完形填空have you ever heard of navigationrolling stoness

完形填空have you ever heard of navigation stones_作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
完形填空have you ever heard of navigation stones
完形填空have you ever heard of navigation stones
你听说过导航的石头吗?该材料为九年级上学期英语完形填空英语试题,作为课本同步练习题可以很好的巩固书..
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
九年级上学期英语完形填空试题
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口求完形填空have you ever heard of culture shouk_百度知道
求完形填空have you ever heard of culture shouk
不会的话问老师问同学问百度?你应该自己认真做啊,为什么没时间自己做呢问这种问题一般都是不会得到答案的…有时间等答案
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
完形填空的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁当前位置:
& 2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2 & 2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2
2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2最新范文
········
2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2排行榜
2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2推荐范文
········
2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2相关范文
········
2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2
2011年高考英语完形填空复习题及答案2
查阅次数:404次
发布人:admin
(07•浙江)The books in David’s schoolbag felt like bricks as he ran down the street. What he wanted to do was to play basketball with Eric, 21 his mother told him he would have to return his sister’s books to the library first.He had 22 set foot in a library and he wasn’t about to do so today. He would just 23 the books in the outside return box. But there was a 24 ; it was locked.He went into the building, only a few minutes 25 closing time. He put the books into the return box. And after a brief 26 in the toliet, he would be on his way to the playground to 27 Eric.David stepped out of the toliet and stopped in 28 — the library lights were off. The place was 29 . The doors had been shut. They 30 be opened from the inside, he was trapped(被困) — in a library!He tried to 31 a telephone call, but was unable to 32 . What’s more, the pay phones were on the outside of the building. 33 the sun began to set, he searched for a light and found it.34 he could see. David wrote on a piece of paper: “ 35 ! I’m TRAPPED inside!” and stuck it to the glass door. 36 , someone passing by would see it.He was surprised to discover that this place was not so unpleasant, 37 . Rows and rows of shelves held books, videos and music. He saw a book about Michael Jordan and took it off the shelf. He settled into a chair and started to 38 .He knew he had to 39 , but now, that didn’t seem to be such a 40 thing.21. A. butB. becauseC. orD. since 22. A. everB. nearlyC. neverD. often23. A. passB. dropC. carryD. take 24. A. problemB. mistakeC. caseD. question 25. A. duringB. afterC. overD. before 26. A. restB. breakC. walkD. stop27. A. visit B. meetC. catchD. greet28. A.delightB.angerC.surpriseD. eagerness29. A. lonelyB. emptyC. noisyD. crowded 30. A. wouldn’tB. shouldn’t C. couldn’tD. needn’t 31. A. makeB. fixC. useD. pick 32. A. get onB. get upC. get throughD. get in 33. A. IfB. AsC. ThoughD. Until34. A. On timeB. Now and thenC. By the wayD. At last 35. A. Come B. HelpC. HelloD. Sorry36. A. SurelyB. ThankfullyC.TrulyD. Gradually37. A. at mostB.after allC.in shortD. as usual38. A. watchB. palyC. readD. write39. A. wait B. standC. sleepD. work40. A. badB. coolC. strangeD. nice答案 21.A 22.C 23.B 24.A 25.D 26.D 27.B 28.C 29.B 30.C 31.A 32.C 33.B 34.D 35.B 36.A 37.B 38.C 39.A 40.A Passage 28(07•湖北)Many years ago,I owned a service station and roadhouse on the main road between Melbourne and Adelaide.One very cold,wet night at about 3:30 a.m.,there was a 41 on the front door of our house.A young man,wet from 42 to toe,explained that he had 43 out of petrol about 30 km up the road.He had left his pregnant(怀孕的) wife and his two children 44 at the car and siad that he would hitchhike(搭便车) back.Once I had 45 a can with petrol,I took him back to his car where his two-year-old and four-year-old children were both 46 ,saying that they were cold.Once the car had started,I suggested that he 47 me back.Before leaving,I had turned the heater 48 in the roadhouse,so that when we went in,it was nice and 49 .While the little ones played and ran 50 ,I prepared bread and butter for the children,and hot chocolate for the 51 .It was about 5 a.m. before they 52 .The young fellow asked me how much he 53 me and I told him that the petrol pump(加油泵) had 54 $15.He offered to pay “call-out fee”,but I wouldn’t accept it.About a month later,I received a 55 from Interstate,a large bus company that we had been trying to 56 to stop off at our roadhouse for a long time.It 57 out that the young fellow I had helped was its general manager,the most 58 person in the company.In his letter,he thanked me again and 59 me that,from then on,all their buses would stop at my service station.In this 60 ,a little bit of kindness was rewarded with a huge amount of benefits.41.A.kickB.hitC.beatD.knock42.A.fingerB.shoulderC.headD.hand43.A.eD.run44.A.awayB.behindC.overD.out45.A.suppliedB.pouredC.equippedD.filled46.A.sleepingB.cryingC.quarrellingD.fighting47.A.allowB.ringC.leadD.follow48.A.onB.offC.inD.over49.A.neatB.hotC.warmD.attractive50.A.aroundB.insideC.nearbyD.along51.A.driversB.guestsC.customersD.adults52.A.leftB.arrivedC.ateD.disappeared53.A.gaveB.paidC.owedD.offered54.A.appearedB.exhibitedC.calculatedD.shown55.A.callB.letterC.checkD.notice56.A.getB.forceC.requiteD.hope57.A.pointedB.turnedC.workedD.found58.A.generousB.successfulC.seriousD.powerful59.A.rmedD.convinced60.A.lessonB.businessC.aspectD.case答案 41.D 42.C 43.D 44.B 45.D 46.B 47.D 48.A 49.C 50.A 51.D 52.A 53.C 54.D 55.B 56.A 57.B 58.D 59.C 60.D Passage 29(07•湖南)When I was young, my parents ran a snack bar in our small town. One evening in early April, my mother told me to fill in at the snack bar 36 a worker who had the flu. I told her I would mess it up, 37 I had never worked at the bar before. I 38 that instead of making money, I would end up owing it.
“You can do it,” said my mother, “ 39 , you won’t get much business until lunch.” “But I’ll never remember the orders, and I’m no good 40 money. Please, Mom, don’t 41 me. “Then I’ll help you,” she said.
I shrugged my shoulders. I thought my mother’s 42 was a bad one, but I 43 .
When I got to the bar the next day, I found my mother was 44 . Because the weather that day was rainy and cold, people wanted hot snacks and drinks. 45 , I was really slow at taking the orders and making change. The line of people grew, and everybody seemed 46 , I was so nervous that my hands shook, and I 47 a cup into pieces. What a mess! Then my mother came to 48 me, and she also showed me how to make 49 . If someone gave me $ 5 for something that cost $ 3.25, I handed over
50 quarters and a dollar and said, “75 cents makes four dollars, plus one dollar makes five.” Things went more 51 after that.
