hotlipwebsheree中文是什么意思

Klean Kanteen Customer Service: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions
Most questions received at Klean Kanteen are answered below. In order to avoid delays and speed up your answer, please review them to see if your question is answered here. If your issue is not addressed, visit our Care and Use page for more info, or our Warranty page to submit a request.
Why Klean?
There are so many reusable bottles to choose from. Why should I buy a Klean Kanteen?
In 2004 when we released the first Klean Kanteen bottle, the only other options out there were polycarbonate plastic bottles or aluminum bottles lined with plastic resin or epoxy.
The reason Klean Kanteen exists is because we wanted to give consumers a safe, healthy, BPA-free alternative to plastic, a bottle that's reusable, environmentally sustainable and durable enough to last a lifetime. We chose to make our bottle from high-quality, 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, one of the healthiest and most durable materials available.
Some of the key features that set Klean Kanteen apart include easy to clean rounded high quality, food-grade materials that are BPA-free and don't reta and durable, all-stainless construction including bottle threads.
We also set up our company and our manufacturing to be environmentally responsible and sustainable from the beginning. We oversee our manufacturing every step of the way, from the sourcing of the basic materials to the retail floor and we're constantly working to cut waste and operate more efficiently. Read more about our sustainability efforts.
What kinds of products does Klean Kanteen make and what are the differences?
Klean Kanteen has four main bottle lines: Kid Kanteen, Classic, Wide, and Insulated. The Kid Kanteen line currently consists of a Sippy for toddlers and stainless steel Baby Bottles. The Classic is the original Klean Kanteen, the one with the longneck design. The Wide is a wide-mouth bottle, and the Insulated has the same design as the wide-mouth bottle but uses double-walled, vacuum insulation for amazing insulating performance. Visit the Kanteen 101 pages to compare the Classic and Wide lines. We also offer the Kanteen Reflect, featuring no paint or plastic, as well as the Steel Pint Cup, with the goal of replacing single-use cups.
Which is better, stainless or aluminum?
While aluminum is lightweight, it can leach harmful substances and chemicals when it gets hot or comes in contact with anything acidic. Studies have also linked aluminum exposure to Alzheimer's disease. To ensure that the drinks inside aluminum bottles are safe, the bottles must be lined with something.
The most common materials used to line aluminum bottles include plastic resins or baked-on epoxy, both of which can leach BPA and other harmful chemicals or can get scratched, exposing the aluminum underneath. Ceramic is another material used to line aluminum bottles, but it's more rigid and can crack.
Of even greater concern is the fact that many companies won't release information about what the liner on their aluminum bottles is actually made from. The liner can also retain flavors, which can make your drinks taste funky.
The stainless steel used to make Klean Kanteens is time-tested, safe and completely free of BPA, phthalates, lead and other harmful substances. It's fine for acidic beverages or foods, and doesn't retain or impart flavors. That's why it's the material most commonly used in food preparation and by the brewing and wine-making industries.
Health and Safety
Do Klean Kanteens have BPA?
No way. Every Klean Kanteen ever made is totally free of BPA and other harmful substances.
The whole reason we founded this company was because we read the early studies linking BPA to a number of illnesses and we wanted to give consumers a safe, healthy alternative to plastic and lined aluminum bottles.
We chose 18/8, food-grade stainless steel instead of aluminum or plastic because the metal is inherently safe and toxin-free. Stainless steel is made of many elements and minerals that come from the earth, including some of the very same minerals recommended by the FDA as part of a healthy human diet.
Food-grade stainless steel is used in the brewing, food and winemaking industries too. It's the material of choice because it doesn't retain or impart flavors.
All our caps are BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5) too, and we offer stainless steel cap options.
Do Klean Kanteens have a liner?
No. All Klean Kanteen products are made from high quality, 18/8, food-grade stainless steel that's totally free of BPA and other harmful substances.
