mayyourpeacebewithmyown宝石宠物happinesss这句话怎么翻译?

小站会根据您的关注,为您发现更多,
看到喜欢的小站就马上关注吧!
下一站,你会遇见谁的梦想?
BBC:Variety is the spice of life
Hi. Have you read about Lady Hester Lucy Stanhope who 200 years ago behaved like the modern day tomb-raider, Lara Croft? And the British artists Gilbert Passmore and George Proesch who want to be &normal& and &weird& at the same time? They describe themselves as &a living artwork&.
These were featured in the series English Eccentrics produced for our UK China website () that I have followed with great interest.
The British are indeed eccentric,&endearingly&so, and they know that. I am Brazilian and have been living in&London&for a few years by now but you know what? I have to admit that some habits of the British still&puzzle&me. If someone steps on your foot accidentally, they say sorry but you are expected to say sorry too even if you are&howling&in pain.&
And some of the language that I think I understand& well, I know the meaning of the words but I wonder if I really understand the sense. And then, there is the biggest mystery of all for many of us who weren&t born in a Commonwealth country: cricket! They look very smart on the pitch but&I don&t get&&what is going on.
Some of my colleagues in the international team that&makes up&the Learning English department feel the same way about it - Chinese, Russian and Indonesian. And our British colleagues are always happy&to enlighten&us. They also find themselves a bit confused by us.
I&slip into&Brazilian-mode sometimes and literally translate some Portuguese idioms into English. You should see their faces when I say: &I have a pineapple to peel&. They look around and guess what? There is no fruit&in sight. This in Portuguese refers to a difficult task. I think you agree that it is quite&awkward&to peel a pineapple. The right idiom in English is &a hard nut to crack&.
So we decided to start blogging about the things we find&quirky&about the British and our British colleagues will try to explain to us what it is all about. They are free to say what they do not understand about us too.
I will start blogging with Neil. He is English and loves cricket and I will tell him soon what I find strange about the sport. For the next few weeks I will also share a secret with you. I have learnt how to tell when a typical British person is really angry to the point where you should just give up on a discussion. I will check with Neil if I got it right.
How about you, what puzzles you about the British? 你觉得英语人都哪些古怪的地方呢?
USEFUL VOCABULARY 词汇表
witty &&机智幽默的
popped up &&突然出现
wouldn&t dare &&不敢
endearingly &&是人感到亲切珍贵的
puzzle -&迷惑
howling &&因疼痛而大叫的声音
I don&t get &&我不明白
makes up -&组成
to enlighten &&让人领悟,明白
slip into &&不知不觉地进入
in sight &&看得见的
awkward &&尴尬的
a hard nut to crack &&英语成语意思是棘手的问题
quirky -&古怪的
中西饮食文化:你忽略掉的三个不同
关于饮食,新概念三第23课有句话说的好:萝卜芹菜,各有所爱(One man's meat is another man's posion)。说到中西方饮食文化差异,你第一个想到的是什么?我们用筷子,老外用刀叉?我们吃&大锅饭&,老外分餐制?嗯,这些都不错!不过还不够:
1. First of all, the making method of Chinese food is different from Western-style food.
首先,中西餐的烹调方法不同。
In Western-style food cookbook, various ingredients such as the flour, sugar, butter etc. have been indicated several grams, several spoons or several cups, even the size of the egg will all be explained. I think it is like a testing laboratory. So, Making Western-style food is easy, so long as you according to cookbook manual.
西餐的烹调书中写明了面粉需要几克,糖需要几汤匙,黄油需要几杯等等,甚至连用到的鸡蛋的大小也有说明。烹调西餐就像在实验室里做实验一样。所以只要参考着烹调书,西餐是很好做的。
But it is not the easy thing that you want to make fine Chinese food. Even if you have bought the cookbook, it is not so easy. Because the Chinese cookbook will not tell you several grams of ingredient, for example salt, Chinese cookbook just tell you appropriate amount of salt, don&t tell you several gram, several spoon or several cup. Why? The taste of people who live in different places is different in China. There is a folk adage in China &south sweet, north salty, east hot and west sour&. So, a good cook rely on experience and skill when cooks in China.
但是要做出美味的中餐,即使你有参考书也不是一件容易的事。因为烹饪书里不会告诉你原料的用量,比如盐,只会告诉你&适量&,而不会精确到克。为什么呢?因为在中国,不同地域的人们口味不同。俗话说:南甜,北咸,东辣,西酸。所以,一个好厨师靠的是丰富的经验和技巧。
2. Second, the atmosphere of Chinese food is different from Western-style food while having a meal.
其次,中西方的就餐氛围不同。
The atmosphere of Western-style food is particular about scenery. The good restaurant is generally built in the beautiful mountaintop, park or the revolving dining-room of the city center high building. So Western-style food is &Eat the scenery& but not &Eat taste&.
在西方,人们看重就餐的环境。一家好的餐馆最好建在风景如画的山顶、公园或者城市中心的高楼上。所以西餐吃的不是味道,是环境。
The atmosphere of Chinese food is particular about taste and participation. Chinese food conquers the world with taste. There is a folk adage in China &If I want to conquer your heart, I will conquer your stomach first&. Everybody sits around table while eating Chinese food, everybody is eating the dish in the same plate, the hospitable host will also nip the dish into your bowl, it is so friendly. The friendship between person and person is deeper after a meal.
在中国,人们看重食物的味道与分享。中餐以美味征服世界。中国有句古话:欲征服人心,先征服人胃。进餐时,大家一起围坐在餐桌旁,所有人共同分享一个盘子中的食物,主人还会热情的为你夹菜。一顿饭后,人们之间的情谊会加深。
3. Third, the way that Chinese and occidental praise food is different.
第三,中西方赞美食物的方式不同。
Chinese praise food, will generally say: &Your dish is cooked very excellently, has caught up with the level of the restaurant&; but occidental praise food, will say just like what the home make.
中国人赞美食物会说:&你的菜做的真好,都赶上饭店的水平了!&西方人却会说:你的菜和家里做的一样好!
