一首英文歌,有一句it cheathappenss to be Monday 或者是it cheathappenss on

【小题1】C【小题2】D【小题3】B【小题4】A
解析试题分析:这篇短文中作者主要介绍了我们在地震中如何有效的进行自我保护,首先要保持冷静的头脑、保护好自己的头部和颈部等。【小题1】标题判断题。根据短文第一段的最后一句话 Here are some tips on how to stay safe in earthquakes.可知,下面的内容就是如何在地震中自我保护的;故选C。【小题2】词义猜测题。根据后面的Hide under a desk or table可知,此处的duck应该是迅速地低下头或身子来保护自己的意思;故选D。【小题3】细节理解题。根据倒数第二段Cover your head and neck with your arms.可知,在地震中最重要的就是保护好头部和颈部;故选B。【小题4】推理判断题。根据短文第二段Keep a cool head. Worry won’t help you.可知,在地震等灾害面前最重要的就是要保持一个冷静的头脑;其他三项的描述都与原文的意思相背;故选A。考点:日常生活类短文阅读。
请选择年级七年级八年级九年级请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:初中英语
题型:阅读理解
Pubs are an important part of British life. Pubs, formally public houses, are common in towns and villages in England.People usually talk,eat, drink,meet their friends and relax there.You can order soft drinks like orange juice,cola or coffee ,but many people go to pubs to have an alcoholic drink.Many types of alcoholic drinks are available, but the most popular drink is beer.Traditional English beer comes in a variety of local flavors and is called ‘draught’beer .All draught beer is served from a hand pump on the bar rather than in bottles or cans. Unlike American or other European beers, it is served cool but not cold.Nowadays,a lot of English people enjoy a European beers called lager(淡味啤酒).This is lighter, more refreshing(清新的) and is served cold. Beer is sold in pint or half-pint glasses (a pint is just over half a litre).When you order a drink, ask for a ‘pint’ or a ‘half’ of the beer you want to try.There is no waiter service in an English pub.You go to the bar and place your order to the pub staff. They will pour your drinks and pass them to you. They will then tell you how much to pay.You have to pay your drinks there and then. After receiving your change,you can carry your drinks back to a table to enjoy. It is usual for friends to take turns buying drinks for each other.This is known as’buying a round’.Pubs sell cheap food too.The choice of food ranges(涉及) from small bar snacks such as crisps and peanuts ,to three-course meals.A popular meal during the summer months is a ‘ploughman’s& lunch ’.This is a dish of bread ,cheese or ham ,and salad which is served cold.You will often find a pub’s menu written on a blackboard .There may even be daily specials for you to try.You must be at least 18 years old to buy alcohol(含酒精的饮料)in England. Children under 14 years old are not usually allowed inside a pub, but families with children can sit outside in the garden, known as the beer garden ,when the weather is warm .Parents are allowed to buy soft drinks for their children.Pubs are places where people go to enjoy themselves .People like to drink, eat ,talk with friends and have a good time.If you go to an English pub ,you will get a true taste of English life.【小题1】Traditional English beer is __________.A.served slightly cold B.served in pint glasses only C.Served by waiters D.called lager 【小题2】The bar staff ___________________.A.are called waiters B.expect you to tip them C.pour your drinks before you pay D.pour your drinks after you pay 【小题3】If you ‘buy a round’,you ______A.pay for your drinks at the end of a meal B.taste a variety of beers C.share the cost of drinking with friends D.pay for your own drinks 【小题4】.Pub food _______A.is cheese or ham B.doesn’t cost much money C.is called a ‘bar snack’ D.is special English meal 【小题5】.Children _________A.are allowed in pubs B.can not drink alcohol C.must not eat pub food D.must buy rounds of drinks 【小题6】English pubs______A.serve only alcoholic drinks B.are for families only C.serve both food and drink D.are no longer common in England
