jiaoflovepx是什么意思思

have sought to reach啥意思啊?Those you have sought to reach,whether they be in your family or elsewhere,are part of a chain of love that can extend through the generations.翻译是:那些你所想到的人,不管他们在你的家里或是其他什么地方,都是这条在_百度作业帮
have sought to reach啥意思啊?Those you have sought to reach,whether they be in your family or elsewhere,are part of a chain of love that can extend through the generations.翻译是:那些你所想到的人,不管他们在你的家里或是其他什么地方,都是这条在
Those you have sought to reach,whether they be in your family or elsewhere,are part of a chain of love that can extend through the generations.翻译是:那些你所想到的人,不管他们在你的家里或是其他什么地方,都是这条在几代人间延续的爱的链条上的一环..可是seek to reach 不是努力争取的意思吗?
没错.我觉得这里seek to reach可以理解为try to reach不过不是太明白这句话想表达什么意思.就算翻译成的中文,都不知道要表达什么.
句中sought to reach意思比较接近:(比较用心地)追求您已经赞过此文了。
学会像艺术家一样偷窃——以及另外九点忠告
原作者:Austin Kleon
发表时间:浏览量:10702评论数:4挑错数:0
这十点忠告不仅针对艺术创作,而且适合所有热爱生活的人。
Note: This is a slightly edited version of a talk I gave yesterday at Broome Community College in Binghamton, New York. It’s a simple list of 10 things I wish I’d heard when I was in college.
【注:这是我在纽约Binghamton的Broome Community College所做的演讲,略有修改。所列10项内容,是我希望自己当年在大学能学到的。】
All advice is autobiographical. 所有忠告都是基于忠告者的自身经验。 It’s one of my theories that when people give you advice, they’re really just talking to themselves in the past. This list is me talking to a previous version of myself. 我的理论之一:当别人给你忠告时,实际是在说给当年的自己。下面就是我给从前的我列出的清单。
Your mileage may vary. 你的情况或许不同。
1. Steal like an artist. 1. 像艺术家一样偷窃。 Every artist gets asked the question, “Where do you get your ideas?” 每个艺术家都会被问到:“你的灵感来自哪里?” The honest artist answers, “I steal them.” 诚实者的回答是:“是偷来的。”
I drew this cartoon a few years ago. There are two panels. Figure out what’s worth stealing. Move on to the next thing. 几年前我画了这张漫画,分为两格:①看看有什么值得偷;②继续前进。 That’s about all there is to it. 这就是关于艺术的全部。 Here’s what artists understand. It’s a three-word sentence that fills me with hope every time I read it: 这就是艺术家的理解。有这么一句话,只有四个字,我每说一次都充满希望:
(没有原创。) It says it right there in the Bible. Ecclesiastes: 《圣经 传道书》中就明白写着: That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun. “已有之事,后必再有;已行之事,后必再行;日光之下,并无新事。” Every new idea is just a mashup or a remix of previous ideas. 每个新的想法,不过是以前想法的混合与拼接。
Here’s a trick they teach you in art school. Draw two parallel lines on a piece of paper: 下面这个把戏你在艺术学校学过:在一张纸上画两条平行线。
How many lines are there? There’s the first line, the second line, but then there’s a line of negative space that runs between them. See it? 纸上有几条线?第一条、第二条,但是这两条线之间的空间也是一条线,看到了吗? 1 + 1 = 3. 1+1=3
Speaking of lines, here’s a good example of what I’m talking about: genetics. You have a mother and you have a father. You possess features from both of them, but the sum of you is bigger than their parts. You’re a remix of your mom and dad and all of your ancestors. 说到线条,有一个很好的例子:遗传学。你有父亲母亲,你拥有他们双方的特征,但你本身的特征又超出他们每一部分的特征。你是你父母以及所有祖先的混合体。
