以supermarkets为题,以快乐为题写一篇作文不少于100字的作文

答案:B;A;C;A;B;B解析:
请选择年级七年级八年级九年级请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:初中英语
来源:湖北省宜昌市长阳县2012届九年级上学期期末模拟检测英语试题
阅读理解:
  Indonesia is my mother’s homeland and one of my favorite countries.Since I was young, I had learned a lot about the country and become interested in it.For a long time I had wanted to do something for the country and people there, and I thought volunteering would be a good and fun way to do so.
  I received the greatest pleasure from being with the children.
  Teaching my first English class in Aceh was exciting but I was rather nervous.As time passed by I learned how to be a better teacher.Teaching was actually the most enjoyable of my many responsibilities(责任).
  Many children were shy at first.But when they relaxed, they would start talking and telling you a lot of funny things.I believe we were helping them build up their confidence.
  For the children who are more in need, The Education Program(TEP)will collect donations from the public to help them.
  As a volunteer, I had to visit the TEP children at home once a month and help them write a thank-you letter to their sponsors.This was a way for the children to communicate with their sponsors.Sometimes the sponsors would write back to the children.Seeing the children’s happy faces I had a great sense of pleasure.
The writer thought volunteering would be a good way to ________
play outdoors
do something for Indonesia
learn more about Indonesia
get the greatest pleasure
The writer felt ________ when he gave his first class.
The writer visited the TEP children ________
to play with them
to help them write a thank-you letter
to help them with their study
to help them build up their confidence
The underlined word “sponsors” means “________”
What’s the best title(标题)of the passage?
I want to be a teacher
My beautiful homeland
The children in the poor area
My experience as a volunteer
来源:河北省石家庄市2012届九年级中考模拟考试英语试题
阅读理解。
  Your friends might be in England or may be just next-door neighbors, but they are all just a few clicks away.Life has changed a lot for millions of young people who like to make friends online around the world.Whether you use chat room, QQ, MSN or OICQ, you are in this group.
  “I don't often talk with my parents or grandparents, but I talk a lot with my friends on QQ, ” said Tears in Hand, an online name used by a girl student in China.
  QQ is the biggest messaging service in China now.A report from the company which developed QQ says that 4 million people used it one Saturday night in October.And probably Tears in Hand was one of them.“I log in on Friday nights, Saturdays or Sundays, when I feel bored.I usually spend about ten hours chatting online every week, ” she said.“But I never talk with strangers, especially boys or men.” Even though she likes chatting, she is careful about making friends with strangers online because she knows that she shouldn't believe in the strangers online easily.
  Many people like to meet online when they feel they have got to know someone very well.Tears in Hand once met one online friend face to face and they went to a football match together.
  A boy named Blue Sky dislikes QQ users, “I used to chat on QQ, but I found most people are talking about foolish things.Now I only chat in English in MSN with my Japanese or American friends because I want to learn more about foreign cultures.So he spends very little time chatting on QQ and he thinks it's a waste of time and money.He said, “If you are addicted to it, you can't concentrate on your lessons.We should know that friends in our real life are more important than those online ones.”
People meet face to face when they think they ________.
have known each other well
have the same interest
have enough free time
have nothing to do
Tears in Hand thinks QQ is ________.
the biggest messaging service in China
a good place to spend her boring time
a safe place to chat with strangers
the best place to make friends
From the passage, we know “…they are all just a few clicks away” means “ ________ ”.
it is wonderful to see your friends by clicking
it is easy and fast to get in touch with your friends
it is impossible to make friend online
it is popular to live much closer to your friends
Which of the following sentences is TRUE according to the last paragraph?
All the people on QQ are talking about foolish things.
Chatting online is helpful and interesting.
We can't believe boys or men online.
We should think more of our friends in real life.
The main idea of this passage is ________.
the world is becoming smaller and smaller because of the Internet
we can use QQ now
QQ is very popular among young people
QQ is always helpful to young people
来源:吉林省长春外国语学校2011届九年级上学期期中考试英语试题
阅读理解。
  Perhaps once you got free plastic bags when you shopped at the supermarket.But now things have changed already.
  Since June 1, 2008, China has banned(禁止)its shops and supermarkets providing free plastic bags.Shoppers have to pay for bags if they need them.“We hope it will encourage people to use cloth bags and baskets for their vegetables,” said a spokesman from the Chinese government.“Plastic bags have led to a big waste of energy and on the other hand, they pollute(污染)the air, rivers and soil.It takes around 1000 years for the bags to break down.They are also dangerous to wildlife, which eats them without knowing.”
  A large number of Chinese people have begun to make their own cloth bags.Li Linwei, a student in Shenyang, Liaoning Province, made a bag out of an old dress of her mother’s.“ I have given it to my grandmother as a Mother’s Day present.From now on, she will use it when she goes shopping.” said the girl.
根据短文内容,回答下列问题。
1.Since what time, supermarkets have been stopped from providing free plastic bags?
2.Without free plastic bags, what will people use when they go shopping according to the passage?
3.Do plastic bags pollute the environment?
4.How long will it take the plastic bags to break down?
5.What present did Li Linwei give her grandmother on Mother’s Day?
