forever! Thank you.
Two minutes later.
&T: What do you think of the speech?
&S1: The speech is very fluent.
&S2: The writer uses many Attributive Clauses. I don’t know how to use the structure.
&T:& It doesn’t matter. We’ll learn it next time. Now let’s go through exercise 4, it’s another writing task.
A little talk
A model speech has been given to the students. The students should complete the sentences after looking at the design of the new Tangshan stamps. The speeches may have many different contents. Let the students pay attention to this point: the audience is the same with the one In the last speech.
T: We can see there are four stamps showing new Tangshan. Can you describe each of them with a few words?
S1: Housing conditions for the first stamp.
S2: Street scenery of new Tangshan for the second stamp.
S3: Industry for the third one.
S4: Ocean transport for the last one.
An outline
Show the questions on the screen.
Why is an outline important?
What should an outline include?
Why is a headline important?
What are the steps to finish a newspaper story?
What is the feature of a newspaper story?
Because an outline will prepare you to write a better story.
A good outline should have a headline, a list of main idea and a list of important details.
A headline can tell the reader what the topic is, so it can attract the readers’ attention since the reader may not have bought the newspaper before they read the headline.
First, organize the main ideas. Next, put some details into each paragraph.
A newspaper story gives the most important news first and the least important news last.
Teacher show more examples of some newspapers on the screen and ask the students to read them and try to find the outlines in the stories.
A short story
This integrated language activity enables students to use their imaginations and to write in a literary way. You may want to encourage students to use a literary device, such as simile, personification or metaphor.
T: Now, please turn to page 62, look at the TALKING part. Read it carefully, and then tell me what the feature of this talking is.
Give them two minutes to think about this question.
S1: This talking needs us to imagine.
S2: We should write it in a literary way.
T: Good! You’ve got the point of the talking. In this task, the most important thing you should do is to make full use of your imaginations and try to use a literary way. For example, you may use simile, personification or metaphor. Now, work in groups to write down your own short stories. Attention! The stories are about the cause of earthquakes. After you’ve finished, I’ll ask some of you to read out your work..
In the center of the earth lives an evil ghost. He usually sleeps for many years. During these years, people on the earth live a happy life. But when he wakes up, he shall howl. And then people feel an earthquake.
Some people believe that there is a magic world in the center of our earth, where lives a kind of wiser living thing. They can make UFO. When the UFO comes out to visit our world, there is an earthquake.
Group There
There are too many people on the earth, and people are building too many buildings. Besides, they dig too many and too deep holes. The earth can’t stand. She shakes, and an earthquake happens.
Step III Homework
Write an outline for China Daily
Period3 Reading(learning about languadge)
1 Imagine your home begins to shake . .(p25)
shake(v)-shook-shaken
the whole house shakes when a train goes past.
shake hands with sb
shake sb by the hand =shake sb’s hand
shake with anger/fear/laughter//
2 For three days the water in the village wells rose and fell.,,.(P26)
rise(vi)-rose-risen
The river has risen by several metres.
He was accustomed to rising early.
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
The price of gas rose.
She rose to power in the 1970s.2070
riseraise:
He rose the baby from the bed.& &raised
The child raised form the ground. &rose
3 In the city, the water pipes in some buildings cracked and burst. ,.(P26)
burst Cburst-burst
(1) vi ,vt
The balloon burst when I stuck it with a pin.
Don’t burst that balloon.
He burst into the room without knocking
The sun burst through the clouds
burst into + n
burst out doing
He burst into laughter. = He burst out laughter.
He burst into tears. = He burst out crying.
I was shocked by the burst of tyre.
There was a burst of laughter in the next room.
burst open
be bursting to do sth
be bursting with sth
4 But the one million people of the city , who thought little of these events, were asleep as usual that night .,.(P26)
think little of
He thinks little of what his parents said.
think nothing of
think highly/well/much of …..
think badly/ill/little of ………..
think of ….as…………&&&&&&
think about&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&
think of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
5 It seemed as if the world was at an end. .(P26)
as if as though
(1)look ,seem
She looks as if she were ten years younger.
It seems as if our team is going to win.
She loves the boy as if she were his mother.
The child talked to us as if he were a grown-up.
It looks as if it is going to rain.
He talks as if he is drunk.
He walks as if he were drunk.
He talks as if he knew where she was.
He talks about Rome as if he had been there before.
The girl listened as if she had been turned to stone.
cwould/could/might +
He opened his mouth as if he would say.
It looks as if it might snow.
6 In fifteen terrible seconds a large city lay in ruins. 15,.(P26)
lie(lay, lain)
lie/be in ruins
The village lay in ruins after the war.
lie-lay-lain-lying&
lie-lied-lied-lying
lay Claid-laid-laying
ruin( vt )
The bad weather ruined our trip.
The country was ruined by the war.
The news meant the ruin of all our hopes.