中国人姓氏在英美国家遇到的尴尬
由于用汉语拼音来表达的大陆人的姓名,发音自成一体,看着是同样的字母,在()里读音却不同,因此生活在美国的大陆人常常会因为自己的姓名遇到尴尬或闹笑话。许多人为了学习和生活的方便都给自己起个英文名,但姓氏改不了,尴尬还是免不了。
曾有人写文章,认为&X&是汉语拼音的软肋,在英语的姓名里几乎看不到这个字母,所以一旦姓名里出现这个字母会给人怪异的感觉。一般人会把它读成&克司&,有个姓邢(Xing)的朋友在银行工作,有的客户看到他挂在身上的名牌会叫他&克星先生&,还有的人叫他&Mr.Crossing&,因为英语把人行道斑马线叫Crossing,简写成Xing,在美国的大街小巷到处都可以看到&Xing&,有人为尊重他就把邢先生的姓扩展读出来,就是 &Mr.Crossing&。
而姓&徐&、&许&或姓&付&的朋友就更难过,因为&xx you &在英语里是一句极粗劣具侮辱性的骂人话,人们往往把动词简写成X或是F,把You简写成U,所以一般人看到Xu或者FU心里都会有点别扭的,Xu字念起来更是五花八门,发什么音的都有。
据说还有姓&奚&的被人当作罗马数字&XI&念成&Mr.Eleven&。
其实不只是&X&,&Q&、&Z&、&Zh&等音外国人都发不出来,Q在英语里后面肯定是跟着U的,如&Queen&&Quit&等等,所以单单一个Q他们会很困扰,干脆就照着&Qu&发音,于是 &秦&(Qin)就变成接近于&Queen&的发音了。
有时候引起混淆的是姓名的意思。
李(Li)先生在美国可能会被人称作&撒谎先生&(Mr. Lie)。因为Li的元音字母i在这里读作长元音〔ai〕,加上美国发音为降调,拼读起来正好与Lie同音。姓戴(Dai)的会被人称作&死先生&,(Mr.Die)因为Dai与Die发音一样,如果姓戴的人做了医生,会不会门庭冷落?找&死医生&看病,多不吉利啊!
我儿子的家庭医生是个女的,在美国考的医生执照,姓何,大家都叫她&Dr. He&,发音和&他&的英文词相同。当我去给儿子登记幼儿园时,秘书问我: &Who is your son&s pediatrician?&(谁是你儿子的家庭医生?)我回答:&Dr. He&。
她接着问:&What is his phone number?&
我赶紧摇头:&Dr.He is not he ,is she。&&You mean he is she ?&
&No, no, her last name is He, but she is she, although we call her He&&&我们俩头上都有黑线冒出来了。
姓施的也一样,拼音&Shi&老外发出来的音是&She&,就是&她&的音,有个男性朋友在公司里每次被人介绍他是&Mr.She&(女先生),都十分别扭。
关于&She&和&He&《世界日报》曾登过这样一个故事:
有一位姓尤(You)的人来到加拿大后,热情助人,经常为新来的中国&(微博)&生接站。一次他同时接来一男一女,男的姓佘(She),女的姓何(He)。接来后的第二天系里正好有个Party,尤同学想可以趁此机会领两位新人去熟悉一下环境,认识一些朋友,于是就开车带他们二位去参加Party。聚会开始后老尤上前给大家介绍新来的同学,怕老外记不住,还把他们的姓氏都给拼了出来 :
先介绍女士:&She is He, HE!&老外跟着重复:&So, She is he?&老尤答: Yes!
然后指着佘:"He is She, SHE!"老外有点懵:&What, He is she?&
尤回答:Right!
接着指指自己 "And I am You, YOU!" 老外已彻底晕了:Oh, You are me?!
《吸血鬼日记》15号强势回归!!
不可错过的5部经典英文穿越电影
步步惊心  《步步惊心》&  故事讲述了现代白领张晓因车祸穿越到清朝康熙年间,成为满族少女马尔泰&若曦,身不由己地卷入&九子夺嫡&的纷争。她看透所有人的命运,却无法掌握自己的结局,个人情感夹杂在争斗的惨烈中备受煎熬。经历几番爱恨嗔痴,若曦身心俱疲再也支撑不住,临终前,她彷佛听到一阵歌声,引她入梦&&  &穿越&的情结可不是国人的专利,来看看老外们拍过的经典穿越电影吧&&
The Butterfly Effect  《蝴蝶效应》  The title refers to the metaphorical butterfly effect, a popular principle in chaos theory which states that in any dynamic system, small initial differences may over time lead to large unforeseen consequences。  蝴蝶效应是混沌理论中的一个重要概念,它是指对初始条件敏感性的一种依赖现象:输入端微小的差别会迅速放大到输出端。
The Time Traveler's Wife  《时间旅行者的妻子》  It is a love story about a man with a genetic disorder that causes him to time travel unpredictably, and about his wife, an artist. The film, examines issues of love, loss, and free will. In particular, it uses time travel to explore miscommunication and distance in relationships, while also investigating deeper existential questions。  这部电影讲述了一个由于遗传病而经常不可预知的在时间中穿梭的男子和他的艺术家妻子的爱情故事。电影讨论了关于爱情、失去和自由意志的问题,特别是借用&时间旅行&探索了爱情中误解与距离,以及更深层的关于存在的问题。
Inception  《盗梦空间》  DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a specialized corporate spy and thief. His work consists of secretly extracting valuable commercial information from the unconscious minds of his targets while they are asleep and dreaming. Wanted for murder and unable to visit his children, Cobb is offered a chance to regain his old life as payment for a task considered to be impossible: "inception", the planting of an idea into a target's subconscious。  道姆&科布是个间谍和窃贼。他的工作是从睡梦中的人们脑中窃取有价值的商业信息。由于谋杀而被通缉,科布见不到自己的孩子。一次他得到了一个穿越到从前生活的机会,代价是执行一项不可能完成的任务:把意念植入一个人的潜意识。