By the end of the day, I could remember orders, 52 the bill, and make change quickly with a smile. I was even a little 53 when the sun came out and dried up business. My mother said she was proud of me, and when she 54 that I work at the snack bar again next year, I did not even shrug. I was too busy
55 the restaurant I would open one day. 36.A. to B. for C. afterD. over37.A. because B. thoughC. until D. while40.A. ofB. onC. aboutD. with41.A. blameB. foolC. frightenD. make42.A. ideaB. barC. dayD. answer43.A. guessed B. obeyed C. beggedD. admitted44.A. angryB. sad C. worryD. ashamed45.A. At leastB. At lastC. At most D. At first 46.A. surprised B. impoliteC. pleased D. impatient47.A. damaged B. destroyed C. brokeD. ruined 48.A. scoldB. helpC. beatD. save49.A. moneyB. lunchC. coffeeD. change50.A. twoB. threeC. fourD. five51.A. smoothlyB. fairlyC. simplyD. conveniently 52.A. turn in B. count out C. take over D. add up 53.A. discouragedB. disturbed C. disappointed D. distrusted 54.A. thoughtB. stated C. announced D. suggested 55.A. imagining B. preparingC. examining D. describing 答案 36.A 37.B 38.C 39.C 40.D 41.D 42.A 43.B 44.C 45.D 46.D 47.C 48.B 49.D 50.B 51.A 52.D 53C 54.D 55.APassage 30(07&#8226;江西)Until 1954 it was thought that no man could run one mile in less than four minutes. As years36 ,the record came closer and closer to four minutes and Roger Bannister, a young English 37 ,began to believe be might 38 this almost magic barrier.It was a cold afternoon on May 6th,1954,when Bannister knew be had a 39 chance. Bannister had been 40 hard and was very fit, but the weather conditions were a real 41 to him. Describring the 42 later,Bannister said,“On the way to the track the wind blew strongly. As I 43 for the start I glanced at the flag. It moved 44 now. This was the moment when I made my decision.”“The gun fired. My legs 45 to meet no resistance, as if I was 46 forward by some unknown force. The noise from the faithful 47 gave me greater strength. I felt the 48 of a lifetimes had come.”“I was driven on by a 49 of fear and pride. My body had long since used up all its energy 50 it went on running just the same. This was the critical moment when my legs were strong enough to carry me over the last few yards as they 51 could have done in previous years. When I leapt at(冲向)the 52 tape, I fell, almost 53 .“I knew I had done it, even before I 54 the time. The announcement came. ‘Result of the one mile…Time, three minutes…’the test was 55 in the noise of excitement.”36.A.passed along B.passed down C.went by D.went ove37.A.coach B.athlete C.captain D.judge38.A.defeat B.move C.beat D.break39.A.real B.lucky C.serious D.falsepeting B.training C.figthting D.attending41.A.eagerness B.pleasure C.relief D.worry42.A.accident B.event C.issue D.topie43.A.did up B.made up C.put up D.lined up44.A.safely B.heavily C.thinly D.gently45.A.seemed B.used C.happened D.had46.A.dragged B.drawn C.pulled D.pushed47.A.mass B.residents C.crowd D.team48.A.moment B.period C.while D.date49.A.concentration B.collection <bination D.cleassification50.A.so B.but C.or D.as51.A.never B.ever C.even D.still52.A.starting B.lasting C.finishing D.running53.A.unconcerned B.unconscious C.unkinown D.unnoticed54.A.offered B.told C.announced D.beard55.A.stuck B.involved C.lost D.spread答案 36.C 37.B 38.D 39.A 40.B 41.D 42.B   43.D  44.D  45.A 46.D  47.C  48.A  49.C  50.B  51.A  52.C 53.B 54.D 55.CPassage 31(07&#8226;陕西)I was having my dioner at McDonald’s one evening when so old couple siowly walked in. They 21 their meal. Took a table near the window and started 22 food out of the plate. There was one hamburger, one order of French fries(炸薯条) and one drink. The man 23 the food into two halves and carefully placed 24 before his wife.He took a sip(一小口)of the drink. His wife also took one and then 25 the cup down between them. “That 26 old couplel All they can 27 is one meal ofr the two of them,”thought L 28 the man began to eat his French fries. I 29 to my feet, went over and said that I was 30 to buy another meal for them. Bet he 31 refused me and said that they made it a 32 to share everything. 33 ,the lady didn’t take a bite, She sat there 34 her husband eat, and taking turns (轮流) sipping the drink, Again I 35 to buy them something but was refused,When the man finished eating and was 36 his face with a napkin (纸巾).I 37 no longer stand it. I made an offer to them a third time. 38 being politely refused, I asked the lady 39 ,“Madam, why aren’t you eating? You said that you share everthing, 40 is it that you are waiting for?”“The teeth,”she auswercd.21.A.servedB.requestedC.collectedD.ordered22.A.carrying B.raking C.fetchingD.bringing23.A.divided B.cutC.changedD.formed24.A.itB.thisC.thatD.one25.A.got B.settled C.setD.torned 26.A.funnyB.crazyC.strange D.poor27.A.affordB.payC.demandD.choose28.A.WhileB.SinceC.AsD.Until29.A.cameB.struggledC.rushed D.rose30.A.anxious B.willing C.satisfiedD.quick31.A.warmlyB.proudlyC.kindly D.seriously32.A.way B.habitC.caseD.model33.A.Surprisingly B.SadlyC.Shockingly D.Bitterly34.A.seeingB.noticingC.watchingD.finding35.A.wantedB.askedC.plannedD.attempted36.A.wipingB.touchingC.bathing D.washing37.A.shouldB.couldC.mightD.would38.A.InB.UponC.AfterD.With39.A.curiously B.carefullyC.naturallyD.plainly40.A.HowB.WhoC.WhyD.What答案 21D 22.B 23.A 24.D 25.C 26.D 27.A 28.C 29.D 30.B 31.C 32.B 33.A 34.C 35.B 36.A 37.B 38.C 39.A 40.DPassage 32(06&#8226;全国Ⅰ)On a hot summer day in late August, I sought shade and a cool drink at a waterfront café on a Greek island. Over a hundred degrees in 36 air. Crowded. Tempers(脾气)of both the tourists and waiters had 37 to meet the situation, making it a rather quarrelsome environment(环境)At the table next to mine sat an attractive, 38 couple, waiting for 39 . They held hands, whispered, kissed, and laughed. Suddenly they stood, picked up their 40 and stepped together 41 the edge of where they were sitting to place the table in the sea water. The man stepped 42 for the two chairs. He politely 43 his lady in the knee-deep water and then sat down himself. All people around laughed and cheered. 44 appeared. He paused for just a second, walked into the water to 45 the table and take their 46 , and then walked back to the 47 cheers of the rest of his 48 . Minutes later he returned carrying a bottle of wine and two glasses. Without pausing, he went 49 into the water to 50 the wine. The couple toasted(祝酒)each other, the waiter and the crowd. And the crowd 51 by cheering and throwing flowers to them. Three other tables 52 to have lunch in the water. The place was now filled with laughter.One doesn’t step into water in one’s best summer clothes. Why not?Customers are not served 53 . Why not?Sometimes one should consider 54 the line of convention(常规)and enjoy 55 to the fullest.36.A.freshB.coolC.stillD.thin37.A.managedB.expectedC.attemptedD.risen38.A.lonelyB.curiousC.well-dressedD.bad-tempered39.A.cheersB.serviceC.attentionD.flowers40.A.metal tableB.empty bottleC.chairsD.bags41.A.onB.offC.aroundD.along42.A.outsideB.forwardC.downD.back43.A.ledB.seatedC.watchedD.received44.A.The managerB.A friendC.A waiterD.The servant45.A.setB.washC.removeD.check46.A.menuB.billC.foodD.order47.A.loudB.anxiousC.familiarD.final48.A.touristsB.customersC.fellowsD.assistants49.A.at lastB.in timeC.once moreD.as well50.A.changeB.drinkC.sellD.serve51.A.repliedB.insistedC.agreedD.understood52.A.preparedB.joined inC.settled upD.continued53.A.with pleasureB.in the caféC.in the seaD.with wine54.A.followingB.keepingC.limitingD.crossing55.A.lifeB.wineC.lunchD.time答案 36.C 37.D 38.C 39.B 40.A 41.B 42.D 43.B 44.C 45.A 46.D 47.A 48.B 49.C 50.D 51.A 52.B 53.C 54.D 55.A Passage 33(06&#8226;全国Ⅱ)The year