太阳,你好阅读短文回答问题第一小题:从短文中找出跟下面两句话意思相近的句子抄写在下面三

45---47&& CDB&&略
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
第四部分任务型阅读(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)请认真阅读下面短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词,每空限填一词。Recently we asked how you felt about calculators (计算器) at school. We heard from about thirty people in twelve countries, including a large number of Chinese.
Turbo Zhang writes, "My brain is slow because I have a calculator everywhere, on my mobile phone, on my computer, etc. New technology makes us use everything except our brains." Joony Zhu says calculators can provide us with answers we may not completely understand. As a student at an engineering college in China, he calls using a calculator "a kind of laziness". Khaled Hamza from Cairo says calculators have a bad effect because "you don’t need to make an effort to get a result." Hemin, a math teacher in Kurdistan-Iraq, says good math skills are life skills. So he believes in solving problems with a pencil until high school. "You should take the trouble to work out problems without calculators. Then you come to respect the power of these machines." But He Wenbo from China says calculators reduce careless mistakes. "When I was young we couldn’t use calculators. But when I entered high school we had to solve a lot of math problems. The calculator made my homework easier." Michel says, "My handheld calculator has been important in my studies and even in my life." But he also advises, "As we’re enjoying using calculators, be careful to avoid their bad effects." Finally, Thomas, a student in China, wants to tell us he likes a special calculator which he does not know how to use. In English we call it an abacus (算盘).Title: A Survey on the Use of (66)______ Disadvantage Turbo ZhangMy brain is slow (67)______ I have calculators everywhere. Joony ZhuIf you use calculators, you will become (68)______.Khaled Hamza Calculators have bad (69)______ because students don’t have to make an effort. Hemin Good math skills are (70)______ in life.(71)____He Wenbo Calculators (72)______ careless mistakes. A calculator makes homework (73)______.Michel They are important in our studies and lives. But take (74)______ to avoid their bad effects .Thomas He likes a special calculator (75)______ an abacus.
题型:完形填空
阅读下面的短文,并根据短文后的要求答题。(请注意问题后的字数要求) No first lesson is more important than the one on personal safety for kids. The First Lesson of the New TERM, a TV documentary(纪录片) about how to protect oneself in times of emergency, is meant to provide school students with the knowledge on self-protection. It will help students in case of natural disasters, snowstorms or floods.There are times when one can be helpless and hopeless in many life-threatening situations. But that does not mean we _______ the end of life at that time. Many examples show that enough knowledge about self-protection along with enough courage and determination can help many survive.The most recent example is from May earthquake in Sichuan Province. Thousands of school kids were killed by collapsed(坍塌的) school buildings, while all students from a middle school survives even without a single one being hurt. That’s because of their timely and orderly escape, which they had been drilled in every term.Japan has set a good example for us in safety lessons. Survival exercises are held in Japanese schools every year. With different kinds of competitions and training, schools help the students be aware and capable of surviving disasters.It’s good to see this program is the core(核心) of a national campaign to warn students the importance of personal safety. Chinese Education Ministry has called on all schools nationwide to give lessons on self-protection knowledge in times of emergency every term.Life is weak but can be strengthened when one is equipped with enough knowledge on how to best survive.小题1:What will be helpful for students to survive natural disasters? (Please answer within 15 words)小题2:Fill in the blank in paragraph 2 with a proper phrase or words. (Please answer within 2 words)小题3:What is the purpose of the passage? (Please answer within 15 words)小题4:Which sentence in the text is the closest in meaning to the following one? Students will be more keen and determined in face of disasters if they have got much knowledge and experience about self-protection.小题5:Translate the underlined sentence of the last paragraph into Chinese.
