live in the gir forest of indialovelive继承码是什么么意思

当前位置: >>
>> 浏览文章
同等学力英语阅读理解(附译文和答案)八
  Most people think of lions as strictly African beasts, but only because they've been killed off almost everywhere else. Ten thousand years ago lions spanned vast sections of the globe. Now lions hold only a small fraction of their former habitat, and Asiatic lions, a subspecies that split from African lions perhaps 100,000 years ago, hang on to an almost impossibly small slice of their former territory.
  India is the proud steward of these 300 or so lions, which live primarily in a 560-square-mile sanctuary ( 保护区 ). It took me a year and a half to get a permit to explore the entire Gir Forest & and no time at all to see why these lions became symbols of royalty and greatness. A tiger will hide in the forest unseen, but a lion stands its ground, curious and unafraid & lionhearted. Though they told me in subtle ways when I got too close, Gir's lions allowed me unique glimpses into their lives during my three months in the forest. It's odd to think that they are thre Gir has as many lions as it can hold & too many, in fact. With territory in short supply, lions move about near the boundary of the forest and even leave it altogether, often clashing with people. That's one reason India is creating a second sanctuary. There are other pressing reasons: outbreaks of disease or natural disasters. In 1994 a serious disease killed more than a third of Africa's Serengeti lions & a thousand animals & a fate that could easily happen to Gir's cats. These lions are especially vulnerable to disease because they descend from as few as a dozen individuals. &If you do a DNA test, Asiatic lions actually look like identical twins,& says Stephen O'Brien, a geneticist ( 基因学家 ) who has studied them. Yet the dangers are hidden, and you wouldn't suspect them by watching these lords of the forest. The lions display vitality, and no small measure of charm.
  Though the gentle intimacy of play vanishes when it's time to eat, meals in Gir are not necessarily frantic affairs. For a mother and her baby lion sharing a deer, or a young male eating an antelope ( 羚羊 ), there's no need to fight for a cut of the kill. The animals they hunt for food are generally smaller in Gir than those in Africa , and hunting groups tend to be smaller as well.
