value everyfamily and relativess and friends .don't realize

【小题1】A【小题2】B【小题3】D【小题4】B【小题5】C【小题6】A【小题7】D【小题8】B【小题9】C【小题10】A【小题11】C【小题12】A【小题13】B【小题14】A【小题15】D【小题16】A【小题17】C【小题18】A【小题19】D【小题20】B
解析试题分析:文章介绍作者随家人搬到英国的经历,通过作者的努力,他很快适应了那里的环境,语言和文化,所以作者给刚刚搬到别国或计划这样做的人,建议尽量融入周围的环境。【小题1】考查名词:A. 1ack缺乏,B. memory记忆,C. reason原因,D. purpose目的,从前面的句子:Most of my relatives and friends lived there,可知所以永远都有姑婶姨母来宠我,有表哥表妹和我玩。选A【小题2】考查连词:A. if 如果,B. but但是,C. unless除非,D. because因为,我的爸爸是一名记者,但那时候他在比利时的工作不多。这两句话是转折关系,选B【小题3】考查动词:A. realized意识到,B. explained解释,C. learned学习, D. announced宣布,我8岁时,他宣布他在伦敦找到了一份长期工作,选D【小题4】. 考查形容词:A. shocked感到震惊的,B. excited兴奋的,C. nervous 紧张的,D. disappointed失望的,从后面的句子:I didn't realize I was leaving my friends behind and throwing myself into a different world. 可知我当时很兴奋,选B【小题5】考查动词:A. formed形成,B. increased增加,C. disappeared消失,D. continued继续,我们搬到那里的时候,兴奋的感觉很快就消失殆尽了。选C【小题6】考查介词:A. On在…上面,一…就…,B. In在…里面,C. For为了,D. By通过,我们一般到那里,我要到新学校上课,选A【小题7】考查名词:A. art艺术,B. history 历史,C. science科学,D. language语言,从后面的句子:For the &&&&&&six months I had extra lessons to& learn English.可知还要学习一门新的语言。选D【小题8】考查形容词:A. latest 最新的,B. first第一,C. last最后的,D. former前面的,在头六个月,学习英语,我要上额外的课程。选B【小题9】考查动词:A. ended结束,B. assisted 帮助吗,C. started开始,D. stayed逗留,开始时用抽认卡学习,慢慢过渡到书本。选C【小题10】考查形容词:A. quick快的,B. brave勇敢的,C. lovely可爱的,D. happy高兴的,,从后面的so I soon caught up. 可知我学得很快,选A【小题11】考查名词:A. classes班级,B. grades年级,C. children 孩子,D. teachers老师,社交方面以及与其他孩子打成一片等问题更花工夫。选C【小题12】考查动词短语:A. fit in适应,融入,B. call in召集,C. bring in引进,赚钱,D. give in屈服,在最初的两年多里,不管如何努力融入,我始终是一个外人。选A【小题13】考查形容词: A. lazy懒惰的,B. shy害羞的,C. responsible负责的,D. optimistic乐观的,从后面的句子, sensitive - a perfect target for bullies. 可知作者很害羞,选B【小题14】考查动词:A. accept接受,B. change 改变,C. blame责备,D. challenge挑战,从Thankfully, 可知,一些同学开始接受我。选A【小题15】考查动词短语:A. depend on依赖,B. take up从事,占据,C. refer to提到,所指,D. leave out遗漏,不考虑,因为他们帮我消除了那些让我成为“外国人”的东西。选D【小题16】考查动词: A. left离开,B. began开始,C. had有,D. enjoyed享受,当我离开初中的时候,没有人相信我是4年前到英国的,选A【小题17】考查副词:A. nearly几乎,B. specially特别地,C. finally最后地,D. hardly几乎不,我最后能够适应,学会的语言和文化,选C【小题18】考查名词:A . advice建议,B. demand要求,C. choice选择,D. condition条件,对于那些刚搬到别国或计划这样做的人,我的建议是试着找一个自己能融入的环境。选A【小题19】考查动词:A. sharing分享,B. keeping保持,C. finding发现,D. losing失去,“融入周围环境”不等于完全放弃自我、装作另外一种人,选D【小题20】考查形容词:A. simple简单的,B. new新的,C. positive 乐观的,D. recent最近的,“融入”其实就是尝试接受你身边那种全新的文化和语言。选B考点:考查人生百味类短文
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
题型:完型填空
阅读下面短文,从短文后所给的四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑Long long ago, a child was ready to be born. So one day he &&&&&&&God, “They tell me you are sending me to &&&&&&&tomorrow but how am I going to live there being so &&&&&&&and helpless?” God replied, “Among the many &&&&&&, I chose one for you. She will be &&&&&&&for you and will take care of you.” But the child wasn’t &&&&&&&he really wanted to go. “But tell me, here in Heaven, I don’t do &&&&&&&but sing and smile, that’s&&&&&&for me to be happy.” “Your angel will sing for you and will also &&&&&&&for you every day. And you will&&&&&&&your angel’s love and be happy.”“And &&&&&&&am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me.” The child continued, “if I don’t know the &&&&&&&that men talk?” God patted him on the head and said, “your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet &&&&&&&you will ever hear, and with much &&&&&&&and care, your angel will teach you how to &&&&&.” “And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?” “Your angel will place your &&&&&&&together and will teach you how to pray.” “I’ve heard that on earth there are bad men, who will &&&&&&&me?” “Your angel will defend you even if it means &&&&&&&her life!” And then God &&&&&&&the child on the shoulder and said, “Your angel’s name is not &&&&&&&to remember. You will simply call her Mommy.” 