(思想的家谱) You don’t get to pick your family, but you can pick your teachers and you can pick your friends and you can pick the music you listen to and you can pick the books you read and you can pick the movies you see. 你无法选择生在哪个家庭,但是你能选择自己的老师、朋友,选择听什么音乐、读什么书、看什么电影。
Jay-Z talks about this in his book, Decoded: Jay-Z在其《解码》一书中做了阐述: We were kids without fathers…so we found our fathers on wax and on the streets and in history, and in a way, that was a gift. We got to pick and choose the ancestors who would inspire the world we were going to make for ourselves…Our fathers were gone, usually because they just bounced, but we took their old records and used them to build something fresh. “我们是没有父辈的孩子……所以我们到唱片里、到街上、到历史中去找寻他们。在某种程度上,这是一种恩赐。我们得去发掘、去选择自己的祖先,选那些曾经创想启迪世界,我们要为自己创造同样的世界……我们的父辈走了,因为他们也是过客,但我们承接了他们的旧作,用以进行新的创造。” You are, in fact, a mashup of what you choose to let into your life. You are the sum of your influences. The German writer Goethe said, “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” 实际上,你是自己选择并接受的思想的混合体,是自己所受影响的综合。德国作家歌德说过:“我们所热爱的塑造了我们。”
An artist is a collector. Not a hoarder, mind you, there’s a difference: hoarders collect indiscriminately, the artist collects selectively. They only collect things that they really love. 艺术家是收藏者,而不是囤积者。注意!他们有区别:囤积者的收集是不加分辨的,而艺术家是有选择的,他们只收集自己真心热爱的东西。 There’s an economic theory out there that if you take the incomes of your five closest friends and average them, the resulting number will be pretty close to your own income. 这里有一个经济学理论:如果你把五个最要好朋友的收入拿来平均一下,得到的结果将非常接近你自己的收入。 I think the same thing is true of our idea incomes. You’re only going to be as good as the stuff you surround yourself with. 我认为这对“思想收入”同样适用。你把自己放在什么样的环境中,你就会是什么样子。
My mom used to say to me, “Garbage in, garbage out.” 我母亲过去常对我说:“进垃圾,出垃圾。” It used to drive me nuts. But now I know what she means. 这常常让我抓狂,但是现在我明白了她的意思。 Your job is to collect ideas. The best way to collect ideas is to read. Read, read, read, read, read. Read the newspaper. Read the weather. Read the signs on the road. Read the faces of strangers. The more you read, the more you can choose to be influenced by. 你的工作就是收集思想。最好的办法就是多读,阅读、浏览、观察、辨别、体味。读报、感受天气、留心道路标识、观察陌生人的表情。你读到的越多,就能有越多的影响可供选择。
Identify one writer you really love. Find everything they’ve ever written. Then find out what they read. And read all of that. Climb up your own family tree of writers. 确定自己真心喜欢哪些作家,把他们写过的所有作品都找出来,然后找出他们曾经看过什么,都看一看。沿着你自己的作家家谱向上攀登。 Steal things and save them for later. Carry around a sketchpad. Write in your books. Tear things out of magazines and collage them in your scrapbook. 把东西偷过来,留作后用。随身携带素描本,写进你的书里。把从杂志上撕下来的放到你的剪贴簿中。 Steal like an artist. 像艺术家一样偷窃。 2. Don’t wait until you know who you are to start making things. 2. 别等到明白“我是谁”才开始创造。 There was a video going around the internet last year of Rainn Wilson, the guy who plays Dwight on The Office. He was talking about creative block, and he said this thing that drove me nuts, because I feel like it’s a license for so many people to put off making things: “If you don’t know who you are or what you’re about or what you believe in it’s really pretty impossible to be creative.” 