was there a patchwas a girl whose parent

小题1:D小题2:A小题3:D小题4:B试题分析:本文讲述了一个老妇人在丢了了狗和汽车以后花了很多的力气在寻找她的狗的故事。小题1:D 主旨大意题。根据文章主题段第一段A woman whose sports car was stolen with her dog in it put up notices all over the area that made it clear that getting back her pet was more important than her car.可知她更关心的是自己的狗。故D正确。小题2:A 细节题。根据文章倒数第二段A woman whose sports car was stolen with her dog in it put up notices all over the area that made it clear that getting back her pet was more important than her car.以及第一段A woman whose sports car was stolen with her dog in it put up notices all over the area that made it clear that getting back her pet was more important than her car;以及2,3段but almost 30 hours after the 1 pm theft Friday, Kimberly Atkins of Dover and Benjerman,a 12-year-old black retriever(猎犬),were reunited after police located them in Barrington和The car was found at about 5 pm Saturday off Route 125 in a swampy area frequented by off-the-road cars and dirt bikes可知A项的顺序正确。小题3:D 细节题。根据Atkins said the thief cared for Benjerman a little by providing him with some dry cat food.She believed Benjerman ended up drinking some muddy water in the area.可知狗被虐待了。故D正确。小题4:B 细节题。根据文章倒数第四段Before Benjerman was found,Atkins and several friends put up notices all over the city and in Somersworth.They also contacted animal shelters,throughout southern New Hampshire and Massachusetts.可知她和她的朋友贴了很多的广告来寻找这只狗。故B正确。点评:本文讲述了一个老妇人在丢了了狗和汽车以后花了很多的力气在寻找她的狗的故事。文章基本上是考查细节题,对此类题型考生可以首先从问题中找到关键词,然后以此为线索,运用略读及查阅的技巧在文中迅速寻找这一细节,找到后再把这一部分内容仔细阅读一遍,仔细比较所给选项与文中细节的细微区别,在准确理解细节的前提下,最后确定最佳答案。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
She was a four-year-old girl with very fine golden hair when I first met her.She was carrying a bowl of && 1&&&.I was 29 at the time and suffering& from the flu.Her mom and I had been friends for many years.Finally that friendship grew into care,from care into&& 2&and marriage.Marriage brought the three of us together as a && 3&&&.At first,I was afraid to be a“stepfather”.Therefore,I tried not to come between my future daughter and her &&4&&&&father.I acted in that way in order to be liked.However,& 5&&&she was growing up, I found it increasingly hard to& 6&&with her.Once her school required every parent to write an open and && 7 &letter to the children.I wrote a letter about a little golden-haired girl who had brought me a bowl of soup when I needed&&& 8&&.A week later,all the parents&got together with our children in a classroom.The students were allowed to make a few speeches.I was&& 9&&&to hear what my daughter would say.Finally,my daughter determinedly&& 10&&&her way up to the microphone.She said something like others and then&& 11&&&."There are people and things we sometimes take for granted that we shouldn't,at this very moment,I just want to say…I love you,father.”Immediately people around me started &&&12&&&at me,and patting me on the back as though they also understood the depth of that unusual speech.For a teenage girl to say && 13&&in the front of a room full of people,“I love you”,took a great deal of courage.Since then I have&come&&to understand that I didn't need to have any&& 14&&about being a stepfather.I can still& 15&&honest love with the same little girl I met so many years before-carrying a bowl full of what turned out to be kindness.I can also be friends with the girl-my dear daughter.小题1:A.soupB.riceC.porridgeD.noodles小题2:A.likeB.pleasureC.excitementD.love小题3:A.unionB.groupC.familyD.whole小题4:A.followingB.naturalC.untrueD.new小题5:A.afterB.withC.beforeD.as小题6:A.connectB.shareC.communicateD.argue小题7:A.honestB.ordinaryC.powerfulD.beautiful小题8:A.cureB.careC.moneyD.friend小题9:A.gladB.hopefulC.seriousD.anxious小题10:A.cameB.madeC.hadD.got小题11:A.lastedB.decidedC.continuedD.repeated小题12:A.smilingB.huggingC.kissingD.staring小题13:A.quietlyB.brightlyC.quicklyD.openly小题14:A.courageB.happinessC.fearD.idea小题15:A.exchangeB.send C.expectD.share