Because stainless steel is inherently safe, we don't need to coat the inside of the bottle with a plastic or epoxy lining, which is one of the main differences between a stainless steel Klean Kanteen and aluminum bottles.
Why do Klean Kanteen caps have plastic at all?
We're proud to offer a range of premium, totally plastic-free cap options for our Classic line including the Stainless Unibody Bamboo Cap and our All Stainless Loop Cap.
Because our goal is to make reusable products at prices that are accessible to everyone, we also offer caps made from safe, BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5). These caps are lightweight, cost-effective and give consumers a lower-priced option that meets our high standards for quality, durability and design.
In the case of the Sport Cap 2.0, it's also a safety issue because people drink from their bottles while engaging in sports like cycling and running. Polypropylene is very durable, but it's also a softer plastic, which means you're less likely to damage your teeth if you hit a bump on the trail while you're drinking.
The wide-mouth Stainless Loop and Stainless Flip D-Ring caps have stainless steel on the inside, so the inside of the Kanteen is all-stainless, with drinks never touching plastic.
Are the polypropylene (pp#5) caps safe?
Klean Kanteen uses polypropylene (pp#5) because it contains no Bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical that leaches from some kinds of plastic and has been linked to various diseases. Polypropylene has no known leaching characteristics and is softer than other types of plastic.
What is stainless steel and what does 18/8 stand for?
Stainless steel is an iron-containing alloy made from some of the basic elements found on earth: iron ore, chromium, silicon, nickel, carbon, nitrogen and manganese. The properties of the final metal change depending on varying amounts of these elements. More than 57 stainless steels exist and are sold as standard alloys on the market.
Klean Kanteens are constructed from high-quality, 18/8, food-grade stainless steel. The numbers stand for the percentages of chromium and nickel in the steel, 18% and 8% respectively. Chromium increases the metal's hardness and nickel gives it strength. Together they also make stainless steel highly resistant to stain or rust.
Stainless steel is easy to clean, durable, inert and sanitary. That's why it's the material of choice among the food processing, dairy and brewing industries.
What is nickel and how can it affect my health?
Nickel is a naturally abundant element found in the earth's crust, soil and ocean floor. It is generally resistant to corrosion and is therefore used to make metal alloys such as stainless steel.
Approximately 10-15% of the population is sensitive to nickel, but the health effects of nickel are highly dependent on the manner and degree of exposure. The stainless steel used to make Klean Kanteens has a low nickel content and is the preferred material used by breweries and dairies.
Do Klean Kanteens have hexavalent chromium, and could I be exposed to it by drinking from a Klean Kanteen?
Stainless steel does not contain so you don't need to worry about exposure to hexavalent chromium from your Klean Kanteen. Hexavalent chromium has been found in tap water in some municipalities. We recommend that you check with your local water provider and get a copy of their most recent water quality reports. They're public record and should be made available to you upon request. The tests may even be available online.
Does the paint on a Klean Kanteen contain lead?
No way. When we introduced our painted bottles, we wanted to find a safe and durable paint that also looks fantastic. We reviewed and tested dozens of different paints and selected an acrylic paint that contains no toxins or lead. We test the paint regularly and though it is safe, we recommend the Brushed Stainless finish bottles for small children who like to chew on things.
My child chewed on a Klean Kanteen and might have eaten some paint. Should I be concerned?
No. The paint on Klean Kanteen bottles is a nontoxic, acrylic, resin-based finish that's mostly water and is totally free of lead and toxic chemicals. So you've got nothing to worry about if your child ingested some paint! That said, we do recommend the Brushed Stainless finish for small children who like to chew on things.
Why was the Sport Cap 2.0 recalled and where can I get more information?
Klean Kanteen received six consumer reports relating to the spout tip of Sport Cap 2.0 breaking or cracking after being dropped, which could pose a potential choking or ingestion hazard. There have been no incidents of factual choking or ingestion reported.