17 Again  《重返17》  It is the story of 37-year-old Mike who becomes 17-year-old high school student after a chance accident。  电影讲述了37岁的麦克在一次事故后穿越到自己17岁的高中的故事。
Back to the Future  《回到未来》  The film tells the story of Marty McFly, a teenager who is accidentally sent back in time from 1985 to 1955. He meets his future-parents in high school and accidentally attracts his future mother's romantic interest. With the help of scientist Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown, he must find a way to return to 1985.  电影讲述了青年马蒂在一次意外中从1985年穿越到1955年的故事。他在高中见到了自己未来的父母,他的母亲还被马蒂深深吸引。马蒂必须在布朗博士的帮助下回到1985年。&
留日学生教你“接客”敬语
刚刚到日本的同学们一定会为打工而烦恼。一方面不知道去哪里找工作,一方面不知道面试的时候说什么,还有就是不知道打工的时候应该对客人说什么。这些都不用愁,我来帮大家总结一下哈。1.&XXXを募集したいですけど(我想应征XXX)&。最开始在找工作的时候,可以和对方说这句话。然后在面试的时候,对方会问关于个人的基本信息,打工时间,兴趣爱好等等。这时候对方会关注你的表情,记得一定要微笑哦。建议大家不要过于诚实的拿着课表告诉店长,我只有1天可以打工,店长喜欢时间宽松的小朋友哈。2.&おはようございます(这是每天第一次应该说的,不仅仅代表早上好的意思)&。打工进店里要礼貌问候。3.&お疲れ様です(辛苦了)&。遇到刚刚下工的人要这么说。这时候不能说:&ご苦労さん(辛苦了)&,这句话只有长辈对晚辈才可以说,通常都是老人对孩子说(千万不能乱说哦)。4.&いらっしゃいませ(欢迎光临)&。当有客人进店的时候,一定要大声说这句话欢迎。是饮食店的话,后面还要加一句:&何名さまでしょうか(一共几个人)&。5.&すみませんが、今空いている席がございませんので、しょうしょうお待ちしていただけませんか(对不起,现在店里没有空位子,能不能等一等)&。店里要是没有位子的话,就要对客人很歉意的说明一下。这时候,如果客人想留下来的话,就会点点头说一声:&はい、待ちます(可以,等等吧)&。6.&またよろしくお願いします(欢迎下次光临)&。然后不想等的客人就走了。虽然少赚了一份钱,还是要和他说这句话。行个礼,点个头就算送走了这位客人(又少洗个碗,嘿嘿&&不过还是要带有歉意的表情哦)。7.&大変お待たせいたしました。(让您久等了)&,&ご注文はよろしいでしょうか(您要点餐么)&。&こちらがXXXでございます。(这是XXX。)&,&おXXXはよろしいですか。(需要点XXX吗?)&。等有了空位子要先对客人说明一下。要微笑哦,对每一个人都要有天使般的微笑~8.&お勘定ですね、合計XXX円です(要结账是吧,一共XXX日元)、XXX円をお預かりします、XXX円を返します(收您XXX日元,找您XXX日元)、ありがとうございました。またよろしくお願いします(谢谢惠顾,欢迎下次光临)。&终于等到客人结算了。要赶紧过去。再次微笑行礼送走这个人回头看看那些碗呀,碟子的,我洗刷刷,洗刷刷,洗刷刷&&。
在接待的过程中,有很多细节需要注意。比如说,给客人上菜的时候要报菜名,还要说:&ごゆっくりどうぞ(请慢用)&。然后要是有客人叫你的时候要赶紧答应一声后跑过去问:&お呼びでしょうか/何でしょうか(您叫我么/有什么事)&。一切以客人为先哦,就算你手上有工作也要停下来,不可以要客人等的(会被店长念哦)。还有就是一些常用的词汇不能弄错,像&なす(茄子)&,&なし(梨)&,&デザート(甜点)&,&デパート(大厦)&。还记得在宾馆的餐馆里打工时就闹过一个笑话。正餐结束后会给客人上甜点,所以在上菜的时候要和客人说:Ο:&食事を終わったら、デザートを付けますので、ごゆっくりどうぞ(正餐结束后有甜点赠送,请慢用)&。这时,有位工友去给客人上菜,微笑的对客人说:Χ:&食事を終わったら、デパートを付けますので、ごゆっくりどうぞ(正餐结束后有楼房赠送,请慢用)&。虽然马上改了口,客人还是很惊奇的念叨:还有这好事,吃完饭就给楼房(笑死了,不能呼吸)。这种事情其实对于各位打工同仁是很常见的,稍微一走神可能就把相近的词说错了。还有&させる&,记得是自己要干什么,请别人允许自己做某事。有些同学可能会分不清,以为只要是敬语,谦语就可以用,用错了会闹笑话哦。本来是想说:Ο:&XXX資料を送付していただけませんか(请您把XXX资料给我)&。结果过于谦虚尊敬的说:Χ:&XXX資料を送付させていただけませんか(请允许我把XXX资料给你)&。囧,完全相反的两句话啊~总结的不是很多,不要扔鸡蛋哈。都是打工中一定会用到的日语哦。剩下的就靠大家发挥了。其实打工日语就是敬语和谦语的活用,掌握了敬谦语的语法,面对客人也就不会说不出话了吧,毕竟没有人会嫌弃你太过客气。但是,不能用错哦,用错了就可能南辕北辙咯,吼吼&&
日语学习之五十音图记忆法
日语发音以五十音图为基础,比中文的拼音还要重要,一定学好五十音图,才知道日语是怎样发音。
①先是竖着记=(*称为行)
あa かka さsa た な は ま や ら わ ん
いi きki しxi うu くku すsi えei けkei せsei おou こko そsou
②竖着记好后,衡着记(*称为段)
あa かka さsa たta なna はha まma やya らla わwa んn
いi きki しxi ちqi にni ひhi みmi ゐyi りli ゐyi
③记好后,记片假名,片假名是平假名的变体,有很多单词因是外来语,所以片假名,也需要记好!