阅读理解:  In the middle of the night, Sully's wife was suddenly ill. She had great(痛)pains and rolled(滚动)from side to side, crying, " Oh, my stomach(胃)! Get the doctor! Get the doctor! "  Sully got out of bed and started dressing. As soon as he had put his clothes on, he said, " Now, my dear, are you quite certain that you need the doctor? We must not wake him unless(除非)it is really necessary. "  " Yes, I am. Go, go, go! " his wife shouted, " Or you will find me dead by the morning. "  So Sully opened the door and went out into the street with a stick in his hand. He had only gone a few steps, when he heard his wife calling him again.   " I'm all right again now. I shall not want the doctor, " she said softly.   " Well, that's good, " Sully replied, and at once started running as fast as he could towards the doctor's house. When he arrived there, he knocked on the door with his stick, loudly enough to wake everybody nearby.   The doctor put his sleepy(困倦的)head out of the bedroom window and said, " Eh? What's that? Who's there? "  " Oh, Doctor, " Sully called up to him, " I've very good news for you. My wife was ill with terrible pains. I was on my way to bring you to her, but she called me back and said that the pains had suddenly left her. So you need not come. Go back to bed now, and sleep well! "
判断下列句子是否符合短文内容,符合的用“T”表示,不符合的用“F”表示。
  1. There was something wrong with Sully's wife one night.
  2. Sully didn't want to wake the doctor up in the middle of the night.&
  3. Sully's wife was badly ill.
  4. Sully's wife was all right because she was afraid of doctors.
  5. Sully woke up the the doctor at last.
来源:专项题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解。 Once Einstein gave a lecture in many places in America. His driver always listened to him and knew the lectureso well that he was sure be could give it himself. So Einstein agreed that the driver gave the lecture him.&&&& As nobody knew Einstein there, the driver gave the lecture for Einstein that evening. At first he was a bit afraid, but Einstein's smile made him feel better. He gave a good lecture and the people were quite pleased.&&&& Then the driver started to leave and Einstein followed him without a word. When they got to the door, a manasked the driver a difficult question.&&& The driver said that the question was very easy, and told the man to ask his driver behind to answer it. &&& 根据短文内容填空,每空限填一词。&&& Einstein gave the (1) ______ lecture again and again. His driver (2) ______ to his lecture so many times (3) ______ he wanted to give it (4) ______. When Einstein knew it, he let the driver (5) ______ the lecture for him that night. The driver gave a (6) ______ lecture and the great scientist was quite pleased.&&&& When they were (7) ______ the lecture room, a man asked the driver a question. To show (8) ______ easy the question was, the driver asked Einstein who followed him (9) ______ to answer it (10) ______ of him.请以“如何提高学习成绩”为题,写一篇大约100字左右的英语作文。_百度知道
请以“如何提高学习成绩”为题,写一篇大约100字左右的英语作文。
最好是接近实际的!
我有更好的答案
Easy to create a viable plan to improve learning. At the same time take part in appropriate school activities, all-round development. In the learning process, we must: to listen to many (students), many in mind (remember the Van important, remember the concept of mind formula), many look (read), do (homework), many question (do not know on the question), many hands (to do the experiment), many review, summed up many. with classroom note-taking methods in mind to focus class attention. watch many important texts in English, familiar with the vocabulary and usage. other times, we must ensure that the learning time of the study subjects to ensure quality,...
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
您可能关注的推广回答者:
英语作文的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁日全国英语四级等级考试真题和参考答案解析-英语文章阅读-print-大耳朵英语 - 免费在线英语学习 口语练习 四级听力资料 在线翻译 网络课堂 英语社区
03:28:04  【】
四级写作这次还是出得没什么新意,还是结合生活的细节事情来命题,考“过度包装”。其实徐可风认为这也怪不了命题的兄弟,毕竟四六级的命题也就是那些套路了,用多了,自然就很难再创新了。“过度包装”这种现象可风倒是常常看到,例如朋友中秋送的月饼啊,那月饼盒包装得比无比奢华,比骨灰盒还奢华。
命题还是按照“描述现象”“分析原因”“建议措施”这老掉牙的三板斧,尽管老套,那也是“斧斧”生辉。(突然看到韩国再次扣押我国渔船的新闻,先鄙视一下)考前的YY里已经把最有效的方式给了大家,就照写吧(佛祖会保佑信文都的孩子的!)。昨天微博(新浪,腾讯)再次针对具体写作的思路内容给出了建议,不负众望,也有部分内容命中。
下面徐可风就结合考前给出的模式,加上考前徐可风的预测内容,按照四级阅卷要求,写一份符合四级阅卷要求的的考场参考文章,以供参考。
① Nowadays, there is a widespread concern over excessive packaging in our country.
② It is known to all that excessive packaging has negative influences on consumers.
③ And people would turn pale at the very mention of excessive packaging.
① There are many reasons why excessive packaging emerges, but in general, they come down to three major ones.
② For one thing, I argue, Chinese consumers care more about packaging than product itself.
③ For another, the packaging often represents the quality of product, so the manufacturer is eager to do excessive packaging.
④ But the prime reason is perhaps that the department concerned turns a blind eye to this irrational phenomenon.
① In regard to this problem, steps should be taken to minimize it.
② The first thing we should do is to emphasize product's quality over its packaging.
③ Another thing we can do is to strengthen the supervision on excessive packaging.
④ In addition, the Weibo is one of the most effective media that remind consumers to spend reasonably.
On Excessive Packaging
Wandering at the supermarkets, you could find that the shelves are filled with fancy and excessively-packaged goods with high price, especially when festivals approach. Although the government has much concerns over this issue, the phenomena are still common.
The reasons can be listed as follows. First, manufacturers could benefit from the over-packaging. Fancy packaging would increase the price to a large extent, from which they can earn more money. Secondly, some of the goods are brought and sent as gifts to our relatives and superiors. Gorgeously packaged gifts would be more attractive and add “face” to the one who buys and sends them.
From my point of view, excessive packaging is a waste of resources and money. Most people would throw the package away after they open it, which would lay heavier burden to our environment. To prevent this, every citizen should be aware of the problem, and strict laws must be made or reinforced to restrict the manufactures from excessive packaging.
本次写作延续了传统的出题方式,即英文题目+ 中文解析,但同时也继续了去年的一点小改动,对字数作了明确的限定。对于考生而言,商品过度包装本身已是日常生活的热点话题,大家比较熟悉,能有较多发挥空间。
在写作过程当中,最重要的是要理清思路,将文章的逻辑关系理清。范文中,作者第一段描述了这一现象;第二段中,开篇便点出了主题,一目了然,列出了出现这一现象的原因;最后一段里,作者发表总结了自己的一些观点。全文条理较为清晰。
其次,在句型方面,建议考生使用长短句交错的方式,这样节奏便较为明朗。
最后,用词方面,文章对“过度包装”使用了多种表达方式,如fancy packaging, luxurious packaging, glorious packaging等等。这样文章便不会显得“干燥”,让阅卷老师怀疑你的词汇量。因此,同学们在平时一定要注意同义词、词组的替换和使用。
On Excessive Packaging
Nowadays, the phenomenon of excessive packaging has becoming increasingly serious. Lots of packages have already deviated from their original function. Excessive packaging is a serious waste phenomenon, which deserves our special attention and penetrating research.
