英语Bill said nothing on youcould stop him____his dream. A.to achieve B.achieve C.from achieving

小题1:C小题2:B小题3:D小题4:A小题5:C试题分析:本文描述我在多年以后又一次遇见了以前在战争期间所遇见的一个人,以及回忆起以前的情景。小题1:C 细节题。根据文章第一段In one of the rooms a patient, an old man, got up from his bed and moved slowly towards me. I could see that he hadn’t long to live, but he came up to me and placed his right foot close to mine on the floor.说明他是用一个种很特别的方式来和我打招呼。故C正确。小题2:B 细节题。根据第三段The scene was an air-raid shelter (防空洞), in which I and about a hundred other people slept every night. Among them were Mrs. West and her son Frank, who lived nearby.说明他们是在战争期间的防空洞里初次见面的,故B正确。小题3:D 细节题。根据文章倒数2,3段West that her house had been all destroyed. That wasn’t quite true, because the West went on living there for quite some time. But they certainly lost nearly everything they owned.和When that kind of thing happened, the rest of us helped the unlucky ones.说明这里的unlicky ones就是指上倒数第3段里提及的那些房子被毁坏的人,故D正确。小题4:A 推理题。根据So before we separated (分别) that morning, I stood beside Frank and measured my right foot against his.和They were about the same size. That night, then, I took a spare pair of shoes to the shelter for Frank说明我和他比较脚的大小,是为了让他穿我的鞋子,故A正确。小题5:C 推理题。根据文章倒数第四段最后2行Mrs. West, then about 75, was a strong, able woman, as she had to be of course, because Frank depended on her completely. He needed all the attention of a baby.说明她的儿子需要她像孩子一样地对待,而她年龄如此之大还能够照顾他,说明她是一个很有能力的人。故C正确。点评:本文考查细节题为主,细节题可以在文章中直接找到与答案有关的信息?或是其变体。搜查信息在阅读中非常重要它包括理解作者在叙述某事时使用的具体事实、数据、图表等细节信息。在一篇短文里大部分篇幅都属于这类围绕主体展开的细节。做这类题一般采用寻读法?即先读题,然后带着问题快速阅读短文,找出与问题有关的词语或句子,再对相关部分进行分析对比,找出答案。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
完型填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。One Monday morning, the class were excited about the rumor(流言)that the science room was on fire over the weekend.Mr. Johnson, my fifth grade teacher &36 &it and explained that science class would be cancelled &37 &the fire. He also &38 &us not to go near the room because it could be dangerous.During the morning break, Kim and I &39 &to check out the damage.A first hand observation would make us heroes at lunch.We safely &40 &the science room.We stood on tiptoes(脚尖)looking hard through the door window, trying to see what was like inside &41&&suddenly a firm hold on our shoulders stopped us. "Where do you belong? Certainly not here!"I turned around to find a teacher staring &42 &at us, shouting.In those frozen seconds millions of &43 &flashed through my mind.My father would kill me for disobeying teachers.Worse than that, my mother might be so mad that she might not &44 &him.My heart &45&&even lower when I thought of how angry Mr. Johnson would be.Soon the teacher led Kim and me back to the classroom, leaving us &46 &before Mr. Johnson.But to our &47 &, there was no yelling and no anger from Mr. Johnson. 48 &, he bent slowly to look me in the eye.I was met with a look of &49 &rather than anger.He spoke softly and carefully as he explained why he was &50 &in my decision to go where I might have got &51 .As I looked into the eyes of the man who could send me to unimagined &52 &at home, tears welled up in my eyes.The thought of disappointing Mr. Johnson &53 &me while I felt a gentle touch of Mr. Johnson's hand on my shoulder.I glanced up and he smiled.My &54 &for Mr. Johnson grew greatly the moment I discovered that he still liked me even after I'd disappointed him.I could see that he cared more about my &55 &than the fact that I'd broken a rule.It was the first time I felt the power of forgiveness.小题1:A.confirmedB.believedC.heardD.studied小题2:A.in spite ofB.due toC.in terms ofD.other than小题3:A.remindedB.informedC.warnedD.convinced小题4:A.pretendedB.askedC.promisedD.decided小题5:A.enteredB.foundC.examinedD.reached小题6:A.asB.whileC.whenD.since小题7:A.curiouslyB.patientlyC.silentlyD.angrily小题8:A.thoughtsB.excusesC.wordsD.feelings小题9:A.helpB.stopC.hateD.seize小题10:A.flewB.beatC.sankD.moved小题11:A.whistlingB.chattingC.whisperingD.shaking小题12:A.delightB.surpriseC.regretD.sorrow小题13:A.HoweverB.ThereforeC.InsteadD.Otherwise小题14:A.concernB.guiltC.comfortD.complaint小题15:A.frightenedB.puzzledC.disappointedD.discouraged小题16:A.burntB.hurtC.lostD.blamed小题17:A.consequencesB.destructionsC.influencesD.surroundings小题18:A.shockedB. confusedC.boredD.shamed小题19:A.careB.hopeC.loveD.desire小题20:A.behaviorB.freedomC.dignityD.safety