I went away to college was a very difficult transition(过渡期)for me. 21 is probably true with many people. I got quite homesick and 22 thought about going home.Although the 23 time for many students is getting 24 from home, my mailbox was frequently 25 . One day when I went to the mailbox, there was a postcard 26 out at me. I sat down to read it, 27 a note from someone back home. 28 I became increasingly puzzled (困惑)as 29 post It was a full news report about a woman named Mabel and her newborn baby. I took the card back to my room and 30 about it. Several days later I 31 another postcard, this one 32 news about Maybelline, Mabel’scousin. Soon after, another card arrived and then another, 33 full of news of different people. I began to 34 look forward to the next one, 35 to see what this author would come up with 36 . I was never 37 . Finally, the cards 38 coming, right about the time I had begun to feel 39 about college life. They had been such a happy distraction(调剂)that I have 40 all the postcards and still bring them out to read whenever I need a lift. 21.A.IfB.SoC.AsD.What22.A.oftenB.carefully C.seldomD.merely23.A.hardB.lastC.busiestD.happiest24.A.visitorsB.lettersC.callsD.directions25.A.emptyB.fullC.closedD.open26.A.pouringB.reachingC.staringD.rolling27.A.describingB.consideringC.enjoyingD.expecting28.A.ButB.ThusC.AlsoD.Even29.A.anyB.noC.someD.such30.A.jokedB.talkedC.forgotD.cared31.A.mailedB.acceptedC.wroteD.received32.A.deliveringB.demandingC.discoveringD.developing33.A.oneB.eachC.eitherD.both34.A.nearlyB.possiblyC.usuallyD.really35.A.promisingB.surprisedC.interestedD.pretending36.A.belowB.latelyC.nextD.behind37.A.frightenedB.disappointedC.excitedD.pleased38.A.continuedB.stoppedC.startedD.avoided39.A.easyB.safeC.tiredD.anxious40.A.lostB.collectedC.tornD.saved答案 21.C 22.A 23.D 24.B 25.A 26.C 27.D 28.A 29.B 30.C 31.D 32.A 33.B 34.D 35.C 36.C 37.B 38.B 39.A 40.DPassage 34(07&#8226;福建)The battle was followed by a terrible storm. Therefore, it wasn’t until October 26 that Vice. Admiral(海军中将)Collingwood was 36 to send off his report to Britain 37 the victory and Nelson’s death. He chose 38 the task one of the smallest ships in his flect. Pickle, 39 by Captain Lapenotiere. In spite of 40 winds and rough seas. Pickle made the 41 of more than 1, 000 miles in just over eight days, 42 Falmouth on the morning of November 4. From there. Captain Lapenotiere 43 a fast post chaise(轻便马车)to London, traveling 44 for 37 hours. He reached the Admiralty in Whitehall at 1 a. m. on Wednesday, November 6-less than 11 days after he had 45 Colingwood. Most of the officials had gone to bed 46 , but the secretary was still 47 in the famous Board Room. Lapenotiete hurried in and 48 the report w “Sir, we have gained a great victory. But we have 49 Lord Nelson.” Copies of the report were quickly made and 50 to the prime Minister and King Ceorge 111. A special edition of a 51 was rushed out and delivered all over the country. The atmosphere of public 52 for the victory was weakened by widespread sorrow the 53 of Nelson. As
“The victory of Trafalgar was 54 ,indeed, with the usual forms of rejoicing(欢庆), 55 they were without joy.”36.A.eager B. anxious C. able D. sure37.A.announcing B. telling C. mentioning D. warning38.A.with B. from C. for D. among39.A.seated B. brought C. owned D. led40.A.stong B. weak C. warm D. light41.A.distance B. flight C. voyage D. march42.A.leaving for B. arriving at C. staying in D. sailing for43.A.made B. took C. kept D. sat44.A.freely B. aimlessly C. slowly D. continuously45.A. seen B. found C. told D. left46.A.long before B. long ago C. before long D. long after47.A.on leave B. on business
C. at work D. at sea48.A.took over B. handed over
C. gave out D. turned out49.A.defeated B. beaten
C. missed D. lost50.A.sent B. carried
C. suggested D. written51.A.book B. newspaper C. weekly D. magazine52.A.hope B. search C. desire D. happiness53.A.return B. failure C. deaths D. injury54.A.congratulated B. celebrated C. gained D. reported55.A.and B. so C. for D. hut答案 36.C 37.A 38.C 39.D 40.A 41.C 42.B 43.B 44.D 45.D 46.A 47.C 48.B 49.D 50.A 51.B 52.D 53.C 54.B 55.DPassage 35(06&#8226;江西)While l studied at school,I felt a great difficulty in leaning my Latin translations.I was always very 36 in using a dictionary,and 37 it most difficult,while to other boys it seemed 38 .
I formed an alliance(盟友) with a boy in the Sixth Grade.He was very clever and 39 read Latin as easily as English.My friend for his part was almost as 40 troubled by the English essays he had to write for the headmaster as I was 41 these Latin words. We agreed together that he should 42 me my Latin translations and that I should do his essays. The arrangement 43 wonderfully.The headmaster seemed quite 44 with my work,and I had more time to myself in the morning.On the othcr hand,once a week 45 I had to compose the essays Of my fnend.For several months no difficulty 46 ,but once we were near]y caught out. One afternoon,the headmaster 47 my friend tO discuss one essay with him in a lively spirit.“I was interested in this 48 you make here.I think you might have gone further.Tell me 49 you had in your mind." The headmaster continued in this 50 for some time to fear of my friend.However the headmaster,not wishing to 51 an occasion of praise into 52 of fault-finding,finally 53 him go.He came back to me like a man who had had a very narrow 54 and I made up my mind to make every effort tO study my 55 .36.A.quickB.slowC.hardD.good37.A.madeB.gotC.foudD.left38.A.troubleB.differenceC.laborD.worry39.A.mlghtB.wouldC.shouldD.could40.A.veryB.littleC.muchD.few41.A.forB.byC.inD.to42.A.changeB.takeC.forgiveD.tell43.A.workedB.triedC.happenedD.developed44.A.angryB.satisfiedC.frightenedD.sad45.A.or soB.or elseC.as usualD.as far46.A.becameB.seemedC.layD.appeared47.A.calledB.taughtC.arrangedD.sent48.A.aimB.goalC.pointD.opinion49.A.whyB.howC.whichD.what50.A.excimentB.wayC.meaningD.disappointment51.A.turnB.leaveC.growD.become52.A.noneB.oneC.eitherD.some53.A.orderedB.askedC.tookD.let54.A.surpriseB.escapeC.hopeD.chance55.A.readingB.writingC.translationsD.essays答案 36.B 37.C 38.A 39.D 40.C 41.B 42.D 43.A 44.B 45.A 46.D 47.A 48.C 49.D 50.B 51.A 52.B 53.D 54.B 55.CPassage 36(06&#8226;湖北)In the city of Fujisawa, Japan, lives a woman named Atsuko Saeki When she was a teenager, she 36 of going to the United States. Most of what she knew about American 37 was from the textbooks she had read. "I had a 38 in mind: Daddy watching TV in the living room, Mummy 39 cakes and their teenage daughter off to the cinema with her boyfriend." Atsuko 40 to attend college in California. When she arrived, however, she found it was not her 41 world.' "People were struggling with problems and often seemed 42 ," she said. "I felt very alone." One of her hardest 43 was physical education. "We played volleyball." she said. "The other students were 44 it, but I wasn't." One afternoon, the instructor asked Atsuko to 45 the ball to her teammates so they could knock it 46 the net- NO problem for most people, but it terrified Atsuko. She was afraid of losing face 47 she failed. A young man on her team 48 What she was going through." He walked up to me and 49 , 'Come on. You can do that'" "You will never understand how those words of 50 made me feel.. Four words: You can do that I felt like crying with happiness" She made it through the class. Perhaps she t she is not 51 . Six years have passed. Atsuko is back in Japan, working as a salesclerk. "I have 52 forgotten the words." she said. "When things are not going so well, I think of them." She is sure the young man had no idea how much his kindness 53 to her. "He probably doesn't even remember it," she said. That may be the lesson. Whenever you say something to a person cruel or kind---you have no idea how long the words will 54 . She's all the way over in Japan, but still she hears those four 55 words: You can do that.36. A. learned B. spoke C. dreamed D. heard37. A. way B. life C. education D. spirit38. A. photo B. painting C. picture D. drawing39. A. baking B. frying C. steaming D. boiling40. A. hoped B. arranged C. liked D. attempted41. A. described B. imagined C. created D. discovered42. A. tense B. cheerful C. relaxed D. deserted43. A. times B. question C. classes D. projects.44. A. curious about B. good at C. slow at D. nervous about45. A. kick B. pass C. carry D. hit46. A. through B. into C. over D. past47. A. after B. if C. because D. until48. A. believed B. considered C. wondered D. sensed49. A. warned B. sighed C. ordered D. whispered50. A. excitement B. encouragement C. persuasion D. suggestion51. A. interested B. doubtful C. puzzled D. sure52. A. never