あ=ア か=カ さ=サ た=タ な=ナ は=ハ ま=マ や=ヤ ら=ラ わ=ワ
い=イ き=キ し=シ ち=チ に=ニ ひ=ヒ み=ミ ゐ=ヰ り=リ ゐ=ヰ
う=ウ く=ク す=ス つ=ツ ぬ=ヌ ふ=フ む=ム う=ウ る=ル う=ウ
え=エ け=ケ せ=セ て=テ ね=ネ へ=ヘ め=メ ゑ=ヱ れ=レ ゑ=ヱ
ん=ン (日本现在ゐ=ヰ,ゑ=ヱ,以经不用了)
④日语除五十音以外,还有浊音,破裂音,摩擦音,鼻音,流音,半母音,狭母音在日语中起很大作用。
が ざ だ ば ぱ きゃ ぎゃ しゃ じゃ ちゃ ぢゃ にゃ ひゃ みゃ
ぎ じ ぢ び ぴ
ぐ ず づ ぶ ぷ きゅ ぎゅ しゅ じゅ ちゅ ぢゅ にゅ ひゅ みゅ
げ ぜ で べ ぺ
ご ぞ ど ぼ ぺ きょ ぎょ しょ じょ ちょ ぢょ にょ ひょ みょ
近況(きんきょう),郵便局(ゆうびんきょく)=郵電局,病院=(びょういん)ジャスミン=茉莉花等。
最近,随着时代的变化,片假名越来越多了,浊音也很多。
例; パソコン=电脑 ホームページ=网页 サッカー=足球 オリンピック=奥林匹克
優秀=ゆうしゅう 入学(にゅうがく) 病院=びょういん 卒業=そつぎょう
野球=やきゅう(棒球) 蝶々=ちょうちょう(蝴蝶)&=りゅうがく 等々。
中国古汉语的经典英文口译
温总理在本次记者招待会上,引用了《战国策》中的一句&行百里者半九十&。那么,《战国策》的英文名称是什么呢?
Stratagems of the Warring States
这就是《战国策》名称的英译。有不少我们常用的成语就是出自《战国策》,比如:
鹬蚌相争,渔翁得利
这个成语我们可以翻译成:a quarrel which benefits only a third party
或者借用()(论坛)中一句相应的俗语:When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.这句俗语翻译成中文,也有&螳螂捕蝉,黄雀在后&的意思。借用英语中的固定表达法来翻译成语,是一个很好的方法,同学们要记得平时多多积累这方面的知识哦。
当然,在不怎么正式的场合,这个成语我们也可以简单翻译成:Two dogs strive for a Bone, and a third runs away with it.
同样,这个成语也可以借用英语中现成的表达法:gild the lily,给百合花镀金,当然就是画蛇添足的意思啦。
A crafty person has more than one hideout
这个成语出自一个典故,意为当很多人都以讹传讹的时候,谎言也就成了真理
可以翻译成:A lie, if repeated often enough, will be accepted as truth.
肯尼迪总统曾在自己的讲话中引用这个成语,他说的是:to seek power by riding the back of the tiger
总理也引用了《离骚》中的一句:亦余心之所善兮,虽九死其犹未悔
我们也先来看《离骚》名字的翻译吧:The Sorrow of Separation
同样,其中的名句也有很多,比如这一句:
民生各有所乐兮,余独好修以为常。
可以翻译成:Everybody has his own interest, but I especially love moral cultivation.
口译中有时候不需要太讲究字眼,一定要翻译得和原文一样文采斐然,最重要的是抓住意思,第一保证准确,第二保证句式通顺易于理解。
&兄弟虽有小忿,不废懿亲&这一句则是出自《左传》,是春秋时期鲁国史官左丘明所著,所以书名可以翻译成:
Zuo's Commentary
和《战国策》一样,《左传》中也有不少成语:
这个成语的翻译我们可以借用毛主席的一句名言:一切反动派都是纸老虎。a paper tiger 是当时对这句话的直译,用在这里也非常贴切。
这个成语是指敌人兵临城下时被逼签订的合约,所以可以直接翻译成:a forced "treaty of peace"
多行不义必自毙
这句铿锵有力,而翻译时我们也可以借用英文中的一句俗语:Give a thief rope enough and he will hang himself.只是相比原文,气势不够。但如果在现场翻译中遇到这句,同学们就可以以现成的英语表达法来应急;如果觉得还可以有更好的翻译,那就要靠平时自己多琢磨啦,然后有机会的话,也可以像我们的美女口译员张璐那样,给出精彩的翻译哦。
口译学习:温家宝总理答记者问翻译
3月14日上午,国务院总理温家宝在人民大会堂三楼金色大厅与采访十一届全国人大四次会议的中外记者见面并回答记者提出的问题。备考口译的同学可以好好学习一下这些句子的翻译,其中不少就已经出现在历年的口译考试中哦。点击查看现场口译视频和文字稿&&
温总理在讲话中经常引用经典:
点击查看引用《二十四诗品》的句子翻译解析&& 引用《左传》翻译解析&&
一下是一些口译考试中常见的句型词汇翻译整理:
我们要有忧患意识,始终保持清醒的头脑.
We must be fully mindful of potential dangers and keep a cool head.
把转变经济增长方式作为主线
take transformation of economic development pattern as priority task
在这两条道路当中走出一条光明的路
strike a right balance between these two roads
常用词组:strike a balance between A and B
economic aggregate
中国人口多、底子薄、发展不平衡
a large population, weak economic foundation and uneven development
深层次问题
underlying problems
香港背靠祖国
Hong Kong with strong back in motherland
(中级口译二阶段考试考到过)
同国际经济接轨的完备法律法规
full-fledged legal system that is consistent with international practice
full-fledged:完全张开翅膀的,成熟的,完备的
香港经历了两次金融危机,都经受住了考验.
