she l() a shoeadenka behind

Profile12394
"Gwen Stefani, 37, was spotted out in ..."
9 years ago
"Soft tumbled leather construction for maximum flexibility and fit s..."
9 years ago
Soft tumbled leather construction for maximum flexibility and fit suitable for new born babies. CLOSURE: Wide tongue cover with Velcro closure. SOCKLINER: soft open cell die cut foam contributes to moisture wicking & breathability. DETAILS: Soft full grain leather with a unique camouflage Design -it is made of little lambs...
Add a New SpotA Walk In My Shoes Hassan LaWadrianSOCL111 Essay - 1595 Words
A Walk In My Shoes Hassan...
A Walk In My Shoes Hassan LaWadrianSOCL111
Only available on StudyMode
(1595 words
Download(s)
: April 19, 2015
Please sign up to read full document.
A Walk in my Shoes
The study of a day to day life for a person as myself is quite difficult, observing the patterns and changes that the mind goes through to perform is intriguing. From the start of waking up on a Monday morning for me, was much more different from the start on a Saturday morning. The day of the life starts as follows. The typical Monday starts off very fast paced, the ringing of the alarm has been sets for days ready to pounce off the dresser at 0530, tipping over the clock praying it was a dream. It reality it is not, hop out the bed running to the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and comb my hair back into the worse pony tail imaginable. Then off to slip on this P.T. uniform to not only rush out the door and get to the bridge before it is blocked up by heavy morning traffic for all of those who knows 0615 comes around in the morning when rushing for pt. We all know impression management “people’s efforts to control the impressions that others receive of them” falls heavy when we try to look good for other people so they will not judge in a certain way. Society as we know to be as a group of different individuals combines together to form something more than just one group, or “people who share a culture and a territory” has shared a lot of common ground in the military. We eat, breathe, and sleep the same patterns almost. We walk around knowing what to look for in a person, actually judging them and not even knowing it. Walking up to formation the eyes of everyone around are centered on you thinking heavily, Did I do something wrong this morning? Checking myself over and over again to ensure I have on a belt, my socks are pulled over my ankles, and the most important is my pony tail. It gets me every time.
Shortly after pt. ends rushing back home to change into my uniform, my heart speeds up every second that goes by, it is like I can hear it ticking away. Living 15 minutes or so from base does not seem that far until being pushed for time and looking at the traffic speeds it up. After making it home to change and grab a bite to eat, starting the day really kicks into gear. In psychology terms, taking the roles of others is defines as “putting yourself in someone else’ understanding how someone else feels and thinks, so you anticipate how that person will act” in which in this case I do every morning. Walking up to several people in my company I see their reactions to almost the exact point it will happen. I have the tendency to replace them with me and take on some of the burden. Every day is nothing new, but the commander feels it is necessary to single out a few people to ease his emotions he carry. It is very obvious things are not right at home or work for him so he used his little power to make others feel the same. Push everyone he yells out, to see the reaction of the company, but in a way it is only hardship. The second he calls pushups he point his finger in a single direction with his eyes closed and walks up to the first person his finger touches and says. “I touched you, know you touch two and go to work”, seriously! It is not worth it to me, because he intentionally touches the same person every other day. So as team player “the collaboration of two or more people to manage impressions jointly” I start the train to push so we look like heroes instead of zeroes in the commander’s book. Dealing with his self-inflicted issues brings drama to the unit, and mood swings come flying throughout the entire day.
Many of us, including myself deal with emotional labor at work, which is “the effort that you exert to separate yourself from a situation in order to get your work done”. I am pretty sure everyone in their life time has dealt with something that caused them to separate themselves from a crowd of people or maybe just a handful of people to prove that to themselves they need to be away from all negative vibes around them. I myself prefer to work alone in a quite...
YOU MAY ALSO FIND THESE DOCUMENTS HELPFUL
...Spend a day in my shoes:
Spend a day in my shoes, the daughter of an abusive father.
The night before my first day of high school I lay on my bed watching the clock. With every breath I took, my heart sank deeper. New friends, new teachers and a whole new beginning. Firm footsteps interrupted my train of thought. They carried an unpleasant feeling. Dense, accelerated and
increasingly emphatic, they were approaching my room. My father busted into my room murmuring to himself. He reeked of smoke and alcohol. The odour then dispersed throughout the entire space. I ignored his murmuring and attempted in regaining my thoughts. He asked me where I kept my saved money. I directed him to the draw in which I kept it knowing he would take it and spend it on something completely irrelevant, yet beneficial for himself. He starred at me with wild eyes, disappointment was feeding off him. There was hardly any money there. He started to clench his fists whist his eyebrows narrowed and he breathed heavily. Vulnerable, I pressed softly against the wall to the corner of my bed. His fiery anger increased as he started to shout with rage and his temper strengthened as he continued to shout “worthless girl!”, “selfish girl!”. Tears gathered heavily in my eyes trying to escape but I...