  1. In the first paragraph, the author tells us that Asiatic lions ______.
  A. have killed off other lions B. have descended from African lions
  C. used to span vast sections of the globe D. have lost their habitat
  2. What impressed the author most when he went to watch the lions in the Gir Forest ?
  A. Their friendliness. B. Their size.
  C. Their intimacy. D. Their vitality.
  3. What does the sentence &&meals in Gir are not necessarily frantic affairs& mean?
  A. The lions do not show intimacy among them any more.
  B. The lions may not need to fight for food.
  C. Food is not readily available in that region.
  D. Meals can be obtained only with great effort.
  4. The lions in the Gir Forest are especially vulnerable to disease because ______.
  A. they have descended from a dozen or so ancestors
  B. they are smaller than the African lions
  C. they do not have enough to eat
  D. they are physically weaker than the African lions
  5. One of the reasons why India is creating a secondary sanctuary for the Asiatic lions is that ______.
  A. the present sanctuary is not large enough
  B. scientists want to do more research on them
  C. they have killed many people
  D. the forest is shrinking in size
  大多数人认为,狮子其实是非洲动物,但这只是因为几乎其他任何地方的狮子都被赶尽杀绝的缘故。一万年以前,狮子遍布于世界上的绝大多数地区。如今,狮子的栖息地只是以前的一小部分,亚洲狮子&&可能是十万年前从非洲狮子中分离出来的一个亚种,坚守着一块几乎不可能再小的以前领地。
  印度是大约三百只这样的狮子的管理地&&这些狮子主要生活于一个五百六十平方英里的保护区内,印度引以为荣。我花了一年半的时间才得到许可去探索整个格森林&&根本没有时间了解为什么这些狮子成为高贵和伟大的象征。老虎可能会隐藏在森林里让你看不见,但狮子却坚守自己的领地,充满好奇,无所畏惧&&威武勇猛。但是,当我*得太近时,格森林的狮子就以微妙的方式提醒我;在我呆在森林的三个月里,它们只容许我瞥了一眼它们的生活。认为它们面临绝种的危险的想法真是奇怪;格森林能够容纳多少狮子,就有多少狮子生活于其中&&事实上,有太多的狮子。由于缺少领地,狮子便在森林边缘出没,甚至完全离开森林,经常与人类发生冲突。这就是印度正在兴建第二个保护区的原因之一。还有一些其他紧迫的原因:疾病的爆发或自然灾害。一九九四年,一场严重的疾病夺去了非洲赛温葛蒂超过三分之一的狮子的性命&&一千只,这种命运可能很容易发生在格森林的猫科动物身上。这些狮子尤其容易患病,因为它们是十来只狮子的后裔。&如果你给亚洲狮子做一个 DNA 测试,你就会发现,它们其实看起来就像长相一样的双胞胎,&史蒂芬&奥&布瑞恩说,他是一名研究这些狮子的基因学家。不过,危险是潜在的,你不可能通过观察这些森林主宰者而猜测危险。狮子展示了活力,也展示了非常的魅力。
  在进食时,尽管在打闹中所表现出的温顺的爱抚行为消失了,但是,格森林中的进食肯定不是疯狂的行为。对于一只母狮子与其幼子共享一只鹿,或是与一只年轻的雄狮享用一只羚羊,它们没有必要为了分食猎物而争斗。格森林中狮子捕食的动物一般比非洲狮子捕食的动物小,狩猎的群体也往往比非洲狮子小。
  参考答案 : 1 . B 2 . B 3 . B 4 . A 5 . A
& & 更多请浏览单科频道,关于2015院校招生开班的详细信息可以联系我们的在线老师获取。
& & 随着2015同等学力备考号角吹响,新阳光教育全国知名同等学力考前铺导机构携手权威名师,深入广州、上海等课堂现场与广大学员进行一次面对面的授课交流,现场备考学员不仅可以亲身感受老师授课的风格与魅力,而且还能在现场与老师进行互动与交流,共同探讨高效复习秘诀。详情请点击:/zhuanti/LecturesApp.html
距2015年同等学力统考
新阳光免费为考生提供2015年同等学力报名时间提醒服务,最新动态将第一时间告知考生!提交成功即可免费获得新阳光独家编写的学习资料和复习方法各一份,发送至大家邮箱,机不可失哦!
  对于同等学力申硕考试的成绩管理有效期来说,申请人自通过资格审查之日起...
  一般说来,同等学力考生包括以下三种情况: 一是大专生,包括普通高校、成...
  同等学力申硕的开办专业侧重于一些研究型(学术型)学位,如文学、理学、工...
Copyright &
深圳市新阳光教育发展有限公司
All Rights Reserved.
地址:深圳市福田区深南中路2010号东风大厦14楼
电话:5 备案:粤ICP备号2013年大学英语考试宝典专业英语八级单项选择试题每日一练()
以下试题来自:(2007年模拟试卷,试卷总分:100分,)单项选择:PART Ⅲ GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
There are ten multiple-choice questions in this section. Choose the best answer to each question. Mark your answer sheet.第1题:Which king summoned "model parliament" in 1295A.William ⅠB.William ⅡC.EdwardD.Henry Ⅲ正确答案:C ()第2题:______is know as the "All Estates Parliament ".A.The Parliament of 1265B.The Parliament of 1266C.The Parliament of 1267D.The Parliament of 1269正确答案:A ()以下试题来自:(2006年模拟试卷,试卷总分:100分,)单项选择:TEXT B
She stood before us looking very composed as she gave us good morning. Sabri cleared his throat, and picking up the great key very delicately between finger and thumb -- as if it were of the utmost fragility -- put it down again on the edge of the desk nearest her with the air of a conjurer making his opening dispositions. "We are speaking about your house," he said softly, in a voice ever so faintly curdled with menace. "Do you know that all the wood is... "he suddenly shouted the last word with such force that I nearly fell off my chair, "rotten !" And picking up the key he banged it down to emphasise the point.
The woman threw up her head with contempt and taking up the key also banged it down in her turn exclaiming:" It is not."