B. already C. seldom D. almost53. A. happened B. applied C. seemed D. meant54. A. continue B. stay C. exist D. live55. A. merciful B. bitter C. simple D. easy答案 36.C 37.B 38.C 39.A 40.B 41.B 42.A 43.C 44.B 45.D 46.C 47.B 48.D 49.D 50.B 51.D 52.A 53.D 54.B 55.CPassage 37(06&#8226;湖南)I returned to Abujs,the capital of Nigerin,after college gradvation.I had been there before my mother became a minister.Two weeks Inter.I told my mother I was bored.She said.“Here’re the car keys.Go and buy some fruit.” 36 ,I jurnped into the car and speeded off.Seeing me or rather my 37 ,a boy sprang up(跳起来). 38 to sell his banan is and peanuts.“Banana 300 naira.Peanut 200 naira!”Looking at his bbinck-striped bananas,I 39 to 200 total for the fruit and nuts.He 40 .I handed him a 500 naira note.He didn’t have 41 .So I told him not to worry.He was 42 and smiled a row of petfect teeth.When.two weeks later.I 43 this same boy.I was more aware of my position in Nigerian soeicty.I should 44 this country as the son of a 45 .But it was hard to find pleasure in a place where it was so 46 to see a little boy who should have been in school selling fruit. “What’s up?”I asked.He answered in 47 English,“I…I no get money to buy book.”I took out two 500 naira notes.He looked around 48 before sticking his hand into the car 49 the bills.One thousand naira means a lot to a farnily that 50 only 50,000 cach year. The next morning,security officers told me,“In this place,when you give a little,people think you’re a fountain of opportunity(机会).” 51 it’s right,but this happens everywhere in the world.I wondered if my little friend had actually used the money for 52 . After six months’work in northern Nigeria,I returned and saw him again standing on the road.“Are you in school now?”He nodded.A silence fell as we looked at each other,then I 53 what he wanted.I held out a 500 naira note.“Take this.”He shook his head fiercely and stepped back 54 hurt.“It’s a gift.”I said. Shaking his head again,he handed me a basket of bananas and peanuts,“I’ve been waiting to 55 these to you.”36.A.EncouragedB.DisappointedC.DelightedD.Confused37.A.carB.motherC.drivetD.keys38.A.willingB.afraidC.cager D.ashamed39.A.got downB.bargained downC.put downD.look down40.A.explainedB.promisedC.agreedD.admitted41.A.changeB.notesC.checksD.bills42.A.fortableD.graleful43.A.ran afterB.ran intoC.ran overD.ran to44.A.proteetB.enjoyC.helpD.support45.A.ministerB.headmasterC.managerD.president46.A.luckyB.mon47.A.oldB.brokenC.traditionalD.modern48.A.proudlyB.madlyC.cunouslyD.nervously49.A.forB.withC.atD.upon50.A.spendsB.paysC.makesD.affords51.A.PossiblyB.ActuallyC.CertainlyD.Fortunately52.A.joysB.nutsC.booksD.bananas 53.A.askedB.unaginedC.remindedD.realized54.A.whenB.as ifC.even ifD.after55.A.sendB.provideC.sellD.give答案 36.C 37.A 38.C 39.B 40.C 41.A 42.D 43.B 44.B 45.A 46.D 47.B 48.D 49.A 50.C 51.A 52.C 53.D 54.B 55.DPassage 38(06&#8226;四川)One day,Raul was miles away from the small ranch(牧场) house in a large valley. 36 seemed to be all right, yet he felt strange and somewhat uneasy. The wind had picked up, and angry, dark clouds 37 across the sky. He could smell the rain coming. And it did. 38 ,the lightning flashed through the clouds, nearly 39 Raul. The thunder(雷声) was so loud that he buried his 40 in his hands and rubbed his eyes.Then he heard it. Hoofbeats(蹄声).He 41 .There before him stood a tall, white 42 . An old man stared down at him from its back. “Wh-wh-who are y-y-you?” asked Raul. “My name is Gray Cloud,” the old man answered 43 .“Come with me.” Raul followed on his horse. A 44 feeling came over him. All 45 them the rain was pouring down, 46 not a drop fell on them. They seemed to be 47 back toward Raul’s home. Raul lost track of time. Then all at once he found 48 at the ranch gate. The old man turned his horse, 49 his hand, and smiled. Lightning flashed again. The old man and his horse were 50 . Raul’s father ran out across the yard to 51 him. “we have been 52 sick about you. Are you okay? Hurry. Let’s get in out of the 53 .” “Wait,” said Raul. “Have you ever heard of an old man called Gray Cloud?” “Can’t say I … wait. I 54 my great-grandfather used to tell storied about a man called Gray Cloud. He died a long time ago. They say he was 55 by lightning during a terrible thunderstorm. Why do you ask?”36. A. Something B. EverythingC. Anything D. Nothing37.A.dropped B. fell C. rolled D. covered38.A.Suddenly B. Strongly C. Quickly D. Hardly39.A.beating B. blinding C. burning D. touching40.A.nose B. hair C. neck D. head41.A.looked up B. woke up C. lay down D. sat down42.A.tiger B. horse C. lion D. elephant43.A.lazily B. angrily C. coldly D. slowly44.A.natural B. common C. strange D. bad45.A.around B. beside C. through D. above46.A.yet B. for C. so D. or47.A.walking B. leading C. heading D. returning48.A.them B. themselves C. him D. himself49.A.shook B. waved C. held D. took50.A.gone B. left C. followed D. lost51.A.see B. meet C. beat D. ask52.A.waited B. thought C. worried D. excited53.A.yard B. wind C. grass D. rain54.A.believe B. consider C. doubt D. forget55.A.defeated B. caught C. damaged D. struck答案 36.B 37.C 38.A 39.B 40.D 41.A 42.B 43.D 44.C 45.A 46.A 47.C 48.D 49.B 50.A 51.B 52.C 53.D 54.A 55.DPassage 39(06&#8226;陕西B卷)The child in the hospital bed was just waking up after having a throat(喉咙) operation.His throat 21 ,and he was afraid.However.the young nurse 22 By his bed smiled so 23 hat the little boy smiled back.He 24 to be afraid.The young nurse was May Paxton 25 e was deaf (聋的).May Paxton graduated 26 the Missouri School for the Deaf near the year 1909.Three years 27 she went to see Dr.Richard son about 28 nurse.Dr Richardson was one of the founders of Mercy Hospital of Kansas City. 29 had never heard of a deaf nurse.She told May that her 30 would be very low and that the work would be 31 . However,May said that hard work did not frighten her.Dr. Richardson was 32 her,and accepted May as a student nurse.Dr.Richardson never 33 her decision 34 ,she was so pleased with May’s work that she later accepted two other deaf women as student nurses.The 35 was Miss Marian Finch,who was hard of 36 .The second was Miss Lillie Bessie.These three were 37 “the silent angles(天使) of Mercy Hospital”during the 38 they worked there.Dr.Richardson often 39 her faith in the girls’ ability to learn nursing.She wrore to May,“For three years,you have been with us… It is wonderful to me that no man. 40 or child ever,to my knowledge,made a complaint(投诉) against you…”21.A.cutB.burtC.woundedD.darnaged22.A.standingB.jurnpingC.lyingD.crying23.A.shylyB sadlyC.cheerfullyD.weakly24.A.continuedB.beganC.stoppedD.forgot25.A.forB.soC.andD.but26.A.asB.fromC.withD.in27.A.laterB.beforeC.agoD.then28.A.seekingB.changingC.hiringD.becoming29.A.YouB.SheC.WeD.He30.A.moneyB.checkC .payD.price31.A.easyB.disappointing C.joyfulD.difficult32.A.angry withB.sagtisfied withC.sorry forD.ashamed of33.A.regrettedB.thought ofC.likedD.believed34.A.In factB.In a hurryC.In surpriseD.In public35.A.oneB.othersC.firstD.other36.A.readingB.hearingC.listeningD.writing37.A.offeredB.chosenC.toldD.called38.A.yearB.monthC.timeD.term39.A.spoke ofB.saidC.heard ofD.noticed40.A.personB.wornanC.boyD.girl答案 21.B 22.A 23.C 24.D 25.C 26.B 27.A 28.D 29.B 30.C 31.D 32.B 33.A 34.A 35.C 36.B 37.D 38.C 39.A 40.BPassage 40(05&#8226;全国Ⅰ)One afternoon I was sitting at my favorite table in a restaurant, waiting for the food I had ordered to arrive. Suddenly I ___36___ that a man sitting at a table near the window kept glancing in my direction, ___37___ he knew me. The man had a newspaper ___38___ in front of him, which he was ___39___ to read, but I could ___40___ that he was keeping an eye on me. When the waiter brought my ___41___the man was clearly puzzled (困惑) by the ___42___ way in which the waiter and I ___43___each other. He seemed even more puzzled as ___44___went on and it became ___45___that all the waiters in the restaurant knew me. Finally he got up and went into the ___46___. When he came out, he paid his bill and ___47___without another glance in my direction. I called the owner of the restaurant and asked what the man had ___48___. “Well,” he said, “that man was a detective (侦探). He ___49___ you here because he thought you were the man he ___50___. ” “What? ” I said, showing my ___51___. The owner continued, “He came into the kitchen and showed me a photo of the wanted man. I ___52___ say he looked very much like you! Of course, since we know you, we told him that he had made a ___53___. ” “Well, it’s really ___54___I came to a restaurant where I’m known, ” I said. “___55___, I might have been in trouble. ”36. A. knewB. understoodC. noticedD. recognized37. A. since B. even ifC. thoughD. as if38. A. flatB. openC. cutD. fixed39. A. hopingB. thinkingC. pretendingD. continuing40. A. see B. findC. guess D. learn41. A. menuB. billC. paper D. food42. A. directB. familiarC. strangeD. funny43. A. chatted withB. looked atC. laughed atD. talked about44. A. the waiterB. timeC. ID. the dinner45. A. true B. hopefulC. clearD. possible46. A. restaurant B. washroomC. officeD. kitchen47. A. leftB. actedC. sat downD. calmed down48. A. wantedB. triedC. ordered D. wished49. A. met B. caughtC. followedD. discovered50. A. was to beatB. was dealing with C. was to meet D. was looking for51. A. careB. surpriseC. worryD. regret52. A. mustB. canC. needD. may53. A. discovery B. mistakeC. decisionD. fortune54. A. a pityB. naturalC. a chanceD. lucky55. A. ThusB. HoweverC. OtherwiseD. Therefore 答案 36.C 37.D 38.B 39.C 40.A 41.D 42.A 43.B 44.C 45.A 46.D 47.A 48.A 49.C 50.D 51.B 52.A 53.B 54.D 55.CPassage 41(05&#8226;全国Ⅱ、全国Ⅲ)As I drove my blue Buick into the garage. I saw that a yellow Oldsmobile was 21 too close to my space. I had to drive back and forth to get my car into the 22 space. That left
23 enough room to open the door. Then one day I arrived home 24 , and just as I turned off the engine, the yellow Oldsmobile entered its space - too close to my car, 25 . At last I had a chance to meet the driver. My patience had 26 and I shouted at her, “Can’t you see you’re not 27 me enough space” Park father over.” Banging(猛推) open her door into 28 ,the driver shouted back: “Make me!” 29 this she stepped out of the garage. Still, each time she got home first, she parked too close to my 30 . Then one day, I thought, “What can I do?” I soon found 31 . The next day the woman 32 a note on her windshield(挡风玻璃):Dear Yellow Oldsmobile, I’m sorry mistress(女主人) shouted at yours the other day. She’s been sorry about it. Iknow it because she doesn’t sing anymore while 33 . It wasn’t like her to scream 34 . Fact is, she’d just got bad news and was taking it out on you two. I 35 you and your mistress will 36 her. Your neighbor, Blue BuickWhen I went to the 37 the next morning, the Oldsmobile was gone, but there was anote on my windshield:Dear Blue Buick,My mistress is sorry, too. She parked so 38 because she just learned to drive. We willpark much farther over after this. I’m glad we can be 39 now. Your neighbor, Yellow OldsmobileAfter that, whenever Blue Buick 40 Yellow Oldsmobile on the road, their driverswaved cheerfully and smiled.21.A.drivenB.parkedC.stoppedD.stayed22.A.completeB.closeC.narrowD.fixed23.A.quiteB.nearlyC.seldomD.hardly24.A.hurriedlyB.firstC.finallyD.timely25.A.as usualB.as plannedC.as wellD.as yet26.A.run intoB.run aboutC.run outD.run off27.A.keepingB.savingC.offeringD.leaving28.A.mineB.hersC.itselfD.ours29.A.ForB.WithC.FromD.Upon30.A.roomB.areaC.frontD.side31.A.an instructionB.a resultC.an answerD.a chance32.A.putB.wroteC.sentD.discovered33.A.workingB.drivingC.returningD.cooking34.A.on endB.so longC.like thatD.any more35.A.hopeB.knowC.supposeD.suggest36.A.comfortB.helpC.forgiveD.please37.A.officeB.flatC.placeD.garage38.A.crazilyB.eagerlyC.noisilyD.early39.A.neighborsB.friendsC.driversD.writers40.A.followedB.passedC.foundD.greeted答案 21.A 22.B 23.C 24.A 25.D 26.B 27.C 28.D 29.A 30.C 31.B 32.C 33.A 34.B 35.D 36.B 37.C 38.D 39.A 40.APassage 42(05&#8226;重庆)Hidden passengers traveling in ships, trams, or even cars can be a terrible trouble — especially when they are insects. As for this, there is a great 36
and insects. The former 37 every possible effort to avoid being discovered, while the latter quickly 38 attention to themselves.We can only show mercy to the 39 man who had to slop his car soon after 40 from a country village to drive to London. Hearing a strange noise from the 41 of the car, he naturally got out to 42 the wheels carefully, but he found nothing wrong, so he 43 his way. Again the noise began, 44 and became even louder. Quickly 45 his head, the man saw what appeared to be a great 46 cloud following the car. When he stopped at a village further on, he was told that a queen bee must be hidden in his car as there were thousands of bees 47 .On learning this, the man drove away .as quickly as possible. After an hour's 48 driving, he arrived safely in London, where he parked his car outside a 49 and went in- It was not long 50 a customer who had seen him arrive 51 in to inform him that his car was 52 with bees. The poor driver was 53 that the best way should be to call a 54 . In a short time the man arrived. He found the unwelcome passenger hidden near the wheels at the back. of the car. Very thankful to the driver for this 55 gift, the bee-keeper took the queen and her thousands of followers home in a large box.36. A. connectionB. differenceC. communicationD. similarity 37. A, doB. takeC. makeD. try38. A. giveB. keepC. payD. draw39. A. unfortunateB. carelessC. unpleasantD. hopeless40. A. passing byB. leaving outC. setting outD. getting up41. A. frontB. backC. leftD. right42. A. cleanB. changeC. testD. examine43. A. droveB. continuedC. pushedD. forced44. A. normallyB. gentlyC. actuallyD. immediately45. A. hidingB. turning C. shakingD. raising46. A. blackB. beautifulC. whiteD. colorful47. A. belowB. aheadC. nearbyD. behind48. A. boringB. carefulC. excitingD. hard49. A. hotelB. museumC. hospitalD. school50. A. whenB. afterC. untilD. before51. A. brokeB. movedC. hurriedD. dropped52. A. crowdedB. coveredC. filled D. equipped53. A. advisedB. requiredC. orderedD. requested54. A. bee-keeper B. policemanC. waiterD. repairman55. A. unfamiliar B. unknownC. unexpectedD. uncertain答案 36.B 37.C 38.D 39.A 40.C 41.B 42.D 43.B 44.D 45.B 46.A 47.C 48.D 49.A 50.D 51.C 52.B 53.A 54.A 55.APassage 43(05&#8226;山东)My