去年网上有一段Rainn Wilson的视频(他在《办公室》里扮演Dwight),说的是创造障碍。他的话让我很不舒服,我觉得那正是许多人为自己一再拖延而找的冠冕堂皇的借口。“如果你不知道自己是谁、是做什么的、相信哪些东西,真的不可能有创造力。” If I waited to know “who I was” or “what I was about” before I started “being creative”, well, I’d still be sitting around trying to figure myself out instead of making things. In my experience, it’s in the act of making things that we figure out who we are. 如果我等到明白“我是谁”或“我想做什么”才“有创造力”,那么我现在还正在无所事事地试图了解自己,而是不是行动。据我的经验,只有在行动的过程中,我们才能了解自己。
(行动=了解自己) You’re ready. Start making stuff. 你准备好了,开始行动吧。 You might be scared. That’s natural. 你也许会害怕,那很正常。 There’s this very real thing that runs rampant in educated people. It’s called imposter syndrome. The clinical definition is a “psychological phenomenon in which people are unable to internalize their accomplishments.” It means that you feel like a phony, like you’re just winging it, that you really don’t have any idea what you’re doing. 有一种情形正在受教育的人群中蔓延,叫做“自我能力否定倾向”,其临床定义是“一种无法从内心认可自我成就的心理现象”,就是说你认为自己是冒牌者,是在即兴表演,你对自己的行为实际上毫无概念。 Guess what? 猜猜怎么着? None of us do. I had no idea what I was doing when I started blacking out newspaper columns. All I knew was that it felt good. It didn’t feel like work. It felt like play. 我们都没有概念。当我开始涂黑报纸的专栏时*,也不知道自己在干什么。我只知道感觉不错。那不像是工作,到像在玩耍。 (译注:作者Austin Kleon的发明。随意找一张报纸,圈出你想要的文字,用黑色涂掉那些不需要的,保留下来的字重新构成你想表达的内容。) Ask any real artist, and they’ll tell you the truth: they don’t know where the good stuff comes from. They just show up to do their thing. Every day. 随便询问一位真正的艺术家,他会告诉你真相:他也不知道好点子来自哪里,他只是做自己该做的,每天如此。 Have you ever heard of dramaturgy? It’s a fancy sociological term for something this guy in England said about 400 years ago: 你听说过“拟剧理论”吗?那是个花哨的社会学术语,其内容早在400多年前已经被这个英国人表达过了: All the world’s a stage, “整个世界是一个舞台, And all the men and women merely players: &所有男女不过是演员, They have their exits 他们各自登台、退场, And one man in his time plays many parts… &一人同时扮演着许多角色......” Another way to say this: 换一种说法:
(模仿直至成功。) I love this phrase. There’s two ways to read it: Fake it ‘til you make it, as in, fake it until you’re successful, until everybody sees you the way you want, etc. Or, fake it til’ you make it, as in, pretend to be making something until you actually make something. I love that idea. 我喜欢这句话。它有两种解读方式,一种是:模仿,直到你模仿得成功,直到人人都如你所愿地看待你;另一种是:假装创造,直到你能成功地创造。我喜欢这种想法。
I also love the book Just Kids by Patti Smith. I love it because it’s a story about how two friends moved to New York and learned to be artists. You know how they learned to be artists? They pretended to be artists. I’ll spoil the book for you and describe my favorite scene, the turning scene in the book: Patti Smith and her friend Robert Maplethorpe dress up in all their gypsy gear and they go to Washington Square, where everybody’s hanging out, and this old couple kind of gawks at them, and the woman says to her husband, “Oh, take their picture. I think they’re artists.” “Oh, go on,” he shrugged. “They’re just kids.” 