There are many reasons accounting for excessive packaging. Firstly, the promotion effects of excessive packaging have been greatly exaggerated by interest-driven merchants. Furthermore, it is irrational consumption that led to the phenomenon of excessive packaging. The last but not the least, as everyone sees it that distempered of the related laws and regulations and inadequate enforcement of the law together contributed to this phenomenon.
As far as I am concerned, excessive packaging not only creates waste of resources, but also causes unnecessary environment pollution, so we should try our best to eliminate this phenomenon completely. To avoid excessive packaging, we should increase our awareness of this phenomenon and change our ideas towards it. We should also establish the atmosphere of simple packaging, advocate appropriate packaging and build a conservation-minded society.
On Excessive Packaging
In recent years, with the economy growing, all kinds of goods are flowing into our life. The packaging of goods becomes more and more attracting our eyes. However, the problem of excessive packaging has aroused people’s wide concern.
This phenomenon exists for a number of reasons. For one thing, the business has seen through the mind of most consumers who are face-saving, for they thought that the more beautiful the packaging of goods is, the best people like. For another thing, excessive packaging can make the majority of merchants get high profit for the cheap commodity by improving price. Perhaps the primary reason lies that the form far outweighs the content.
In my opinion, it is more advisable to focus on the quality of goods than to decorate its appearance. So, it is urgent that immediate measures should be taken to stop the situation. Only in this way can we reduce unnecessary waste and have a rational and pure shopping condition, making our money cost worthwhile.
On Excessive Packaging
Nowadays, with the rapid development of national economy and elevation of cultural demands, more and more commodities with luxury packaging appear in stores or supermarkets. Lots of people select these commodities to present as gifts to bosses, friends or relatives at festivals.
This phenomenon, which resulted by several factors, arouses hot discussions among people. One of these reasons is the psychology of extravagance-showing among people of all ranks. They tend to feel inferior if their presents look common and simple. On the other hand, lots of merchants, out of the consideration of their commercial profits, use all their efforts to promote their goods, which need to be luxuriously packaged as to meet the demands of market. Last but not the least, some people select these over packaging commodities to please their bosses in order to get a promotion.
Overall, this phenomenon is an outcome of the market economy. It can promote the development of economy, but, at the same time, leads to the corruption of social morality. We should take all measures to reduce the production of these commodities as to control social environment.
On Excessive Packaging
I assume that you are familiar with the phenomenon of “Excessive Packaging”. Taking a look around,we can find examples with ease:a small computer is packed in a thick and heavycarton,clothes are putted in a well-designed plastic bagsand moon-cakes are usually placed in delicate boxes.
What are the causes of this problem? On the one hand, to earn more economic gains, a considerable number of manufactures usually wrap their products with unnecessary but appealing materials aiming at attracting customer’s attention , arousing their curiosity and then stimulating their purchasing desire. On the other hand, quite a few customers believe that the more delicate the package seems,the superior the quality will be,the notion has also encouraged the trend of excessive packaging.
To change this situation, I think we should take the following measures. First, laws must be made and implemented to impose restriction onexcessive packaging. Moreover, a public education campaign should be launched to arouse customers' consciousness that packaging doesn't equal to quality. Only in this way can we put an end to this trend. (185words)
中文译文:
我觉得你应该对"商品过度包装"现象也不陌生。在我们生活的周围,我们随处可见这样的例子:小电脑包装在一个又厚又重的纸板盒里,衣服包装在设计精美的塑料袋里,月饼通常也放在精致的包装盒里。
这个问题的原因到底是什么? 首先,很多制造商为了获得更多的经济利益,通常都将商品用不必要却吸引人的包装里,目的在于吸引顾客的注意力,唤起他们的好奇心然后刺激他们的消费欲望。另一方面,相当多的顾客认为,包装越精致,产品的质量就越高,这个想法也加剧的了商品过度包装的趋势。
为了改变这个现状,我认为应该采取以下的措施,首先,必须制定是执行相关的法律限制商品过度包装;其次,我们应该开展广泛的教育运动唤起人们的意识,那就是,包装不等于产品质量。只有这样我们才能杜绝这种趋势。
过度包装,类似题目在多种类型的考试或者考试预测中出现过。做为一种语言考试,考生不用在意作文题目,因为说什么不重要,只要内容相关就可以了,重要的是对语言的把握。不是考what to say,而是考how to say。
首先,语言变化性。这个题目中出现频率最高的词,最好能用近义表达替代。如overly, redundant, wrap, container等。语言的变化性,在国内外考试中都是一个重要的评分项目。其次,避免错误。语言性的错误是难以让考官容忍的。四六级的通过,虽然不能证明您英语有多好,但能证明你英语不算差。所以错误的多少直接影响考生是否通过。
下面这个文章不能算是好文章,偶尔还有些不妥,但能是一篇较成功的应试文章,这个文章的句子和思维结构都可以在今天下午的六级考试中再次成功套用。模板,难以让您获得高分,但合格和中等是多半可行的。牢记,这只是一个语言测试。
把握好语言基础,掌握好应试技巧。
Today, people in growing numbers are beginning to realize the seriousness of prevailing using excessive packing. This is a matter of concerns in the commercial society. Certainly, there is a general discussion among people as to the view of redundant wrapping.
A number of reasons are responsible for this. To begin with, an increasing number of persons like the apparent beauty, and it may attract potential clients. In addition, a good-looking container is viewed as a high quality sometimes. What’s more, it is a waste of resources, but it is possible to gain more benefits than before. Besides, the community tends to accept this, which means more and more people are likely to use it. The above may be the cause for this issue.