sister and I grew up in a little village in England. Our father was a struggling ___36___, but I always knew he was ___37___. He never criticized us, but used ___38___ to bring out our best. He’d say,” If you pout water on flowers, they flourish. If you don’t give them water, they die. ” I ___39___ as a child I said something ___40___ about somebody, and my father said, “___41___ time you say something unpleasant about somebody else, it’s a reflection of you. ” He explained that if I looked for the best ___42___ people, I would get the best ___43___. From then on I’ve always tried to ___44___ the principle in my life and later in runningmy company. Dad’s also always been very ___45___. At 15, I started a magazine. It was ___46___ a great deal of my time, and the headmaster of my school gave me a ___47___: stayin school or leave to work on my magazine. I decided to leave, and Dad tried to sway me from my decision, ___48___ any good father would. When he realized I Had made up my mind, he said, “Richard, when I was 23, my dad ___49___ me to go into law. And I’ve ___50___ regretted it. I wanted to be a biologist, ___51___ I didn’t pursue my ___52___. You know what you want.Go fulfill it. ” As ___53___ turned out, my little publication went on to become Student, a national ___54___ for young people in the U. K. My wife and I have two children, and I’ d like to think we are bringing them up in the same way Dad ___55___ me.36. A. biologistB. manager C. lawyerD. gardener37. A. strict B.honest C.special
D.learned38. A. praise B.courage C. power D. warmth39. A. think B. imagine C. remember D. guess40. A. unnecessary B. unkind C. unimportant D. unusual41. A. Another B.Some C. Any
D. Other42. A. on B. in C. at
D. about43. A. in case B. by turns C. by chance D. in return44. A. revise B. set
C. review D. follow45. A. understanding B. experienced C.serious D. demanding46. A. taking up B. making up C. picking up D. keeping up47. A. suggestion B.decision
C. notice D. choice48. A. and
B.as C. even if D. as if49. A. helped B.allowed C. persuaded D. suggested50. A. always B.never C. seldom D. almost51. A. rather B.but C.for
D. therefore52. A. promise B.task C. belief D. dream53. A. this B.he C. it D. that54. A. newspaper B. magazine C. program D. project55. A. controlled B. comforted C. reminded D. raised答案 36.C 37.C 38.A 39.C 40.B 41.C 42.B 43.D 44.D 45.A 46.A 47.D 48.B 49.C 50.A 51.B 52.D 53.C 54.B 55.DPassage 44(05&#8226;江苏)On May 27, 1995, our life was suddenly changed. It happened a few minutes past three, 36 my husband, Chris, fell from his horse as it 37 over a fence. Chris was paralyzed (瘫痪) from the chest down, 38 to breathe normally. As he was thrown from his horse, we entered into a life of 39 with lots of unexpected challenges( 挑战). We went from the "haves" to the “have-nots". Or so we thought. 40 what we discovered later were all the gifts that came out of 41 difficulties. We came to learn that something 42 could happen in a disaster . All over the world people 43 Chris so much that letters and postcards poured in every day. By the end of the third weekin a 44 center in Virginia, about 35,000 pieces of 45 had been received and sorted. As 46 , we opened letter after letter. They gave us 47 and became a source of strength for us. We used them to 48 ourselves. I would go to the pile of letters marked with "Funny" if we needed a 49 , or to the "Disabled" box to find advice from people in wheelchairs or 50 in bed living happily and 51 . These letters, we realized, had to be shared. And so 52 we offer one of them to you.Dear Chris, My husband and I were so sorry to hear of your 53 accident last week. No doubt your family and your friends are giving you the strength to face this 54 challenge. People everywhere are also giving you best wishes every day and we are among those who are keeping you 55 .Yours Sincerely,Nancy Reagan36.A.sinceB.beforeC. whenD.while37. A. walkedB. climbedC. pulledD. jumped38. A. ableB. unableC. suitableD. unsuitable39. A. disabilityB. possessionC. convenienceD. experience40. A. SoB. ForC. OrD. Yet41. A. sharingB. separatingC. fearingD. exploiting42. A. terribleB. similarC. wonderfulD. practical43. A. wrote forB. cared forC. hoped forD. sent for44. A. medicalB. postalC. experimentalD. mental45.A. newsB. paperC. equipmentD. mail46. A. patientsB. a familyC. nursesD. a group47. A. effectB. effortC. comfortD. explanation48. A. encourageB. expressC. controlD. treat49. A. cryB. laughC. chatD. sigh50. A. muchB. neverC. evenD. seldom5l. A. bitterlyB. fairlyC. weaklyD. successfully52. A. hereB. thereC. thereforeD. forward53. A. drivingB. flyingC. runningD. riding54. A. technicalB. differentC. difficultD. valuable55. A. nearbyB. closeC. busyD. alive答案 36.C 37.D 38.B 39.C 40.D 41.A 42.C 43.B 44.A 45.D 46.B 47.C 48.A 49.B 50.C 51.D 52.A 53.D 54.C 55.DPassage 45(05&#8226;浙江)It was raining. I went into a café and asked for a coffee. 21 I was waiting for my drink, I realized that there were other people in the place, but I sensed 22 . I saw their bodies, but I couldn't feel their souls 23 their souls belonged to the 24 .I stood up and walked between the tables. When I came to the biggest computer, I saw a thin, small man 25 in front of it. "I'm Steve", he finally answered after I asked him a couple of times what his name was. "I can't talk with you. I'm 26 ", he said. He was chatting online with somebody--probably someone he didn't know--and, at the same time, he was playing a computer game--a war game. I was surprised. He was chatting online and, 27 , he was playing a computer game—a war game. I was 28 .Why didn't Steve want to talk with me? I tried 29 to speak to that computer geek (怪人), 30 not a word came out of his mouth. I touched his shoulder, but no reaction(反应). I was 31 . I put my hand in front of the monitor, and he started to shout, " 32 !"I took a few steps back, wondering if all those people in the café were looking at me. I ___33 , and saw nobody showed any interest. 34 , I realized that the people there were having a nice conversation with their machines, not with people. They were more 35 having a relationship with the ___36 , particularly Steve. I wouldn't want to 37 the future of human beings if they preferred sharing their lives with machines 38 with people.I was worried and I sank in my thoughts. I didn't even 39 that the coffee was bad, ___40 Steve didn't notice there was a person next to him.21.A.BeforeB.Since C.Although D.While 22.A.pain B.loneliness C.sadness D.fear 23.A.becauseB.when C.until D.unless 24.A.home B.world C.NetD.Cafe 25.A.sleeping B.laughing C.sitting D.learning 26.A.busy B.thirsty C.tired D.sick 27.A.first of all B.just thenC.at the same time D.by that time 28.A.surprised B.delighted C.moved D.frightened 29.A.once B.again C.first D.even 30.A.but B.soC.if D.or 31.A.excited B.respectedC.afraid D.unhappy 32.A.Shut upB.Enjoy yourself C.Leave me alone D.Help me out33.A.walked about B.walked out C.raised my hand D.raised my head 34.A.From then on B.At that moment C.In all D.Above all 35.A.interested in B.tired of C.careful about D.troubled by36.A.computer B.soul C.shopD.geek 37.A.tell B.plan C.imagineD.design 38.A.other than B.instead ofC.except for D.as well as 39.A.pretendB.understandC.insist D.realize40.A.as if B.just asC.just after D.even though 答案 21.D 22.B 23.A 24.C 25.C 26.A 27.C 28.A 29.B 30.A 31.D 32.C 33.D 34.B 35.A 36.A 37.C 38.B 39.D 40.BPassage 46(06&#8226;福建)A lady and her husband stepped off the train in Boston. They walked without an appointment(预约)into the outer 36 of Harvard’s president. But they were 37 by his secretary and kept waiting. For hours, the secretary took no notice of them, 38 that