题型:阅读理解
Last summer I went through a training program and became a literacy volunteer(扫盲志愿者). The training I received, though excellent, did not tell me how it was to work with a real student, however. When I began to discover what other people’s lives were like because they could not read, I realized the true importance of reading.My first student Marie was a 44-year-old single mother of three. In the first lesson, I found out she walked two miles to the nearest supermarket twice a week because she didn’t know which bus to take. When I told her I would get her a bus schedule. She told me it would not help because she could not read it. She said she also had difficulty once she got to the supermarket, because she couldn’t always remember what she needed. Since she did not know words, she could not write out a shopping list. Also, she could only recognize items by sight, so if the product had a different label, she would not recognize it as the product she wanted.As we worked together, learning how to read built Marie’s self-confidence, which encouraged her to continue in her studies. She began to make rapid progress and was even able to take the bus to the supermarket. After this successful trip, she reported how self-confident she felt. At the end of the program, she began helping her youngest son, Tony, a shy first grader, with his reading. She sat with him before he went to sleep and together they would read bedtime stories. When his eyes became wide with excitement as she read, pride was written all over her face, and she began to see how her own hard work in learning to read paid off. As she described this experience, I was proud of myself as well. I found that helping Marie to build her self-confidence was more rewarding than anything I had ever done before.As a literacy volunteer, I learned a great deal about teaching and helping others. In fact, I may have learned more from the experience than Marie did.小题1:What did the author do last summer? A.She worked in the supermarket. B.She helped someone to learn to read. C.She gave single mothers the help they needed. D.She went to a training program to help a literacy volunteer.小题2:Why didn’t Marie go to the supermarket by bus at first? A.Because she liked to walk to the supermarket. B.Because she lived far away from the bus stop. C.Because she couldn’t afford the bus ticket. D.Because she couldn’t find the right bus.小题3:How did Marie use to find the goods she wanted in the supermarket? A.She knew where the goods were in the supermarket. B.She asked others to take her to the right place. C.She managed to find the goods by their looks. D.She remembered the names of the goods.小题4:Which of the following statements is true about Marie? A.Marie could do things she had not been able to do before. B.Marie was able to read stories with the help of her son. C.Marie decided to continue her studies in school D.Marie paid for her own lessons.
第二部分 阅读理解(共25小题;第一节每小题2分,第二节每小题1分;满分45分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。It was the old lady’s eightieth birthday. She was sure&Myra wouldn’t&forget her mother’s&birthday,&even if she was busy.&After all,&eighty&was a special birthday. Perhaps Myra might&come. Even&if Myra did not&come,&she&would&send&a present.&The old lady was sure of that. Two spots of colour&brightened&her cheeks. She was excited like a child.Mrs. Morrison&had brought a card and a bunch of flowers when she came to do the breakfast. Mrs.&Grant&downstairs had&made a cake. Johnnie, the little boy next door, was now up with her with a packet of sweets.“I guess you’ll&get lots and&lots of presents,” he said. “I did last week when I was six.”What would she&like?&A pair of slippers&perhaps.&A&blue new cardigan. Or a table lamp. Or a little clock, with clear black numbers. So many lovely things.&She stood by&the window,&watching. The postman&turned&round&the& corner on his bicycle. Her heart beat fast. Johnnie had seen him too and ran to the gate. “Granny, granny,” Johnnie&returned. “I’ve got your post!” He&gave&her&four&envelopes.&Three&were&from&old friends. The fourth was in Myra’s writing.“No parcel, Johnnie?” “No, granny.” Almost reluctantly,&she tore the fourth envelope open.&Folded in the card was a check. Written on the card was a message: Happy Birthday—Buy&yourself&something&nice&with the&check,&Myra&and Harold.The six-figure check&fell to&the&floor like a bird&with a broken wing. Slowly the old lady bent to pick it up.&Her present,&her lovely present. With trembling fingers she tore it into little bits. 41. As can be inferred from the passage, ______.