I’ve loved my mother’s desk since I was just tall enough to sit above the top of it. Mother sat writing letters. Standing by her chair, looking at the ink bottle, pens, and white paper, I decided that the act of writing must be a most wonderful thing in the world.Years later, during her final illness, Mother kept different things for my sister and brother. “But the desk,” she said again, “ is for Elizabeth.”I never saw her angry, never saw her cry. I she showed in action. But as a young girl, I wanted to have heart-to-heart talks between mother and daughter. They never happened. And a gulf opened between us. I was “too emotional(易动感情的)”. But she lived “on the surface(表面)”.As years passed and I had my own family. I loved my mother and thanked her for our happy family. I wrote to her in careful words and asked her to let me know in any way she chose that she did forgive me.My hope turned to disappointment, then little interest and, finally, peace — it seemed that nothing happened. I couldn’t be sure that the letter had even got to Mother. I only knew that I had written it, and I could stop trying to make her into someone she was not.But the present of her desk told me, as she’d never been able to, that she was pleased that writing was my chosen work. I cleaned the desk carefully and found some papers inside — a photo of my father and a one-page letter, folded(折叠) and refolded many times. It was my letter.“In any way you choose, Mother, you always chose the act that speaks louder than words.”【小题1】 The passage shows that __________.A.Mother was cold on the surface but kind in her heart to her daughterB.Mother was too serious about her daughter in wordsC.Mother wrote to her daughter in careful wordsD.Mother wrote to her daughter in careless words【小题2】The word “gulf” in the passage means __________.A.deep understanding between the old and the youngB.different ideas between mother and daughterC.free talks between mother and daughterD.part of the sea going far in land【小题3】 What’s best title of the passage?A.My Letter to MotherB.Mother and ChildrenC.My Mother’s DeskD.Talks between Mother and me
A blind boy sat there with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said, “I am blind, please help.” There were only a few coins in the hat. A man was walking by. He took out a few coins and dropped them into the hat .He then turned the sign around and wrote something on it. He put the sign back and walked away.  Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and ask, “Are you the one who changed my sign in the morning? What did you do?”  The man said, “I only wrote the truth in a different way.”  What he had written was, “Today is a beautiful day, but I can’t see it.”  Of course both signs told people the boy was blind. But the first sign simply told people to help by putting some money in the hat. The second one told people that they were able to enjoy the beauty of the day, but the boy could not enjoy it because he was blind.  The first sign simply said the boy was blind, while the second one told people they were so lucky that they were not blind.  There are at least two lessons we can learn from this simple story.  Treasure (珍惜) what you have. Someone else has less. Try your best to help those who need your help. & Be creative. Think differently. There is always a better way.【小题1】From the passage we know that________.A.the boy is the man’s son. B.the man is one of the boy’s neighbors. C.the boy is blind and needs help. D.the boy works for the man. 【小题2】On the sign what the man wrote was, “________”A.Treasure what we have already had. B.Today is a beautiful day, but I can’t see it. C.We are so lucky that we are not blind. D.Try your best to help those who need your help. 【小题3】According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?A.The hat began to fill up after the man wrote some words on the sign. B.The man took away all the few coins from the hat. C.The boy wanted to get enough money to go to school. D.Nobody wanted to give any coins to the blind boy. 【小题4】The word “recognized” here in Chinese means________.A.承认 B.接受 C.表扬 D.辨认出 【小题5】&The best title for this story is _________.A.Giving makes receiving! B.Be kind and creative! C.Be kind to the blind! D.Do not always get, but offer!