One day, a woman sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground. The woman _36__ a little boy in a red coat and said: “That is my son __37__ is moving smoothly down the slide (滑板)”. “What a lovely boy!” the man replied. Then he went __38__ saying, “That is my daughter on the bike. She is __39__ a white dress”. After a while, the man looked at his __40__ and called to the girl in white, “Shall we go home, Mary?” “Only five __41__ minutes, Dad, please?” little Mary cried. The man __42__ and Mary went on riding her bike happily. Five minutes passed soon. The father __43__ and called again to his daughter: “It’s time __44__ now, Mary?” Again, Mary pleaded (恳求), “Give me more minutes, Dad. __45__ five more minutes, OK?” The man smiled and said: “OK.” The __46__ responded, “You are surely a patient father.” __47__ in thought, the man said nothing. However, after a __48__, he smiled and then said: “Her elder brother Tom was killed by a __49__ driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never __50__ much time with Tom and now I would give anything for just five more minutes with him. I wouldn’t make the same __51__ with Mary. She thinks she has five more minutes to ride her bike. The __52__ is that I get five more minutes to watch her play. Life sometimes __53__ too suddenly. ” Yes, life is all about making priorities (优先考虑的事), and what are your priorities? Don’t always __ 54__ excuses for your not being able to accompany your family members or your friends. Give someone you are __55__ five more minutes of your time today! 小题1:A.pointed toB.looked upC.shouted atD.argued with小题2:A.whichB.whoC./D.whose小题3:A.inB.upC.on D.out小题4:A.wearingB.puttingC.foldingD.glaring小题5:A.feetB.watchC.honeyD.gift小题6:A.lessB.illegalC.latterD.more小题7:A.noddedB.shookC.refusedD.shocked小题8:A.put downB.stood upC.cut downD.picked up小题9:A.goingB.goneC.wentD.to go小题10:A.TooB.ImmediatelyC.ClearlyD.Just小题11:A.womanB.manC.girlD.boy小题12:A.ReactedB.FrightenedC.LostD.Rebuilt小题13:A.rankB.whileC.realityD.shelter小题14:A.socialB.drunkC.suitableD.unfair小题15:A.spent B.wastedC.explodedD.fed小题16:A.rideB.groundC.mistakeD.preparations小题17:A.chanceB.truth C.injuryD.glory小题18:A.harvestsB.ignoresC.changesD.orders小题19:A.operateB.questionC.makeD.purchase小题20:A.proud ofB.beneficial toC.worried aboutD.devoted to
In the morning, Slim got up and prepared breakfast for his wife as usual. Nicole, his wife was listening to music in the bedroom. __小题1:_, he felt that his body was shaking. Slim had the __小题2:__ response that there was an earthquake! He __小题3:__ quickly: “Dear, earthquake! Go to the toilet!” Nicole heard the shouting,&小题4:&the first aid box quickly and ran into the toilet. The house was&小题5:&even more dramatically (剧烈地).Bathroom was the next door to the kitchen. Slim picked up a kitchen __小题6:__ and two pieces of bread outside the kitchen. Slim tried to __小题7:__ along the wall to help Nicole.__小题8:__, it got dark suddenly with an explosion. The house __小题9:_____down and many things fell from above. Nicole was quickly buried in&小题10:&.She felt breathing very difficult. She tried to stand up, but &小题11:&&.A few minutes later, the land was __小题12:.Nicole heard the sound of short __小题13:_ and thought it was Slim! She shouted to him but no __小题14:__! He probably fainted. Nicole kept saying his name and she finally heard a response, two people encouraged and __小题15:__ each other. They knew that there must be a way to &&小题16:&.Slim found that they were close and were &&小题17:&&by the fallen stones and some powder. He started to dig with the kitchen knife. He felt __小题18:__ from his fingers. Finally, he removed the last piece of larger stones. Slim touched Nicole's one hand, then dug the __小题19:__ stones of her body. Finally, Nicole had a __小题20:__ breathing slowly. Two people sat on the ground and hugged together.小题21:A.SuddenlyB.ActuallyC.UnfortunatelyD.Really小题22:A.recentB.rapid C.late D.slow小题23:A.warnedB.howledC.jumpedD.shouted小题24:A.used upB.found out C.took upD.put away小题25:A.burningB.fallingC.shakingD.moving小题26:A.toolB.cookC.forkD.knife小题27:A.walkB.wanderC.runD.jump小题28:A.HoweverB.ThereforeC.InsteadD.Besides小题29:A.layB.crashedC.brokeD.bent小题30:A.ruinsB.ashesC.dirt D.pieces小题31:A.senselessB.impossibleC.impracticalD.invaluable小题32:A.normalB.usualC.flatD.silent小题33:A.stepsB.breathC.movementsD.pauses小题34:A.responseB.signC.hopeD.result小题35:A.touchedB.heldC.calmedD.called小题36:A.relaxB.communicateC.succeedD.escape小题37:A.wrappedB.separatedC.fastenedD.limited小题38:A.painB.coldC.waterD.warmth小题39:A.stickingB.beatingC.surroundingD.spreading小题40:A.completeB.constantC.steadyD.weak