Hong Kong has withstood the test of two financial crises
人民币离岸的结算中心
offshore RMB business center
充裕的财政收入和雄厚的外汇储备
sufficient government revenues and ample foreign exchange reserve
我们将坚持&一国两制&的方针,认真执行&港人治港&、高度自治,严格遵守基本法。
We will adhere to the principle of &one country , two systems&, &Hong Kong people administrating Hong Kong and a high degree of high autonomy. We will act in strict accordance with the basic law.
(中级口译二阶段考试考到过)
高物价、高房价已经直接影响到老百姓日常的生活
Rising commodity prices and housing prices have exerted direct impact on the day-to-day life of ordinary Chinese people.
通货膨胀就像一只老虎,如果放出来就很难再关进去。
Inflation is like a tiger. Once set free, it will be very difficult to bring the tiger back into its cage.
大幅度波动
drastic fluctuation
carry-over effects
(翘尾因素也称滞后影响,是计算同比价格指数中独有的、上年商品价格上涨对下一年价格指数的影响部分。)
至于房价,我们也是三管齐下。
Our measures to bring down housing price are three fold.
有管理的浮动汇率制度
a managed and floating RMB change rate regime
保障性住房
government-subsidized housing units
give up halfway
真正实行问责制
we must exercise strict accountability system
公租房和廉租房
public rental housing and low-rent housing
文化传统是一个国家的灵魂,文化传统更具有感召力和凝聚力,我们一定要充分发扬祖国的文化传统。
Culture is the soul of a nation and cultural tradition is a strong sauce of inspiration and cohesiveness. We must bring into full play the strength of China&s cultural heritage.
去年大陆与台湾的贸易额超过1400亿美元,台湾的顺差达到860亿美元.
In the last year ,cross-straits trade exceeded $140b, with Tai wan running a surplus of $86b.
我们是同胞,骨肉之亲,析而不殊。
We are compatriots and I believe brothers, though geographically apart, will always be bonded by their blood ties.
(把意思译出来, 析而不殊,意即海峡两岸同胞虽然分开,但却不会隔绝、不会失联。)
我应该像一个战士一样,在自己的岗位上坚持到最后一天,做到忧国不谋身,恪尽职守。
I should continue to do my job diligently on this position as devoted as a soldier. I always have the interests of the country in my mind and I pursue no personal gains. I will continue to perform. my duties conscientiously.
三天以前,日本遭受了历史上罕见的特大地震灾害,给日本人民的生命财产造成了巨大的损失。
Japan was hit by a devastating earthquake three days ago. The earthquake has inflicted enormous life and property losses.
我想借此机会,向在这次灾难中遇难的日本人民表示深切的哀悼,向全体日本人民表示诚挚的慰问。
I want to use today&s opportunity to extend our deep condolences to the lost lives in this disaster and express our sympathy to Japanese people.
翻译知识:“禁止”不要再翻译成Don't
与汉语类似,同样的意思在()中也可有多种表达方式,而不同表达方式之间的差别往往在于语气和情感,语气和情感的选择又取决于具体的环境,所以英语翻译一定要考虑具体的场合与对象,考虑被提示对象的阅读心理与情感,意思正确只是翻译的第一步。下面我们以提示语为例进行说明。
在中国的公共场所,我们随处都可以看到&禁止入内&、&禁止踏草坪&以及&违者罚款&等字眼。&禁止&翻译成英语就是&Don't&,在英文中,&Don't&口气比较生硬,缺乏委婉之意。如&Don't pick the flowers&(禁止摘花),&Don't throw something out of the train&(禁止往车窗外扔东西),&Don't tread on the lawn&(禁止践踏草坪),&Don't make noise&(禁止喧哗)等,这些句子无论是在语法上还是意思上都非常正确,但并不建议大家这么翻译。因为&Don't&使这些句子语气显得太重,易使人产生距离感。
公共场合应该营造的是一种快乐随意的气氛,让大家身心愉快。一定程度的善意提醒是必要的,但是应该尽力避免生硬。而且英语是一种比较强调委婉的语言,一般不会在公园这样的地方使用Don't这样生硬的词。如&禁止摘花&可译做&Keep away from the flowers , please .&或者&Take care of the flowers, please.&同样表达一个意思,但这两句让人看了很舒服,一种爱花的心情油然&牌&上,与竖牌人的初衷一致。尤其&take care of&短语本身带有拟人色彩,将花看成是一个baby,提醒人们像爱护和关心baby一样去爱护花木。如此,树立这个牌子的目的便达到了。再比如,&Don't make noise&(禁止喧哗)这种牌子也经常看到,我们完全可以将它译为&Quiet , please.&既简练,又标准。因此公共场合不用&Don't&照样能够达到如期的效果。
此外有些公共场所的提示语在英语中往往有其固定的用法,如&No spitting&(禁止吐痰),&No smoking&(禁止吸烟)等等,需要提醒一点的是,No与Don't不一样,前者更多地被用在中性语境中。我们见到&不许动&,脑海中立即闪现&Don't move&, 而事实上外国警察所说的却是&Freeze&,或者&Hold it&。见到&动我就打死你&自然想到&If you move, I'll shoot you.&,而外国警察常说的却是&Move and you are dead, man.&所以,我们应该掌握外国人在类似情况下的表达习惯,而不是按照自己的思维和表达方式进行翻译,虽然有时词可达意,但毕竟不够地道。
名师指导:中级笔译翻译技巧之增译法
英汉两种语言在句法、词汇、修辞等方面均存在着很大的差异,因此在进行英汉互译时必然会遇到很多困难,需要有一定的翻译技巧作指导。常用的翻译技巧有增译法、省译法、转换法、拆句法、合并法、正译法、反译法、倒置法、包孕法、插入法、重组法和综合法等。这些技巧不但可以运用于笔译之中,也可以运用于口译过程中,而且应该用得更加熟练,因为口译工作的特点决定了译员没有更多的时间进行思考。
增译法:指根据英汉两种语言不同的思维方式、语言习惯和表达方式,在翻译时增添一些词、短句或句子,以便更准确地表达出原文所包含的意义。这种方式多半用在汉译英里。汉语无主句较多,而()句子一般都要有主语,所以在翻译汉语无主句的时候,除了少数可用英语无主句、被动语态或"There be&"结构来翻译以外,一般都要根据语境补出主语,使句子完整。英汉两种语言在名词、代词、连词、介词和冠词的使用方法上也存在很大差别。英语中代词使用频率较高,凡说到人的器官和归某人所有的或与某人有关的事物时,必须在前面加上物主代词。因此,在汉译英时需要增补物主代词,而在英译汉时又需要根据情况适当地删减。英语词与词、词组与词组以及句子与句子的逻辑关系一般用连词来表示,而汉语则往往通过上下文和语序来表示这种关系。因此,在汉译英时常常需要增补连词。英语句子离不开介词和冠词。另外,在汉译英时还要注意增补一些原文中暗含而没有明言的词语和一些概括性、注释性的词语,以确保译文意思的完整。总之,通过增译,一是保证译文语法结构的完整,二是保证译文意思的明确。如:
(1)What about calling him right away?
