them,have no rules,we,make,to,help,rules 连词

小题1:A小题2:B小题3:D小题4:A小题5:C小题6:A小题7:D小题8:C小题9:B小题10:C小题11:C小题12:D小题13:C小题14:A小题15:B小题16:D小题17:A小题18:B小题19:D小题20:B小题1:本题考查介词。guide-book in hand是独立主格结构,作状语,表示方式。小题2:本题考查动词。了解一座城市的方式很多,其中之一就是环城徒步旅行,当然,我们还可以借助guide-book来研究(study)其历史和特有的(special)的发展并了解他们。我们不能借助导游手册来写(write)其历史,也不需要讲述(tell)和记忆(remember)其历史。小题3:本题考查形容词。special是指这个城市所特有的。小题4:本题考查连词。上文讲我们可以借助导游手册研究其历史和发展,下文讲如果我们从容一点,在一个城市小住几天,则对其了解更多。此间有转折的意思。小题5:本题考查动词。小题6:本题考查动词短语。look at 在本题中有“考虑,判断”的意思,look at …as a whole意思是“从整体上看”。小题7:本题考查名词。下文有动词answer,此处是先行词,在定语从句中用answer的宾语,只有questions才能构成动宾关系。小题8:本题考查介词。介词like意思是“像”。小题9:本题考查动词。run在这里意思是“延伸;延续;继续”(stretch)。例如:The road runs along the river bank. 这条路沿着河边一直延伸。小题10:本题考查形容词。in any other way以其它方式小题11:本题考查动词。fail在这里的意思是“使……失望”。从上下文看出,导游手册也不能回答以上这些问题。小题12:本题考查形容词。present adj 现在的,当前的。小题13:本题考查名词。the original design of a town一座城市最初的设计。小题14:本题考查动词。what it used to look like 城市过去的样子,与上文the original design of a town相响应。小题15:本题考查连词。选项A是疑问代词,用在此处语法结构错误;选项C和D分别指这座城市首次建造的时间和地点,与上文the original design of a town和what it used to look like没有联系;选项B表示这座城市设计建造的方式。小题16:本题考查动词。与上句一致,意思是人们还能更多地了解这座城市未来继续发展方向。小题17:本题考查名词。point在本句的意思是“用途,目的”。Begin your work now. There’s no point in wasting time. 现在就开始你的工作吧,耗时间没用。小题18:本题考查副词。nearly几乎;generally一般地;hardly几乎不,都不符合题意。simply仅仅,只是。作者以这种方式去了解一座城市的原因很简单,仅仅是通过亲眼去看,去感受一个人就能更获得更大的快乐。小题19:本题考查形容词。personal亲自的,亲身的,与上一句里的visiting and seeing a town with one’s own eyes意思相一致。小题20:本题考查介词。前面有比较级better,这里当然用介词than。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Make the most of collegeDear Daughter,As we drove off from Columbia, I wanted to write a letter to you to tell you all that is on my mind.First, I want to tell you how proud we are. Getting into Columbia is a real testament( 证明)of what a great well-rounded student you are. You should be as proud of yourself as we are.Your college years will be the most important of your life. It is in college that you will discover what learning is about. This will be the period when you go from teacher-taught to master-inspired, after which you must become self-learner. So do take each subject seriously, and even if what you learn isn’t extremely impotant for your life, the learning skills you gain will be something you will cherish(怀念) forever. Follow your passion in college. Take courses you think you will enjoy. Don’t be trapped by what others think or say, but make up your own mind.Most importantly, make friends and be happy. College friends are often the best in life. Pick a few friends and become really close to them – pick the ones who are sincere and honest to you.& Don’t worry about their hobbies, grades, looks or even personalities. Start planning early – what would you like to do? Where would you like to live? What would you like to learn? I think your plan to study fashion is good,& and you should decide where you want to be, and get onto the right courses. Whether it is summer-planning, or coursework planning, or picking a major,& or managing your time, you should take control of your life. I will always be there for you, but the time has come for you to be in the driver’s seat – this is your life, and you need to be in control. Being in control feels great. Try it, and you’ll love it!College is the four years where you have: l&The greatest amount of free timel&the first chance to be independentl&the most flexibility(灵活性)to changel&the lowest risk for making mistakesSo please treasure your college years – make the best of your free time, become an independent thinker in control of your destiny(命运), be bold(敢于冒险的) to experiment, learn and grow through your successes and challenges.May your years at Columbia be the happiest of your life, and may you become just what you dream to be.Love,Dad (&Mom)小题1:What does the author think college life holds in store for his daughter? ______A.UncertaintyB.Pure enjoyment.C.Successes and challenges.D.Experimentation with life.小题2:What does the author advise his daughter to do in college?______A.Plan everything.B.Party with friends in her free time. C.Ignore what others think or say.D.Treasure and make the best of her college years.小题3:Which of these pieces of advice is given in the article?_____a. think and live independentlyb. learn how to learnc. choose friends with similar personalitiesd. be genuine and sinceree. try new thingsA.abcB.bceC.cdeD.abe小题4:From the text, we can conclude the father ______.A.is worried about his daughterB.is optimistic about his daughter’s futureC.is strict with his daughterD.is sad that his daughter is leaving home