题型:阅读理解
A farmer had some puppies to sell. He painted a sign advertising them on the edge of his yard.One day, a little boy came to buy one of the puppies. With a whistle(口哨), the farmer called, “Here, Dolly!” Out from the doghouse ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy stood against the fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else inside the doghouse. Slowly another little ball appeared, something wrong with its legs, doing its best to catch up.“I want that one,” the little boy said. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, “Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would.”With that, the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so, he showed a steel brace(固定器) running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, “You see, sir,& I don’t run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands.”小题1:How did the farmer advertise his puppies?A.Advertise them in the newspaper.B.Put up a sign in his yard.C.Show them to his neighbors.D.Send pictures to a magazine.小题2:The underlined words “four little balls of fur” refer to “______”.A.four toy ballsB.four balls made of furC.four lovely dogsD.four puppies with no fur小题3:Why did the boy choose the last dog?A.Because they have something in common.B.Because he didn't have enough money.C.Because it was the most lovely one.D.Because the farmer wouldn't sell other dogs.小题4:According to the story, we know that the boy .A.didn't like dogs at allB.needed a dog to help himC.could run as fast as othersD.had an artificial(假的) leg
One morning, Charley, a little green frog, was sitting in a pond by the side of the road. Wanda, the neighborhood witch(女巫), was walking along the road. She was a good witch and dreamt to become a fairy godmother who can save people from trouble with magic powers. Wanda had been learning fairy godmother magic for 103 years. That morning, she decided to try the magic she had learned and bring happiness to others. Seeing Wanda, Charley cried, “Hi, Wanda.” “Hi, Charley,” replied Wanda, “I have a surprise for you.” Then, Wanda waved her wand(魔杖), said a magic word, and Charley turned into a prince! When Charley-turned-prince looked at himself in the water, he cried, “Hey! You turned me into a prince! It’s a surprise all right, but I don’t want to be a prince! Change me back right now!”“Oh, dear,” Wanda said. “You shouted so loud that I forgot the way to change you back. But who wouldn’t rather be a prince?”“I wouldn’t!” cried Charley. “I want to be a frog!” He stuck out his tongue, missing a bug (虫子)flying by the end of his nose. “Look at that, Wanda! I was a good fly catcher. But now, this tongue is too short! Please change me back!” “I can’t, Charley. But you’ll learn to be happy as a prince.” She waved her wand, and suddenly a castle appeared. Out of the castle dozens of musicians were playing various instruments. “Charley! You’ll have servants, eat delicious foods, and you can sing and dance and snap fingers(弹响指).” “No!” Charley interrupted, “I don’t want all these! I want bugs!” Charley cried. “I don’t want to sing and dance! And why would I do something as silly as snapping my fingers?” “Snapping fingers!” cried out Wanda. “That’s what I forgot!” She snapped her fingers, cried “Upsi-doodle!” and the castle and musicians disappeared and the prince became a little green frog.” Charley looked at himself in the water. “ You did it, Wanda. Oh, happy day! I’m a frog.” “I must apologize, Charley,” Wanda said, “You are a happy frog. I should know this a moment ago.”小题1:Wanda turned Charley from a frog into a prince &&&&&&&&&.A.of her own willB.to play a joke on himC.at the request of charleyD.to teach Charley a lesson小题2:After the little green frog became a prince, he&&&&&&&&.&&&&&&&& .A.was grateful to WandaB.wanted a great palaceC.couldn’t recognize WandaD.became angry with Wanda小题3:At the end of the story, Wanda probably felt&&&&&&&&.&&&&&& .A.satisfiedB.ashamedC.worriedD.excited小题4:According to the passage, which of the following conclusions can we get?A.Just be yourselfB.Do nothing by halvesC.Helping others is a virtueD.Where there is a will, there is a way