完形填空My husband Jack hated Christmas. He didn’t hate the true meaning of ___16___, but the commercial aspects of it. Knowing he felt this ______17___, I decided one year to___18___the usual shirts, sweaters, ties and so on. I reached for something _____19__just for Jack. The idea came in an unusual way.   Our son Kevin, who was 12 that year, was______20______at the junior level at the school he attended and shortly before Christmas, there was a non-league match____21_____a team sponsored by a church.   These youngsters from the church, dressed in shoes so_______22_____that shoestrings seemed to be the only thing holding them together,____23______our son’s team were in their beautiful new wrestling shoes.   As the match began, I was_____24_____to see that the other team was wrestling without a helmet designed to____25_____a wrestler’s head. They clearly could not_____26_____ them. Well, our son’s team ended up defeating them and took every weight class. But as the other team ______27_____up from the mat, they walked around with a sense of pride that couldn’t admit______28______.   Jack, seated beside me, shook his head_____29_____, “I wish just one of them could have won,” he said. “They have a lot of potential, but______30_____like this could take the heart right out of them.” Jack loved_____31_____and he knew them, having coached little league football, baseball. That’s when the ____32______for his present came. That afternoon, I went to a local sporting goods store and _____33______some wrestling helmets and shoes and sent them to the church.   On Christmas Eve, I placed the envelope on the tree, the note inside telling Jack what I had done and that this was his_______34_____from me. His smile was the_______35______ thing about Christmas that year.小题1:A.the giftB.an envelopeC.the wrestlingD.Christmas小题2:A.wayB.joyC.musicD.fear小题3:A.buyB.wearC.avoidD.give小题4:A.beautifulB.expensiveC.newD.special小题5:A.wrestlingB.weightliftingC.shootingD.boxing小题6:A.atB.againstC.forD.on小题7:A.bigB.smallC.wornD.cheap小题8:A.becauseB.ifC.whileD.so小题9:A.frightenedB.disappointedC.pleasedD.surprised小题10:A.coverB.surroundC.hideD.protect小题11:A.carryB.affordC.designD.expect小题12:A.dressedB.gotC.turnedD.cheered小题13:A.defeatB.evidenceC.chargeD.mistake小题14:A.gentlyB.sadlyC.nervouslyD.gladly小题15:A.runningB.winningC.losingD.shaking小题16:A.workmatesB.parentsC.friendsD.kids小题17:A.invitationB.careC.ideaD.money小题18:A.returnB.soldC.boughtD.left小题19:A.giftB.warningC.praiseD.love小题20:A.brightestB.funniestC.ugliestD.darkest
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)A little boy invited his mother to attend his school’s first&teacher-parent meeting. To the little boy’s &1& ,she said she would go. This& 2& be the first time that his classmates and teacher &3 & his mother and he felt&4& of her appearance. Although she was a beautiful woman, there was a severe scar(疤痕)that&5& nearly the entire right side of her face. The boy never wanted to& 6& why or how she got the scar. At the meeting, the people were&7& by the kindness and natural beauty of his mother& 8&&the car, but the little boy was still embarrassed(尴尬)and& 9&&himself from everyone. He did, however, get within&10& of a conversation between his mother and his teacher. The teacher asked&11&&,“How did you get the scar on your face?” The mother replied,“ &12 & my son was a baby, he was in a room that caught fire. Everyone was& 13 & afraid to go in because the fire was&14 &,so I went in. As I was running toward his bed, I saw a long piece of wood coming down and I placed myself over him trying to protect him. I was knocked& 15&&&but fortunately, a fireman came in and saved both of us.” She&&16 &&the burned side of her face. “This scar will be &17 &,but to this day, I have never& 18& what I did.”At this point, the little boy came out running toward his mother with tears in his eyes. He held her in his arms and felt a great&19& of the sacrifice(牺牲)that his mother had made for him. He held her hand& 20& for the rest of the day.小题1:A.enjoymentB.disappointmentC.surpriseD.excitement小题2:A.wouldB.couldC.shouldD.must小题3:A.noticedB.greetedC.acceptedD.met小题4:A.sickB.ashamedC.afraidD.tired小题5:A.includedB.passedC.coveredD.shaded小题6:A.talk aboutB.think aboutC.care aboutD.hear about小题7:A.impressedB.surprisedC.excitedD.comforted小题8:A.in sight ofB.by means ofC.by way ofD.in spite of小题9:A.hidB.protectedC.separatedD.escaped小题10:A.understandingB.remindingC.hearingD.learning小题11:A.carefullyB.seriouslyC.nervouslyD.anxiously小题12:A.AsB.WhenC.SinceD.While小题13:A.soB.muchC.quiteD.too小题14:A.out of controlB.under controlC.in controlD.over control小题15:A.helplessB.hopelessC.senselessD.useless小题16:A.pointedB.showedC.wipedD.touched小题17:A.uglyB.lastingC.seriousD.frightening小题18:A.forgotB.recognizedC.consideredD.regretted小题19:A.honorB.senseC.happinessD.pride小题20:A.quietlyB.slightlyC.tightlyD.suddenly
题型:阅读理解