【小题1】A.asked B.answered C.taught D.told【小题2】A.heaven B.hell C.earth D.space【小题3】A.big B.small C.strong D.stupid【小题4】A.nurses B.doctors C.teachers D.angels【小题5】A.hiding B.waiting C.heading D.voting【小题6】A.sure B.urgent C.conscious D.impressive【小题7】A.anything B.something C.everything D.nothing【小题8】A.much B.little C.few D.enough【小题9】A.clear B.dive C.smile D.react【小题10】A.damage B.feel C.govern D.resign【小题11】A.when B.why C.how D.whether【小题12】A.languageB.meaning C.topic D.politics【小题13】A.poems B.stories C.arguments D.words【小题14】A.strength B.patience C.warning D.thinking【小题15】A.sing B.dance C.speak D.paint【小题16】A.hands B.feet C.arms D.legs【小题17】A.replace B.convert C.educate D.protect【小题18】A.burying B.risking C.experiencing D.attacking【小题19】A.hit B.ruinedC.touched D.cleaned【小题20】A.hardB.easy C.strange D.convenient
Directions: For each blank in the following passage there are four words or phrases marked A, B,C and D. Fill in each blank with the word or phrase that best fits the context.I hadn’t even got a chance to enter the store before an African American woman approached me and asked if I would help her return an item. The item she has _____ was intended for her daughter, but she had already received a similar one. The lady _____ to exchange the item for something else in the store but she was told she needed an ID or the deal could not take place.I went to the ____ with the woman so we could use my ID. The sales associate immediately started ______ her of asking the first random person she saw to help her. Although that was ___ , I didn’t understand why it mattered. After all, not everyone is given the opportunity to ____ an ID in this country.Then, we asked to speak with a manager, who explained that there was no way to return the item without a receipt and then went on to say the woman could not ______ she purchased the item.“If I , a young white female, were to enter the store and request you to make an exchange without a receipt, I would not be _____ the privilege--- as I have proof from the past.” I said. He must have realized at that moment what he had done, because he _____ to exchange the item.There are many valuable lessons in the story. The first is to help a stranger in need. I hesitated when the woman asked for my help, but ______ in my hand I asked myself, “ Why not? What valid reasons do I usually have?” I had none, so I helped her.The second lesson is not to judge a book by its ______. The woman looked poor, but she _____ the same treatment as anyone else does.【小题1】 A.purchased B.shown C.lost D.mended
【小题2】 A.managed B.wanted C.refused D.promised
【小题3】 A.counter B.department C.market D.window
【小题4】 A.warning B.informing C.reminding D.accusing
【小题5】 A.wrong B.true C.reasonable D.meaningful
【小题6】 A.leave B.pay C.find D.obtain
【小题7】 A.answer B.prove C.support D.admit
【小题8】 A.ordered B.asked C.denied D.given
【小题9】 A.agreed B.prepared C.failed D.remembered
【小题10】 A.totally B.gradually C.hardly D.quickly
【小题11】 A.design B.cover C.content D.price
【小题12】 A.deserved B.required C.received D.appreciated