(C)A Different Roast Every Day Alan worked in an office in the city. He worked very hard and really wanted to take a holiday. He usually went to the seaside, but one day he saw an ad(广告) in a newspaper. " Enjoy country life. Spend a few weeks at Willow Farm. Good food, fresh air, horse riding, walking, fishing. Good prices (价格)." "This sounds like a good idea," he thought. "I'll spend a month at Willow Farm. I'll enjoy horse riding, walking and fishing. They'll make a change from sitting by the seaside." Four days later he returned home. "What's wrong with Willow Farm?" his friend Jack asked him. " Didn't you enjoy country life?" "Country life was fine," Alan said, "but there was another problem." "Oh, what?" "Well, the first day I was there a sheep died, and we had roast mutton (烤羊肉) for dinner." "Fresh meat is the best." "I know, but on the second day a cow died, and we had roast beef for dinner." "Lucky you!" "You don't understand," Alan said. "On the third day a pig died and we had roast pork for dinner." "A different roast every day," Jack said. " Let me finish," Alan said, " on the fourth day the farmer died and I didn't dare to stay for dinner!" 小题1:Where did Alan work? He worked ___. A.on a farmB.at a school C.in a restaurantD.in an office in a city小题2:Where did Alan usually go to spend his holiday? A.by the seasideB.in the country C.in the mountainsD.on an island小题3:Why did Alan decide to spend his holiday at Willow Farm? Because ___. A.he lived near there B.he had a good friend there C.he thought it would make a change from sitting by the seaside D.he wanted to enjoy the fresh air in the country小题4:How many days did he stay on the farm? A.A few days.B.A week.C.Three days.D.Four days.小题5: What made Alan return so soon? A.He fell ill. B.The air there was not fresh. C.The prices were too high. D.He was afraid that they would have the dead man for dinner.
At Blossom End Railroad Station, 22-year-old Stanley Vine sat, waiting for his new employer. The surrounding green fields were so unlike the muddy landscape of war-torn France. After four horrible years as an army private fighting in Europe, Stanley had returned to England in February 1946. Armed now with some savings and with no prospects for a job in England, he answered a newspaper ad for farm help in Canada. Two months later he was on his way.When the old car rumbled (发着辘辘声) toward the tiny station, Stanley rose to his feet, trying to make the most of his five foot and four inches frame. The farmer, Alphonse Lapine, shook his head and complained, “You’re a skinny thing.” On the way to his dairy farm, Alphonse explained that he had a wife and seven kids. “Money is tight. You’ll get room and board. You’ll get up at dawn for milking, and then help me around the farm until evening milking time again. Ten dollars a week. Sundays off.” Stanley nodded. He had never been on a farm before, but he took the job.From the beginning Stanley was treated horribly by the whole family. They made fun of the way he dressed and talked. He could do nothing right. The humourless farmer frequently lost his temper, criticizing Stanley for the slightest mistake. The oldest son, 13-year-old Armand, constantly played tricks on him. But the kind-hearted Stanley never responded.Stanley never became part of the Lapine family. After work, they ignored him. He spend his nights alone in a tiny bedroom. However, each evening before retiring, he lovingly cared for the farmer’s horses, eagerly awaiting him at the field gate. He called them his gentle giants. On Saturday nights he hitch-hiked into the nearest town and wandered the streets or enjoyed a restaurant meal before returning to the farm.Early one November morning Alphonse Lapine discovered that Stanley had disappeared, after only six months as his farmhand. The railway station master, when questioned later that week, said he had not seen him. In fact no one in the community ever heard of him again. That is, until one evening, almost 20 years later, when Armand, opened an American sports magazine and came across a shocking headline, “Millionaire jockey (赛马骑师), Stanley Vine, ex-British soldier and 5-time horse riding champion, began life in North America as a farmhand in Canada.”