题型:完形填空
It was just getting dark. There was a touch of fog and I was on a lonely stretch of road. &&36 I was going along cheerfully, thinking about the dinner I would eat when I got to Salistury .I was going along&& 37&at about thirty-five miles an hour when suddenly I heard a scream, a& 38&scream--- “ Help! ” I looked round, but the only&& 39&of life was a large, black, rather suspicious--looking(可疑的)car just&& 40&&a bend in the road about a hundred yards away. That was where the cry had come from. I&& 41&&speed and went after it. I think the driver saw what I was doing, for he did the same and began to draw&& 42&&me. As I drew near, the girl’s voice came again, a lovely voice but trembling with&& 43&&.“Let me go, you’re hurting me. Oh ! Oh ! ”I felt my&& 44&&boil. The fog was coming down&& 45&&now, and the countryside was lonelier. I had no& 46&that the murderous guy in the car noticed this. Again came a cry.“Drop that knife, you fool. Oh ! ” Then a cry and a groan(呻吟).If I was to save her, it was now or&& 47&. Perhaps even now I was too late. But if I couldn’t save the girl, I would at least try to bring the murderer to&& 48&. The car was only a couple of yards away now. I drove the bike right across its&& 49&, and its brakes(刹车)screamed as the driver tried to pull it over and&&50&&into the ditch(沟)at the side of the road. The door of the car was pushed open angrily and a dark, evil-looking fellow stepped out .“You fool!” he shouted as he came towards me with his fist raised to hit me. But I was&& 51 &&than he. I put all I could into&& 52&&that would have knocked out Joe Louis. It&& 53&&him right on t his&& 54&&slowly bent under him, and he dropped to the ground without a sound. I rushed to the car, &&55&&open the door and looked inside. There was no girl there. Suddenly from the back of the car came a voice.“You have been listening to a radio play, Murder in Hollywood, with Mae Garbo and Clark Taylor. The news will follow immediately . ”小题1:A.AndB.ThoughC.ThereforeD.But小题2:A.quietlyB.quicklyC.carefullyD.nervously小题3:A.boy’sB.man’sC.woman’sD.driver’s小题4:A.personB.signC.soundD.form小题5:A.turningB.crossingC.goingD.driving小题6:A.slowed down B.put onC.added toD.took up小题7:A.right behindB.close toC.away fromD.near by小题8:A.joyB.sorrowC.fearD.anger小题9:A.tearsB.heartC.faceD.blood小题10:A.slighterB.thickerC.lowerD.harder小题11:A.needB.effortC.troubleD.doubt小题12:A.neverB.lateC.everD.then小题13:A.justiceB.courtC.lawyerD.sentence小题14:A.directionB.pathC.frontD.nose小题15:A.droveB.ranC.crashedD.sped小题16:A.slowerB.quickerC.tallerD.heavier小题17:A.an angerB.a fistC.a beatD.a blow小题18:A.caughtB.struckC.knockedD.beat小题19:A.chinB.fistsC.kneesD.body小题20:A.hitB.broughtC.pushedD.pulled
Recently, a& professor of philosophy in the United States has written a book called MoneyandtheMeaningofLife. He has discovered that how we deal with money in our day&to&day life has more meaning than we usually think. One of the exercises he asked his students to do is to keep a record of every penny they spend for a week. From the way they spend their money, they can see what they really value in life.He says that our relation with others often becomes clearly defined when money enters the picture. You might have wonderful friendship with somebody and you think that you have a very good friend. But you will know him only when you ask him to lend you some money. If he does, it brings something to the relationship that seems stronger than ever before. Or it can suddenly weaken the relationship if he doesn't. This person may say that he has a certain feeling, but if it is not carried out in the money world, there is something less real about it.Since money is so important to us, we consider those who possess a lot of it to be very important. The author interviewed some millionaires in researching his book.Question: What is the most surprising thing you have discovered about being rich?Answer: The most surprising thing is why people give me so much respect. I am nothing. I do not know much. All I am is rich.People just have an idea of making more and more money, but what is it for? In his book, the professor uncovered an important need in modern society: to bring back the idea that money is an instrument rather than the end. Money plays an important role in the material world, but expecting money to give happiness may be missing the meaning of life.