One day, a well-known speaker was invited to give a lecture to an audience of 200. He started his lecture by &&&&&&a $ 20 bill. He looked around the room, and asked, “Who would like this $20 bill?”&&&&&&started going up.He said, “I am going to &&&&&&this $20 to one of you, but first, let me do this.” He crumpled up (揉皱) the 20-dollar bill. He then asked, “Who &&&&&&wants it?” Still the hands were &&&&&&in the air.“Well”, he replied,“&&&&I do this ?” And he dropped it on the &&&&&&and started to step on it with his shoes. He picked it up. Now it was crumpled and &&&&&&.“Now, who wants it?” Still the hands went into the air.“My friends, we have all learned a very &&&&&&lesson. No matter what I did to the &&&&&&, you still want it because it doesn’t decrease in &&&&. It is still worth $20, with &&&&&&we can buy what we need.Many times in our lives, we are &&&&, and trampled underfoot by the decision we &&&&&and the circumstances that come our way. We feel &&&&we were worthless. But no matter what has happened or what may happen to us, you will never &&&&&&your value. Dirty or clean, you are still priceless to those who do love you. The worth of our lives is determined not by &&&&&&we do or who we know, but by who we are. You are &&&&&. Don’t ever forget it.”If you &&&&&&this lesson in mind, it will help you to &&&&&&again when you fall. Each time it makes you grow much stronger.【小题1】A.holding upB.picking upC.keeping up D.bringing up【小题2】A.Chats B.Voices C.Hands D.Talks【小题3】A.pass B.give C.show D.lend【小题4】A.ever B.even C.alsoD.still【小题5】A.onB.offC.upD.out【小题6】A.What forB.How come C.What about D.What if【小题7】A.floor B.desk C.shelf D.dustbin【小题8】A.usableB.smallC.dirty D.old【小题9】A.meaninglessB.amazingC.rare D.valuable【小题10】A.moneyB.paperC.book D.card【小题11】A.shapeB.value C.qualityD.size【小题12】A.whichB.what C.that D.whose【小题13】A.warned B.pushed C.droppedD.reminded【小题14】A.prefer B.receiveC.faceD.make【小题15】A.as thoughB.even thoughC.if onlyD.only if【小题16】A.take B.lose C.miss D.win【小题17】A.how B.what C.whereD.who【小题18】A.honest B.wiseC.youngD.special【小题19】A.keep B.forget C.impressD.leave【小题20】A.stand upB.put up C.take upD.jump up
We live in a fast-paced and anxiety-filled world that oftentimes seems to shift beneath our feet. Thus we are sometimes affected by fears or anxiety impacting our life. For as long as I could remember I had struggled with anxiety. After I left university, I made friends with a Moroccan woman at work. One day she invited me to&&&&her and her family back home. I wanted to, but I would have to travel there &&&&and I knew we would be in a very rural area. How would I cope with my &&&? Then one day it &&&&to me that I had a life to live. I could choose to let anxiety &&&&me or I could go to Morocco and &&&&something different. I was 23 years old and had never been out of the UK alone. The journey to Morocco &&&&something inside me. I managed to cope with my anxiety. The sense of &&&&was overwhelming and still to this day when I get afraid of going somewhere alone, I remember how &&&&it felt when I arrived in Morocco.Upon arrival I was so &&&&for the generous welcome I received. My friend’s family had arranged a welcome party. The people were so loving toward me. As a moment of &&&&felt in a faraway village, this reminded me that I was “good enough”, which helped to &&&&my anxiety.Waking up the next day, in the morning light, I saw the area where we were. I was &&&&by how rural it was – and the realization that these people had very few &&&&. In the days