马上给他打个电话,你觉得如何? (增译主语和谓语)
(2)If only I could see the realization of the four modernizations.
要是我能看到四个现代化实现该有多好啊!(增译主句)
(3) Indeed, the reverse is true
实际情况恰好相反。(增译名词)
(4)就是法西斯国家本国的人民也被剥夺了人权。
Even the people in the fascist countries were stripped of their human rights.(增译物主代词)
(5)只许州官放火,不许百姓点灯。
While the magistrates were free to burn down house, the common people were forbidden to light lamps. (增译连词)
(6)这是我们两国人民的又一个共同点。
This is yet another common point between the people of our two countries.(增译介词)
(7)在人权领域,中国反对以大欺小、以强凌弱。
In the field of human rights, China opposes the practice of the big oppressing the small and the strong bullying the weak.(增译暗含词语)
(8)三个臭皮匠,合成一个诸葛亮。
Three cobblers with their wits combined equal Zhuge Liang the mastermind.(增译注释性词语)
将“爱”说出来:英汉情话互译
No matter the ending is perfect or not, you cannot disappear from my world.
我的世界不允许你的消失,不管结局是否完美。
Love is a carefully designed lie.
爱情是一个精心设计的谎言
Promises are often like the butterfly, which disappear after beautiful hover.
承诺常常很像蝴蝶,美丽的飞盘旋然后不见
If you weeped for the missing sunset,you would miss all the shining stars
如果你为着错过夕阳而哭泣,那么你就要错群星了
To feel the flame of dreaming and to feel the moment of dancing,when all the romance is far away,the eternity is always there
感受梦的火焰,感觉飞舞瞬间,当一切浪漫遥远,永恒依然
There are no trails of the wings in the sky, while the birds has flied away.
天空没有翅膀的痕迹,而鸟儿已飞过
No one indebted for others,while many people don't know how to cherish others.
没有谁对不起谁,只有谁不懂得珍惜谁.
Eternity is not a distance but a decision.
永远不是一种距离,而是一种决定。
Dreaming in the memory is not as good as waiting for the paradise in the hell
在回忆里继续梦幻不如在地狱里等待天堂
Where there is great love, there are always miracles.
哪里有真爱存在,哪里就有奇迹。
I need him like I need the air to breathe.
我需要他,正如我需要呼吸空气。
Love is a vine that grows into our hearts.
爱是长在我们心里的藤蔓。
If I know what love is, it is because of you.
因为你,我懂得了爱。
We cease loving ourselves if no one loves us.
如果没有人爱我们,我们也就不会再爱自己了。
Brief is life, but love is long.
生命虽短,爱却绵长。
My heart is with you.
我的爱与你同在。
I miss you so much already and I haven't even left yet!
尽管还不曾离开,我已对你朝思暮想!
I'll think of you every step of the way.
我会想你,在漫漫长路的每一步。
Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you.&&
无论你身在何处,无论你为何忙碌,我都会在此守候。
Every day without you is like a book without pages.
没有你的日子就像一本没有书页的书。
Love is hard to get into, but harder to get out of.
爱很难投入,但一旦投入,便更难走出。
No words are necessary between two loving hearts.
两颗相爱的心之间不需要言语。
Precious things are very few in this world. That is the reason there is just one you.
在这世上珍贵的东西总是罕有,所以这世上只有一个你。
You make my heart smile.
我的心因你而笑。
To the world you may be just one person. To the person you may be the world.
对于世界,你可能只是一个人,但对于某个人,你却是整个世界。
You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her.
你不会因为美丽去爱一个女人,但她却会因为你的爱而变得美丽。
Love is not a matter of counting the days. It's making the days count.
爱情不是数着日子过去,它让每个日子都变得有意义。
With the wonder of your love, the sun above always shines.
拥有你美丽的爱情,太阳就永远明媚。
Love is a fabric that nature wove and fantasy embroidered.
爱情是一方织巾,用自然编织,用幻想点缀。
Love without end hath no end.
情绵绵,爱无边。
Love me little and love me long.
不求情意绵绵,但求天长地久。
When the words "I love you" were said by you for the first time, my world blossoms.
第一次听到你对我说"我爱你",我的世界一瞬间鲜花绽开。
Tell me you are mine. I'll be yours through all the years, till the end of time.
请告诉我你是我的。岁岁年年,我都属于你,永远永远。
If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.
假如每次想起你我都会得到一朵鲜花,那么我将永远在花丛中徜徉。
Within you I lose myself, without you I find myself wanting to be lost again.
有了你,我迷失了自我。失去你,我多么希望自己再度迷失。
At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
每一个沐浴在爱河中的人都是诗人。
Look into my eyes & you will see what you mean to me.
看看我的眼睛,你会发现你对我而言意味着什么。
Distance makes the hearts grow fonder.
距离使两颗心靠得更近。
“至于你信不信,我反正信了”N个版本的翻译
1. Normal正常版:I believe it, whether you believe it or not.
2. College exam(High score)作文高分版:I don&t care whether you believe it or not. I just do.
3. Google 谷歌机翻版:As you believe, I believed anyway.
【注】:意思完全颠倒有没有
4. Shakespeare莎翁版:&Tis not mine interest wherest thy mind doth stand, for mine own thoughts shan&t e&er be swayed by thee.