We replaced the spout tip with a new one made from the same BPA-free, polypropylene, but the formulation is slightly different. The new spout tips are six times more impact resistant and stronger than the original spout tip on the Sport Cap 2.0.
Visit our Safety Notice page for information about the recall including how to identify if you've got a recalled cap and how to get your recalled Sport Cap 2.0 replaced.
Manufacturing
Why are Klean Kanteens made in China?
The very first Klean Kanteen was created to promote healthy living and respect for the environment by giving people an affordable alternative to plastic and lined aluminum bottles.
Klean Kanteen has always shared many of the concerns you, our customers, have expressed about manufacturing the bottles in China. Before a single bottle was ever produced, Klean Kanteen set in place checks and balances to ensure that our bottles are produced safely, sustainably and that the people making Klean Kanteens are treated well and paid fairly. By manufacturing in China, Klean Kanteen can provide a handcrafted bottle of exceptional quality at a reasonable price.
For more information about our commitment to operating Klean Kanteen sustainably and manufacturing our products in a way that's environmentally responsible with fair labor and human rights standards, read our sustainability and responsibly made pages.
Is Klean Kanteen's stainless steel from China safe?
Yes. We have representatives from Klean Kanteen living in China who visit our factories regularly. They work as liaisons to ensure all Klean Kanteen products are produced with respect for the environment and that the workers in the factories are safe, protected and paid a living wage. In addition, a rotating group consisting of the owners and various employees visits the factory two to three times a year.
We currently perform regular product testing through third-party, accredited laboratories to meet regulatory requirements and our own high standards for product safety.
Klean Kanteen is and will continue to be one of the safest and most sustainable beverage containers on the market.
Technical Specifications
How much does a Kanteen weigh?
Klean Kanteen bottles are lighter than they look. We've tested various wall thicknesses and struck a balance between durability and weight. The stainless steel walls in our bottles are significantly thicker than other, lower quality bottles on the market. They don't dent or bend easily, but they're still lightweight and easy to carry.
Classic Bottles:
CapacityWeight*
12 fluid ounces (355 ml)
3.75 ounces
18 fluid ounces (532 ml)
5.125 ounces
27 fluid ounces (800 ml)
6.125 ounces
40 fluid ounces (1182 ml)
9.375 ounces
*doesn't include cap
Wide Bottles:
CapacityWeight*
12 fluid ounces (355 ml)
3.375 ounces
18 fluid ounces (532 ml)
4.625 ounces
27 fluid ounces (800 ml)
6.25 ounces
40 fluid ounces (1182 ml)
7.375 ounces
64 fluid ounces (1900 ml)
11.625 ounces
*doesn't include cap
Insulated Bottles:
CapacityWeight*
12 fluid ounces (355 ml)
7.125 ounces
16 fluid ounces (473 ml)
8.75 ounces
20 fluid ounces (592 ml)
10.25 ounces
*doesn't include cap
How long will my Klean Kanteen insulated canister keep foods hot and cold?
When using our vacuum insulated canisters with very warm or hot foods and liquids, you may notice that the sides of the canister will remain room temperature but the lid may become noticeably warm. This is normal and expected with these canisters.
The design of these canisters relies on thoroughly tested materials that we are confident are safe when exposed to very hot temperatures and are friendly to the environment. The body of the insulated canisters uses 18/8 stainless steel and features our vacuum insulated design, similar to that used our on Insulated Kanteens. For the Canister lids, we use only 18/8 stainless steel, FDA-food grade polypropylene and silicone. We do not use more traditional foamed insulating materials such as styrofoam as it is harmful to the environment in its production and difficult to recover and recycle at the product's end of life. While using styrofoam as an insulating material would have reduced this warming effect in the canister lid, we elected to use an alternative design and these specific materials in our vacuum insulated canisters to provide a high quality product that is still a environmentally-friendly solutions.