A. the neighbours cared little about the old lady in daily lifeB. the friends sent the old lady many lovely presents by post C. Myra was stopped by her husband from seeing her motherD. the old lady lived alone in a flat away from her daughter42. The old lady felt ______ when she saw the fourth envelope in her daughter’s writing. A. excited&&&&&&&&&B. disappointed&&&&& C. happy&&&&&&&&& D. impatient43. The reason the old lady tore the check into small pieces was that______.A. she was sure her daughter would come, not the checkB. she didn’t notice there were six figures on the checkC. she would prefer a present with love from her daughterD. she didn’t think the check was large enough for a present44. Which of the following might serve as the best title for the passage? A. The Present.&& B. The Check.&& C. The Birthday.&&& D. The Daughter.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
About H1N1 viruses are not spread by food. You cannot get infected with H1N1 virus from eating pork or pork products. Eating properly handled and cooked pork products is safe.Spread of H1N1 virus is thought to occur in the same way that seasonal flu does, Viruses are transmitted mainly through droplets(小滴)from coughing or sneezing of an infected person. Keeping a safe distance is recommended. Studies have also shown that flu virus can survive on object surfaces for 2 to 8 hours. Sometimes viruses can be spread when a person touches something like the surface of a desk that is polluted with droplets, and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth before washing their hands.The symptoms of H1N1 flu virus in people include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose and body aches. Severe illnesses and death have occurred as a result of illness associated with this virus.Protect-Yourself Tips1.CDC recommends a yearly seasonal flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against seasonal influenza.2.If you get seasonal or novel H1N1 flu, anti-viral drugs can treat the flu.3.For treatment, anti-viral drugs work best if started within the first 2 days of symptoms.4.Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.5.Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.6.Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.7.Try to avoid close contact with sick people.8.If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities.9.Follow public health advice, and avoid crowds.10.Be prepared in case you get sick and need to stay h a supply of OTC medicines, tissues and other related items might could be useful and help avoid the need to make trips out in public.To stay well during flu season, click
Flu (Swine Flu) and You for other helpful advice and information.44.In order to keep fit during flu season, we should keep in mind that________&&&&& A.pork is not a medium of spreading and we can eat it however it is prepared B.touching objects polluted by virus is the major cause of getting infected C.droplets of an infected person definitely get people infected D.the period of the virus staying alive on the surfaces can be up to eight hours45.What should you do if you get H1N1 flu according to the passage? A.Take a H1N1 flu vaccine immediately.& B.Use antiviral drugs quickly. C.Stay home for at least 24 hours.&&&&&& D.Prepare some OTC medicines.46.Where will you probably read this passage? A.In a daily-life newspaper.&&&&&&&& B.In a popular magazine. C.On a disease-prevention website.&&&&&&& D.In a medical handbook.47.The abbreviation CDC most possibly stands for ________ A.Centers for Disease Control&&&&& B.Citizens' Defense Corps C.Control Data Corp&&&&&&&&&&&&
D.Civil Defense Council
Welcome to Hannibal!HANNIBAL CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU505 N. Third, Hannibal, MO 63641(573) 221-2477·Fax: (573) 221 -6999www. VisitHannibal. comHannibal, Missouri, founded in 1819, is known worldwide as the boyhood home of Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain), . The Clemens family moved to Hannibal in 1839 from nearby Florida, Missouri when Sam was four years old. He spent his formative years here, leaving such a lasting impression that his childhood memories provided the basis for much of his writing. In later life during an interview in India he said, “All that goes to make the me in me is a small Missouri village on the other side of the globe”. Besides Mark Twain, famous Hannibal residents(居民) that may interest tourists include: Margaret Tobin Brown, known as “Unsinkable Molly Brown” after he survived the sinking of the Titanic in 1912, was born in Hannibal in 1867.William P. Lear, inventor of the automobile radio, the automatic pilot for airplanes and the LearJet, was born here in 1902.Cliff Edwards, actor and musician, was born here. He was known in Hollywood as “Ukelele Ike”, provided the voice for “Jiminy Cricket” in Pinocchio and appeared in many films.Admiral Robert E. Coontz, a native of Hannibal, became Commander of the United States Fleet(舰队) in 1923.Jake Beckley, known as “Old Eagle Eye”, played baseball for three major league teams. He was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1971.Helen Cornelius, country and western singer, is a Hannibal native.William Henry Hatch, Hannibal lawyer who, while as a congressman (议员), played animportant role in making sure of the passage of agricultural legislation that established the position of Secretary of Agriculture in the Cabinet(内阁) of the President of the United States.64. Hannibal, Missouri is known worldwide ________. A. because the Clemens family used to live there B. as the birthplace of Mark Twain C. because Mark Twain spent his boyhood years there D. for a number of notable people who once lived there65. What Mark Twain said during an interview in India implies that _______. A. the life he lived in Hannibal had a decisive influence on his whole life B. he spent all his life in a small Missouri village C. the years he spent in Hannibal left the deepest impression on his memory D. if he had not been a native of Hannibal, he couldn’t have become famous66. Among the famous Hannibal residents, __________. A. Helen Cornelius was a western singer singing in the country B. Cliff Edwards acted in the film Pinocchio C. Jake Beckley made contributions to the American navy D. William Henry Hatch worked as a politician