小题1:The author seems to believe that asking your friend to lend you some money ________.A.is a good way to test your friendshipB.will do harm to your friendshipC.will strengthen your friendshipD.is a good way to break off your friendship小题2:What can we learn about the millionaire from his answer in the interview?A.He does not feel that he is well educated.B.He does not think that he is a very important person.C.He does not think that being rich is worth so much attention.D.He does not consider himself to be very successful.小题3:What does the American professor of philosophy want to explain in his book?A.Money is an end.B.Money is a means.C.Money is everything.D.Money is unimportant.小题4:Which of the following might the author disagree with?A.Money is important in modern society.B.The meaning of life does not completely lie in money.C.Wealth will surely bring the owner happinessD.Happiness is not necessarily the result of wealth.
Have you ever seen a movie in which a building was burnt down or a bridge was destroyed? Have you seen films in which a train crashed or a ship __21_ into the ocean? If so, you may have wondered how these things could happen without __22_the people in the film. The man who knows the __23__ is the “special-effects” man. He has one of the most important jobs in the film __24__. He may be __25__ to create a flood or to make a battlefield explode. But he may also be told to create a __26_ effect which is much less exciting, though just as important to the success of the film. In a __27__ for one movie there was a big glass bowl __28__with water in which small fish __29__ swimming. The director of the movie__30__ the fish to stop swimming suddenly __31_ they seemed to stare at(盯着) an actor. Then the director wanted the fish to stop staring and swim away. But fish suddenly __32__ be ordered to do anything. It was quite a __33_. The special-effects man __34_ about this problem for a long time. The result was an idea for __35_ the fish with a harmless use of electricity. __36__he applied electricity to the fish bowl causing the fish to be totally still(静止的). Then he rapidly reduced the __37__ of electricity allowing the fish to be free.& __38_ he got the humorous effect the director wanted. __39_in other parts of movie making there are those who have developed __40__ skill in creating certain kinds of effects. Jim White, who has been a special-effects man for thirty-two years, is best known for work with ships and airplanes.小题1:A.burnedB.sankC.fellD.dropped小题2:A.tellingB.harming C.protectingD.organizing小题3:A.replyB.questionC.messageD.secret小题4:A.factory B.makingC.fieldD.company小题5:A.forcedB.orderedC.allowedD.chosen小题6:A.terribleB.illC.goodD.special小题7:A.sceneB.stepC.stageD.room小题8:A.coveredB.askedC.filledD.fitted小题9:A.likedB.enjoyedC.wasD.were小题10:A.hopedB.wantedC.decidedD.designed小题11:A.whileB.sinceC.so thatD.as long as小题12:A.mustn’tB.may notC.shouldn’tD.can’t小题13:A.questionB.failureC.problemD.disappointment小题14:A.talkedB.setC.quarreledD.thought小题15:A.controllingB.operatingC.drivingD.lighting小题16:A.As a resultB.ImmediatelyC.FirstD.Above all小题17:A.priceB.numberC.amountD.speed小题18:A.EvenB.ThusC.FinallyD.Actually小题19:A.LikeB.SoC.AsD.Yet小题20:A.certainB.particularC.advanced D.careful
The trip to the United State opened my eyes to the fact that there are a lot of similarities as well as differences between American youth and French youth. The first difference is in appearance. Going around in the U.S., I found that American youth do not really care about their appearance. In the morning, they choose something in their closet and wear it with another thing, often of different colors and styles, without wondering whether their choices make them look strange. The reason behind this is that they don’t care what people look like, but are just interested in their ideas. I think it’s great, but it also causes problems. Since they don’t care about their appearance, they don’t really care about their weight. Often they get fat without realizing it.There are differences in relationships too. When the American youth fall in love, they don’t really think of the future. Also, there are differences in the rules concerning behavior that is allowed. In some respects, the French are more accepting. For example, in America it is generally unacceptable to make physical display of love. Lovers, actually, can’t kiss or hold each other