From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that over-pack plays an important role in commercial sales. It is high time that effective actions should be taken to prevent this problem, though redundant wrapping is concerned as an art somehow.
小编导言:继深度阅读第二篇文章后(点击查看2012年6月英语四级深度阅读第二篇原文&&),2012年6月英语四级快读阅读又选自《The Daily Beast》!(《每日野兽》,美国新闻网站,由《纽约客》前总编蒂娜·布朗创办)这是该网站2008年的一篇文章,基本一字未改。看来,四六级选材的来源不再局限于《卫报》,而是越来越广泛了哦。
Small Schools Rising
This year's list of the top 100 high schools shows that today, those with fewer students are flourishing.
Fifty years ago, they were the latest thing in educational reform: big, modern, suburban high schools with students counted in the thousands. As baby boomers came of high-school age, big schools promised economic efficiency, a greater choice of courses, and, of course, better football teams. Only years later did we understand the trade-offs this involved: the creation of lumbering bureaucracies, the difficulty of forging personal connections between teachers and students. SAT scores began dropping in 1963; today, on average, 30 percent of students do not complete high school in four years, a figure that rises to 50 percent in poor urban neighborhoods. While the emphasis on teaching to higher, test-driven standards embodied in No Child Left Behind resulted in significantly better performance in elementary (and some middle) schools, high schools for a variety of reasons seemed stuck in a rut.
Size isn't everything, but it does matter, and the past decade has seen a noticeable countertrend toward smaller schools. This has been fostered, in part, by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which has invested $1.8 billion in American high schools, helping to open about 1,000 small schools—most of them with about 400 kids each, with an average enrollment of only 150 per grade. About 500 more are on the drawing board. Districts all over the country are taking notice, along with mayors in cities like New York, Chicago, Milwaukee and San Diego. The movement includes independent public charter schools, such as No. 1 BASIS in Tucson, with only 120 high-schoolers and 18 graduates this year. It embraces district-sanctioned magnet schools, such as the Talented and Gifted School, with 198 students, and the Science and Engineering Magnet, with 383, which share a building in Dallas, as well as the City Honors School in Buffalo, N.Y., which grew out of volunteer evening seminars for students. And it includes alternative schools with students selected by lottery, such as H-B Woodlawn in Arlington, Va. And most conspicuous of all, there is the phenomenon of large urban and suburban high schools that have split up into smaller units of a few hundred, generally housed in the same sprawling grounds that once boasted thousands of students all marching to the same band.
Hillsdale High School in San Mateo, Calif., is one of those, ranking No. 423—among the top 2 percent in the country—on NEWSWEEK's annual ranking of America's top high schools. The success of small schools is apparent in the listings. Ten years ago, when the first NEWSWEEK list based on college-level test participation was published, only three of the top 100 schools had graduating classes smaller than 100 students. This year there are 22. Nearly 250 schools on the full NEWSWEEK list of the top 5 percent of schools nationally, available , had fewer than 200 graduates in 2007.
Although many of Hillsdale's students came from affluent households, by the late 1990s average test scores were sliding and it had earned the unaffectionate nickname "Hillsjail." Jeff Gilbert, a Hillsdale teacher who became principal last year, remembers sitting with other teachers watching students file out of a graduation ceremony and asking one another in astonishment, "How did that student graduate?"
So in 2003 Hillsdale remade itself into three "houses," romantically designated Florence, Marrakech and Kyoto. Each of the 300 arriving ninth graders are randomly assigned to one of the houses, where they will keep the same four core subject teachers for two years, before moving on to another for 11th and 12th grades. The closeness this system fosters was reinforced by the institution of "advisory" classes. Teachers meet with students in groups of 25, five mornings a week, for open-ended discussions of everything from homework problems to bullying and bad Saturday-night dates. The advisers also meet with students privately and stay in touch with parents, so they are deeply invested in the students' success. "We're constantly talking about one another's advisees, " says English teacher Chris Crockett. "If you hear that yours isn't doing well in algebra, or see them sitting outside the dean's office, it's like a personal failure." Along with the new structure came a more rigor the percentage of freshmen taking biology jumped from 17 to 95. "It was rough for some, but by senior year, two thirds have moved up to physics," says Gilbert. "Our kids are coming to school in part because they know there are adults here who know them and care for them." But not all schools show advances after downsizing, and it remains to be seen whether smaller schools will be a panacea.
The NEWSWEEK list of top U.S. high schools was compiled this year, as in years past, according to a single metric, the proportion of students taking college-level exams: Cambridge, International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement. We count the total number of these tests taken at a school by all students each May, and divide by the number of graduating seniors. Any school with a ratio of 1.000 or higher is placed on the NEWSWEEK list. Over the years this system has come in for its share of criticism for its simplicity. But that is also its strength: it's easy for readers to understand, and to do the arithmetic for their own schools if they'd like.
Ranking schools within the list is always controversial, and this year a group of 38 superintendents from five states wrote to ask that their schools be excluded from the calculation. "It is impossible to know which high schools are 'the best' in the nation," their letter read, in part. "Determining whether different schools do or don't offer a high quality of education requires a look at many different measures, including students' overall academic accomplishments and their subsequent performance in college, and taking into consideration the unique needs of their communities."
In the end, the superintendents agreed to provide the data we sought, which is, after all, public information. (A list of all the schools can be found , along with a list of elite schools, whose lack of average students disqualified them from the main list.) There is, in our view,
we are all seeking the same thing, which is schools that better serve our children and our nation by encouraging students to tackle tough subjects under the guidance of gifted teachers. And if we keep working toward that goal, someday, perhaps, a list won't be necessary.
1. a, ensuring no child is left behind.
2. d, students performances declined.
3. d, they are mostly small in size.
4. d, some large schools have split up into smaller ones.
5. c, their college-level test participation.
6. b, their school performance was getting worse.