Klean Kanteen insulated canisters will keep food hot up to 3 hours, and food cold up to 5 hours. For maximum thermal efficiency, we recommend preheating or pre chilling your canister prior to use. Fill with hot/cold water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty.
Hot foods like soup that lack density are generally prone to losing heat faster than foods like lasagna or oatmeal that are viscous and retain heat.
Care and Use
Can I fill a Klean Kanteen with acidic beverages such as apple juice or orange juice?
Yes. Acidic beverages will not corrode or damage the high-quality stainless steel.
Can I use a Klean Kanteen for milk, breast milk or formula?
Absolutely. Your Klean Kanteen is food-grade stainless steel, the same stuff they use in the dairy and food industry. Of course we also have a stainless steel Baby Bottle made just for those purposes!
Can I use a Klean Kanteen for carrying alcohol?
Yes. In fact, our 27oz/800ml Classic was designed to hold a bottle of wine. We also know that many people use the 12oz Classic to carry spirits and the 64oz Wide as a Growler to transport a half gallon of beer. Speaking of beer, the 16oz Steel Pint Cup was designed to displace single-use beer and wine cups. All our products are made of 18/8 food-grade stainless steel, often used in the beer and wine making industries.
Do Klean Kanteens sweat?
It depends on which bottle style you're using. Our Classic and Wide lines are single-walled. If you have a cold drink in them and it's hot out, you're going to have condensation build-up on the bottle.
Our Insulated bottles are made using durable, double-walled construction and vacuum insulation, which has amazing insulating properties. Because they're insulated, these bottles will not have condensation build-up on the outside, regardless of what's inside them or the temperature outside.
The best solution to naturally occurring condensation on Classic and Wide bottles is to put your Klean Kanteen in an insulated sleeve.
Can I put hot liquids in my Klean Kanteen or use it like a thermos?
If you have a vacuum insulated Kanteen, absolutely! Our high-performance, double-walled, vacuum insulated bottles are designed to function as a thermos, a to-go mug and food storage container and will keep contents hot or cold for up to six hours and iced drinks chilly for up to 24.
We do not recommend using single-walled Klean Kanteen Classic or Wide bottles for hot beverages because you can burn yourself. Warm beverages can be used at your own personal comfort level. They're fine for cold beverages, but unlike the Insulated Kanteen, condensation will form on the outside.
Can I put my Klean Kanteen in the freezer?
No. The force of liquids expanding as they freeze can cause your Klean Kanteen to become deformed and can also break the weld that holds the bottle together, so we strongly advise against it. Freezing any Klean Kanteen (Classic, Wide or Insulated) will void the Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects.
Can I put my Klean Kanteen on a stove?
In a pinch, single-walled Classic and Wide bottles (with the Brushed Stainless finish) can be placed on a fire or a stove as long as you take the cap off. Do not do this with a painted bottle, as it will damage the paint.
But it's VERY important that you know what kind of bottle you have because this is absolutely NOT an option with any Insulated Kanteen. Heating a Kanteen Insulated will damage the bottle and voids the Lifetime Warranty.
It's pretty easy to tell what kind of bottle you have, even if you've had your bottle so long the logo's worn off. Insulated bottles only come in the wide-mouth design, so if you have a bottle with a long neck and a small rolled lip at the edge, you have a Classic, NOT an Insulated. Insulated bottles also have a separate, extra shiny piece at the bottom and come in different sizes (12oz, 16oz, and 20oz) than the single-walled Wide bottles (12oz, 18oz, 27oz, 40oz and 64oz).
How do I clean my Klean Kanteen and my caps?
Classic and Wide bottles (in Brushed Stainless finish) are dishwasher safe. We recommend handwashing all painted Kanteens and all Insulated styles.
For daily cleaning, rinse your Kanteen with warm, soapy water and let it drain and dry in your dish rack with the mouth downward so water can drain out.
For thorough cleaning, you can use warm, soapy water and a bottle brush. We also recommend an old-fashioned cleaner: diluted vinegar or water and baking soda.