the couple would finally become 39 and go away. But they didn’t. The secretary finally decided to disturb the president, though 40 .A few minutes later, the president walked towards the couple with a 41 face. The lady told him, “We had a son that 42 Harvard for one year. He loved Harvard. He was 43 here. But about a year ago, he was accidentally killed. My husband and I would like to 44 a memorial(纪念物)to him, somewhere on campus.”The president wasn’t 45 . Instead, he was shocked. “Madam,” he said, “we can’t put up a statue for every person who studied at Harvard and died. If we did, this 46 would look like a cemetery(墓地),” “Oh, no,” the lady 47 quickly. “We don’t want to put up a statue. We would like to give a 48 to Harvard.” The president rolled his eyes and 49 at the couple and then exclaimed, ” A building! Do you have any 50 how much a building costs? We have spent over $7,500,000 on the campus building at Harvard.” For a moment the lady was silent. The president was 51 , because he could get rid of them now. Then the lady turned to her husband and said quietly, “Is that all it costs to start a 52 ? Why don’t we just start our own?” Her husband nodded. 53 their offer was turned down. Mr. and Mrs. Stanford traveled to California where they founded the University that bears their 54 , a memorial to a son that Harvard no longer 55 about.36.A.labB.library C.hallD.office37.A.watchedB.stoppedC.followedD.interviewed38.A.hopingB.findingC.realizingD.imagining39.A.surprisedB.disappointedC.worriedD.troubled40.A.hopelesslyB.carefullyC.unexpectedlyD.unwillingly41.A.pleasantB.funnyC.coldD.sad42.A.attendedB.visitedC.studiedD.served43.A.cleverB.braveC.proudD.happy44.A.set aboutB.set upC.take downD.take over45.A.satisfiedB.excitedC.movedD.ashamed46.A.houseB.partC.gardenD.place47.A.explainedB.expressedC.refusedD.admitted48.A.buildingB.yardC.playgroundD.square49.A.laughedB.shoutedC.glancedD.called50.A.suggestionB.ideaC.thoughtD.opinion51.A.boredB.astonishedC.interestedD.pleased52.A.departmentB.universityC.businessD.club53.A.OnceB.WhileC.SinceD.Though54.A.nameB.characterC.pictureD.sign55.A.talkedB.knewC.heardD.cared答案 36.D 37.B 38.A 39.B 40.D 41.C 42.A 43.D 44.B 45.C 46.D 47.A 48.A 49.C 50.B 51.D 52.B 53.C 54.A 55.DPassage 47(05&#8226;辽宁)Scott and his companions were terribly disappointed. When they got to the South Pole, they found the Norwegians(挪威人)had 36 them in the race to be the first ever to reach it. After 37 the British flag at the Pole, they took a photograph of themselves 38 they started the 950-mile journey back. The journey was unexpectedly 39 and the joy and excitement about the Pole had gone out of them. The sun hardly 40 . The snow storms always made it impossible to sight the stones they had 41 to mark their way home. To make things 42 . Evans, whom they had all thought of 43 the strongest of the five, fell badly into a deep hole in the ice. Having 44 along for several days, he suddenly fell down and died. The four who were 45 pushed on at the best speed they could 46 . Captain Oates had been suffering for some time from his 47 at night his feet swelled(肿胀) so large that he could 48 put his boots on the next morning, and he walked bravely although he was in great 49 . He knew his slowness was making it less likely that 50 could save themselves. He asked them to leave him behind in his sleeping-bag, but they refused, and helped him 51 a few more miles, until it was time to put up the 52 for another night. The following morning, 53 the other three were still in their sleeping-bags, he said. “I am just going outside and may be 54 some time.” He was never seen again. He had walked out 55 into the snow storm, hoping that his death would help his companions. 36.A.hitB.foughtC.wonD.beaten 37.A.growingB.puttingC.plantingD.laying 38.A.afterB.untilC.whileD.before 39.A.safeB.fastC.shortD.slow 40.A.roseB.setC.appearedD.disappeared 41.A.taken upB.cut upC.set upD.picked up 42.A.easierB.betterC.bitterD.worse 43.A.toB.uponC.asD.in 44.A.battledB.struggledC.speededD.waited 45.A.leftB.lostC.defeatedD.saved 46.A.manageB.try C.employD.find 47.A.achedB.frozenC.hardenD.harmed 48.A.hardlyB.neverC.seldomD.nearly 49.A.painB.fearC.troubleD.danger 50.A.all othersB.some othersC.othersD.the others 51.A.awayB.withC.offD.on 52.A.bedB.tent C.blanketD.sleeping-bag 53.A.whileB.sinceC.forD.once 54.A.missedB.separatedC.passedD.gone 55.A.patientlyB.lonelyC.aloneD.worriedly 答案 36.D 37.C 38.D 39.D 40.C 41.C 42.D 43.C 44.B 45.A 46.A 47.B 48.A 49.A 50.D 51.D 52.B 53.A 54.D 55.CPassage 48(05&#8226;江西)In the summer vacation of 1997 , I was fixed with a job . I worked as a(n) 36 at Mr. Breen’s fruit shop .The fruit shop did 37 business . Most of the trade came from the housewives who lived in the neighbourhood , 38 he also had regular customers who arrived outside the shop in cars . Mr Breen 39 them all by name and they sometimes even had their order already made up , always 40 me to carry it out to their car . They were clearly long-standing customers , and I 41 they must have stayed faithful to him 42 he had promised to sell good quality 43 . He had a way with them —I had to 44 that . He called every woman “madam” for a start , 45 those who clearly were not, but when he 46 it , it did not sound like flattery (奉承). It just sounded 47 in an old-fashioned way . He was a great chatter 48 . If he did not know them , he would greet them with a few 49 about the weather , 50 he did , he would ask about their families or make 51 , always cutting his cloth 52 his customers . Whatever their bills came to , be 53 gave them back the few odd pence (零钱), and I am sure they thought he was very generous (慷慨). But I thought he was the opposite . He never 54 anything away . He was always looking for 55 for nothing .36.A.operator B.assistant C.waiter D.seretary 37.A.good B.poor C.big D.usual 38.A.so B.when C.therefore D.but 39.A.sold B.knew C.gave D.sent 40.A.making B.letting C.getting D.keeping 41.A.wish B.insist C.declare D.suppose 42.A.when B.if C.because D.though 43.A.food B.fruit C.vegetables D.drink 44.A.admit B.expect C.announce D.promise 45.A.yet B.only C.just D.even 46.A.told B.said C.spoke D.talked 47.A.serious B.strange C.polite D.familiar 48.A.as well B.as usual C.either D.also 49.A.sayings B.questions C.words D.speeches 50.A.and then B.and so C.even if D.but if 51.A.preparations B.jokes C.repairsD.friends 52.A.according to B.due to C.instead of D.up to 53.A.never B.ever C.seldom D.always 54.A.took B.moved C.threw D.turned .55.A.something B.anything C.somebody D.anybody 答案 36.B 37.A 38.D 39.B 40.C 41.D 42.C 43.B 44.A 45.D 46.B 47.C 48.A 49.C 50.D 51.B 52.A 53.D 54.C 55.APassage 49(05&#8226;湖南)When I was thirteen, my family moved from Boston to Tucson, Arizona. 