7. a, maintain closer relationships with their teachers.
8. The proportion of students taking college-level exams
9. a look at many different measures
10. tackle tough subjects under the guidance of gifted teachers
真题音频下载地址: /res-561-6.html第一时间为大家整理2012年6月大学英语四级听力真题的试题与答案,希望对大家有帮助!Part III Listening ComprehensionSection A11:M: As you can see from the drawings, the kitchen has one door into the dining room, another into the family room and a third to the outside.W: The door into the family room isn’t big enough. Could it be made wider?Q: What are the speakers doing?12,M: I’m thinking about where to go for a bite tonight. Any suggestions, Barbara?W: Well, how about the French restaurant near the KFC? Frankly, I’ve had enough of our canteen food.Q: What do we learn about the woman?13,W: Hey, if you can’t enjoy the music at a sensible volume, why not use earphones? I’m preparing for the speech contest.M: Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize I’ve being bothering you all this time.Q: What is the man probably doing?14,M: Finally, I’ve got the chance to put on my new suit tonight. I hope to make a good impression on your family.W: Come on! It’s only a family reunion. So jeans and T-shirts are just fine.Q: What does the woman mean?15.M: Would you like to see those pants in brown and navy blue? These two colors are coming in this season.W: Oh, actually grey is my favourite color, but I prefer something made from cotton, 100% cotton I mean.Q: What is the woman looking for?16.W: From here, the mountains look as if you could just reach out and touch them.M: That’s why I chose this lodge. It has one of the best views in Switzerland.Q: What is the man’s chief consideration in choosing the lodge?17.M: What do I have to do to apply for a passport?W: You need proof of citizenship, either an old passport or a birth certificate and three photographs. Then you must complete this form and pay a fee.Q: What is the man most probably going to do?18.M: Miss, can I interest you in a pork special with serving tonight? It’s only 799, half the usual price and it’s very tasty.W: Oh really? I will try it.Q: What does the man say about the dish?Conversation 1W:Good evening, and welcome to this week’s business world, the program for and about business people. Tonight we have Mr. Steven Kayne, who has just taken over and established bicycle shop. Tell us, Mr. Kayne, what made you want to run your own store?M: Well, I always loved racing bikes and fixing them. When I was working full-time as a salesman for a big company, I seldom had time to enjoy my hobby. I knew then that as soon as I had enough money to get my own business going, I’ll do it. I had my heart set on it and I didn’t let anything stand in my way. When I went down to the bank and got a business loan, I knew I’d love being my own boss. Now my time is my own. I open the store when I want and leave when I want.W: You mean you don’t keep regular hours?M: Well, the sign on my store says the hours are ten to six, but if business is slower than usual, I can just lock up and take off early.W: Have you hired any employees to work with you yet?M: Yeah, a couple of friends of mine who love biking as much as I do. They help me out a few days a week. It’s great because we play cards or just sit around and talk when there are no customers. W: Thank you, Mr. Kayne. We wish you success in your new business.Question 19-22 are based on the conversation you have just heard.19.What is the woman doing?20.What did Mr. Kayne do before he took over the bicycle shop?21.Why did the man take over a bicycle shop?22.What do we learn about the people working in the shop?Conversation 2W: Well, the main activities in the region were historically steel and paper processing, I think.M: Yes, but I’m not quite sure about the status of those industries now. Could you tell us something about that? W: Yes, of course. In fact, they are less significant, but steel-related manufacturing still accounts for 44% of industrial activity. So it’s still very important. In fact, 80% of Spain’s machine tools are from the Basque Country. As for paper processing, there’s still a little. But it’s no longer what it once was in the region. So, is that clear?M: Yes, thanks.W: Now, to get back to what I was saying, there’s a lot of unemployment as well as geographical problems in the region.M: Sorry, Victoria. What do you mean by geographical problems?W: Well, what I mean is the area is very hilly, mountainous in parts. So there used to be transport problems, now though there are new train links and better roads, but it may be that some smaller towns inland remain not very well connected, is that OK? Does that make sense? When we talk about specific location suggestions for the factory, we’ll see this in more detail, so we’ll come back to this question, OK?M: OK, right.W: So I was about to say something about the work force in the region and the level of training and education. In general, it’s very good and improving.Question 23-25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.23. What does the woman say about the steel-related manufacturing in the region?24. What problems hinder the region’s development?25. What will the speakers discuss later?Section BDirections: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear some questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre.Passage OneI first met Joe Gumps when we were both 9 years old, which is probably the only reason he is one of my best friends. If I had first met Joe as a freshman in high school, we wouldn’t even have had the chance to get to know each other. Joe is a day student, but I am a boarding student. We haven’t been in the same classes, sports or extra curriculum activities. Nonetheless, I spend nearly every weekend at his house, and we talk on the phone every night. This is not to say that we would not have been compatible if we had first met in our freshman year. Rather, we would not have been likely to spend enough time getting to know each other, due to the lack of immediately visible mutual interests.In fact, to be honest, I struggle even now to think of things we have in common, but maybe that’s what makes us enjoy each other’s company so much. When I look