【注】:&tis = it is
Thy = your
Thee = you (When &you& is the object of the sentence.)
*must be written in iambic pentameter (rhythm of pairing ten syllables for each line into five pairs)
5. Rap版:Uh, yo check it. Don&t be hollering at me about yo beliefs 'Cause imma tell it to you straight right here, before you open yo mouth, you&re gonna see that I really don&t give a damn, we clear?
【注】:Yo = hey (1) /your (2)
Imma = im going to
Cause = because
Check it = listen
to give a damn about sth. 在意,重视
*Raps have to rhyme as well.
6.&版:Nevertheless, I will not put your ideas into any consideration as I continue to uphold my beliefs as to what is true.
【注】:中国特色长句
7. Colloquial Slang:Even if you don&t buy it, I do.
【注】:Buy it 有&相信&&接受某种说法&的意思
8. Online chat/MSN:w/e, I believe it no matter wut.
【注】:w/e = whatever
wut = what
9. Lady Gaga版:Oh oh, oh oh
I believe it, whether you believe it or not
Oh oh, oh oh
I believe it, whether you believe it or not
believe, belieeeeeeve,believe, belieeeeeeve
believe, belieeeeeeve,believe, Gaga
believe, belieeeeeeve,believe, belieeeeeeve
believe, belieeeeeeve,believe, Gaga
最“中国”的英文地名翻译
都说Pearl harbour是& 珍珠港&的意思,其实还有更中土的翻译: 蚌埠。
都说Greenland是&格陵兰&的意思,其实还有更中土的翻译:青岛。
都说Deep River是宇多田光的专辑,其实它还有另外一个神奇的名字叫"深圳"。
都说Newfoundland是纽芬兰,其实有更北京的翻译:新发地。
都说rock hometown是&摇滚之乡&的 意思,其实还有更中土的翻译:石家庄。
都说New York是&纽约&的意思,其实还有更中土的翻译:新乡。
都说RedRiverValley是&红河谷&的意思,其实还有更中土的翻译:丹江口。
都说Table mountain 叫桌山,其实还有个更土的名字叫平顶山
都说Phoenix是&凤凰城&的意思,其实还有更中土的翻译:宝鸡。
都说Portsmouth是& 朴茨茅斯&的意思,其实还有更中土的翻译: 浦口 。
都说open horizon是&一 望无际的原野&的意思,其实还有更社会主义的翻译:平壤。
都说Broadway是百老汇,其实还有还有更中土的翻译:宽街。
都说Tiger Woods是老虎伍兹,其实还有更中土的名字:林彪。
都说5th Avenue是第五大道的意思,其实还有更中土的翻译:五道口。
都说Mont Blanc是万宝龙,其实有更中土的翻译:长白山
都说 Wolfsburg是沃尔夫斯堡,其实还有更中土的翻译:狼窝铺(中国河北省滦县杏山乡)
都说Queensland是昆士兰,其实还有还有更中土的翻译:秦皇岛。
都说Westfield是韦斯特菲尔德,其实还有更中土的翻译:西单旋转
Evergreen不是常青树&&是长春
以后见到Kingston一律译成皇上屯!(亮了!)
英文综合祝福语录
From majestic mountains and valleys of green to crystal clear waters so blue, this wish is coming to you.
越过青翠的峻岭和山谷,直到晶莹湛蓝的水边,飞来了我对你的祝愿。
It's joy to know you, wishing the nicest things always for you, not only today, but all the year through because you are really a joy to know.
认识你是一种快慰,愿你永远拥有最美好的东西,不仅今天拥有,而且天天拥有,因为认识你真是一种慰藉。
A friend is a loving companion at all times.
朋友是永久的知心伴侣。
When I think of you the miles between us disappear.
当我想起你,相隔千里,如在咫尺。
You're wonderful friend, and I treasure you more with every year.
你是一位难得的挚友,我对你的珍重与岁俱增。
Precious things are very few&That must be why there's just one for you.
可贵的东西世间稀少&这正是为什么属于你的只有我一个。
I love you more than I can say.
我真不知该如何表达我对你的爱。
Thinking of you still makes my heart beat fastest!
想到你依然叫我心跳骤然加快!
You are in my thoughts every minute of the day, in my dream every hour of the night.
白天,每分每秒我都在想念你,夜晚,每时每刻我都在梦见你。
Think of me sometimes while Alps and ocean divide us, but they ever will, unless you wish it. (Byron)
长相思,天涯海角;情不断,山水难隔。
You're everything to me.
你是我的一切。
With warmth and understanding at this time of sorrow&and friendship that is yours for all the tomorrows.
在这悲伤的时刻,请接受我的慰问和心意&&还有永远属于你的永恒的友谊。
We would do anything to ease your sorrow if we only could.
如果有可能,我们愿做任何事以稍释你的悲痛。
I hope you can find a little comfort in the knowledge that your grief is shared by so many friends who are thinking of you.
你知道吗?很多思念你的朋友在分担你的悲伤,希望你能感到安慰些。
At this time of sorrow, deep sympathy goes to you and yours.
在这悲戚的时刻,谨向你和你的亲人致以深切的慰问。
婴儿诞生 Baby&
Congratulations and best wishes on your NEW BABY!
衷心祝贺新生儿诞生,并致以最良好的祝愿!
How wonderful it is to hear about your baby!
Congratulations to you and the lucky little one.
欣闻得娇儿,令人无比快慰,
祝贺你俩和你们幸运的小宝贝!
On the birth of your child,May the precious new life you've brought into the world bring you a world of new joys.
在你俩喜得贵子之日,愿新生的小宝贝给你们带来数不尽的新欢乐!
Congratulations! May your son bring you happiness.
恭喜你们,并祝愿你们的儿子给你们带来幸福。
Two dears, sweet Twins! What fun! How nice! You've been blessed&&not once&&but twice.