afterwards, I traveled around Morocco. We went to Marrakesh and &&&&the Atlas mountains. We had the most amazing food – lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. At the end of my &&&&something inside me had changed. I realized I had not felt anxious for nearly two weeks.Experiencing a different culture far away from home helped me to realize what is important in life, what really &&&, and with that my anxiety &&&. When I returned home I was much more active in &&&&my anxiety. Working with people, helping them &&&&their anxiety, is how I can share the love I found in Morocco.【小题1】A.send B.consultC.call D.visit【小题2】A.alone B.soon C.free D.safe【小题3】A.workB.curiosity C.homesickness D.worries【小题4】A.appeared B.hit C.struckD.occurred【小题5】A.impress B.control C.reach D.persuade【小题6】A.enjoy B.experienceC.takeD.experiment【小题7】A.changed B.moved C.supported D.impressed【小题8】A.achievement B.fear C.disappointment D.embarrassment【小题9】A.good B.ashamed C.afraid D.proud【小题10】A.sorry B.confused C.confident D.thankful【小题11】A.doubt B.luck C.love D.surprise【小题12】A.improve B.hold C.protect D.reduce【小题13】A.inspired B.moved C.pleased D.shocked【小题14】A.lands B.difficulties C.resources D.friends【小题15】A.discovered B.explored C.examined D.recognized【小题16】A.opportunity B.rush C.stay D.life【小题17】A.rules B.exists C.matters D.hurts【小题18】A.disappeared B.expanded C.remained D.removed【小题19】A.expressing B.challenging
C.forgetting D.remembering【小题20】A.drop B.notice C.pass D.overcome
It was a busy morning about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80s came to the hospital. I heard him saying to the nurse that he was in a hurry for an appointment at 9:30. The nurse had him take a&&&&&&&in the waiting area,&&&&&him it would be at least 40 minutes &&&&&someone would be able to see him. I saw him &&&&his watch and decided, since I was &&&&busy ---my patient didn’t &&&&at the appointed hour, I would examine his wound. While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor’s appointment. The gentleman said no and told me that he&&&&&&to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his&&&&&. He told me she had been&&&&&&&for a while and she had a special disease. I asked if she would be&&&&&&if he was a bit late. He replied that she &&&&&knew who he was, and that she had not been able to &&&&him for five years. I was &&&&&, and asked him, “And you &&&&go every morning, even though she doesn’t know who you are?”& He smiled and said, “She doesn’t know me, but I know who she is.” I had to hold back&&&&&&as he left. Now I&&&&&&that in marriages, true love is &&&&of all that is.& The happiest people don’t&&&&&&have th They just&&&&&&the best use of everything they have. &&&&&isn’t about how to live through the storm,& but how to dance in the rain.【小题1】A.breathB.testC.seatD.break【小题2】A.persuadingB.promisingC.understandingD.telling【小题3】A.ifB.beforeC.sinceD.after【小题4】A.taking offB.fixingC.looking atD.winding【小题5】A.veryB.alsoC.seldomD.not【小题6】A.turn upB.show offC.come onD.go away【小题7】A.neededB.forgotC.agreedD.happened【小题8】A.daughterB.wifeC.motherD.sister【小题9】A.lateB.wellC.aroundD.there【小题10】A.lonelyB.worriedC.doubtfulD.glad【小题11】A.so farB.neitherC.no longerD.already【小题12】A.recognizeB.answerC.believeD.expect【小题13】A.movingB.disappointedC.surprisedD.satisfied【小题14】A.onlyB.thenC.thusD.still【小题15】A.curiosityB.tearsC.wordsD.judgment【小题16】A.realiseB.suggestC.hopeD.prove【小题17】A.agreementB.expressionC.acceptanceD.exhibition【小题18】A.necessarilyB.completelyC.naturallyD.frequently【小题19】A.learnB.makeC.favourD.try【小题20】A.AdventureB.BeautyC.TrustD.Life