我还喜爱帕蒂o史密斯的小说《不过是孩子》,因为这本书在是关于一对朋友怎么去了纽约,成为艺术家的故事。他们是怎么成为艺术家的呢?他们假装成艺术家。我要扫你的兴,把我最喜欢的那幕场景讲给你听。那是故事的转折点:帕蒂o史密斯和朋友罗伯特o梅普尔索普从头到脚全副吉普赛行头,去华盛顿广场,那里到处都是人。有一对老夫妇呆呆地看着他们,然后太太对先生说:“噢,给他们拍张照片,我想他们是艺术家。”先生耸耸肩说,“唉,走吧,他们不过是孩子。” The point is: all the world’s a stage. You need a stage and you need a costume and you need a script. The stage is your workspace. It can be a studio, a desk, or a sketchbook. The costume is your outfit, your painting pants, or your writing slippers, or your funny hat that gives you ideas. The script is just plain old time. An hour here, or an hour there. A script for a play is just time measured out for things to happen. 关键是:整个世界就是一个舞台。你需要一个舞台、一副行头、一个剧本。舞台就是你工作的场所,可以是工作室、书桌或写生簿。行头就是你的全套装备:你的画画裤子、写作拖鞋、或者能给你灵感的滑稽帽子。剧本就是平凡古老的时间,这儿一小时,那儿一小时。演出的剧本不过是事情发生所需的时间。 Fake it ’til you make it. 模仿,直至成功。
3. Write the book you want to read. 3. 写你想读的书。 Quick story: 小故事: Jurassic Park came out on my 10th birthday. I loved it. I was kind of obsessed with it. I mean, what 10-year-old wasn’t obsessed with that movie? The minute I left my little small-town theater, I was dying for a sequel. 《侏罗纪公园》上映那天是我10岁生日。我非常喜欢这部电影,简直是为它着迷。我的意思是说,有哪一个10岁的小孩不为这样一部电影着迷呢?自打我离开小城影院的那一刻,就渴望看到续集。 I sat down the next day at our old green-screen PC and typed out a sequel. In my treatment, the son of the game warden eaten by velociraptors goes back to the island with the granddaughter of the guy who built the park. See, one wants to destroy the rest of the park, the other wants to save it. Of course, they fall in love and adventures ensue. 第二天,我坐在家里的老式电脑屏幕前,敲出了一部续集。在我的版本里,被伶盗龙吃掉的狩猎管理员的儿子跟哈蒙德博士的孙女一起回到了岛上。他们一个想毁掉公园,一个想拯救它。当然,他们相爱了,接下来就是冒险。 I didn’t know it at the time, but I was writing what we now call fan fiction—fictional stories based on characters that already exist. 当时我还不知道,我所写的就是当今所称的“同人小说”——利用已经存在的虚构人物创作的小说。 10-year-old me saved the story to the hard drive. 10岁的我将作品保存到硬盘上。 Then, a few years later, Jurassic Park 2 came out. 几年之后,《侏罗纪公园2》问世了。 And it sucked. 它很烂。 The sequel *always* sucks compared to the sequel in our heads. 跟我们想象的续集比起来,续集总是很烂。
The question every young writer asks is: “What should I write?” 每一个年轻作家都会问的问题:“我该写什么?” And the cliched answer is, “Write what you know.” 陈词滥调的答复是:“写你知道的。” This advice always leads to terrible stories in which nothing interesting happens. 这种建议的结果就是糟糕透顶的故事,毫无趣味。 The best advice is not to write what you know, it’s write what you *like*. 最佳建议是:不要写你知道的,写你喜欢的。 Write the kind of story you like best. 写你最喜欢的那种故事。 We make art because we like art. 我们因为喜欢艺术而进行艺术创作。 All fiction, in fact, is fan fiction. 实际上,所有的小说都是同人小说。 The best way to find the work you should be doing is to think about the work you want to see done that isn’t being done, and then go do it. 想知道自己应该做什么,最好的方法就是想想有哪些事情是你想要有人去做而没人做的,然后你去做。 Draw the art you want to see, make the music you want to hear, write the books you want to read. 画你想看的画,谱你想听的曲,写你想读的书。