Town Lake Animal Center is the largest animal shelter in Central Texas, providing shelter for more than 23,000 animals each year and animal control services for all of Austin and Travis County. In the shelter, no animal will be turned away.(拒绝)Hours of Working:ShelterMonday - Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.Saturday - Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Closed on City HolidaysHomeless or unwanted animals can be safely dropped off at the shelter.Animal Protection and ControlMonday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.Saturday - Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.City Holidays, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.Officers on-call overnight to react to emergenciesAdministrative OfficesMonday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Closed on City HolidaysLocation: 1156 W. Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78703Mailing address: Town Lake Animal Centre, PO Box 1088, Austin, TX 78767What’s New:Animal Cruelty(虐待) Prevention ClassesPurpose: To teach people how to recognize(辨认) and report animal cruelty.Who:& All citizens are encouraged to take this class.Cause: Usually animal cruelty is relation to (涉及到) family cruelty.People who hurt animals often move on to hurt human beings.If you’re able to recognize and report animal cruelty,you can help prevent cruelty from spreading throughout your area.【小题1】What is Town Lake Animal Center?A. It is the largest animal shelter in the USA. B. It offers many services to animals. C. It is a place to kill homeless animals.&&&D. It is a place to raise animals for food.【小题2】If you meet a badly hurt pet dog at night, which is the best choice according to the passage?A.Send it to Shelter immediately. B.Send it to Administrative Offices at once. C.Send it to Animal Protection and Control at once. D.Call Animal Protection and Control quickly. 【小题3】Animal Cruelty Prevention Classes is held to _________.A.protect and save more animals B.collect as many animals as possible C.earn money for Town Lake Animal Center D.attract more volunteers to Town Lake Animal Center
What is the hottest topic at your school recently? In Hangzhou Yongjin Middle School, it’s money.The school held an activity called “making money” last weekend. About 200 Junior 1 and Junior 2 students were divided into 30 teams. They went out to make money by selling things.What did they choose to sell? S some some sold environmentally friendly shopping bags and bamboo baskets.Hu Qing’s team decided to sell some useful books in front of the Children Activity Center. They thought parents would like to buy the books for their children. But unfortunately, they met urban management officers (城管). The officers asked them to leave. “We played hide-and-seek (捉迷藏) with the officers for the whole morning,” said Hu. “Finally we had to give up.”Wang Bing and her team sold ice cream in a square. They didn’t meet any officers. But few people were interested in what they were selling. The team then put up a board saying “For Country Kids”. It worked. More people came to their stall (小摊). A foreigner even gave them 100 yuan. “He didn’t want any change. He said he wanted to help the children,” said Wang. “We were touched.” Later that day they gave the money they made to the “Project Hope” office.Meng Zhaoxiang and his team were luckier. They sold all their cakes in four hours, spending 39.5 yuan and getting back 80 yuan. They made 40.5 yuan. “It was not easy to make the money,” said Meng. “Some people just looked. Others just tasted but didn’t buy. Now I know how hard it is for our parents to make the money we need to lead happy lives.”【小题1】 In Hangzhou Yongjin Middle School, what the students talk more about is ________.A.the officers B.the kind foreigner C.the activity called “making money” D.the money they made last weekend 【小题2】________ took part in the activity.A.All the students B.Some teachers C.About 200 students of the three grades D.Part of Junior 1 and Junior 2 students 【小题3】Hu Qing’s team finally gave up because ________.A.the parents didn’t like to buy the books B.the Children Activity Center was too crowded C.the officers didn’t allow them to sell anything there D.the team played the game of the hide-and-seek the whole morning 【小题4】 Why did more people come to Wang Bing’s stall at last?A.The team put up a magic board. B.A foreigner came up and helped them. C.The people liked to help country kids. D.The people were interested in their ice cream. 【小题5】According to the passage the students learn ________.A.it’s impossible for them to make money B.it’s not easy for their parents to make money C.it’s very important for them to make a living D.it’s necessary for school to hold more activities in the future
Weixin was created and put into market by Tencent on January 21, 2011. Because of its amazing functions(功能), low cost and convenience (&便利), it is very popular. You can see many people around you using Weixin to talk with their friends.Weixin can make people quick to send voice message, video, pictures and text by phone. Because it is sent by network(网络), distance is not a problem. Even if your friends are in foreign countries, you can use Weixin to contact.Weixin supports Wi-Fi and 3G network. It can enjoy group chat up to 20 people. Besides this, it can do much. Weixin can search people around you. It also supports to send videos. You can share the wonderful pictures with other people at any tim . It can share your messages to the world and make new friends. Weixin can keep your pictures and texts in your phone. It also helps you to get your messages from others. Weixin makes more people “talk” with each other in different places at different times.The cost of Weixin is very low. It costs nothing to own Weixin if you have a phone. The low cost is one of the main reasons why Weixin becomes popular. Many people say that it’s much more convenient than QQ. Nowadays these users can’t live without them. They chat on QQ and Weixin and express their thoughts on Weibo.