All the newer Classic Caps (except the Stainless Unibody Bamboo Cap) and all Wide caps are dishwasher safe. The Café Cap is also dishwasher safe and the rotating piece on the top pops out for thorough cleaning.
NOTE: The original Stainless Loop and Flat Caps are not dishwasher safe. If your Classic cap is two separate pieces and has stainless threads with polypropylene on the top, you have the original Classic caps that needs to be handwashed.
Visit our Care & Use page for more information.
I can't get the smell/taste of coffee (or something else) out of my Kanteen. Help!
Your Klean Kanteen is made from high quality food grade stainless steel that will not retain flavors or smells after you've thoroughly cleaned it. If you've already given it a good scrub with a bottle brush and warm soap water, try mixing a quarter cup of vinegar and 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda in warm water and let it soak in your Kanteen overnight.
Often the problem is in the cap, especially the Café Cap. Make sure you pop your Café Cap apart and really scrub it well, including around the tiny o-ring on the removable part of the cap. You can also soak any cap overnight (except the Stainless Unibody Bamboo Cap) in the same mixture of vinegar and baking soda you use for soaking the bottle.
My Kanteen has tea stains inside that I can't get out.
Make a paste using a little bit of vinegar and baking soda and give it a good scrub. The baking soda is an all-natural abrasive that will help get the stains out. You can also soak it overnight in a mixture of about a quarter cup of vinegar and 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda.
Visit our Care & Use page for more information.
My Kanteen froze and now the bottom is bulging out. Is there any way to fix it?
Freezing your Klean Kanteen voids the Lifetime Warranty because the expansion of the water can put so much force on the steel that it causes it to bulge or even split at the weld. Sometimes nothing at all happens. It depends on whether the cap was on, and how much liquid was in the Kanteen.
But you're not the first person to accidentally freeze liquid in your bottle. It's still safe to drink from it, and freezing the bottle does not alter the safety or composition of the food-grade stainless steel in any way.
If the bottom of your bottle has become deformed due to freezing, it's usually pretty easy to pop it back into place. First try putting the mouth of the bottle on a flat surface and pushing on the bottom of the bottle with the palm of your hand.
If that doesn't work, flip it over and put the bottom of the bottle on a hard, completely flat surface. Take the cap off and put a board or a book on top of the opening. Then push straight down onto the bottle using your body weight.
In many cases this will flatten out the bottom of your bottle.
You can also use a rubber mallet, but we DO NOT recommend trying to bang out the dents with a hammer as it tends to cause more damage.
I dropped my Klean Kanteen and dented it. Is there any way to get the dents out?
Klean Kanteens are made of heavy gauge stainless steel and outperform all other metal bottles in independent tests. But they can dent if you drop them. Our Lifetime Warranty covers manufacturer's defects only, not damage caused by using or dropping your bottle.
If you dropped your bottle and dented it, odds are the dent is inward. In some cases you can put a wooden dowel or a wooden kitchen spoon inside the bottle and tap on the other end with a hammer to push the dent out. DO NOT use a metal object to bang the dent outward as the metal can get inside your Kanteen. You can also further damage or even puncture your bottle.
Even if you've dented your bottle, it's still totally safe and free of harmful substances. Because every Klean Kanteen made if 18/8 food-grade stainless steel through and through with no liner on the inside, a dent, no matter how large, will not change the composition of the metal.
My Sport Cap 2.0 makes a whistling or chirping sound. How do I make it stop?
Sports caps were originally designed and used with squeezable plastic drinking bottles. Because you cannot squeeze stainless steel, we had to alter the design so that air could get back into the bottle as you drink.
The little white dot on the top of the Sport Cap 2.O is a leak-resistant silicone valve, which allows air back into the bottle so water can flow out. The noise that you hear is air moving through the valve.