4. Use your hands. 4. 运用你的双手。 My favorite cartoonist, Lynda Barry, she has this saying: “In the digital age, don’t forget to use your digits! Your hands are the original digital devices.” 我最喜欢的漫画家是Lynda Barry,她说过这样的话:“在数字时代,别忘了使用你的手!它们是原始的数字工具。” When I was in creative writing workshops in college, all manuscripts had to be in double-spaced, Times New Roman font. And my stuff was just terrible. It wasn’t until I started making writing with my hands that writing became fun and my work started to improve. 当年我在大学的创意写作班时,所有的手稿都必须是两倍行距和Times New Roman字体。我写的东西一塌糊涂。直到我开始用双手写作以后,写作才变得有趣,我的作品才开始进步。 The more I stay away from the computer, the better my ideas get. Microsoft Word is my enemy. I use it all the time at work. I try to stay away from it the rest of my life. 离电脑越远,我的脑子就越好用。微软Word是我的敌人。工作时我离不开它,其余时间我尽量敬而远之。 I think the more that writing is made into a physical process, the better it is. You can feel the ink on paper. You can spread writing all over your desk and sort through it. You can lay it all out where you can look at it. 我认为,你越是把写作变成一种动手的过程,写出来的东西就越好。你可以感觉到纸上的墨水,可以将草稿铺满书桌挑挑拣拣,可以把它们放到任何能看见的地方。 People ask me why I don’t develop an iPhone or iPad Newspaper Blackout app, and I tell them&&because I think there is magic in feeling the newsprint in your hand and the words disappearing under that marker line. A lot of your senses are engaged–even the smell of the fumes add to the experience. 有人问我为什么不开发一款用于iPhone或iPad的报纸涂鸦程序,我的回答是:手握报纸、眼见文字消失在黑笔之下的感觉有一种魔力,多种感官参与其中——甚至油墨的气味也会增加你的体验。
Art that only comes from the head isn’t any good. Watch any good musician and you’ll see what I mean. 仅仅来自头脑的艺术不是好的艺术。随便看看一位音乐家,你就能明白我的意思。 When I’m making the poems, it doesn’t feel like work. It feels like play. 当我创作诗歌的时候,不像是工作,倒像在娱乐。 So my advice is to find a way to bring your body into your work. Draw on the walls. Stand up when you’re working. Spread things around the table. 所以我的建议是:找到一种方式,让你的身体参与你的工作。在墙上画画、站着干活、把东西摊它一桌子。 Use your hands. 运用双手。
5. Side projects and hobbies are important. 5. 编外项目和业余爱好很重要。 Speaking of play — one thing I’ve learned in my brief tenure as an artist: it’s the side projects that blow up. 说到娱乐,在我短暂的艺术生涯里学到的一点就是:具有爆炸效果的都是编外项目。 By side projects I mean the stuff that you thought was just messing around. Stuff that’s just play. That’s actually the good stuff. That’s when the magic happens. 我所说的编外项目,就是你认为只是用来打发时间的东西,纯粹的消遣。实际上,那正是些好东西,是魔法发生的地方。 The blackout poems were a side project. Had I been focused only on my goal of writing short fiction, had I not allowed myself the room to experiment, I’d never be where I am now. 涂黑诗作就是一个编外项目。要是我仅仅专注于写我的短篇小说,要是我没给自己留出试验的空间,我永远不会有今天的收获。
It’s also important to have a hobby. Something that’s just for you. Music is my hobby. (That’s me at Guitar Center.) 拥有一项业余爱好也很重要,仅为自娱自乐。音乐是我的业余爱好。(那是我在吉他中心。) While my art is for the world to see, music is for me and my friends. We get together every Sunday and make noise for a couple of hours. It’s wonderful. 我在艺术上公之于众,而音乐上则只限于自己和朋友。我们每周日聚会,花上几个小时制造噪音。好玩极了。 So the lesson is: take time to mess around. Have a hobby. It’s good for you, and you never know where it may lead you… 因此我的经验是:花些时间消磨一下,找个业余爱好,那对你有好处,你永远不知道它会将你引往何处……