阅读下面短文,根据短文内容按照每题的具体要求回答问题。(答案写在答题卡上相应番号后的横线上) Born in 1949, Diana Nyad took an early interest in swimming as a sport and was a Florida State High School swimming champion. Like many young athletes, she had Olympic dreams, but a serious illness kept her from competing in the Games. The disappointment didn’t stop her from going forward. Instead, she became interested in marathon swimming. A brilliant athlete, she was well-conditioned for spending long periods of time in the water. As a long-distance swimmer, she would compete against herself and the obstacles presented by distance, danger, cold, and exhaustion.For ten years Nyad devoted herself to becoming one of the world’s best long-distance swimmers. In 1970, she swam a ten-mile marathon in Lake Ontario, setting the women’s record for the course. In 1972 she set another record by swimming 102.5 miles from an island in the Bahamas to the coast of Florida. Then she broke a third record when swimming around Manhattan Island in 1975.Nyad attempted to swim the distance between Florida and Cuba in 1978. Though the span of water is less than 100 miles wide, it is rough and dangerous. After battling the water for two days, she had to give up for the sake of her own health and safety. Even so, she impressed the world with her courage and strong desire to succeed. For Nyad her strength of purpose was just as important as reaching Cuba. That is how she defined success. It did not matter that he she believed she had touched the other shore.When Nyad ended her career as a swimmer, she continued to try new things---travelling the world as a reporter, writing books and giving public speeches about her life. Diana Nyad works to inspire others, just as she did when she swam the waters of the world.小题1:What prevented Nyad from taking part in the Olympic Games? (Not more than 5 words) _______________________________________________________________________小题2:What does the underlined word “obstacles” mean? (1 word) _______________________________________________________________________小题3:What achievement did Nyad make in 1970? (Not more than 10 words.) _______________________________________________________________________小题4:Why did Nyad believe that she had touched the other shore? (Not more than 10 words) _______________________________________________________________________小题5:Please explain how you are inspired by Nyad. (Not more than 20 words) _____________________________________________________________________
Years ago a farmer owned land along the Atlantic. He constantly advertised for hired hands. Most people were not willing to work on farms along the Atlantic because they worried about the terrible storms that destroy buildings and crops. The farmer received a steady stream of refusals at the interview for a farmhandFinally, a short, thin man approached the farmer. “Are you a good farmhand?” the farmer asked him.“Well, I can sleep when the wind blows. ” answered the little man.Although puzzled by this answer ,the farmer, desperate for help, hired him. The little man worked well around the farm ,busy from dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.Then one night the wind howled loudly from offshore. Jumping out of bed,the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door to the hired hand’s sleeping quarters. He shook the little man and yelled, “ Get up! A storm is coming! Tie things down before they are blown away! ”The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, “No sir. I told you, I can sleep when the wind blows. ”Enraged (激怒)by the response, the farmer was tempted to fire& him on the spot ,Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm. To his amazement,he discovered that all of the hay had been covered. The cows were in the bam,the chickens were in the coops,and the doors were barred The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down, Nothing could be blown away.The farmer then understood what his hired hand meant, so he also returned to his bed to sleep while the wind was still blowing.小题1:Why did the farmer constantly advertise for hired hands?A.Because he needed hired hands all. the year round.B.Because there was too much work to do on the farm.C.Because he could hardly hire a farmhand.D.Because he offered poor conditions for the hired hands.小题2:The farmer felt amazed because _______A.the Little man was sleepingB.everything was in safetyC.the wind was too strongD.he could not open the doors小题3:What did the man mean by saying “I can sleep when the wind blows. ” ?A.He needed much sleep after working hard on the farm.B.He was very brave and not afraid of windC.He enjoyed sleeping when the wind blew.D.He would get everything done before the wind blew.小题4:Which of the following& statements about the Little man is TRUE?A.He was not afraid of storms.B.He was a heavy sleeper under any conditionC.He was hard-working and devoted to his work.D.He was fired shortly after he tied everything down.