"It is. "Sabri banged the key.
"It is not. "She banged it back.
"It is. "A bang.
"It is not." A counter-bang.
All this was certainly not on a very intellectual level, and made me rather ill at ease. I also feared that the key itself would be banged out of shape so that finally none of us would be able to get into the house. But these were the opening chords, so to speak ,the preliminary statement of theme.
The woman now took the key and help it up as if she were swearing by it. "The house ,s a good house," she cried. Then she put it back on the desk, Sabri took it up thoughtfully , blew into the end of it as if it were a sixshooter, aimed it and peered along it as if along a barrel. Then he put it down and fell into an abstraciton. "And suppose we wanted the house. "he said, "which we don’t, what would you ask for it"
"Eight hundred pounds."
Sabri gave a long and stagy laugh, wiping away imaginary tears and repeating. "Eight hundred pounds" as if it were the best joke in the world. He laughed at me and I laughed at him , a dreadful false laugh. He slapped his knee. I rolled about in my chair as ff on the verge of acute gastritis. We laughed until we were exhausted. Then we grew serious again. Sabri was still as fresh as a daisy. I could see that. He had put himself into the patient contemplative state of mind of a chess player.
"Take the key and go, "he snapped suddenly, and handing it to her, swirled round in his swivel chair to present her with his back i then as suddenly he completed the circuit and swiveled round again. "What!" he said with surprise. "You haven’t gone." In truth there had hardly been time for the woman to go. But she was somewhat slow-witted, though obstinate as a mule: that was clear. "Right," she now said in a ringing tone, and picking up the key put it into her bosom and turned about. She walked off stage in a somewhat lingering fashion. "Take no notice," whispered Sabri and busied himself with his papers.
The woman stopped irresolutely outside the shop, and was here joined by her husband who began to talk to her in a low cringing voice, pleading with her. He took her by the sleeve and led her unwillingly back into the shop where we sat pointedly reading letters. "Ah ! It’s you," said Sabri with well-simulated surprise. "She wishes to discuss some more," explained the cobbler in a weak conciliatory voice, Sabri sighed.
"What is there to speak of She takes me for a fool." Then he suddenly turned to her and bellowed. "Two hundred pounds and not a piastre more."
It was her turn to have a paroxysm of false laughter, but this was rather spoiled by her husband who started plucking at her sleeve as if he were persuading her to be sensible. Sabri was not slow to notice this. "You tell her, ' he said to the man. "You are a man and these things are clear to you. She is only a woman and does not see the truth. Tell her what it is worth !"第3题:The writer felt "iii at ease" because ______.A.the proceedings seemed inappropriate to the occasionB.he was afraid that the contestants would become violentC.he felt that no progress was likely to be madeD.he was not accustomed to such stupidity正确答案:A ()答案解析:该题问:作者感到不自在,这是因为什么A项意为“程序好象对这个场合来说不是那么合适”,文中的第一、二段的描述证明A项是正确的。B项意为“他担心竞争者会变得凶暴”,这不是作者的主旨。C项“他感到不会有什么进展了”,文中并没有提及和暗示。D项意为“他对这样的愚蠢觉得不习惯”,文中亦无暗示。第4题:Sabri dismissed the woman because ______.A.he had had enough of the argumentB.he wanted to show his disgust at the suggested priceC.he wanted to give tile impression that he had lost all interest in the saleD.he wanted time to think the matter over正确答案:C ()答案解析:该题问:Sabri让这个妇女离开是因为什么A项意为“他已争论得足够了”,显然再多的争论都不算多,A项不正确。B项意为“他想要显示出他对这个建议的价格的厌恶”,文中并没有提及他对价格的厌恶,故B项也不正确。C项意为“他想要给出一种印象即他在这桩买卖中无任何利益而言”,这是Sabri的谈判技巧,从文中的后半部分即可知Sabri只是要减低房价,所以C项为正确选项。D项意为“他想要时间再把这件事考虑一下”,显然他早已盘算清楚了,此项不正确。以下试题来自:(2006年模拟试卷,试卷总分:100分,)单项选择:PART Ⅲ GENERAL KNOWLEDGE There are ten multiple-choice questions in this
section. Choose the best answer to each question. Mark your answers on your
ANSWER SHEET.第5题:During the British Civil War, the supporters of the king was called ______.A.CavaliersB.merchantC.RoundheadsD.Scots正确答案:A ()答案解析:骑士派是保皇党人士;商人是圆颅派的部分成员,圆颅派支持议会,是与国王相对立的一方。苏格兰人与英国内战没有太大关系。第6题:Speech act theory is an important theory in the ______ study of language.