6. The secret: do good work and put it where people can see it. 6. 秘笈:拿出好的作品,放到人们能看见的地方。 I get a lot of e-mails from young artists who ask how they can find an audience. “How do I get discovered?” 许多年轻艺术家给我发电子邮件,问怎样才能找到观众。“我怎么才能被发现?” I sympathize with them. There was a kind of fallout that happened when I left college. The classroom is a wonderful, if artificial place: your professor gets paid to pay attention to your ideas, and your classmates are paying to pay attention to your ideas. 我理解他们的处境。我大学毕业后也有些茫然。课堂是一个美妙而又造作的地方:教授们关注你的想法,从而获得报酬;同学们交了学费来关注你的想法。 Never in your life will you have such a captive audience. 你一生中再也不会有这样的囚徒般的观众。 Soon after, you learn that most of the world doesn’t necessarily care about what you think. It sounds harsh, but it’s true. As Steven Pressfield said, “It’s not that people are mean or cruel, they’re just busy.” 很快你就会明白大多数人并不关心你的想法。这听起来很刺耳,却是实情。就像Steven Pressfield说的:“人们并非自私或残忍,只是太忙。” If there was a secret formula for getting an audience, or gaining a following, I would give it to you. But there’s only one not-so-secret formula that I know: “Do good work and put it where people can see it.” 如果存在获取观众或赢得追随的秘方,我会给你。但是我只知道一个算不上秘方的方法:“拿出好的作品,放到人们能看见的地方。” It’s a two step process. 这分作两步。 Step one, “do good work,” is incredibly hard. There are no shortcuts. Make stuff every day. Fail. Get better. 第一步,“拿出好的作品”极其困难,没有捷径可循。每天都要创作,失败了,改进。 Step two, “put it where people can see it,” was really hard up until about 10 years ago. Now, it’s very simple: “put your stuff on the internet.” 第二步,“放到人们能看见的地方”,直到大概10年前还绝非易事。现在则非常简单:“把你的作品放到互联网上。” I tell people this, and then they ask me, “What’s the secret of the internet?” 我这么告诉他们,他们便问我:“互联网有什么不寻常的地方?”
Step 1: Wonder at something. Step 2: Invite others to wonder with you. 步骤1:思考。步骤2:邀请别人同你一起思考。 You should wonder at the things nobody else is wondering about. If everybody’s wondering about apples, go wonder about oranges. 你应当思考别人不思考的问题。如果大家都在思考苹果,那你就去思考橙子。 One of the things I’ve learned as an artist is that the more open you are about sharing your passions, the more people love your art. 作为一个艺术家,我学会的一条就是:你越是开放地分享自己的激情,人们就越喜爱你的艺术作品。 Artists aren’t magicians. There’s no penalty for revealing your secrets. 艺术家不是魔术师,揭秘不会受到惩罚。
Believe it or not, I get a lot of inspiration from people like Bob Ross and Martha Stewart. Bob Ross taught people how to paint. He gave his secrets away. Martha Stewart teaches you how to make your house and your life awesome. She gives her secrets away. 信不信由你,我从Bob Ross和Martha Stewart这样的人身上获得了许多灵感。Bob Ross教人们画画,他公开了自己的秘密。Martha Stewart教人们扮靓居室和生活,她也将秘密公诸于众。 People love it when you give your secrets away, and sometimes, if you’re smart about it, they’ll reward you by buying the things you’re selling. 人们喜欢你公开自己的秘密。有时,如果你做得巧妙,他们会购买你推销的东西作为回报。 