...A walk in my shoes
Due: 6/17/2013
I. Where are you from?
a. City and State
b. Side of town
II. What was my family like?
a. Members in my household
b. What my father was like
c. What my mother was like
III. What things I remember about
my child hood?
a. Father working two jobs
b. Mother working late
c. Private school, playing sports, church
d. Parents always taking us to dances, like quiencinedas, weddings, school dances.
e. Family vacations like camping, amusement parks and trips to the lake.
IV. What are some of my favorite memories?
a. Playing with my cousins at my grandmas house
b. Winning city championship
c. My mom teaching me how to dance.
d. Working on my 1972 VW bug with my dad.
e. Buying my first Harley and riding with my dad.
V. What were you like as a teenager?
a. New school
b. Started working
c. Enjoyed going to clubs and dancing
VI. What jobs have you had in your life?
a. Retail...
...Such themes of women always having a struggle in society as a “minority” have come up in the books Things Fall Apart and Heart of Darkness , this unfortunate theme of women being in need of male protection, underappreciated and a lesser of a man comes up in these novels.
In Heart of Darkness, Marlow chooses not to tell Kurt’s fiancés’ the reality of the world they are in, as not to frighten them, as if they are children that cannot be told the truth. He fears in telling them the truth he
is going to disrupt their bliss and unawareness of the harsh reality. By doing this, he is pulling a mask over their eyes and turning a blind eye to the truth. This theme of keeping these women away from unpleasant things is almost hand in hand with the idea from the poem, The Barred Owl, where a child is told the owl’s cry is “Who cooks for you?” when in reality the prey is eaten raw. In this way of shielding reality from an innocent child, they are being robbed of what they need to know. The truth must be told no matter how harsh as to not sugar-coat what reality is, if these women were on their own they would know how brutal conditions were, and that might help them form and opinion opposing what is happening.
In a common theme, I believe that’s why people, women and children in particular, are not told the truth about brutal situations, so they cannot form a counter opinion and stand out as their own person. I believe this is why the women are so sheltered in this novel, so to not...
...A Walk in Another’s Shoes
Often humans get caught up in how they see things, they think that the way they view the world is the only way. However that’s not the case, not everything is what it seems. In order to succeed in life, it is important to step back and try to understand experiences through the eyes of others. In Harper Lee’s classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird, one of the valuable themes taught is you can’t judge others until you place yourself in
their shoes and look at things from their point of view. As a young girl oblivious to the harsh reality of the world, Scout only sees the events of her childhood through her own point of view. For example, on the first day of school she gets upset with her teacher, Miss Caroline, but later realizes that she shouldn’t have. As she starts to mature and sees that not everything is what it appears to be, she puts herself in Mayella’s shoes at the trial. Finally Scout demonstrates the quality of putting herself in others shoes when she meets her mysterious neighbor Boo Radley for the first time.
After a long wait, Scout’s very first day of school comes, but it isn’t all she hopes it would be. Disappointing events of the day result in some helpful advice. When Scout arrives at school, knowing how to read and write, Miss Caroline Fisher, becomes mad at her. Furthermore, when Miss Caroline attempts to give Walter Cunningham a quarter for lunch, Scout,...
...Running head: LEARNING TO WALK IN THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
Learning to Walk in the Customer’s Shoes
Christina Guzman
Kaplan University
MT203: Human Resources Management
LaDonna Holley, MSA PHR
August 2, 2010
Learning to Walk in the Customer’s Shoes
There’s an old saying in business: “The customer is always right.” Through proper planning, training and evaluation, businesses have the
opportunity to focus their efforts on this concept. Unfortunately, sometimes this focus becomes a bit clouded. In this case, there has to be strategic planning in order to find solutions to the problem and to make sure that customer satisfaction is number one. This case study presents information on a Customer Loyalty Boot Camp Program— the customer relationship developed by the managerial staff of Texas Instruments (TI). The boot camp presented is a series of simulations allowing TI managers to experience what it is like to be a TI customer. Elements which make up the program include: a discussion on how the program operates, and the impact of the combination of simulation and videos of actual dissatisfied customers to TI employees. The following analysis describes: how BTS USA was able to help the high-tech giant, Texas Instruments, regain its fo why training the executives first achi and where to look for information to calculate the program’s ROI....