A. semantic
B. pragmatic
B. phonetic
D. morphological正确答案:B ()答案解析:言语行为理论(Speech act theory)属语用学(pragmatics)的研究范畴,而非语义学(semantics)、语音学 (phonetics)和词素学(morphology)的研究领域。以下试题来自:(2007年模拟试卷,试卷总分:100分,)单项选择:TEXT F
Most people think of lions as strictly African beasts, but only because they've been killed off almost everywhere else. Ten thousand years ago lions spanned vast sections of the globe, and so did people, who—as they multiplied and organized—put pressure on competitors at the top of the food chain. Now lions hold only a small fraction of their former habitat, and Asiatic lions, a subspecies that split from African lions perhaps 100,000 years ago, hang on to an almost impossibly small slice of their former domain.
India is the proud steward of these 300 or so lions, which live primarily in a 560-square mile (1,450-square-kilometer) sanctuary. It took me a year and a half to get a permit to explore the entire Gir Forest—and no time at all to see why these lions became symbols of royalty and greatness. A tiger will slink through the forest unseen, but a lion stands its ground, curious and unafraid—lionhearted. Though they told me in subtle ways when I got too close, Gir's lions allowed me unique glimpses into their lives during my three months in the forest. It's odd to think that they are thre Git has as many lions as it can hold—too many, in fact. With territory in short supply, lions prow] the periphery of the forest and even leave it altogether, often clashing with people. That's one reason India is creating a second sanctuary. There are other pressing reasons: outbreaks of disease or natural disasters. In 1994 canine distemper killed more than a third of Africa's Serengeti lions—thousand animals—a fate that could easily befall Girts cats. These lions, saved by a prince at the turn of the 20th century, are especially vulnerable to disease because they descend from as few as a dozen individuals. "If you do a DNA fingerprint, Asiatic lions actually look like identical twins," says Stephen O’Brien, a geneticist who has studied them. Yet the perils are hidden, and you wouldn't suspect them by watching these lords of the forest. The lions exude vitality, and no small measure of charm.
Though the gentle intimacy of play vanishes when it's time to eat, meals in Gir are not necessarily frenzied affairs. For a mother and cub sharing a deer, or a young male relishing an antelope, there's no need to fight for a cut of the kill. Prey animals are generally smaller in Git than they are in Africa, and hunting groups tend to be smaller as well. The lions themselves aren't as big as African lions, and they have shorter manes and a long fold of skin on their undersides that many lions in Africa don't have.第7题:Why are the lions in the Gir Forest especially vulnerable to diseaseA.They are physically weaker than the African lions.B.They are small in size.C.They do not have enough to eat.D.They have descended from a dozen or so ancestors.正确答案:D ()第8题:What impressed the author most when he went to watch the lions in the Gir ForestA.The lions were on the brink of extinction.B.They were suffering from a fatal disease.C.They allowed him to see their vitality and charm at close quarters.D.Mother lion and her cub shared a deer.正确答案:C ()以下试题来自:(2003年真题试卷,试卷总分:82分,)单项选择:PART Ⅲ READING COMPREHENSION
SECTION A READING COMPREHENSION (30 MIN. )
In this section there are four reading passages followed by a total of fifteen multiple-choice questions. Read the passages and then answer the questions.
