求高中高一英语必修3unit33 《百万英镑》英文原声,双字幕电影资源!~~~~~

人教版高中英语必修三第三单元:百万英镑
编辑点评:
《百万英镑》是美国著名的幽默大师马克o吐温的代表作,曾于1953年被改编为电影。本文选取了电影中的部分对白,台词非常滑稽、有趣,实为不折不扣的哲理喜剧。我们一起来感受一下大师级的幽默吧~ 
Unit 3&& 百万英镑
THE MILLION POUND BANK NOTE
Act I, Scene 3
第一幕第3场
It is the summer of 1903.
1903年的夏天。
Two old and wealthy brothers, Roderick and Oliver, have made a bet.
一对年老又富有的兄弟,罗德里克和奥利弗,打了一个赌。
Oliver believes that with a million pound bank note
奥利弗认为,一个人靠一张百万英镑的钞票
a man could survive a month in London.
在伦敦能活一个月。
His brother Roderick doubts it.
他的兄弟罗德里克对此表示怀疑。
At this moment, they see a penniless young man wandering on the pavement outside their house.
这时,他们看见一个身无分文的年轻人在房子外面的人行道上游荡。
It is Henry Adams, an American businessman,
他叫亨利&亚当斯,一个美国商人。
who is lost in London and does not know what he should do.
他在伦敦迷了路,不知道该怎么办。
RODERICK: Young man, would you step inside a moment, please?
罗德里克:年轻人,请你进来一下好吗?
HENRY: Who? Me, sir?
亨利:先生,你叫谁呀?是叫我吗?
RODERICK: Yes, you.
罗德里克:是的,就是你。
OLIVER: Through the front door on your left.
奥利弗:从你左侧的前门进来。
HENRY: (A servant opens a door) Thanks.
亨利:(仆人给他开门)谢谢。
SERVANT: Good morning, sir. Would you please come in?
仆人:早上好,先生,请进。
Permit me to lead the way, sir.
先生,请让我来带路吧。
OLIVER: (Henry enters) Thank you, James. That will be all.
奥利弗:(亨利走进来)谢谢你,詹姆斯,没你的事了。
RODERICK: How do you do, Mr ... er ...?
罗德里克:你好,先生。你贵姓?
HENRY: Adams. Henry Adams.
亨利:亚当斯。亨利&亚当斯。
OLIVER: Come and sit down, Mr Adams.
奥利弗:来,请坐,亚当斯先生。
HENRY: Thank you.
亨利:谢谢。
RODERICK: You're an American?
罗德里克:你是美国人?
HENRY: That's right, from San Francisco.
亨利:是的,从旧金山来。
RODERICK: How well do you know London?
罗德里克:你对伦敦熟悉吗?
HENRY: Not at all, it's my first trip here.
亨利:一点儿也不熟,这是我第一次来伦敦。
RODERICK: I wonder, Mr Adams, if you'd mind us asking a few questions.
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,不知你是否介意我们问几个问题?
HENRY: Not at all. Go right ahead.
亨利:不介意。请问吧。
RODERICK: May we ask what you're doing in this country and what your plans are?
罗德里克:可不可以问一问,你在这个国家要做什么,你的计划又是什么呢?
HENRY: Well, I can't say that I have any plans. I'm hoping to find work.
亨利:恩... 谈不上有什么计划。我希望能找到工作。
As a matter of fact, I landed in Britain by accident.
事实上,我在英国上岸是偶然的。
OLIVER: How is that possible?
奥利弗:这怎么可能呢?
HENRY: Well, you see, back home I had my own boat.
亨利:是这样的。你看,在美国的时候我有我自己的船,
About a month ago, I was sailing out of the bay ...
大约一个月以前,我开船驶出了海湾......
(his eyes stare at what is left of the brother's dinner on table)
(他的眼睛盯着兄弟俩留在餐桌上的残羹剩菜上)
OLIVER: Well, go on.
奥利弗:往下说啊。
HENRY: Oh, yes. Well, towards nightfall I found myself carried out to sea by a strong wind.
亨利:哦,好的。傍晚时分我发现我被一阵狂风刮到海上去了。
It was all my fault. I didn't know whether I could survive until morning.
这都是我的错。我不知道是否能活到早晨。
The next morning I'd just about given myself up for lost when I was spotted by a ship.
第二天早上,我正感到绝望的时候,一艘海船发现了我。
OLIVER: And it was the ship that brought you to England.
奥利弗:正是那艘船把你带到了英国。
HENRY: Yes. The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand,
亨利:是的。事实上,我靠做义工来顶替船费。
which accounts for my appearance.
这就是为什么我衣冠不整的原因了。
I went to the American embassy to seek help, but ...
我上美国大使馆求助,但是......
(The brothers smile at each other.)
(兄弟俩相视而笑)
RODERICK: Well, you mustn't worry about that. It's an advantage.
罗德里克:嗯,这一点你倒不必担心,这还是优点呢。
HENRY: I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, sir.
亨利:对不起,先生。你的话我没有听懂。