at my friendship with Joe, I wonder how many people I’ve known whom I never disliked but simply didn’t take the time to get to know. Thanks to Joe, I have realized how little basis there is, for the social divisions that exist in every community. Since this realization, I have begun to make an even more determined effort to find friends in unexpected people and places.Questions:26. Why does the speaker say Joe Gumps become one of his best friends?27. Where does the speaker spend most of his weekends?28. What has the speaker learned from his friendship with Joe?Passage 2It was a bad night for Louis. His research in the neighboring town had taken longer than he expected. It was late and he was very tired when he drove home. He turned into his building’s parking lot, but all the spaces were full. He drove back out onto the street looking for a parking space. The first block was full. The next block was almost empty. Louis didn’t see a no-parking sign, but he suspected that if parking were allowed there, most of the spaces would be filled. Then he saw a small parking lot with two free spaces. He was so glad to see them that he didn’t even think to read the sign by the entrance. He drove in, parked, and hurried home to go to bed. The next morning he went back to the lot to get his car. It was gone. He ran home and telephoned the city police to say that his car had been stolen. It took the police only a minute to tell him what had happened. His car had been on a private lot. It had been taken away by the police. Louis had to take a taxi to the city garage far from the center of town. He had to pay a fee of $40 to get his car back. In addition, he got a parking ticket --- his first one ever in Greenville.29. Where did Louis intend to park his car when he came back from work one night?30. What did Louis think had happened to his car the next morning?31. Where did Louis finally get his car back?Passage 3Well, to pick up where we left off last time, I believe we agreed the creativity is a mysterious idea. It's one of those things we all recognized when we see it. But we don't really understand what it is. We seem to feel that some people are naturally creative, but we don't know how they got that way. Is creativity a natural gift like good looks? Or is it something that can be acquired like knowledge? Perhaps if we analyze the creative process carefully, we might get some insight into what it is and how it might work in our lives. The creative process has always been accepted as a source of all important work in the arts. But we should not think the creativity play the role only in the arts. Every major scientific discovery began with someone imagining the world to look differently from the way others saw it. And this is what the creativity is all about. Imagining the world in a new way, and despite what you may believe about the limits of your own creative imaginations, we all have the potential to imagine the world in an absolute new way. In fact, you were born with it. It is your birth right as a human being. And what's more, you use it every day almost every moment of your life. Your creative imagination is what you use to make sense of your experiences. It's your creative mind to get the meaning from the chaos of your experiences and brings order to your world.32: What did the speaker most probably discuss last time?33: What is a widely accepted idea about the creative process?34: What leads to major scientific discoveries according to the speaker?35: What does the speaker imply about the creative process? Students have been complaining more and more about stolen property. Radios, cell phones, bicycles, pocket calculators and books have all been reported stolen. Are there enough campus police to do the job? There are 20 officers in the campus security division. Their job is to handle crime, accidents, lost and found items, and traffic problems on campus. More than half of their time is spent directing traffic and writing parking tickets. Responding promptly to accidents and other emergencies is important, but it is their smallest job. Dealing with crime takes up the rest of their time. Very rarely did any violent crimes actually occur.In the last five years there have been no murders, seven robberies, and about sixty other violent attacks, most of these involving fights at parties. On the other hand, there have been hundreds of thefts and cases of deliberate damaging of public property, which usually involves breaking windows or lights, or writing on walls. The thefts are not the carefully planned burglaries that you see in movies. Things get stolen when it is just easy to steal them because they are left lying around unwatched. Do we really need more police?Hiring more campus police would cost money, possibly making our tuition go up again. A better way to solve this problem might be for all of us to be more careful with our things.短对话:11. D. Discussing a house plan.12. D. She is tired of the food in the canteen.13. C. Listening to some loud music.14. C. The man can dress casually for the occasion.15. A. 100% cotton pants in dark blue.16. C. Its location.17. C. Travel overseas.18. A. It is a fair bargain.今年的听力短对话从提问方式来看,仍旧沿袭过去惯例,考查了信息细节题、暗示题和推断题,其中,信息细节题考查最多,例:短对话的1、5、6、8均为信息细节题。需要同学在听的能够较快速的捕捉关键词,并将其组合,从而又快又准确的锁定答案。从对话内容来看,今年的内容确实同预测的一致:日常化、生活化。短对话在包括了传统的餐厅、旅游、职业内容的询问以外,还加入了如第1题的装修、第14题的家庭聚会、第16题的购物等更贴近日常生活的话题内容。总体来说,今年的四级听力难度适中。如果有较好的细节抓取能力,完全能得到满意的分数。长对话:19. D Hosting an evening TV program20. A He worked as a salesman21. B He wanted to be his own boss22. A They are all the man’s friends23. B It remains a major of industrial activity24. C Transport problem25. D Measures to create job opportunities.听力长对话1点评:第一篇长对话是一期访谈节目,主题是对一位自主创业人士的一次访谈,难度一般,要拿满分应该不难。主持人问及男士是如何想到要自己创业的,自己的自行车行是否有固定营业时间,以及是否雇佣了一些员工。男士则顺着主持人的问话,谈及了自己的创业历程,店里的营业时间与方式等。考生在听的过程中,需要理解这些短语的意思,如have one’s heart on it,意思是“决心,一定要”,stand in the way,意思是“阻碍,挡道”。一般四级考生,这些短语在平常的学习中应该是有所积累的,不是难题。听力长对话2点评:这篇长对话围绕该地区的主要经济活动钢铁和纸张加工产业展开。男士对该地区这两大产业的现状不是很熟悉,所以女士为其做解答,介绍了钢铁产业在这一地区所占的重要地位,以及阻碍这一地区发展的主要因素,如地处山区,内地的小城镇依然交通不便。接着,二人则转向了下一个话题,即该地区的劳动力和培训与教育水平。女士这里简单地进行了一个概括,认为整体情况不错并且在不断进步。这篇长对话难度适中,考生可以先浏览一遍问题,推测出主题,然后带着问题去听,这样做起来就容易多了。这里有一个生单词,可能考生在听的时候会被这样一个单词难倒,Basque country,是指“法国西南端,西班牙北部地区”。