When you open up your process and invite people in, you learn. I’ve learned so much from the folks who submit poems to the Newspaper Blackout site. I find a lot of things to steal, too. It benefits me as much as it does them. 当你公开自己的创作过程,邀请人们参与时,你能学到东西。从那些给“报纸涂鸦”网站(Newspaper Blackout)提交诗作的人们身上,我已经学到了很多,也找到了很多可偷的东西。我和他们一样受益匪浅。 So my advice: learn to code. Figure out how to make a website. Figure out blogging. Figure out Twitter and all that other stuff. Find people on the internet who love the same things as you and connect with them. Share things with them. 所以我建议:学会编码,搞明白怎么做网站。搞明白博客、推特和其他类似的东西。在网上找跟你兴趣相投的人,同他们联系、交流。
7. Geography is no longer our master. 7. 地理不再是我们的限制。 I’m so glad I’m alive right now. 我真高兴自己活在当下。
I grew up in the middle of a cornfield in Southern Ohio. When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was hang out with artists. All I wanted to do was get the heck out of southern Ohio and get someplace where something was happening. 我在南俄亥俄州的玉米地里长大。孩提时代,我一心想跟艺术家交往,一心想着离开南俄亥俄,到有事情发生的地方去。 Now I live in Austin, Texas. A pretty hip place. Tons of artists and creative types everywhere. 现在我住在德克萨斯的奥斯汀,一个相当时髦的地方。艺术家和各种艺术形式随处可见、不计其数。 And you know what? I’d say that 90% of my mentors and peers don’t live in Austin, Texas. They live on the internet. 你猜怎么着?我的师友同道90%都不在这里。他们在互联网上。 Which is to say, most of my thinking and talking and art-related fellowship is online. 换言之,我的大部分思考、言谈以及与艺术相关的联系都在网上。 Instead of a geographical art scene, I have Twitter buddies and Google Reader. 我拥有推特好友和谷歌读者,而不是置身地域性的艺术团体。 Life is weird. 生活真是古怪。
8. Be nice. The world is a small town. 8. 要友善,世界是个小镇。 I’ll keep this short. There’s only one reason I’m here. I’m here to make friends. 我长话短说。我来这里只有一个目的——交朋友。
Kurt Vonnegut said it best: “There’s only one rule I know of: goddamn it, you’ve got to be kind.” Kurt Vonnegut说得好:“我只知道一个规矩:见鬼,你一定要友善。” The golden rule is even more golden in our hyper-connected world. 这一金科玉律在当前超级联通的世界里更加彰显其价值。 An important lesson to learn: if you talk about someone on the internet, they will find out. Everybody has a Google alert on their name. &要学会一个重要原则:如果你在网上谈论某人,他们早晚会知道。人人都有自己名字的谷歌快讯。 The best way to vanquish your enemies on the internet? Ignore them. 在网上战胜敌人的法宝?忽视他们。 The best way to make friends on the internet? Say nice things about them. 在网上交朋友的法宝?夸奖他们。
9. Be boring. It’s the only way to get work done. 9. 要乏味,这是完成工作的唯一方法。 As Flaubert said, “Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.” Flaubert说过:“生活要有规律、有条理,这样工作中才能充满激情与原创。” I’m a boring guy with a 9-5 job who lives in a quiet neighborhood with his wife and his dog. 我是一个乏味的家伙,和妻子还有狗住在一个安静的社区,过着朝九晚五的生活。 That whole romantic image of the bohemian artist doing drugs and running around and sleeping with everyone is played out. It’s for the superhuman and the people who want to die young. 那一整套放荡不羁的艺术家罗曼蒂克的形象——吸毒、到处招摇、跟谁都上床——已经过时了。那样的人要么是超人,要么打算英年早逝。 The thing is: art takes a lot of energy to make. You don’t have that energy if you waste it on other stuff. 事实是:艺术需要投入很多精力。如果你在其它方面浪费精力,就无力从事艺术创作了。 Some things that have worked for me: 对我来说有效的方法: Take care of yourself.