Older sport caps do make a whistling noise when used. While the Sport Cap 2.0 is significantly quieter than the old sport caps, it still makes a little bit of noise as air passes through the valve into the bottle. But if your Sport Cap 2.0 is making a loud chirping or whistling noise, the silicone valve may be in the wrong position or may be dirty or clogged.
You can remove the valve and clean it, but it's very difficult to put it back. Instead, we recommend thoroughly cleaning the inside of the cap with a bottle brush and warm, soapy water and also pushing the little silicone nub on the top of the cap to the side and cleaning around it. You can also rotate the valve to make sure it's positioned correctly.
Another trick is to loosen the cap just a tiny bit, just make sure it's still tight enough to keep the bottle from leaking. The silicone vent will work better if the cap is not over-tightened.
If your Sport Cap 2.0 continues to be louder than normal, or if you are not satisfied with the product, please contact our returns and warranty department by calling (800) 767-3173 ext. 319 or by emailing
Where can I buy Klean Kanteens?
You can order all the products here on our site. You can also use our Store Locator to find retailers near you that sell Klean Kanteen products. Just keep in mind that not every dealer sells every Klean Kanteen product. If you're looking for something specific, it's always a good idea to call first and make sure your local store carries the product you want.
Can I order a Kanteen(R) Classic with a stainless cap instead of a polypropylene cap?
Yes, separately as an accessory. The standard cap options for our Classic line change depending on the size and color you're ordering. When ordering the more popular sizes and colors, you can choose between either a BPA-free polypropylene Sport Cap 2.0 or a polypropylene Loop Cap. The Sport Cap 2.0 is standard issue on all Classic bottles. Stainless Cap options are also available.
How do I find out about special deals, discounts and promotions?
If you want to be the first to find out about specials and discounts, join our Facebook community by becoming a fan. We also post deals and special promotions on Twitter and send out all kinds of newsy tidbits and info through our email newsletter.
My Sport Cap broke. Will you replace it?
Absolutely. All Klean Kanteens, caps and lids have a one-year warranty against manufacturer's defects. Please send us your damaged goods along with your return address and we'll replace them free of charge. If you have questions or comments, email them to
My Café Cap leaks. Will you replace it?
The Café caps are not designed to be leakproof. If you want a leakproof cap, you'll need to order a loop or other accessory cap for your bottle.
What do you consider normal wear and tear for the paint on painted Klean Kanteens?
Under normal use, paint on a Klean Kanteen will not flake or chip off. When we developed and tested paint for Klean Kanteen use, safety was our first concern but durability was a close second.
Our paint performs well in lab tests and many of us at Klean Kanteen use painted bottles so we've been putting them to the test in the real world too. Sure, if you drop your Klean Kanteen or jam it into a metal water bottle cage, you can scratch it. It's also possible to scrape off the paint if you try hard enough, just like any other painted surface.
But if your paint is flaking or peeling off, you might have gotten a bottle from a bad batch, which does happen occasionally. If that's the case, it's covered by our warranty and we'll replace it at no cost to you. Check out our Returns & Exchanges page.
To prolong the life of your painted Klean Kanteen, we recommend hand washing it with mild detergent. The Brushed Stainless finish is the best choice for ultimate durability.
How do I fix a leaky Sippy Cup?
The silicone disk can loosen with time, which allows liquid to escape through the small vent hole. To remedy this, try pulling the disk off, cleaning it with warm, soapy water, then popping it back on to the adapter. You might also need to replace the silicone ring on the inside of your cap. Call customer service at (800) 767-3173 ext. 319 for information on how to get a new silicone gasket for your cap.
Do I have rust stains in my bottle?
The food-grade stainless steel in a Klean Kanteen is highly rust resistant. If your bottle appears to have rusted, it's probably just a mark left behind from the electropolishing process, which smooths the surface of the metal and makes it shiny. Sometimes electrolytes left on the surface turn a rust color, but it's harmless.

我要回帖

更多关于 cp是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