Soon it would be the holidays, but before that, there were year exams. All the 36 had been working hard for some time, reviewing their lessons for the exams. If they didn’t &37 , they would have to retake them in September. There were usually a few who &38 , but Jane didn’t want to be one of them. She had worked hard all year, &39 &just before the exams she was working so hard that her sister Barbara was &40 &about her. She went to bed too &41 . The night before the first exam, Barbara &42 &that she have an early night and take a &43 pill. She promised to wake &44 &up in the morning.As she was falling asleep, Jane was afraid that she might oversleep. Her &45 &kept jumping from subject to subject. At last, with the help of&&46 , she went to sleep. In no time at all, she was sitting in the examination hall, looking at the examination &47 , but she couldn’t answer any of the questions. &48 around her was writing pages and gages. &49 she thought hard, she couldn’t find anything to write &50 . She kept looking at her &51 . Time was running out. There was only an hour to go. She started one question, wrote two sentences, &52 &and tried another one. With only half an hour left she wrote another two sentences. By this time she was so worried that she started &53 . Her whole body shook. It shook so much that she &54 &up. She was still in bed and it had all been a &55 &dream. A minute later, Barbara called her name.小题1:A.teachersB.studentsC.classmatesD.schools小题2:A.prepareB.missC.joinD.pass小题3:A.succeededB.failedC.endedD.called小题4:A.butB.soC.andD.because小题5:A.excitedB.frightenedC.worriedD.pleased小题6:A.earlyB.lateC.heavilyD.eagerly小题7:A.insistedB.hopedC.orderedD.wished小题8:A.sleepingB.restingC.excitingD.breathing小题9:A.himB.herC.themD.herself小题10:A.handB.eyeC.mindD.body小题11:A.her sisterB.her parentsC.the lessonsD.the medicine小题12:A.resultB.marksC.deskD.paper小题13:A.The teacherB.The studentsC.No oneD.Everyone小题14:A.IfB.ThoughC.SoD.How小题15:A.withB.aboutC.onD.to小题16:A.watchB.textbookC.sisterD.subject小题17:A.gave upB.put offC.looked aroundD.thought over小题18:A.examiningB.leavingC.copyingD.crying小题19:A.raisedB.wokeC.stoodD.cheered小题20:A.niceB.wonderfulC.terribleD.special
Sometimes, people are required to fill in personal information when they register online, which may lead to some unexpected trouble. Recently, the BBC is reporting that a 17-year-old girl in Australia posted a(n)& 36&&of her grandmother at home counting a large sum of cash that she&& 37 &&hidden in the house. Just eight hours later, two armed men&& 38&&the girl’s house. They demanded to speak to her to find out where the grandmother’s house was, &&39&&they could get the money they had seen. &&&40&&, the girl was not home at the time, so the robbers&& 41&&a small amount of cash from the mother and left.Because the&& 42&&is still under investigation, local police aren’t saying&& 43&&else about it. It’s not known yet whether the girl had used privacy setting on the Facebook profile page, and even whether the robbers&& 44&&the girl in the past.Two other&& 45&&were at home then, a 58-year-old man and a 14-year-old boy, the girl’s father and brother. Luckily, no one was&& 46&&. The robbers left peacefully after&& 47&&that the girl was not home and that no one else there knew anything about the&& 48&&that had appeared in the photo.Police in both Britain and Australia are using the case to& 49&&citizens of the dangers of posting personal information on social networks and to suggest users of websites&& 50&&&doing so. The police say it is&& 51&&&that the girl posted a comment in the past that gave clues to the address, &&&52&&that the robbers knew the girl in another way. &&&53&&, they suggest, a posting by a friend on their site could have &&&54&&such information. To find it, the robbers would only have had to search for those posting on other pages that&& 55&&the girl’s name.小题1:A.pictureB.storyC.blogD.video小题2:A.keptB.madeC.letD.got小题3:A.knocked atB.looked atC.broke intoD.ran into小题4:A.even ifB.so thatC.as soon asD.in case小题5:A.UsuallyB.SuddenlyC.FortunatelyD.Finally小题6:A.spentB.leftC.askedD.took小题7:A.robberB.familyC.caseD.girl小题8:A.fewB.manyC.littleD.much小题9:A.ignoredB.knewC.rememberedD.followed小题10:A.membersB.adultsC.charactersD.neighbors小题11:A.escapedB.harmedC.killedD.buried小题12:A.showingB.realizingC.discoveringD.recognizing小题13:A.cashB.grandmotherC.houseD.website小题14:A.informB.accuseC.robD.warn小题15:A.enjoyB.stopC.keepD.consider小题16:A.possibleB.importantC.necessaryD.strange小题17:A.soB.orC.andD.but小题18:A.BesidesB.HoweverC.ThereforeD.Instead小题19:A.taken upB.set upC.put awayD.given away小题20:A.includedB.drewC.containedD.attracted