不过这个表达不影响做题,考生即使没听懂,也不要在这里纠结,因为浏览过题目就知道,这个不是考察点,所以要继续集中精力往下听。这也是听力的一个技巧,带着问题去听,只抓主要信息以及与问题相关的信息,不重要的疑难点要及时忽略。 短文:26. B. They had known each other since childhood.27. B. At Joe’s houses.28. A. Social divisions will break down if people get to know each other.29. A. In his building’s parking lot.30. A. It had been stolen by someone.31. B. In the city garage.32. D. The mysteriousness of creativity.33. A. It is the source of all artistic work.34. D. Creative imagination.35. A. It is part of everyday life.Passage One本篇短文主要讲述了作者和好朋友Joe之前的友谊。他们二人在9岁的时候就认识了,随着时间的变化,两个人的友谊也越来越牢固。作者在文章中反思,他之所以能和Joe有如此深厚的友谊是因为他们能够有较长的时间相处,能够充分了解彼此。而在现代社会,人们则很少有时间去了解他人。了解到问题所在,也让作者更有决心去了解和结识更多的朋友。这篇文章基本上没有生僻的词汇,以叙述为主。但是其中有几个短语需要关注:day student:走读学生;boarding student:寄宿学生;curriculum:课程;mutual:相互的;nevertheless:然而; thanks to:多亏了….。理解了这些词,对听力的整体理解会有提升。Passage Two && 本篇文章是一本有趣的小故事。Louis很晚开车回家,发现自己小区和附近路边的停车位都满了,所以他只能开车到隔壁的一个街区去停车。但是因为时间太晚,Louis都没有仔细观察停车位入口旁的标识。第二天早上,Louis发现车子不见了。他以为车辆被盗所以报警。最后才发现,自己的车停到了别人私人车位上,被警察拖走了。Louis不得不开车到很远的地方取车,而且还交了罚单。这篇文章也很简单,没有出现太难的生词。整个内容就是一篇简短的小故事,只要能抓住时间线索,整篇文章的结构就很清楚了。Passage Three本篇文章讲述了人类的创造力。大家都知道有创造力的存在,但是却不知道创造力确切的是什么。文章中提出问题,创造力是与生俱来的还是后天习得的?最后文章得出结论,创造力是每个人都有的。它不仅仅在艺术领域有卓越的贡献,其实在很多重要的科学发现中也扮演了重要角色。创造力可以帮助人们从一个全新的角度认知世界,认识自我。这篇文章生词不多,但是所谈论的内容比较抽象。而且文章的第一句话,实际上是在提醒,这篇文章是接着前面的某个内容进行深入。pick up在这里表示“重新开始”,第一句话就是说,接着上次的内容继续讲。这一点是需要格外注意的。 听写:36. calculators37. handle38. items39. Responding40. emergencies41. rarely42. occur43. murders44. there have been hundreds of thefts and cases of deliberate damaging of public property45. Things get stolen when it’s easy to steal them, because they are left lying around unwatched.46. A better way to solve this problem might be for all of us to be more careful with our things.【解析】这篇文章谈论的是校园盗窃。从校园相关话题的角度而言,复合式听写的内容非常贴近生活,是考生所熟悉的。具体听写内容,单词仍然以一句话的主干内容为主,即名词和动词;而句子听写的长度和停顿间隔仍与往年一致,即18词左右,且每句间隔1-2句。所以,复合式听写难度与往年持平。但是考生们应考和平时听写时,都需要特别注意细节,如名词复数的变化,emergency的复数emergencies; 难词的拼写calculator(计算器)、theft(盗窃)。
小编导言:2012年6月英语四级深度阅读第真题第一篇原文出炉,文章选自《纽约时报》网站日的一篇文章,原文标题“Married With Bankruptcy”,在经济危机下,美国家庭中的夫妻选择抱团生活,以减轻经济开支。
IN times of economic crisis, Americans turn to their families for support. If the Great Depression is any guide, we may see a drop in our sky-high divorce rate. But this won’t necessarily represent an increase in happy marriages, nor is the trend likely to last. In the long run, the Depression weakened American families, and the current crisis will probably do the same.
We tend to think of the Depression as a time when families pulled together to survive huge job losses. The divorce rate, which had been rising slowly since the Civil War, suddenly dropped in 1930, the year after the Depression began. By 1932, when nearly one-quarter of the work force was unemployed, it had declined by around 25 percent from 1929. But this does not mean that people were suddenly happier with their marriages. Rather, with incomes plummeting and insecure jobs, unhappy couples often couldn’t afford to divorce. They feared that neither spouse would be able to manage alone.
Today, given the job losses of the past year, fewer unhappy couples will risk starting separate households. Furthermore, the housing market meltdown will make it more difficult for them to finance their separations by selling their homes.
After financial disasters (and natural ones as well) family members also tend to do whatever they can to help each other and their communities. In a 1940 book, “The Unemployed Man and His Family,” the sociologist Mirra Komarovsky described a family in which the husband initially reacted to losing his job “with tireless search for work.” He was always active, looking for odd jobs or washing windows for neighbors. Another unemployed man initially enjoyed spending more time with his young children. These men’s spirits were up, and their wives were supportive.
The problem is that such an impulse is hard to sustain. The men Komarovsky studied eventually grew discouraged, their efforts faltered, and their relationships with their wives and teenage children often deteriorated. Across the country, many similar families were unable to maintain the initial boost in morale. For some, the hardships of life without steady work eventually overwhelmed their attempts to keep their families together. The divorce rate began to rise again in 1934 when employment picked up, providing some unhappy couples with the income they needed to separate. The rate rose during the rest of the decade as the recovery took hold.
Millions of American families may now be in the initial stage of their responses to the current crisis, working together and supporting one another through the early months of unemployment. During the Depression this stage seemed to last a year at most. Today, it might last longer. Wives now share with their husbands the burden of earning money, and the government provides more assistance.
But history suggests that this response will be temporary. By 1940 the divorce rate was higher than before the Depression, as if a pent-up demand was finally being satisfied. The Depression destroyed the inner life of many married couples, but it was years before they could afford to file for divorce.
Today’s economic slump could well generate a similar backlog of couples whose relationships have been irreparably ruined. So it is only when the economy is healthy again that we will begin to see just how many fractured families have been created.
小编导言:2012年6月英语四级深度阅读第二篇源自《The Daily Beast》(《每日野兽》,美国新闻网站,由《纽约客》前总编蒂娜·布朗创办),文章标题——The High Price of Facebook,试卷节选了文中的一部分内容。(着色部分为节选内容)
If you don’t spend your days glued to tech blogs, you might not know about the latest trend among hipster techies: quitting Facebook. These folks, including a bunch of Google engineers, are bailing out because Facebook just changed its rules so that much of your personal profile information, including where you work, what music you like, and where you went to school, now gets made public by default. Some info is even shared with companies that are special partners of Facebook, like Yelp, Pandora, and Microsoft. And while there are ways to dial back on some of this by tinkering with your privacy settings, it’s tricky to figure out—intentionally so, according to cynics.