We visited the ruins of the temple.
be /lie in ruins
fall into ruin&&
7 Two-thirds of them died or were injured during the earthquake. .(P26)
injure(vt) (
He injured his knee while playing football.
He was injured in the accident.
This could seriously injure the company’s reputation..
injured(adj)
the injured ,
The injured were sent to a nearby hospital.
injury (n)
injure woundhurt
hurt hurt,
He can’t play today because he has injured his knee.
He was wounded in the arm .
My leg still hurts.
His words hurt me.
8 Everywhere they looked nearly everything was destroyed. ,.(P26)
everywhere wherever, no matter where,
Everywhere I go , I find the same thing..
You see it everywhere you look.
9 People were shocked. .(P26)
shock( vt )
We were all shocked at the news of his death.
I was shocked to hear that he had resigned.
The news of his death came as a shock to us all.
I got a terrible shock the other day.
She was taken to hospital suffering from shock.
He isn’t seriously injured but he is in a state of shock.
shocked (adj) shocking(adj)
The result of the game is shocking.
I am shocked at his change.
10 it seemed as if the world was at an end. (P26)
my holiday is at an end and I must go back to work tomorrow.
I must warn you that my patience is almost at an end .
at the end of& /
in the end
from beginning to end
by the end of&&
make ends meet
bring sth to an end =put an end to sth
come to an end
end up with&&&
11 Some of the rescue workers and doctors were trapped under the ruins. (P26)
&We had given up hope of rescue at that time.
&The fisherman was saved in a daring sea rescue.
He rescued a child from drowning .
You rescued me from an embarrassing situation.
rescue sb from sb/sth
come/go to one’s rescue /
The police set a trap to catch the thief.
The deer was caught in our trap.
They trapped her into telling where the gift was hidden.
They were trapped in the burning building.
set a trap for sb
&&&&&&&&&& trap sb into sth/doing sth
&&&&&&&&&&&&&
12 All hope was not lost. (P26)
Not all hope was lost.all, both, each, every, everybody, everything, always, entirelynot
All that glitters is not gold .
All these books are not popular with people.
I agree with most of what you said, but I don’t agree with everything.
no, none, never, nobody, nothing, neither, no one, nowhere
None of these things were mine
Neither answer is correct.
Nothing is right.
13 Hundreds of thousands of people were helped. (P26)
&& thousands of
The oil spill endangered thousands of birds.
hundreds of
millions of
dozens of ,scores of
tens of thousands of
thousands of tens of/hundreds of/thousands of /millions of/scores of /dozens of +n,
thousand, hundred, million, billion, score, dozens
14 The army organized teams to dig out those who were trapped and to bury the dead. (P26)
More than ten people were dug out of the coal mine .
Why did you dig out these old books?
Both his grandparents were buried here.
He buried his face in his hands and wept.
She has learned to bury her feelings.
burial (n)
bury sth in sth
bury oneself in sth
be buried in sth
the + adj ,
the living the young
the injured the blind
The old are taken good care of.
15 Workers built shelters for survivors whose homes had been destroyed.P26
shelter (n)
Human beings need food, clothing and shelter.
take shelter from the wind/rain/weather//
a bus shelter && an air-raid shelter && an animal shelter&
shelter(vt)
Trees shelter the house from the wind.
16 Mice ran out of the fields looking for places to hide. (P26)
Looking for ……
He worked into the night preparing a report for his boss.
Many people come to theme parks looking for thrills and entertainment..
17 Such a great number of people died. (P26)
a large/great/good number of, a great/good many, a good few/quite a few
a great/good deal of , a great/large amount of , quite a little
a lot of/lots of, a great/large quantity of, quantities of, plenty of
18 The number of people who were killed or injured reached more 400000.40 (P26)
the number of
a number of :
the number of
a number of many,
A number of buildings were burnt down in the big fire .
The number of students in our class is 67.67
19 damage(n)
The storm caused great damage to the town.
They intend to sue for damages.
damage(vt)
Smoking seriously damages your health.
Many cars were damaged in the crash.
ruin, destroy, damage
An atom bomb would destroy a city.&
The flood did a lot of damage to the crops.
The bad weather ruined our trip.
If she loses the court case it will ruin her.
20 give out (P28)
After a month their food supplies gave out.
His patience finally gave out.
One of the plane’s engines gave out in mid-Atlantic.
give sth out ①分发;散发
The teacher gave out the exam paper. 老师分发了考试试卷。
③发出;放出(热,光等)
The sun gives out light and heat. 太阳发出光和热。
21 It was a frightening night. P28
&frighten (vt)
The sudden noise frightened us.
I was frightened at the sight of the snake.
frighten sb/sth away/off=frighten sb/sth away from sth /
frighten sb into/out of doing sth /
be frightened of doing sth
be frightened to do sth
be frightened to death&&
be frightened at sth&&&&
frightened frightening
frightened
frightening
a frightened boy
the frightening noise
frightened expression