Hostility to Gypsies has existed almost from the time they first appeared in Europe in the 14th century. The origins of the Gypsies, with little written history, were shrouded in mystery. What is known now from clues in the various dialects of their language, Romany, is that they came from northern India to the Middle East a thousand years ago, working as minstrels and mercenaries, metalsmiths and servants. Europeans misnamed them Egyptians, soon shortened to Gypsies. A clan system, based mostly on their traditional crafts and geography, has made them a deeply fragmented and fractious people, only really unifying in the face of enmity from non-Gypsies, whom they call gadje. Today many Gypsy activists prefer to be called Roma, which comes from the Romany word for "man". But on my travels among them most still referred to themselves as Gypsies.
In Europe their persecution by the gadje began quickly, with the church seeing heresy in their fortune-telling and the state seeing anti-social behaviour in their nomadism. At various times they have been forbidden to wear their distinctive bright clothes, to speak their own language, to travel, to marry one another, or to ply their traditional crafts. In some countries they were reduced to slavery—it wasn't until the mid-1800s that Gypsy slaves were freed in Romania. In more recent times the Gypsies were caught up in Nazi ethnic hysteria, and perhaps half a million perished in the Holocaust. Their horses have been shot and the wheels removed from their wagons, their names have been changed, their women have been sterilized, and their children have been forcibly given for adoption to non-Gypsy families.
But the Gypsies have confounded predictions of their disappearance as a distinct ethnic group, and their numbers have burgeoned. Today there are an estimated 8 to 12 million Gypsies scattered across Europe, making them the continent's largest minority. The exact number is hard to pin down. Gypsies have regularly been undercounted, both by regimes anxious to downplay their profile and by Gypsies themselves, seeking to avoid bureaucracies. Attempting to remedy past inequities, activist groups may overcount. Hundreds of thousands more have emigrated to the Americas and elsewhere. With very few exceptions Gypsies have expressed no great desire for a country to call their own — unlike the Jews, to whom the Gypsy experience is often compared. "Romanestan,' said Ronald Lee, the Canadian Gypsy writer. "is where my two feet stand."第9题:According to the passage, the main difference between the Gypsies and the Jews lies in their concepts ofA.language.B.culture.C.identity.D.custom.正确答案:C ()答案解析:此题为细节理解题。据第3段倒数第2句,我们知道,绝大多数吉普赛人没有表示要建立属于自己的国家的愿望,而这与犹太人不一样(尽管这两个民族常被人们相提并论)。据最后l句中加拿大籍吉普赛作家Ronald
Lee所言,“哪里讲吉普赛语,哪里就是我的立足之地。”由此可见,他们对自己的身份或归属(identity)并不在意。[难点解析]Gypsies吉普赛人shrouded
in mystery神秘地掩盖起来,处于神秘之中。shroud表示“遮蔽”、“隐藏”、“把……伪装起来”。minstrels and
mercenaries
minstrel指(中世纪的)豪门艺人,专以歌唱、讲故事、滑稽表演等取悦于封建主的歌手、乐师、滑稽演员等,(中世纪的)吟游诗人。mercenary指外国雇佣兵。注意此二词连用时产生的头韵效果。clan
system宗派体系fragmented and
fractious分裂而且难以驾驭的。此处也使用了头韵。nomadism游牧生活,流浪生活ethnic
hysterical这里指德国纳粹疯狂迫害包括犹太民族、吉普赛人在内的暴虐行为。confound此处表示“挫败”,“使落空”。burgeon迅速增长,发展繁荣downplay
their profile贬低他们的形象或影响第10题:Gypsies are united only when theyA.are engaged in traditional crafts.B.call themselves Roma.C.live under a clan system.D.face external threats.正确答案:D ()答案解析:此题为细节理解题。据第1段第5句我们知道,吉普赛人根据他们从事的传统手艺以及他们分布的地理区域建立起宗派体系,这种组织方式使他们分裂而且难以驾驭。他们只是在面临来自被他们称作gadje的非吉普赛人的威胁时才会真正团结起来。
(作者:在线考试中心()
编辑:heishuai)
文章热词:
延伸阅读:
专业英语八级最新试卷
专业英语八级热门试卷

我要回帖

更多关于 girdear是什么牌子 的文章

随机推荐