关注樱知叶留学官方微信,随时在线咨询美国高中、本科留学申请、规划。
关注美国高中申请指南,第一时间掌握高中留学申请动态。
分享美国大学申请技巧,选校、文案留学规划全接触。
和你一样的用户还关注
您现在的位置: >
申请巴德学院无需成绩 写4篇作文即可
文章来源:
发布时间: 16:35
樱知叶留学是教育部首批留学中介,专注低龄留学十七年,如果您有留学申请方面的问题需要咨询,请致电:400-690-6688,您可在线咨询我们的留学顾问,或者提交在线报名表,我们的顾问将在24小时内给您专业回复!
导读:巴德这一革命性的录取政策变革,开始于2014年,申请学生申请巴德时,需要向学校提交4篇作文,每篇2500字以内,如果4篇文章总得分在B+,就可以被该大学录取,就这么简单。
  2015年起对于申请美国大学,如果由于种种原因,学生如不愿或不能提交考试成绩,如SAT,ACT,AP 甚至GPA,照样可以进美国名校-----巴德学院。前提是申请学生仅需要写4篇作文,每篇2500字以内,仅此而已。
  不要求任何考试,学生只写作文,就能进名校,这无疑对一些学生和家长来说是一个大好消息。
  巴德这一革命性的录取政策变革,开始于2014年,申请学生申请巴德时,需要向学校提交4篇作文,每篇2500字以内,如果4篇文章总得分在B+,就可以被该大学录取,就这么简单。
  还不敢相信吗?的确就是这么简单,具体情况可参考该校链接.
另外,该校的录取也不要求,虚假的实习,义工,社区服务,膨胀的个人简历等等,总之什么都不要,就4篇作文,一切搞定。
  对美国大学十多年的研究,这是目前我所知的第一所美国名校,第一次对标准化考试,如SAT,ACT,AP等的要求彻底放弃,在刚刚发表该文章的美国商业内参上,对巴德学院的新的大学录取实践给予高度赞扬,并称之为&美国大学录取的革命性变革&。
  这一变革不仅对美国学生是一个好消息,对国内学生来说更是一个好消息,无需考试就能进美国名校,这是很多学生和家长的多年的期盼。这是目前唯一一所刚刚开始真变革的美国名校,2015年该校的申请将一定会是大热门。
  巴德学院去年的新录取尝试非常成功,共有41名学生完成了该校的所谓大学考试&4篇作文,其中17名学生的作文达到B+,而被该校荣幸录取。
附英文原文:
  I have wonderful news for all you stressed-out parents of kindergartners whoseschool play was canceled to focus your 5-year-olds on college and career. Good news, as well, for you anxious 11th-graders, terrified that the Boone&s Farm you drank instead of writing a five-paragraph report on The Red Badge of Courage will ruin your future forever. Fantastic news for anyone who, like a certain friend of mine named &me,& choked on the SAT. And great, great news for anyone apprehensive about the Common Application and its reputation for glitchiness.
  Bard College, a highly selective liberal-arts school in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, is about to enter the second year of a revolutionary college-admissions experiment: four wickedly challenging essays, 2,500 words each, reviewed by Bard faculty (who, I assume, enjoy grading papers). All four essays get a B+ or higher? You&re in, period. No standardized test, no GPA, no CV inflated with disingenuous volunteer work. Last year, 41 students completed what the college is calling the Bard Entrance Exam&and 17 scored high enough to be admitted. This coming fall, that number may be substantially larger, as the country&s only true alternative application to an elite school gains publicity. I&m certainly doing my part to push it, because the idea is genius.
  The ramped-up pressures of admission, especially to elite schools, are very apparent to any Gen Xer (or older) who spends time with millennial college students. There is no way, for example, that 1994-era me would nowadays be admitted to my own alma mater, Vassar College. Today, perfection is the bare minimum: 4.0 and co-valedictorian, perfect Board scores, spotless extracurriculars, 30 hours a week of volunteering you don&t enjoy, a perfectly platitudinous essay about the Challenges In Your Life That Have Made You a Better Person&and then you might make the first cut. Don&t get me wrong&I love a high school goody two-shoes. But are they really the only people who deserve to go to a great college? Does an entire school full of imagination-bereft perfection not result in the sad demise of collegiate fun?
  The Bard Entrance Exam aims for exactly the kind of student who, for any number of reasons, doesn&t fit inside that infernal perfection cage&who is instead, as Bard&s Vice President of Student Affairs and Director of Admissions Mary Backlund told me, &someone who really likes learning,& but perhaps &couldn&t be bothered with what they saw as the &busy work& of high school, and instead invested themselves in things not perceived as &academic& in some places, like music or the arts&or just reading on their own.& For these students, Backlund tells me, &this option is a &twofer&: They get to apply and do what they love&researching and thinking&all at the same time.&
  It&s preposterous to determine a young person&s entire future based on her choices as a 14-year-old.
  Granted, many stress-addled seniors don&tresearch for kicks, and for them, the Common Application is a timesaver&although how does a young person memorize her own Social Security number nowadays, if she&s not made to write it by hand into seven different applications in a row? Granted, many universities require supplementary essays&such as Tufts& infamous prompt about #YOLO. But the Common App, which acts as a clearinghouse for everything from a student&s name and address to her GPA, extracurriculars, and recommendation dossiers, may still strike artsy or angsty students as poorly indicative of what they have to offer. Its emphasis on the usual prestige-suspects also disadvantages students with more eccentric r&sum&s. But for almost every school in the country, there is no alternative. Except at Bard.
责任编辑:美国留学编辑
你可能还对以下文章感兴趣
北京分公司:
北京市海淀区中关村南大街2号楼数码大厦A座3302室
邮政编码:100086
传真:010-
上海分公司:
上海市黄浦区复兴中路1号申能国际大厦1007A
邮编:200001
电话:021-山东大学2011年成人学士学位外语考试通知及试题答辩技巧_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者贡献于
评价文档:
2页免费15页免费3页免费2页¥1.004页免费 92页1下载券2页免费2页免费2页免费1页免费
喜欢此文档的还喜欢13页1下载券22页免费13页免费30页1下载券12页1下载券
山东大学2011年成人学士学位外语考试通知及试题答辩技巧|21届​成​人​本​科​毕​业​生​申​请​成​人​学​士​学​位​的​时​间​为01​年​成​人​学​士​学​位​外​语​考​试​成​绩​公​布​后​,月​份​报​名​。​山​东​省​教​育​厅​将​对​考​试​总​成​绩​和​试​卷​二​(​主​观​题​)​分​别​划​定​最​低​分​数​线​,​只​有​总​成​绩​和​试​卷​二​成​绩​均​超​过​最​低​分​数​线​的​考​生​才​具​备​学​士​学​位​申​请​资​格​,​具​体​申​请​程​序​请​登​陆​继​续​(​网​络​)​教​育​学​院​网​站​查​询​。
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:102.75KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢

我要回帖

更多关于 would like的用法 的文章

随机推荐