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 31~50 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。The other day, I happened to meet someone I hadn’t seen for many years. I couldn’t believe the change in him. As a matter of fact, he didn’t even seem like the&&&&person.When I first knew Bill, back in &&&&, he was one of the most carefree(无忧无虑的) people I had ever &&&&&. He was always ready to have a &&&&. He usually went out for beer at three o’clock in the morning or drove 50 miles to see an old &&&&&he really liked. Bill and I were in the same class in college, and &&&&&was never dull when he was &&&&. With him there was one wild &&&&&after another. Sometimes I wonder how we &&&&&to study for our exams.Last week I was in Houston on business, and I ran into Bill in the bar at the hotel. &&&&, I wasn’t even &&&&&it was he. Was this short-haired businessman really the same person? I wasn’t really sure until I came near him, but it indeed was Bill. Now he works for a bank. He &&&&&most of the evening about his job, his new car and his house. How he had changed! Back when we were in college, the &&&&thing Bill cared about was possessions. Now they seemed to be his main &&&&. Although I have changed quite a bit myself, somehow, I never &&&&&Bill changing so much. My image of him &&&&&the one I had formed &&&&&the time when we were college students together.I suppose it’s &&&&&to expect people to remain the same, especially &&&&&I have changed so much myself. But I must say that I enjoyed the old Bill much more than the new Bill. Maybe he &&&&&&the same way about me.【小题1】 A.proper
C.regular D.common
【小题2】 A.childhood
B.primary school C.high school D.college
【小题3】 A.considered B.supposed C.met D.expected
【小题4】 A.party B.quarrel C.meeting
【小题5】 A.man B.hospital
C.film D.hotel
【小题6】 A.study B.life
【小题7】 A.in
【小题8】 A.dream B.mistake
【小题9】 A.decided
B.continued C.managed
【小题10】 A.As usual
B.By accident C.From then on D.All the time
【小题11】 A.glad
B.surprised C.excited D.sure
【小题12】 A.thought
【小题13】 A.best
【小题14】 A.interest
C.subject
D.problem
【小题15】 A.forgot
B.minded C.liked
D.imagined
【小题16】 A.remained
B.reminded C.suggested
【小题17】 A.since
C.at D.till
【小题18】 A.unnecessary
B.foolish C.common
D.unusual
【小题19】 A.because B.that C.how D.when
【小题20】 A.felt
D.Discovered
Once a man came to a wise man’s house and said, “I have many bad habits. Which one of them should I &&&&&&&first?” The wise man said, “Never tell lies &&&&&&&always speak the truth.” The man &&&&&&&to do so and went home.At night the man was about to go out to steal. Before setting out, he &&&&&&&for a moment about the promise he made to the wise man. “If he asks me where I have been, what shall I say? Shall I say I went out &&&&&&? No, I cannot say that. But nor can I &&&&&&. If I tell the truth, everyone will start &&&&&&&me and call me a thief. I would be &&&&&&&for stealing.” So the man &&&&&&&not to steal that night, and gave up this &&&&&&&habit.The next day, he &&&&&&&to drink wine. When he was about to do so, he said to himself. “What shall I say to the wise man &&&&&&&he asks me what I did during the day? I cannot tell a lie.” And so he gave up the &&&&&&&of drinking wine.In this &&&&&&, whenever the man thought of doing something bad, he &&&&&&&his promise to tell the truth at all times. &&&&&&he gave up all his bad habits and became a very &&&&&&&person. Telling the truth is a very good &&&&&&. If you always speak the truth, you can save yourself from a lot of &&&&&&&and become a person whom everyone &&&&&&&and admires.Make a promise: I shall always speak the truth.【小题1】 A.give out B.give off C.give up