小题1:Stanley Vine decided to go to Canada because ___________.A.he wanted to escape from war-torn FranceB.he wanted to serve in the Canadian armyC.he couldn’t find a job in England D.he loved working as a farmhand小题2:Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?A.Stanley joined the French army when he was 18 years old.B.On the farm Stanley had to milk the cows 14 times a week.C.The Lapine family were very rich but cruel to Stanley.D.Stanely read about the job offer in a newspaper.小题3:What did Stanley like doing after work each day?A.Hitch-hiking to different towns.B.Caring for the farmer’s horses.C.Wandering around the farm alone.D.Preparing meals on the farm.小题4:Why was Armand so astonished when he read about Stanley in the magazine?A.He didn’t know Stanley had been a British soldier.B.He had no idea Stanley had always been a wealthy man.C.He didn’t know his father paid Stanley so little money.D.He didn’t expect Stanley to become such a success.
I began working in journalism(新闻工作)when I was eight. It was my mother’s idea. She wanted me to “make something” of myself, and decided I had better start young if I was to have any chance of keeping up with the competition.With my load of magazines I headed toward Belleville Avenue. The crowds were there. There were two gas stations on the corner of Belleville and Union. For several hours I made myself highly visible, making sure everyone could see me and the heavy black letters on the bag that said THE SATURDAY EVENING POST. When it was suppertime, I walked back home.“ How many did you sell, my boy?” my mother asked.“ None.”“ Where did you go?”“ The corner of Belleville and Union Avenues.”“ What did you do?”“ Stood on the corner waiting for somebody to buy a Saturday Evening Post.”“ You just stood there?”“ Didn’t sell a single one.”“ My God, Russell!”Uncle Allen put in, “ Well, I’ve decided to take the Post.” I handed him a copy and he paid me a nickle(五分镍币). It was the first nickle I earned.Afterwards my mother taught me how to be a salesman. I would have to ring doorbells, address adults with self-confidence(自信), and persuade them by saying that no one, no matter how poor, could afford to be without the Saturday Evening Post in the home.One day, I told my mother I’d changed my mind. I didn’t want to make a success in the magazine business.“ If you think you can change your mind like this,” she replied, “ you’ll become a good-for-nothing.” She insisted that, as soon as school was over, I should start ringing doorbells, selling magazines. Whenever I said no, she would scold me.My mother and I had fought this battle almost as long as I could remember. My mother, dissatisfied with my father’s plain workman’s life, determined that I would not grow up like him and his people. But never did she expect that, forty years later, such a successful journalist as me would go back to her husband’s people for true life and love.小题1:Why did the boy start his job young?A.He wanted to be famous in the future.B.The job was quite easy for him.C.His mother had high hopes for him.D.The competiton for the job was fierce.小题2:From the dialogue between the boy and his mother, we learn that the mother was _______.A.excitedB.interestedC.ashamedD.disappointed(失望的)小题3:What did the mother do when the boy wanted to give up?A.She forced him to continue.B.She punished him.C.She gave him some money.D.She changed her plan.小题4:What does the underlined phrase “this battle”(last paragraph) refer to?A.The war between the boy’s parents. B.The arguing between the boy and his mother.C.The quarrel between the boy and his customers. D.The fight between the boy and his father.小题5:What is the text mainly about?A.The early life of a journalist.B.The early success of a journalist.C.The happy childhood of the writer.D.The important role of the writer in his family.

我要回帖

更多关于 once there was 的文章

随机推荐