The fear is that people are being lured into Facebook with the promise of a fun, free service, and don’t realize that they’re paying for it by giving up loads of personal information. Facebook then attempts to “monetize” one’s data by selling it to advertisers that want to send targeted messages.
Most folks using Facebook have no idea this is happening. Even if you’re very tech-savvy and do know what the company is up to, you still have no idea what you’re paying for Facebook, because people don’t really know what their personal data is worth.
The biggest problem, however, is that the company keeps changing the rules. Early on, you could keep everything private. That was the great thing about Facebook—you could create your own little private network. Last year, the company changed its privacy rules so that a lot of things—your city, your profile photo, the names of your friends—were set, by default, to be shared with everyone on the Internet. Sure, you could change everything back and make it private. But most people probably didn’t bother. Now Facebook is going even further by insisting that unless you agree to make things like your hometown, interests, and friends’ names public, then you can’t list them at all.
The whole kerfuffle is a misunderstanding, according to Elliot Schrage, Facebook’s vice president of communications and public policy. In his version of events, the company is simply making changes to improve the service it provides to users by giving them more “granular” control over what they share, and if people don’t share information they have a “less satisfying experience.” Facebook is innovating so rapidly, he says, that people don’t fully understand what the company is doing, and that change is scary.
Some critics think this is more about Facebook looking to make more money. Its original business model, which involved selling ads and putting them at the side of the page, totally flopped. Who wants to look at advertisements when they’re online connecting with their friends? Facebook denies that financial motives drove the changes. “Of all the criticisms, that’s the one I find most distressing—that anything we’ve done is damaging to users in order for us to make more money,” says Schrage.
And not everyone thinks it’s such a bad thing to have less privacy online. Some users, like Robert Scoble, ap-plauded Facebook’s new policies. “I wish Facebook were MORE open!!!” he wrote on his blog. “I haven’t cared about privacy for years.”
But others are saying that this isn’t what they signed up for when they joined. The privacy issue has already landed Facebook in hot water in Washington. In April, Sen. Charles Schumer and two other senators called on Facebook to change its privacy policy. They also urged the Federal Trade Commission to set guidelines for social-networking sites. In May, a group of 15 online-privacy groups filed a formal complaint with the FTC accusing Facebook of “unfair and deceptive trade practices.” “I think the senators rightly communicated that we had not been clear about what the new products were and how people could choose to use them or not to use them,” Schrage concedes.
Losing a few people won’t hurt Facebook, which has more than 400 million registered members, most of them oblivious to the debate over privacy. In fact, I suspect Facebook will end up being to this decade what Microsoft was to the 1990s—an ever-more-powerful company with tentacles that reach into everything. I also suspect that whatever Facebook has done so far to invade our privacy, it’s only the beginning. Which is why I’m considering deactivating my account. Facebook is a handy site, but I’m freaked by the idea that my information is in the hands of people I don’t trust. That is too high a price to pay.
Directions: There are 2 passages in this section. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D). You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre.
Passage One
52. D. Its negative effects have long been neglected.
53. A. Goals with financial rewards have strong motivational power.
54. B. They resorted to unethical practice to meet their sales quota.
55. B. Its conclusion is not based on solid scientific evidence.
56. A. Studying goal-setting can throw more light on successful business practices.
本文出自http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/current/node/4056,原文题目为The dark side of goal-setting。 这篇文章有一定难度,尤其是作者的态度一定要把握好。作者并未全盘否定目标制定,而是说一定要制定切合实际的目标,以保证建设性推进计划,避免不道德行为伤害到计划的实施,因此这方面的研究值得继续推进下去,给大家更好的指导。
Passage two
57. D) Free market plus government intervention.
58. B) Government regulation hinders economic development.
59. B) Effective measures adopted by the government.
60. D) They give up the idea of smaller government and less regulation.
61. D) Excessive borrowing.
文章改编自新闻网站The Daily Beast的文章Asian Wisdom,主题是“那些过度负债、经济增长缓慢的西方国家能从经济繁荣的亚洲学到什么东西”。作者认为美国和欧洲都受制于自己的意识形态,并指出一些明智的联邦政府措施就可以使美国重新走上正确的道路;欧洲的问题在于不断增加的债务,必须从根本上寻找解决之道。
67. C avoid
68. B however
69. D failing
70. C stages
72. A predicts
73. A through
75. B sensitive
76. D experience
77. B as well as
78. C emotions
80. A inevitable
81. D receive
82. A with
83. D quality
84. B positive
85. A memories
86. B increased
选自Social Psychology 这本书的443页
作者:Catherine A. Sanderson
87. Those flowers looked as if they hadn't been watered for a long time(好长时间没有浇水了).
【点评】they即flowers做主语,用被动语态。一段时间应用完成时,looked过去式相比,后面应该过去完成时。
88. Fred bought a car last week. It is £1,000 cheaper than mine(比我的车便宜一千英镑).
【点评】简单的比较级,cheaper than。不需要重复car,直接用mine代替my car.
89. This TV program is quite boring. We might as well listen to the music (不妨听听音乐).
【点评】might as well“不妨”,原句中有might。listen to the music,听音乐。
90. He left his office in a hurry, with lights on and doors open(灯亮着,门开着).
【点评】with短语做伴随状语,逻辑主语和表语之间的系动词省略。
91.The famous novel is said to have been translated into multiple languages(已经被译成多种语言).
【点评】be said to后面跟动词原型,“已经被译”,用完成时被动语态have been translated,介词用into。
文章来源:大耳朵英语--免费实用

我要回帖

更多关于 以感动为题写一篇作文 的文章

随机推荐