第三部分:阅读理解(共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下列短文,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项。Thirty years ago I worked in a company. My job was to sell the cars. I was young and strong and I had been to most parts of the world and I spent one fifth of my time in the trains or planes. I liked such a life and sometimes I called myself “traveler”.But one day I got into trouble. It was a cold morning. It blew heavily and the ground was covered with thick snow outside. I was still in bed though it was nine. I finished a long journey the day before and decided to have a good rest. Suddenly the telephone rang and my manager told me to fly to New York to take part in an important meeting. I had to get up and after a quick breakfast I hurried to the airport. The taxi went slowly and I missed the first flight. I had to take the next one. It meant I would wait for nearly five hours in the waiting-room. But five hours later a passenger said the information showed there was a bomb in our plane and the policemen were looking for it. And another five hours passed and most passengers lost their patience before we were allowed to get on the plane. At the entrance each passenger and their baggage had to be examined. A young man who seemed a soldier shouted at the policemen at the entrance, “If I had a gun in my baggage, I would shoot you two hours ago!”56.The writer called himself “traveler” because he________A.sold cars for his company&&&&&& B.often took trains and cars C.traveled all over the world&&&&&& D.liked traveling in many places57.He didn’t get up until the phone rang because he________A.felt very cold outside&&&&&&&&&& B.wanted to have a rest that day C.was going to have a meeting&&&& D.was waiting for the manager’s call58.The taxi went slowly because________A.there was much snow on the roadB.it was very cold that morningC.the driver didn’t know he would fly to New YorkD.the manager told him not to hurry59.The young man became angry because he________.A.wouldn’t be examinedB.had a gun in his baggage C.waited for a long time at the airportD.hated the policemen at the entrance
Schools have banned cupcakes, issued fatness report cards and cleared space in cafeterias for salad bars. Just last month, Michelle Obama’s campaign to end childhood fatness promised to get young people moving more and restore school lunch, and drink makers said they had cut the number of liquid calories shipped to schools by almost 90 percent in the past five years. But new research suggests that interventions(干预) aimed at school-aged children may be, if not too little, too late. More and more evidence points to essential events very early in life — during the child years, babyhood and even before birth, in the womb(胎) — that can set young children on a fatness path that is hard to change by the time they’re in kindergarten. The evidence is not ironclad, but it suggests that prevention efforts should start very early. Among the findings are these: The fat angel-like baby who is growing so nicely may be growing too much for his or her own good, research suggests. Babies whose mothers smoked during pregnancy are at risk of becoming fat, even though the babies are usually small at birth. Babies who sleep less than 12 hours are at increased risk for fatness later. If they don’t sleep enough and also watch two hours or more of TV a day, they are at even greater risk. Some early interventions are already widely practiced. Doctors recommend that overweight women lose weight before pregnancy rather than after, to cut the risk of fatness and diabet breast-feeding is also recommended to lower the obesity risk. Like children and teenagers, babies and toddlers have been getting fatter. One in 10 children under age 2 is overweight. The percentage of children ages 2 to 5 who are fat increased to 12.4 percent in 2006 from 5 percent in 1980. But most prevention programs have avioded intervening at very young ages, partly because the school system offers an efficient way to reach large numbers of children, and partly because the rate of fat teenagers is even higher than that of younger children — 18 percent. Scientists like Dr. Birch worry about what are called epigenetic changes. The genes taken over from mother and father may be turned on and off and the strength of their effects changed by environmental conditions in early development. Many doctors are concerned about women being fat and unhealthy before pregnancy because the womb is the baby’s first environment. Experts say change may require abandoning some treasured cultural attitudes. “The idea that a big baby is a healthy baby, and a crying baby is probably a hungry baby who should be fed, are things we really need to rethink,” Dr. Birch said. 61. What is NOT included in Michelle Obama’s campaign?
A. To restore school lunch. B. To get young people moving more.
C. To issue fatness report cards.
D. To end childhood fatness. 62. Why should fatness prevention efforts start very early?
A. Because children now are growing too much for their own good.
B. Because there is too much liquid calories in drinks for children.
C. Because experiences even when in the womb can affect a child.
D. Because fat children cannot be healthy ones when they grow up.63. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “ironclad” in paragraph three?
A. right&&&&&& B. protective&&&&&&&C. objective&&&&& D. positive 64. Which of the following is NOT right?
A. 18% of the younger children are fatter than fat teenagers.
B. 10 % of the children under age 2 gain too much weight.
C. 12.4% of the children ages 2-5 were overweight in 2006.
D. In 1980, only 5% of the children ages 2-5 were too fat. 65. What does Dr. Birch’s statement mean in the last paragraph?
A. Feeding the baby when it is crying is not right.
B. Fat babies may not be so healthy as people think.
C. Parents should take responsibility for fat babies.
D. Lovely babies shouldn’t be so fat as people think.

我要回帖

更多关于 对手你好阅读短文答案 的文章

随机推荐