D.give in
【小题2】 A.but B.and C.or
【小题3】 A.persuaded B.preferred C.pretended
D.promised
【小题4】 A.drank B.concerned
C.thought
【小题5】 A.stealing B.drinking C.talking
D.walking
【小题6】 A.say B.lie C.help
【小题7】 A.catching B.killing C.believing
【小题8】 A.punished B.ignored C.hurt
D.expected
【小题9】 A.forgot B.decided C.pretended
【小题10】 A.special B.unfair C.funny D.bad
【小题11】 A.wanted B.learnt C.stopped
D.promised
【小题12】 A.since B.if C.whether
【小题13】 A.word B.reason C.advice D.idea
【小题14】 A.house B.place C.way
【小题15】 A.planned B.remembered C.broke
【小题16】 A.At a time B.At first C.At last
D.At present
【小题17】 A.good B.rich C.calm
【小题18】 A.hope B.helper C.hobby
【小题19】 A.treasure B.trouble C.pleasure
【小题20】 A.cheats B.dislikes C.serves D.likes
In a world where comparisons happen non-stop, it is difficult to look outside yourself and to ever be &&21&&with who you are. There’s always someone who’s a bit &&22&. The only solution is to reach &&23&&and measure against what Warren Buffett calls your own inner yardstick. There is no more &&24&&measure for comparison than who your were yesterday, last week or last decade, when you were at your &&25&.Nothing useful ever comes from comparison to others .Either you see yourself as better than someone and you get &&26&, or you see someone else as better than you and you feel like all your hard work is for &&27&. It is a fool’s game. Not one of us is exactly &&28&. The only direct and honest comparison is &&29&&yourself. Everything else is apples to oranges.My opinion is that you are only &&30&&to compare yourself to someone else if their life&&31&&is the same as your own. Good luck finding that &&32&. And one thing is for sure. No matter how hard you work and how dedicated(埋头苦干的)you are, there will always be someone who can run a little faster, jump a little higher, score a little better or look a little nicer in a swimsuit. And if there’s not, you can &&33&&someone is coming up fast &&34&&you. So how can you always win in life? Become your best &&35&.Having an image of your most recent past limits is the perfect thing to &&36&&you to the next level. If you ran 7 flights of stairs yesterday, then do 8 today. Who &&37&&if the guy next to you did 15? It doesn’t make a bit of &&38&. You are a more &&39&&person today than you were yesterday. Your own &&40&&is all you need.【小题1】A.patientB.strictC.contentD.concerned【小题2】A.strongerB.betterC.lazierD.wiser【小题3】A.insideB.outC.forD.up【小题4】A.accurateB.usefulC.carefulD.powerful【小题5】A.endB.bestC.convenienceD.side【小题6】A.satisfiedB.busyC.inspiredD.lazy【小题7】A.nothingB.funC.sureD.success【小题8】A.equalB.uniqueC.alikeD.common【小题9】A.withinB.byC.forD.of【小题10】A.instructedB.allowedC.directedD.suggested【小题11】A.situationB.positionC.occasionD.accommodation【小题12】A.gameB.matchC.friendD.enemy【小题13】A.concludeB.betC.announceD.declare【小题14】A.beforeB.besideC.belowD.behind【小题15】A.assistantB.competitorC.coachD.teacher【小题16】A.contributeB.exposeC.pushD.devote【小题17】A.caresB.saysC.wondersD.asks【小题18】A.effortB.senseC.differenceD.change【小题19】A.successfulB.happyC.luckyD.fit【小题20】A.benefitB.progressC.habitD.result

我要回帖

更多关于 relatives 的文章

随机推荐