一对逗人喜欢的双胞胎!多么开怀!多么可爱!你们不是一次得到上帝祝福,而是两次获得青睐!&
感谢篇 Acknowledgement
Your kindness means so much.
你的关心铭记在心。
Your thoughtfulness has given me great joy.
你的体贴关怀给了我巨大的欣慰。
I cannot sufficiently express my thanks for your thoughtful kindness.
对于你给予我的无微不至的关怀,不胜感谢。
Thanks a million.
万分感谢!
It is at a time like this that one really appreciates the kindness of a friend.
只有在这样的时刻,一个人才会真正领略到朋友的深情厚意。
Your sympathy has brought us great comfort.
你的慰问给我带来了莫大的安慰。
Thank you for the gift.
We appreciate your kindness and we shall always cherish this lovely gift from you.
谢谢你馈赠礼品,
我们感激你的盛情,永远珍爱你给我们的漂亮的馈礼。
I cannot tell you how delighted I was with the beautiful birthday present you gave me.
我无法告诉你我收到你馈送的漂亮的生日礼物,我是多么的高兴。
You couldn't have given me anything that I would enjoy more.
你送给我的礼物真是让我太高兴了。
Thank you for your gracious hospitality.
感谢你们的亲切款待。
I can't remember when I had a more pleasant time.
这是我度过的最愉快的时光。
成功篇 Success
Congratulations, Graduate,
on all that you've accomplished&
Good luck in all that you'll achieve.
祝贺你,毕业生,
祝贺你取得的一切成绩&
愿你日后一切顺利。
Congratulations on your graduation!
Wishing you a future filled with success
and joy of seeing your dreams come true.
It's such a pleasure to have a special
reason to congratulate you.
祝你学成毕业!
愿你前程似锦,
事事如愿以偿。
今日贺君有因,
倍感欣慰欢畅!
Congratulations on your being graduated from high school.
It's a wonderful feeling to have reached this milestone,
and I envy you the opportunities that lie ahead.
恭喜你高中毕业!能达到这一段人生里程一定很兴奋吧,祝你前途无量!
祝贺考试过关
Congratulations on your success in the national college entrance examination. I beg you to take this little gift as a souvenir.
恭贺高考旗开得胜,奉上礼物以作纪念。
祝贺获得学位
Congratulations! Earning your Master's degree is an achievement of note, and I hope you are feeling proud and happy&&as you deserve.
获得硕士学位是一项引人瞩目的成就,我希望你为此感到骄傲和欢欣,因为你当之无愧。祝贺你!
You have now satisfied a lifelong ambition and can write Ph. D. after your name! My heartiest congratulations and best wishes for every future success.
你已经满意地实现了一项终身的抱负,可以在你的名字后面写上Ph.D了,向你表示衷心的祝贺,并预祝你将来事事成功。
Your honor brings to all of us.
你的荣誉给我们带来了荣耀。
Congratulations on your success!
恭贺成功!
I wish you every success in the future, You are worthy success.
我祝你来日事业成功,出类拔萃,成功当之无愧。
It's wonderful to know that you have completed the dream of a lifetime.
非常高兴得知你实现了一生的理想。
Congratulations on your promotion.
I hope your new dewelling will bring you and your family loads of fortune and good health.
谨祝你的新居将为你全家带来鸿运。&
婚庆篇 Marriage
A wish to two happy people for a future of dreams comes true, Congratulations!
祝两个幸福的人儿,来日美梦都成现实。祝贺你们!
Only once in a lifetime that a special dream comes true.
And suddenly your entire world seems beautiful and new.
Best wishes always!
一生中只有一次美梦实现的奇迹,你俩的整个世界顿时变得绚丽新奇。
祝永远幸福!
You two are a perfect match. Here's wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.
你们是天生的一对,祝你们永远幸福。
We never knew two people better suited to each other.
我们从未见过如此般配的一对。
You're the luckiest guy in the world.
你是世界上最幸运的人儿。
God bless you and yours, and surround you ever with his blessing.
愿上帝祝福你和你的爱人,永远赐福于你们。
May you two always be in love! May happiness increase with age.
愿你俩永浴爱河,祝你俩幸福与年俱增。
Wishing you a world of happiness and love as all your dreams come true.
但愿天从人愿,幸福与爱情无边!
He must be extra special,
because he is marrying a lovely girl.
新娘如此可爱,
新郎必定英俊不凡。
May the joy you share on your wedding day
Be the kind you'll share all along life's way.
愿你俩婚礼之日分享的喜悦,
将伴随你俩共度人生的岁月。
I wish you many more anniversaries each happier than the last.
愿你们有更多周年纪念日,一年比一年更幸福。
On your SILVER WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Yesterday& memories,
Today& happiness.
Always& love.
恭贺你俩银婚之禧!
昨天是回忆,
今天是幸福,
永远是爱情。
Happy anniversary!
May the years ahead fulfill all your hope.
祝结婚周年快乐,愿今后年年如愿以偿。
I look forward to greeting you on your golden wedding anniversary.
May you have many gold years.
在您们金婚纪念日之际,向您们表示祝贺,祝你们有更多的金色岁月。
It was love that brought you two together, love that joined your hearts as one. And may you find with each new year your love has just begun.
是爱情把你们结合在一起,
是爱情使你们心连心,
愿你们发现,年年岁岁你们都像初萌爱心。
健康篇 Health
Wishing you a quick return to good health.
愿你尽快恢复健康!
Hurry up and get better.
祝您早日康复。
Hoping you're feeling better every day and will soon be well to stay.
愿你一天比一天更好,早日痊愈,健康常保。
A great big wish that you'll soon be back in tip-top condition.
深深地祝愿你早日痊愈,健康无与伦比!
Get better soon, and stay well for keeps.
早日康复,永葆健康。&
一般祝愿 Wishes
All the best!
祝你万事如意!
Every success in your business.
祝你在事业上一切成功。
May you succeed!
祝你成功!
I wish you success in the examination!
祝你考试成功!
May you succeed!
祝你成功!