...of traffic through Amy’s website, I suggest that Amy use more RAM.
Operating System - To run the Windows Server, she needs at least 512MB RAM, with recommended 1GB for Windows Server 2003 and recommended 2GB for Windows Server 2008.
For a Linux based server, 64MB RAM will be enough, or even less depending on a choice of a distro.
Content Message Systems - Usage of Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, and other CMS’s will result in the need for more RAM.
Caching - If a large part of the site is set
to be cached by proxy servers and browsers, that will significantly improve performance and decrease ram usage. Some static content that does not change too often should be always cached. Such as images, css, and js (WebmasterFormat, 2009).
Random Walk Shoes’ web site has 8000 visits in the first month and 184,000 (23 pages * 8000) page views which leads us to suggest that Amy needs at least 2GB RAM.
Disk storage needs at least 800MB (400MB+200MB+200MB).
A good graphic card like Nvidia Geoforce would be suffiient. Dark Souls requires a 2.6 Ghz or better processor speed (Spakles, 2013).
An operating system like Vista or Windows 7 will run slow on that lower processor speed.
We suggest that Amy use a processor speed of at least 3GHz, which will cost between 500-700 dollars.
We took into consideration that Amy has two major choices of operating systems for her online business. The first option is Windows and the other is Linux.
The following...
...HASSAN RAZA____________________
PERSONAL INFORMATION:-
R-25,Pioneer Cottages, Main University Road, Karachi
Mobile No :
Email ID: Hassan.88.
OBJECTIVE:
Intend to work in suitable and well known organization. and taking on challenges, which test my capabilities and
Engineering skills.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:-
December NED University of Engineering and Technology
Civil Engineering
Adamjee Govt. Science College
Higher Secondary Certificate
PUBLIC SCHOOL
Secondary School Certificate
(A-1 Grade)
FINAL YEAR PROJECT:-
Comparative Analysis & Design of Multistory Building Using UBC 97 & IBC 2006.Also Check the Design Results Considering the Effects of Staged Construction.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:-
WARID TELECOM (PVT) LTD (from April 2011 to till date )
Working as a Executive Civil Engineer in INFRASTRUTURE DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT (IDM).
SCOPE OF WORK
Working and Supervision under Warid at Karachi and Hyderabad.
Construction and maintenance of Multi Story Buildings...
...A Walk in My Shoes
Shantrese Molette
PSY 202 Adult Development and Life Assessment
Prof. Linda Beckham
February 27, 2012
I. Where are you from?
a. Maplesville, AL
b. Selma, AL
II. What was your family like?
a. Parents abusive relationship
b. Brother and I
c. Large extended family
III. What are your greatest achievements?
a. Military Service
b. Parenthood
c. Continuing Education
IV. What are your personal, professional, and academic goals?
a. Raise my children to be great productive Christian men in society
b. Give back to my community
c. To become a Child Psychologist
d. To complete my education with a Doctorate degree
Have you ever looked at someone and thought to yourself that it would be nice to live their life? Well I think most of us have, but in reality their life is not what it seems. Just think about all the things you have been through. Do you want someone else to walk in your shoes? Life in my shoes was not, is not, and probable never will be an easy life. My life has taken me through many up and downs. Through those ups and during those downs I have learned so much about myself, others and living life in...
POPULAR ESSAYS
Share this Document
Please enter an email address:
Have a great research document you think will help inspire other StudyMode members?
Share your document
Get full access to more research and tools for only $0.33/day
Upgrade your Membership
More great study tools:扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
l want to buy a pair of shoes.Where is the shoe store
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
一、你要买什么类型的鞋?二、你在什么地方?三、你想买什么牌子的鞋?四、你要买什么价位的鞋?五、你是不是要买特殊尺寸的鞋?六、拟对鞋子的外形有什么要求?七、你对鞋子的科技配置有什么要求?八、你期望的职耐久度是多长时间?九、你对鞋子的历史内涵和意义是否有要求?回答完以上的九个问题,我就可以帮助你了.本人,半专业sneaker(球鞋收藏爱好者)
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 shoe a little monkey 的文章

随机推荐