36 the move, my father 37 us in the living-room on a freezing January night. My sisters and I sat around the fire, not 38 that the universe would suddenly change its course. "In May, we're 39 to Arizona." The words, so small, didn't seem 40 enough to hold my new life. But the world changed and I awoke on a tram moving across the country. I watched the 41_ change from green trees to flat dusty plains to high mountains as I saw strange new plants that 42 mysteries(奥秘) yet to come. Finally, we arrived and 43 into own new home. 44 my older sisters were sad at the loss of friends, I 45 explored(探索) ournew surroundings. One afternoon, I was out exploring 46 and saw a new kind of cactus(仙人掌). I crouched (蹲) down for a closer look. "You'd better not 47 that." I turned around to see an old woman "Are you new lo this neighborhood?" I explained that I was, 48 , new to the entire state. "My name is Ina Thorne. Have you got used to life in the 49 ? It must be quite a _50 after living in Boston." How could I explain how I 51 the desert? I couldn't seem to find the right words. "It's vastness," she offered. “That vastness 52 you stand on the mountains overlooking the desert -- you can 53 how little you are in comparison with the world. _54 , you feel that the possibilities are limitless.” That was it. That was the feeling I'd bad ever since I'd first seen the mountains of my new home. Again, my 55 would change with just a few simple words. "Would you like to come to my home tomorrow? Someone should teach you which plant you should and shouldn't touch."36. A. DuringB. UntilC. Upon D. Before 37. A. gatheredB. warnedC. organized D. comforted 38. A. hopingB. admittingC. realizing D. believing 39. A. goingB. movingC. driving D. flying 40. A. goodB. simpleC. big D. proper 41 A. pictureB. ground C. senseD. area 42. A. suggested B. solved C. discovered D. explained 43. A. settledB. walked C. hurriedD. stepped 44. A. If B. AfterC. onceD. While 45. A. bitterlyB. easilyC. proudlyD. eagerly 46 A as wellB. as usual C. fight away D. on time 47. A. moveB. dig C. pull D. touch 48. A. of course B. in factC. after all D. at least 49. A. desertB. city C. state D. country 50. A. luckB. doubt C. shockD. danger51. A. found B. examined C. watchedD. reached52. A. whyB. when C. how D. where53. A. proveB. guess C. senseD. expect54. A. HoweverB. Otherwise C. Therefore D. Meanwhile55. A. ideaB. life C. home D. family答案 36.D 37.A 38.C 39.B 40.C 41.C 42.A 43.A 44.D 45.D 46.B 47.D 48.B 49.A 50.C 51.A 52.B 53.C 54.D 55.BPassage 50(05&#8226;安徽)I did very badly at school. My headmaster thought I was 36 and when I was 14 he said, “You’re never going to be 37 but a failure.” After five years of 38 jobs, I fell in love with a very nice middle-class girl. It was the beat 39 that could have happened to me. I 40 ! wanted-to do something positive (积极地) with my life because I wanted to prove to 41 that what people said about me was 42 . Especially her mother, who had said to me, “Let’s 43 it, you’ve failed at everything you’ve ever done.” So I tried hard with my 44 and went to college. My first novel (小说) 45 while I was at college. After college I taught during the 46 in high schools and attended evening classes at London University, where I got a 47 in history. I became a lecturer at a college and was thinking of 48 that job to write full time 49 I was offered a part-time job at Leeds University. I began to feel proud of myself — 50 was a working-.class boy who’d 51 school early, now teaching at the university My writing career (职业) took off when I discovered my own style. Now I’m rich and 52 , have been on TV, and met lots of film stars. 53 what does it mean? I 54 wish all the people that have put me down had 55 : “I believe in you. You’ll succeed.”36. A. brightB. uselessC. simpleD. hopeful37. A. anythingB. somethingC. everything D. nothing38. A. lowB. poorC. goodD. useful39 A. supportB. happinessC. surpriseD. thing40. A. admittedB. decidedC. plannedD. told41. A. meB. themC. herD. it42. A. wrongB. rightC. stupidD. faulty43. A. seeB. knowC. understandD. face44. A. experimentB. practiceC. writingD. composition45. A. came onB. came inC. came outD. came back46. A. dayB. nightC. monthD. year47. A. graduationB. passC. degreeD. success48. A. giving inB. giving backC. giving outD. giving up49. A. whileB. ifC. whenD. or50. A. thereB. hereC. itD. that51. A. leftB. attendedC. changedD. graduated52. A. tiredB. calmC. nervousD. famous53. A. AndB. ButC. HoweverD. Well54. A. justB. exactlyC. soD. very55. A. praisedB. saidC. answeredD. advised答案 36.B 37.A 38.B 39.D 40.B 41.C 42.A 43.D 44.C 45.C 46.A 47.C 48.D 49.C 50.B 51.A 52.D 53.B 54.A 55.B第二部分 三年联考题汇编Passage 1(湖北省新洲区实验高中2009届高三5月检测)If you love your husband, leave him alone. And if you think you are attractive, don't say it. This is what Jane Lin did for her husband Ang Lee, who last week became the first Asian to have 41 the best director Oscar award for his love movie "Brokeback Mountain." Ang Lee was 42 upon graduation with a master's degree in film production from New York University in 1984. He had to stay at home as a 43 husband until 1990. Jane did not for once think of leaving him, 44 would many modern girls who are 45 to play with rich directors and abandon them once they're 46 on their luck. 47 despair surrounded her now and then, Jane 48 Ang and believed he was cut out to be a genius 49 - only his time had not yet 50 . For six years, Ang was supported 51 by Jane, who earned a meager salary as a microbiologist in the United States. At one time, Ang wanted to 52 computer science so as to find a job quickly, but Jane 53 . She simply would not let her poor but 54 husband go out and find just any old job. In 55 six years, Ang wrote many screenplays and at the same time became a great cook. Ang has said time and 56 that he would never have 57 without Jane's love and trust. But 58 an Associated Press story released on Wednesday, Jane said 59 : "I did not support him, I just left him alone." The Associated Press quoted Taiwanese producer Huang Yi-kung, who produced Ang's famed Chinese-language movies - "The Wedding Banquet" in 1993 and "Eat Drink Man Woman" in 1994 —as saying that Ang's thanks to Jane and memories of past 60 were never superficial. 41. A. defeated B. defended C. beaten D. won 42. A. poor B. priceless C. jobless D. worthless 43. A. home B. house
C. good D. bad 44. A. so B. like C. for D. as 45. A. willing B. eager C. about D. meant 46. A. down B. up C. out D. in 47. A. although B. since C. therefore D. because 48. A. liked B. trusted C. encouraged D. supported 49. A. actor B. producer C. husband D. director 50. A. received B. fallen C. come D. promised 51. A. financially B. spiritually C. physically D. materially 52. A. see B. learn C. gain D. get 53. A. disbelieved B. disliked C. disagreed D. disobey 54. A. clever B. bright C. intelligent D. genius 55. A. these B. this C. those D. that 56. A. again B. time C. once D. twice 57. A. survived B. risen C. succeeded D. made 58. A. at B. from C. in D. on 59. A. confidently B. definitely C. regretfully D. humorously 60. A. experienceB. hardship C. life D. glory 答案 41.D 42.C 43.B 44.D 45.B 46.A 47.A 48.B 49.D 50.C
51.A 52.B 53.C 54.D 55.C 56.A 57.C 58.C 59.D 60.B Passage 2(安徽省马鞍山二中2009届高三第四次模拟考试)Oh God! I think I was about seven when my sisters and I pulled this stupid stunt(惊险动作). I remember we were watching TV when we heard my 36 , Chris, shouting from the backyard. We all 37 out to see what happened. 38 we finally located him, he was in a tree 39 from the highest tree branch. Crying, he explained he had climbed up the tree and couldn’t get down. One of us should climb up but we couldn’t 40 to get him moving down. Luckily, my youngest sister, Ka, five then, had seen a(n) 41 situation. She suggested we grab a 42 , hold it under the branch, and tell him to 43 so we could catch him. My other sister, Yams, one year younger than me, looked at me eagerly to 44 her idea and I said “Yeah, let’s try that.” Immediately we 45 a sheet and held it beneath the tree. Now mind you, the ages holding this blanket were 46 from seven to five, thus the sheet was probably being held up to our waist and also close to touching the ground. But we were 47 it could work.Chris, my brother, aged four, looked down at us with hesitation, asking in a 48 voice, “Are you sure I’ll land on the blanket?” But because of a problem at 49 with his tongue being a bit attached to the mouth, it came out like this, “Ah you sho awill lan on da blanked?” “Yup!” I told him, “We’re sure!” and he let go. How
【上一篇】
【下一篇】
建议书作文
贫困生证明
幽默演讲稿
英语演讲稿

我要回帖

更多关于 rolling stones 的文章

随机推荐