As a teenager in 1972, Bill Gates boasted that he would be a millionaire by the time he was 20. While he did not quite achieve that goal, only 15 years later, he was a millionaire. And by 1992, as head of the Microsoft company, he became the richest man in America with assets(资产)of nearly US $ 6.3 billion.Born in Seattle, Washington on 28, October, 1956, Gates was named William Henry after his father and grandfather. From the beginning, he was an extremely energetic and intelligent child. He had read the entire world book encyclopedia(百科全书)by the age of nine. His favorite subjects at school were science and math and his favorite pastime was "thinking".Gates first started to play with computers at the age of 13. Before long he became an expert at working the school's computer. After his graduation from secondary school, Gates was accepted by the three top universities in the USA-Princeton, Harvard and Yale. He chose Harvard and began classes there the next autunm, majoring maths. But he was still obsessed(占据心里)with computers and spent as much time in the computer laboratories as he did in the lecture halls.By 1975, Gates and a partner, Paul Allen, had developed a software program called BASIC. This was not the first program ever created, but its inventors were the first to decide that people who wanted to use it should pay for it.BASIC was a success because until it came along, there had been no efficient way of getting computers to carry out instructions. Although he had not completed his degree, Gates left university and went to work full time for the new company he had formed called Microsoft.His next project was the software program that made him famous and very rich. It was called DOS, short for Disk Operating System, and it was purchased by IBM in 1980. Today it is the operating system used in more than 14 million personal computers around the world.As chief executive officer(首席行政长官)of Microsoft, Gates is known as a bright man, but one who is not easily satisfied. He is quick to criticize his staff and hates to be questioned about decisions he has made. He was regarded as a loner and unfashionable boring computer nut until his marriage to Microsoft manager Melinda French on New Year's Day 1994. Yet to many people now, Gates, is a person who is, in spite of his great wealth, humble(谦恭)and ordinary. He spends his money carefully. He eats in fast food restaurants and flies economy class. And when praised for Microsoft's great success, he has been heard to say, "All we do is put software in a box and if people see it in the stores and like it, they buy it."小题1:When he was a teenager, Bill Gates wanted to be a ______.A.teacherB.doctorC.businessmanD.professor小题2:When Gates went to Harvard, he ______.A.was only interested in mathsB.spent most of his time in computer laboratoriesC.developed the first computer software programD.divided his time between his maths studies and the computer laboratories小题3:Before the development of BASIC, ______.A.no one was interested in computer softwareB.software programs were not considered commercial projectsC.software programs were very expensiveD.no one wanted to pay for computer software小题4:When the writer says "He was regarded as a loner and unfashionable boring computer nut", he means ______.A.Bill was so strong-minded that no one could change his mindB.The only thing that could interest Bill in his life was computerC.Bill was such a boring young man that nobody would like to talk to himD.Bill couldn't work out the boring computer programs小题5:Most people think that Bill Gates is ______.A.a crazy personB.a person obsessed with making moneyC.someone who spends money freelyD.a quite common, normal person

我要回帖

随机推荐