照顾好自己。 Eat breakfast, do some pushups, get some sleep. Remember what I said earlier about good art coming from the body? 吃早点、做俯卧撑、睡个觉。还记得前面我说过好的艺术来自身体吗? Stay out of debt. 别欠债。 Live on the cheap. Pinch pennies. Freedom from monetary stress means freedom in your art. 节俭度日、精打细算。摆脱了金钱的压力意味着艺术上的自由。 Get a day job and keep it. 找份正常工作,保住它。 A day job gives you money, a connection to the world, and a routine. Parkinson’s law: work expands to fill the time allotted. I work a 9-5 and I get about as as much art done now as I did when I worked part-time. 正常的工作能带给你收入、同世界的联系以及按部就班的生活。帕金森定律:工作总是随着花在上面的时间而增加。我现在的工作朝九晚五,跟以前兼职时相比,创作的作品同样多。 Get yourself a calendar. (And a logbook.) 给自己设一个日程表(工作记录)。 You need a chart of future events, and you need a chart of past events. 你需要一个未来事件表,还要一个过去事件表。 Art is all about the slow accumulation over time. Writing a page one day doesn’t seem like much. Do it for 365 days and you have a big novel. 艺术不过是随着时间的慢慢累积。一天写一页看似不多,坚持365天就能写出一大部小说。 A calendar helps you plan work. This is the calendar I used for my book: 日程表能帮你计划工作。这是我为自己的书设的日程表:
A calendar gives you concrete goals, keeps you on track,&&and the nice reward of crossing things off and watching the boxes fill up. 日程表让你有明确的目标,让你有章可循。当你将做完的事情划掉,看着空格被填满,那真是美妙的奖赏。 Any goal you want to accomplish: get yourself a calendar. Break the task down into little bits of time. Make it a game. 对你想达成的任何目标,设一个日程表吧。把任务分解成小段的时间,把它当成游戏。
For past events, I suggest a logbook. It’s not a regular journal, it’s just a little book in which you list the things you do every day. You’d be amazed at how helpful having a daily record like this can be, especially over several years. 对于过去的事情,我建议你做工作记录。那不是通常意义上的日记,只是一个小本子,记下你每天的所作所为。你肯定会惊讶有这么一个日常记录会多么有用,尤其是经过几年以后。 Marry well. 找个好姻缘。 It’s the most important decision you’ll ever make. 这将是你作出的最重要的决定。 And marry well doesn’t just mean your life partner — it also means who you do business with, who you befriend, who you choose to be around. 好姻缘不仅仅指生活伴侣——还表示跟谁做生意、跟谁交朋友、跟谁在一起。
10. Creativity is subtraction. 10. 创造力是做减法。 It’s often what an artist chooses to leave out that makes the art interesting. What isn’t shown vs. what is. 通常,让艺术吸引人的是艺术家选择摒弃哪些东西,未表达的相对于表达出来的。 In this age of information overload and abundance, those who get ahead will be the folks who figure out what to leave out, so they can concentrate on what’s important to them. 在这个信息丰富与泛滥的时代,领先者将是懂得舍弃的人,因为这样他们才能专注于自认为重要的事情。 Devoting yourself to something means shutting out other things. 集中精力做一件事意味着抛开其他事情。 What makes you interesting isn’t just what you’ve experienced, but also what you haven’t experienced. 让你吸引人的不光是你经历了什么,还包括你没经历什么。 The same is true when you make art: you must embrace your limitations and keep moving. 从事艺术也是如此:你必须承认自己的局限性并继续前进。 Creativity isn’t just the things we chose to put in, it’s also the things we chose to leave out. Or black out. 创造力不仅是我们选择采用的东西,还是我们选择舍弃的,或涂黑的。 And that’s all I think I have. 这就是我想说的全部。 Thanks, y’all. 谢谢大家。
(看看我的新书:《报纸涂鸦》)
相关译文来自无觅插件
我喜欢这文
学到了不少。但真要做起来,还是很难的啊
看了很温暖自然, 有激情
意外的发现了这个网站及这文,惊喜。感谢分享
Copyright & 2014 yeeyan.org&&|&&&&|&&
北京译言协力传媒科技有限公司
京ICP证号&&京公网安备99号
&&|&&&&|&&
&&|&&&&|&&&&|&&

我要回帖