RODERICK: Tell us, Mr Adams, what sort of work did you do in America?
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,请告诉我们,你在美国干哪一个行当?
HENRY: I worked for a mining company.
亨利:我在一家矿业公司工作。
Could you offer me some kind of work here?
你们能不能给我提供一份工作呢?
RODERICK: Patience, Mr Adams.
罗德里克:耐心点儿。亚当斯先生。
If you don't mind, may I ask you how much money you have?
如果你不介意,我能不能问问,你手头儿有多少钱?
HENRY: Well, to be honest, I have none.
亨利:老实说,我一分钱都没有了。
OLIVER: (happily) What luck! Brother, what luck! (claps his hands together)
奥利弗:(高兴地)老兄!真走运!真有运气!(鼓起掌来)
HENRY: Well, it may seem lucky to you but not to me!
亨利:呃...这对你们来说可能是运气,但对我来说可不是。
On the contrary, in fact. If this is your idea of some kind of joke, I don't think it's very funny.
事实上,正好相反。如果你们认为这是一个笑话,我可不觉得好笑。
(Henry stands up to leave)
(亨利起身准备走)
Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll be on my way.
好了,请原谅。我想我该走了。
RODERICK: Please don't go, Mr Adams.
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,请别走。
You mustn't think we don't care about you. Oliver, give him the letter.
你千万不要以为我们不在意你的感受。奥利弗,把信给他。
OLIVER: Yes, the letter. (gets it from a desk and gives it to Henry like a gift)
奥利弗:是,拿信。(从桌上把信拿起来,像送礼品一样递给亨利)
The letter.
HENRY: (taking it carefully) For me?
亨利:(小心翼翼地接过信)是给我的吗?
RODERICK: For you. (Henry starts to open it) Oh, no, you mustn't open it.
罗德里克:是给你的。(亨利要拆信)啊,别拆,你不要拆。
Not yet. You can't open it until two o'clock.
现在还不是时候,到两点钟你才能打开。
HENRY: Oh, this is silly.
亨利:这真可笑。
RODERICK: Not silly. There's money in it. (calls to the servant) James?
罗德里克:这不可笑,这里面有钱呢。(叫仆人)詹姆斯?
HENRY: Oh, no. I don't want your charity. I just want an honest job.
亨利:噢,不,我不需要你们的施舍。我只要一份老老实实的工作。
RODERICK: We know you're hard-working.
罗德里克:我们知道你工作是很卖力的。
That's why we've given you the letter. James, show Mr Adams out.
这正是我们给你这封信的原因。詹姆斯,请送亚当斯先生出去。
OLIVER: Good luck, Mr Adams.
奥利弗:祝你好运。亚当斯先生。
HENRY: Well, why don't you explain what this is all about?
亨利:恩......怎么不给我讲讲,这究竟是怎么回事呢?
RODERICK: You'll soon know. (looks at the clock) In exactly an hour and a half.
罗德里克:你很快就会明白的。(看着钟)一个半小时以后。
SERVANT: This way, sir.
仆人:请这边走,先生。
RODERICK:Mr Adams, not until 2 o'clock. Promise?
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,两点以前请不要拆信,你能保证吗?
HENRY: Promise. Goodbye.
亨利:我保证!再见!
你可能还感兴趣的相关文章
本单元向同学们普及天文学知识来啦!本文翻译了其中的两篇文章——《地球上生命的起源》和《月球之旅》。我们赖以生存的地球是如何进化的?面对全球气候变暖,它将何去何从?月球与地球又有什么不同?一起来阅读本文了解一下吧~
最新2015人教版高中英语信息由提供。
CopyRight & 沪江网2015
请输入错误的描述和修改建议,建议采纳后可获得50沪元。
错误的描述:
修改的建议:高一英语必修3Unit3课件_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者
评价文档:
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
高一英语必修3Unit3课件
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:9.81MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢人教版高中英语必修3unit3课文知识点详解_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者
评价文档:
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
人教版高中英语必修3unit3课文知识点详解
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:779.00KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢高中英语必修3?Unit?3教学设计课件(人_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者
评价文档:
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
高中英语必修3?Unit?3教学设计课件(人
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:3.58MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢

我要回帖

更多关于 高一英语必修3unit3 的文章

 

随机推荐