根据短文内容,选择最佳答案。【小题1】. The use of Weixin began &&&&&&&&&&&&&.&&&&&&&&& .A. in February, 2011&&&&&&&&&&&& B. in January, 2011&&&&&& C. in March, 2013【小题2】 The underlined word “contact” means &&&&&&&&&&&&&&in Chinese.&&&&&&&&&&&&& .A. 联系&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 交易&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 视频【小题3】 How many Weixin’s functions are mentioned in this passage?A. 3&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 5&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. 7【小题4】. According to the passage, we learn that &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.A. only young people use Weixin to talk with their friendsB. Weixin can help people make new friendsC. the cost of Weixin is much more expensive than that of QQ【小题5】. The main idea of the passage is &&&&&&&&&&&&&.A. how to use Weixin to communicate with othersB. Weixin’s functions and its advantagesC. Weixin’s influences on most people’s lives
Text messaging, or "texting", which allows people to send and receive messages on mobile phones, becomes very popular today.The advantages of texting are obvious. Texting helps to save money. If you have a few words to greet your families and friends on their birthdays or on some important festivals, sending messages can be cheaper than phone calling. Texting helps to save time. Even if you want to send a message to 100 people, you can do it in one second. Texting helps you to "talk" to someone when he is too busy to answer the phone. Texting can also help you to "talk" to someone secretly if you don't want others to hear what you are talking on the phone. These advantages are so amazing that many people are crazy about it. They hold mobile phones in hands all day long, send dozens of messages each day, and even text while driving or walking. However, texting has its disadvantage. Junk messages may come into your mobile phone box now and then. When your phone box gets too full, you can't receive any more messages. You may therefore miss some important information.What's more, if you don't do texting properly, for example, texting while driving or walking, it can be dangerous. It can cause injuries and even death. It was reported that about 6,000 people were killed and half a million were injured for this reason each year. In Fort Lee, a small town in New Jersey, USA, three people died because they walked into traffic while texting in 2013. Two researchers at Stony Brook University, New York found that texters are 60% more probably to have an accident than others. When people are texting, they don't notice other people or things around them. To reduce traffic accidents, all drivers of the UN are now not allowed to text while driving. About 32 countries have passed laws restricting(限制) the use of mobile phones while driving.Texting is a wonderful way of communication. However, only when we use it properly, can we fully enjoy the fun it brings.【小题1】 How many advantages of texting are mentioned in the passage?A.Two.&B.Three.&C.Four.&D.Five&【小题2】 What did the researchers at Stony Brook University find?A.Texters are easier to have an accident.&B.Texting is a good way of communication.&C.6,000 people were killed and injured.&D.Many people text to greet families and friends.&【小题3】The underlined word "injuries" probably means_______.A.事故&B.伤害&C.争执&D.死亡&【小题4】Which of the following statements is wrong according to the passageA.Texting while driving or walking is dangerous&B.To reduce traffic accidents,all drivers of the UN are now not allowed to text while driving.&C.Texting have more advantages than disadvantages,so we can use it any time.&D.If you don’t want others to hear what you are talking on the phone,you can text.&【小题5】The passage is written to tell us that&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.we should do less texting&B.texting has many advantages&C.texting is better than phone calling&D.we should do texting properly&
阅读下列短文,根据短文中的信息完成文后表格。(每空一词)When people travel abroad(国外), they sometimes stay in the homes of the local people. This is a homestay.I am living with an old English couple, in the west of London. They have a clean four-bedroom house. This is a new house. It has two bathrooms and a garden with many beautiful flowers. I have a bedroom of my own.There are some shopping centres and a restaurant next to the house, and the house is close to an underground station. It takes about 30 minutes to take an underground to the centre of London.I think a homestay may be a good choice for you if it is your first time to visit abroad. The local people are friendly and ready to help. If you want to celebrate the holidays with them, you will get to know more about their culture and customs.What a homestay isWhen people travel
in another &【小题1】&. people stay in the homes of the local
people.Where my homestay
isI live with an old
couple in the &【小题2】&part of London.It is a house with
four &【小题3】&&and two &【小题4】&.There is a garden
with many beautiful &【小题5】&&in it.The house is new
and &【小题6】&.There are some
shopping centres and a restaurant 【小题7】&&the house.It takes about
half an hour to get to the city centre by &【小题8】&.What the local
people are likeThey are friendly
and &【小题9】&.&【小题10】&&a homestay is goodIt is a good
choice to learn about culture and customs in the west if you go abroad for