everywhere they want. People think that not showing love in public places is a way to respect others. On the contrary, the French youth can do almost everything they want.As for other types of relationships, there are also big differences. Americans act differently from French people in front of unknown people. When an American girl, for example, arrives in front of people she has never met before, she will talk with them, trying to create a kind of tie between her and this new circle of people. The French girls will just think about rather than really do this kind of thing because they are too shy and lacking in self-confidence.To finish, I noticed that in American classes, when pupils want to say or ask something, they just do it. In general, they don’t really care how the others will judge them. In France, it’s not the same case. If somebody wants to ask something, he/she will think about it before speaking up. I appreciate the freedom in Americans’ behavior, ideas, and ways of expressing themselves.小题1:The underlined word “respects” in the third paragraph probably means____.A.approachesB.aspectsC.honorsD.means小题2:When American youth fall in love with each other, they _________.A.will not hold each otherB.will rarely display their love in publicC.will always think about their futureD.will kiss wherever they like小题3:It can be inferred from the passage that French youth may think more about ______.A.their relationship’s futureB.their public imagesC.their physical displaysD.their lover’s ideas小题4:The passage is mainly about the______ between American youth and French youth.A.differencesB.friendshipC.similaritiesD.relationships
Most worthwhile careers require some kind of specialized training. Therefore, the choice of an __36__ should be made even before choice of a curriculum in high school. Actually, __37__, most people make several job choices during their working lives, __38__ because of economic and industrial changes and partly to improve __39__ position. The "one perfect job" does not exist. Young people should __40__ enter into a broad flexible training program that will __41__ them for a field of work rather than for a single __42__ .Unfortunately many young people have to make career plans __43__ benefit of help from a competent vocational counselor or psychologist. Knowing __44__ about the occupational world, or themselves for that matter, they choose their lifework on a hit-or-miss __45__. Some drift from job to job. Others __46__ to work in which they are unhappy and for which they are not fitted.One common mistake is choosing an occupation for __47__ real or imagined prestige . Too many high-school students - or their parents for them - choose the professional field, __48__ both the relatively small percentage of workers in the professions and the extremely high educational and personal __49__. The imagined or real prestige of a profession or a White-collar job is __50__ good reason for choosing it as life's work. __51__, these occupations are not always well paid. Since a large percentage of jobs are in mechanical and manual work, the __52__ of young people should take serious __53__ into these fields.Before making an occupational choice, a person should have a general idea of what he wants __54__ life and how hard he is willing to work to get it. Some people desire social prestige, others intellectual satisfaction. S others are willing to take __55__ for financial gain. Each occupational choice has its demands as well as its rewards.小题1:A.identificationB.accommodationC.occupation D.entertainment小题2:A.therebyB.however C.though D.therefore小题3:A.thoroughly B.mainly C.entirelyD.partly小题4:A.its B.his C.theirD.our小题5:A.thereforeB.since C.furthermoreD.forever小题6:A.fit B.makeC.take D.leave小题7:A.meansB.jobC.wayD.company小题8:A.to B.forC.withD.without小题9:A.littleB.fewC.much D.a lot小题10:A.chance B.purposeC.basisD.opportunity小题11:A.apply B.appeal C.turnD.stick小题12:A.itsB.theirC.your D.our小题13:A.concerningB.following C.ignoringD.considering小题14:A.preferences B.requirements C.tendencies D.ambitions小题15:A.a B.any C.theD.no小题16:A.ThereforeB.Moreover C.NeverthelessD.However小题17:A.majority B.mass C.minority D.number小题18:A.proposalB.suggestion C.approvalD.consideration小题19:A.towards B.out ofC.againstD.without小题20:A.turns B.partsC.risksD.choices
Dear Bridge of Hope supporters,July 2010 was a productive month for the teachers at BOH. Marilyn traveled to Liberia and helped Kathleen Ngenda with her teacher training program on Basic Adult Literacy. During the eight-day training, she helped the teachers learn to pronounce, spell and write correctly. They are currently working on personal sets of cards and lists so that they can teach this concept to students in the fall. Kathleen plans on two trips back to the school to monitor teachers in their teaching.Marilyn found a very dedicated (投入的)and enthusiastic group of elementary teachers who are focused on bettering themselves as educators. BOHUSA will offer financial support for their further educational studies this fall. Our goal is to have all staff be certified by the end of 2013.The Liberian government recommends a C-certificate for teachers of elementary students, which can be obtained in one year of education classes (taken on Saturdays).There is a great need to add seventh and eighth grade classrooms and a library. There is actually no room, however, and so we need to add a second floor. Currently the ground floor houses the church and the school uses this space for daily services. The first floor would give space for three more classrooms, in addition to a large reading room and computer labs. About $40,000 to 50,000 is required to meet the educational needs.If you would like to contribute to this building project, please make out your check to:Bridge of Hope12002 Arnold Rd.Orrville, Ohio 44667Bridge of Hope Foundation is a non-profit organization. You do not have to pay tax on your contributions.小题1:Marilyn went to Liberia to ______.A.take a tripB.visit a schoolC.take training classesD.help train teachers小题2:What do we know about the school from Paragraph 4?A.It needs repairB.It needs expansionC.It has no office.D.It has an old library,小题3:The purpose of the letter is to _________.A.show the achievements of BOHB.thank BOH supporters for their concernC.raise money for an educational projectD.call people’s attention to education in Liberia
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the City of Melbourne's tourism program.If you would like to receive an email advising you of the next recruitment(招募) intake, please email tourism@melbourne.vic.gov.au.&Information about volunteering with Tourism Melbourne Volunteers play a vital role in the City of Melbourne’s tourism services.&They provide information on Melbourne to around two&million visitors each year. Their love and knowledge of the city and regional Victoria adds to Melbourne's reputation as a friendly, welcoming and culturally vibrant (有活力的) city.The City of Melbourne’s tourism branch generally conducts two volunteer recruitment intakes each year for the following tourism programs: City Ambassadors Melbourne Visitor&Booth at Bourke Street Mall Melbourne Visitor Centre at Federation Square&Melbourne Greeter Service&& Places are limited and prospective volunteers must participate in a selection process based around the following criteria. Volunteers must be:第一节&&&passionate about Melbourne 第二节&&&customer service focused 第三节&&&familiar with computer 第四节&&&available for one four-hour shift (either morning or afternoon) each week for a minimum of one year 第五节&&&team players who love meeting with people 第六节&&&able to demonstrate a commitment to the City of Melbourne’s values(as outlined in the online application)More informationTo find out more about becoming a tourism volunteer,&contact us online&or phone 03 . For other volunteering opportunities, see national volunteer recruitment website Go Volunteer.小题1:Where will you most probably read the above passage?A.In classified tourism advertisements.B.In a radio report of a tourism program.C.In a book review about volunteering.D.On a local government website.小题2:Which of the following is NOT one of the requirements for a volunteer?A.Owning a driver’s license.B.Enjoying meeting people.C.Having computer skills.D.A four-hour shift each week.小题3: It can be inferred from the passage that ______.A.the program’s recruitment takes place every two yearsB. Go Volunteer offers more information about Melbourne’s volunteer programC.if you know Melbourne well, you are sure to be admitted as a tourism volunteerD.even though you are interested in the program, you can’t be its member right now小题4:What would be the best title for the passage?A.Does Volunteering Pay Back?B.Welcome to the City of Melbourne!C.Tourism Volunteer Program.D.Interest and Tourism Volunteering.

我要回帖

更多关于 英语作文连接词 的文章

随机推荐